TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the brother's storyline. Can I say exactly why? No. It's a feeling I have and have had all along. Can I explain it? No, it's hard to put into words.

haha... me neither! One minute I feel that someone VERY close to her is responsible, then the next minute I feel that is was an aquaintance.

Also I get distracted by other poster's opinions. Anyways as long as people are still talking about her rather than letting it go away :)

My question has been...responsible for what?

But, I agree, in not letting it go just because I want the family to have to keep telling new versions of the story until someday someone in the media says, "Hey, wait a minute...?!"

Surprisingly, that hasn't happened yet no matter how many different versions of the story get told, or how crazyquilt nonsensical the ones out there now are.

Juxtapose this case with Sierra LaMar. She has been missing for 6 weeks.
LE is involved in searches. There are public organized searches a couple times a week.

In Holly's case, I think they MIGHT have searched a week and a half.
They had bad weather and searches were called off.
Easter came. People were thanked and sent away.
Searches by LE and the public ceased.

It did not and has not transitioned into a murder case.
It did not proceed as a missing persons case in any real sense.
It just...stopped.
Token search held in January notwithstanding; that was it's own little kerfuffle.

I've had the sense for awhile that the people involved in this case knew there would be a bit of renewed interest around the one year mark, and then it would be "over" for all intents and purposes. That's just my perception. The long overdue AMW "reenactment" to be the last word, so to speak in many people's minds, who didn't closely follow the case, will leave them with a skewed view of those events.

What happens from here on out?Some out of the blue mounted search by an out of state team again? Doubt it.
An update from the TBI on where the case currently stands? Doubt it.
The announcement the family is hiring a crack team of private investigators? Doubt it.

Over and under bets on when or what the next "news story" on this case will entail?

BBM
I think if an a Discovery or Dateline show becomes involved there might be more disclosures made.... LE seems to open-up a bit to these people IMO..

Do you have a source that states that the neighbour was one of the 911 callers?

Been talked about a jazillion times in the last year. There is even an interview with the Sheriff who described it all

Thank you :) I didn't think she called 911. I did see somewhere that Kristin Helm said she wouldn't comment on who made the second 911 call but wasn't aware of a 911 call from their neighbour.

I forget how many 911 calls there are but there are more than 2. I think its somewhere between 4 and 6 various calls

The ending of the searches around Easter of last year were quite a shock to most of us here. We had just been told that searches were scheduled to continue. A series of spring storms had delayed some of the searches so we were being updated daily.

Then we heard that there was a phone call to Karen....then we heard it was a text. Then we heard that due to that contact, something was found (presumed to be Holly's cell phone). Then the searches were halted.

That whole weekend gave me the ebbie jeebies. I've rehearsed it often in my mind. What contact was made with Karen.....and how did that lead to the discovery....and how did that change the way this case has developed since that time?

Bumping Holly's FBI sanctioned poster:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Please note she is still on their most wanted missing persons list and listed as 'Kidnapped.'
NCMEC has Holly listed as "Missing"- however, also note that NCMEC made an exception for Holly to be listed, as she was over the age of 18 at the time she was abducted. NCMEC makes those exceptions using certain criteria- generally info LE has provided during the course of their investigation.

I'll take the FBI's 'take' on Holly's case over MSM or any other talking heads anyday.

I can't for the life of me figure why everyone seems to think searching for Holly has ended. Taken a different route? Passed to a different agency or agencies? Perhaps. But ended?

No way.

I don't like the brother's storyline. Can I say exactly why? No. It's a feeling I have and have had all along. Can I explain it? No, it's hard to put into words.

IMO, the whole story has bothered me from the very beginning and I do know why I am bothered by it though. I have to summ up the reason the story is bothersome to me is due to the "lack of any real substance to help find her".

For me, it started bothering me right at the very beginning in that very first interview with the one parent and the Sheriff. I kept waiting for a plea to the abductor to let her go, and yet there was no direct plea to whoever supposedly had took her. I was really bothered by that because there was the chance to tell the perp to please let her go. After that, as time went on, I kept waiting for anyone to share some information to help find her, and it just got worse and worse for me from that point on.

When the description of the perp finally came out, I could not believe how incredibly "bland" it was. Person just happened to be dressed all in camo....Well, that didnt help much, did it. Then, as more + more interviews finally appeared around the JVM inerview time, we truly did get changing info or new info. The turkey + kneeling in garage first surfaced with the JVM interview. That was shocking to me because it was a bunch of new details that should have been released on day 1, and we are just hearing about that for the first time. Then, never again do we hear mention of kneeling in the garage again (EVER again).

I know a lot of people have blamed the media for the confusion, and I am sure there is some partial blame, but IMO, the main confusion and changing stories were because it WAS really changing by the new interviews + new statements we saw come out. We witnessed the height + weight changing, we heard of turkeys possibly being shown in the garage, we heard of guns being brought out to chase the guy, the kneeling in garage, etc. etc. This was all "NEW" information that was added well after the initial week of her disappearance. And some of it was changed, like the height + weight.

But with all these changes, there was never anything released that could really help anyone find her. There was never any real substance ever given.
That is what has really bothered me the most.

I think LE needs to release the 911 calls or at least a transcript to help out or release some other critical piece of information to help try to find her.
We always heard the excuse of "protect the investigation", and I am fine with that until it becomes obvious they aren't on a hot trail of the perp. I would consider a year old is pretty much long enough to think that some new information needs to be released by LE to help jar the case. LE needs to provide something to help them find her whereabouts.

Now, if LE already knows what happened, and are waiting for the right evidence, then they should maybe ask for some outside help because a year is way too long. Something has to change in their approach, or it will probably continue to stay stagnant IMO.

But anyway, I do know why I am bothered by it all. Sorry for the long response.

The ending of the searches around Easter of last year were quite a shock to most of us here. We had just been told that searches were scheduled to continue. A series of spring storms had delayed some of the searches so we were being updated daily.

Then we heard that there was a phone call to Karen....then we heard it was a text. Then we heard that due to that contact, something was found (presumed to be Holly's cell phone). Then the searches were halted.

That whole weekend gave me the ebbie jeebies. I've rehearsed it often in my mind. What contact was made with Karen.....and how did that lead to the discovery....and how did that change the way this case has developed since that time?

At the time that happened and once everything went silent, I kept thinking there may have been a ransom call or sometihing. But as the months passed, I had to throw away the ransom theory because it didnt make sense anymore as months dragged on.

There were people still waiting to help search. I never could understand why they would stop it either. Especialy even if they suspected someone was planting evidence....what better way to catch the person than to let the searches continue and try to catch them doing it. Even so, you never would stop looking for someone just because of people planting evidence. You would try to catch them , but still look for her. It did not make any sense to me either, and still doesnt.

Do you have a source that states that the neighbour was one of the 911 callers?

I think most of us here agree that it would be very helpful if LE would at least release all the 911 calls from that morning, including the call to the sheriffs office. Both Henderson + wherever else county LE was called. Having transcripts or the actual calls would be very helpful IMO.

I keep referring to the Jackson article because that one shocked me the most. That article had a lot of new details about times/events that were mentioned for the first time. The whole article really came across very strange to me because I kept wondering why some of that info wasnt told during the first week to help find her. But anyway, getting back to the 911 call, the part in the Jackson article that was very concerning to me was where the brother mentioned as he was dailing, he heard the police cars coming up the road. So, to me, it was never clear if he actually ever called 911 or not. It was really strange because 911 is 3 digits and he mentioned as he was dialing, so it just kind of came across as fake to me. You either call 911 or you dont, but I dont think dialing it would take too long, so to mention as he was dialing, he made it sound like it was 100 numbers long. Very strange like every thing else in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam