trial thread: 3/27/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armstrong and Rafferty went inside and she gave him the Percocets — she doesn’t remember how many. He sat for a bit, they chatted and then he left, she told the jury.
He was back at her Queensdale Court home a few days later but looked totally different.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/...led-rafferty-chatty-as-she-sold-him-percoets/

Very interesting to note that in the middle of a kidnapping he is totally relaxed, sits and chats with his old friend and then mosies on back to his car - like he didn't have a care in the world, no rush, no agenda to keep - just out and about around town ....

But, a couple of days later he is described as being a totally different, stressed out person ...

Why? Because when he was at BA's house on April 8 he had no idea that TLM had kidnapped TS or of the events that were to follow.

In the meantime, during those ten minutes that TLM waited for him in the car, she reviewed her situation. Perhaps she tried using MR's phone that he had left with her to call or text someone about the alleged drug debt, and not getting an answer, panicked, knowing that they could not bring TS back to Woodstock with them. TLM knows that she cannot allow TS to live, as she can identify TLM. She also knows that if she tells MR now that she has abducted the child and needs to kill her that he will not co-operate. Her twisted mind tells her that the child must die, and her body left where it will not be found for a good long time.

MR returns to the car and suggests a Timmies, to which TLM agrees. Stopping at Timmies on Woodlawn, TLM sees the Home Depot, and realizes that this is her chance to choose a murder weapon. She mentions to MR that she needs to pick up a couple of things and he waits for her in the car while she runs in, all the while unaware of what she is purchasing or what her plan is.

Since they now have the drugs they came to pick up in Guelph, there is no urgency and MR heads out of Guelph the back way. This is when TLM tells him that they need to pull over so TS can relieve herself .... so they turn into a laneway and MR walks over to a stand of trees ...

In my opinion MR was unaware of TLM's plan until it was too late. No wonder he would appear stressed and jittery a few days later.

JMO of course!

So, if Barbara Armstrong had been selling MTR drugs a "couple times a month" for a year, and she "met with him several days later" after April 8, 2009, was that the day that she sold him "a dozen more pills"?

If so, did that follow his "usual" pattern of purchases (if there was a pattern?)

Would MTR "normally" be back for more drugs within a few days of his last purchase, or was that an abnormality?

ETA: Here is the answer.

Woaaa.

He totally broke his pattern.

A dozen more times????

Is it a dozen pills and/or a dozen more occasions??? Either way, woaa.

So if they met a dozen more times, they must've met in Guelph. So, who knows if he went to the car wash and the dumpster to get rid of evidence during those visits.

I just read the article in the Star, which gives Barbara Armstrong's address and I feel suddenly very ill. She lives (or lived) maybe two short blocks from my house.

I don't think that MR's calm behaviour necessarily indicates innocence. Some of these very evil people are quite remarkable for their calmness as they go about planning and executing their crimes. I think he seemed upset and stressed later because he was afraid of what TLM was going to say. I bet he hadn't anticipated her being caught on video at the school, and once that was being shown everywhere (oh, and once TLM was picked up by police), I suspect he started to panic that he'd be caught. That's what stresses these people out - not doing harm to others, but worrying that something bad will happen to them.

Tink

He is just trying to put it all on TLM. That's fine, he will have to come up with something else the further we get into this. TLM cant be blamed for everything.

It's possible also that TLM is making up the rape. If she is, that's pretty evil. I mean imagine being told your child was murdered, but before she was murdered she was brutally raped. That would be more than excruciating. But then to find out that the rape was a lie. Crap, I would be so angry on angry on angry.

I just read the article in the Star, which gives Barbara Armstrong's address and I feel suddenly very ill. She lives (or lived) maybe two short blocks from my house.

I don't think that MR's calm behaviour necessarily indicates innocence. Some of these very evil people are quite remarkable for their calmness as they go about planning and executing their crimes. I think he seemed upset and stressed later because he was afraid of what TLM was going to say. I bet he hadn't anticipated her being caught on video at the school, and once that was being shown everywhere (oh, and once TLM was picked up by police), I suspect he started to panic that he'd be caught. That's what stresses these people out - not doing harm to others, but worrying that something bad will happen to them.

Tink

I know how you feel. Karla Homolka lived a few short blocks from my mom when she was released. I don't know how many sleepless nights I had until she was finally run out of town. :(

A former girlfriend who sold a stash of Percocets to Michael Rafferty an hour after Tori Stafford was abducted says he was very chatty that day and did not seem to be in any hurry.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/...led-rafferty-chatty-as-she-sold-him-percoets/

He was chatty because he was in control and getting his drugs. He was a wreck the next time because of his involvement in the crime and the heat was on---ie the video of the abduction and the attention must have had him in a panic.:jail: Sorry but I just don't buy the MR innocent theory at all. He was involved as much as TLM JMO

Very interesting to note that in the middle of a kidnapping he is totally relaxed, sits and chats with his old friend and then mosies on back to his car - like he didn't have a care in the world, no rush, no agenda to keep - just out and about around town ....

But, a couple of days later he is described as being a totally different, stressed out person ...

Why? Because when he was at BA's house on April 8 he had no idea that TLM had kidnapped TS or of the events that were to follow.

In the meantime, during those ten minutes that TLM waited for him in the car, she reviewed her situation. Perhaps she tried using MR's phone that he had left with her to call or text someone about the alleged drug debt, and not getting an answer, panicked, knowing that they could not bring TS back to Woodstock with them. TLM knows that she cannot allow TS to live, as she can identify TLM. She also knows that if she tells MR now that she has abducted the child and needs to kill her that he will not co-operate. Her twisted mind tells her that the child must die, and her body left where it will not be found for a good long time.

MR returns to the car and suggests a Timmies, to which TLM agrees. Stopping at Timmies on Woodlawn, TLM sees the Home Depot, and realizes that this is her chance to choose a murder weapon. She mentions to MR that she needs to pick up a couple of things and he waits for her in the car while she runs in, all the while unaware of what she is purchasing or what her plan is.

Since they now have the drugs they came to pick up in Guelph, there is no urgency and MR heads out of Guelph the back way. This is when TLM tells him that they need to pull over so TS can relieve herself .... so they turn into a laneway and MR walks over to a stand of trees ...

In my opinion MR was unaware of TLM's plan until it was too late. No wonder he would appear stressed and jittery a few days later.

JMO of course!

Derstine should have called Cha before trial :)

Tink

How many times do we hear stories about these psychopaths, i.e. Bernardo, Williams, Bundy, who are able to be cool as cucumbers when they have been been involved in such atrocious acts? MR & TLM were also in their happy place with the drugs they took that day.

It's possible also that TLM is making up the rape. If she is, that's pretty evil. I mean imagine being told your child was murdered, but before she was murdered she was brutally raped. That would be more than excruciating. But then to find out that the rape was a lie. Crap, I would be so angry on angry on angry.

So many young children are taken for the purpose of rape and rape is brutal. I don't think she made up the rape. I would like to think those things don;t happen but they do happen all the time and are not pretty. It is a form of torture. The word "rape" is just a word but the action is indescribably cruel and brutal.

JMO of course!

funny.. but this almost makes sense to me.

I agree with you 100% Kitty.

Can you imagine how TS's family must feel now after sitting and watching TLM snivel and drivel at her own hearing just a short time ago ... the apologies, the penance, the praise about their daughter ... and RS acknowledging afterwards that he appreciated her assistance in helping to locate his daughter's remains ... only to find out NOW that TLM is the evil bloodthirsty b*ch that took his daughters life with her own hands!!!

For months and months now the Stafford family has had it in their minds eye what happened to TS ... they have likely gone to bed every night with nightmares based on TLM's Agreed Statement of Fact that MR violently raped and then murdered their daughter ... only to have that nightmare replaced with a different one featuring a demented and twisted young girl in a murder frenzy.

In my opinion, TLM has tortured this family way in unfathomable ways. I personally hope that she rots in H*ll for all eternity.

JMO

My guess is they gave her a percocet, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and this is what the dentist gave me, knocked me out. BTW, if the mother had back problems that required pain killers her doctor could have prescribed those, in Canada, we have medicare, you don't need to buy them off the street at 5 times the price unless there for recreational use. Also, really don't think a petrified child is going to start screaming, we don't know what he/she said to her in that car.

Percocets aren't covered by any drug plan except public drug plan, OW and ODSP.

Didn't he deny that he did drugs in the first place, I like the comment to LE about "bad people and drugs" what a joke

and MTR was running down TLM's mother on the audio for taking drugs:what:

So MR's weight gain is from his withdrawal side affects.....I guess we tax payers have to pay for his methadone treatment in prison along with his room and board. Better to keep him there though....

That 1st tweet bbm, is worrisome. So he went out to that area every 3 or 4 days? How far is her house from the crime scene? Plenty of time to retrieve his shoes or other incriminating evidence, jmo...

Great point.

He went to BA's more than a dozen times between April 8th and May 19th.

Wondering again if he re-visited the crime scene, and if his Blackberry was with him?

I don't think he even would have to use the Blackberry, for the records to indicate what tower the phone was pinging off during his travels in the month after the murder.

JMO

So many young children are taken for the purpose of rape and rape is brutal. I don't think she made up the rape. I would like to think those things don;t happen but they do happen all the time and are not pretty. It is a form of torture. The word "rape" is just a word but the action is indescribably cruel and brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow