2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did MN miss the part where the Judge told the court reporter to "come on we have something to do" ?

I think he takes the court reporter with him when he goes into the Jury room - He went in to tell them they were off for the day, I figure

MarkNeJame

6 witnesses were in hall . This delay is fundamental for them not to be called. Likely not jury tampering...ct. reporter left. #caseyanthony
1 minute ago via TweetDeck

RedHuber

Crazy morning RT @scottaudette: @RedHuber: Media waiting for attorneys to leave courthouse. Time to erect a big top and call in the clowns!
2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I just read this one on twitter.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Someone knocked Cheney Mason's cart (files) over and he stopped walking and told everyone to get back. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

Neither Baez or Ashton wanted to ask Lee anything about what he reported to Baez. I can understand Ashton not wanting to ask because he had no idea what it was. If I was Mason I would want to find out what Lee heard that was so important that he had to go to Baez about it.

I think Mason found out it was something to do with false testimony or evidence.

Did he say who called him from the DOD? Did he name a name?

I believe he did. Go listen to court room discussions that took place yesterday after the jury was dismissed for the day. It's all there.

If it were non disclosure wouldn't both side have been in the meeting?

@TennisLaw Diana Tennis
People..this could be a plea deal. Judge not upset. Court reporter goes back. George upset. State could worry win but do-over. Not crazy.
12 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
@
@TennisLaw Agreed, just like Law&Order, Lawson Lamar probably went to Linda and said make it go away; But will Baez's ego get in the way?
2 minutes ago

Lol at this. If it was a plea all the attorneys would be talking not depo taking. JA would be with LDB and GF feverishly writing out the specifics they would require.

And to add to that, no KC did not confess to anything (just in case anyone was thinking that) for the reasons above and b/c she never would anyway.

Can Jean C stop saying 'dismissed court for the WEEKEND' and just say 'for the day'????
No, because it is for the weekend. Court resumes on Monday morning, not tomorrow.

Me thinks we are all a bit testy! (Including me. :floorlaugh:

Ok - side by side here

First is H Gagne's child playing in Caylee's bedroom
Second is the pic entered into evidence yesterday

girlCindybabysits48Hours.jpg

attachment.php

ETA: forgot links:

pic #1 - http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/...rlCindybabysits48Hours.jpg&mediafilter=images

pic #2 - link above in thumbnails - I pulled it from there

But, what I don't get is why they have to cancel a whole day of court? And if it's something they HAD TO take care of today...why not schedule today's proceedings tomorrow? What am I not getting?

That tells me it is more of the same. JB trying to sleaze something into evidence.
HHJP said something to the effect that some things are never going to change.
I feel sure if it were a bombshell they would be dealing with it Pronto!

I just finished the shortest trial thread EVER. I was actually up and able to follow this Saturday!!!! What the hell is going on? So much for a full day today! This is just NUTS. Unbelievable and INSANE!

From day one of seeing that pic it just seemed "off" to me. Like the girl in the pic was waaay bigger than Caylee/or even in proportion to the rest of the stuff in the pic. Just something didn't seem right. I don't know. JMO

I also thought it was strange when CA said under oath that she didn't have a bar on her patio door. I've never lived in a place where there was no bar in the patio door to prevent it from being opened. Even now, when my children and grandchildren are grown there is a bar in the patio door track. And I don't have a pool in my backyard! So, the picture, the searches that CA claimed she made, the bar in the patio door - all seemed staged to me. As CA was flipping through those pictures on the stand I could just envision her printing them out that morning and choosing which ones to give to JB. All my own opinions and thoughts.

Talk on HLN says NOT plea deal, NOT related to Baez' ethics. He was not sanctioned and left cheerfully. So possibly something moving to mistrial.:confused::razz:

I think it is a JB vs CM thing, watching them leave they seem to have distance between them, appear not to speak to each other.

Can Jean C stop saying 'dismissed court for the WEEKEND' and just say 'for the day'????
They amp it up don't they
Now LKB, is saying that HHJP as basically wrote checks he cannot cash. A jury in 1 week when it took 2 full weeks. He promised them they would be done by 7-7 and now that's not going to happen. She claims he (HHJP) will lose jurors because of this...lose them how, is what I want to know?

You are right. I also saw tweets about that, including Hoover.

You think Mason is making a complaint about his co-counsel?

The thing about Mason that confuses me is WHY does he allow this carp to continue?

I personally do not like him or his style, or his bombastic questioning, and the tone he takes with females, but from everything I've ever read or heard, he is a very successful, respected,, long-time local attorney.

I cannot figure out why in the world he would not have put his foot down long ago and stopped Baez' incompetant shennanigans.

Certainly he has to be aware of how badly it reflects on him also?

He seems to take pride in his body of work. He was really upset that time he told HHJP that HE had never been sanctioned in his career, and wasn't about to start. He wasn't being snotty that time, he was really upset that he was tainted with the same accusations.

Maybe these tweets posted from earlier today on the WESH site are pertinent?

Judge and defense. Prosecution sitting and waiting“@ummyeahsureokay: @bobkealing Are all attorneys out of the court right now?”

by bobkealing via twitter at 6:09 AM (PDT)

FYI: The live feed on our site is not down. It is just pointed at the door until #CaseyAnthony and her lawyers return.

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 6:10 AM

The judge and the defense (incl. #CaseyAnthony ) are behind closed doors talking.

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:12 AM

ETA:
Baez and Mason are back in the courtroom.

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 6:15 AM

@Mike Not likely. Prosecution never went back.

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 6:15 AM

And now prosecutors move up toward the front of the courtroom with Baez and Mason. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:15 AM

Sorry to quote my own post, but adding to the above, a few more tweets from earlier:

Court reporter is summoned and all attorneys head back behind closed doors. #CaseyAnthony sits at table w/ Sims. -jfell

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:17 AM

#CaseyAnthony just left courtroom with attorney Michelle Medina. -jfell

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:19 AM

#CaseyAnthony and the lawyers were back in the courtroom briefly and are now back out again.

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 6:19 AM

All this surely has my curiosity aroused!

Beth Keras talks about death penalty requirements in Florida....she says JB being second chair in other dp case makes him ‘paper qualified'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth