GUILTY WA - Zina Linnik, 12, Tacoma, 4 July 2007

/\ /\ Does this mean they no longer think that she is at that particular site, or is it something worse?

I'm pretty sure it means they no longer think she's at that site, but not 100% sure. I don't think they found anything, because they had to discuss whether to keep searching there or not.

I hope I don't get blazed for this opinion, but I have had a bad feeling about her father since the first I heard of this. Did anyone else hear her scream? Did anyone else actually see her at the fireworks? Who actually saw the Asian male? I really hope that I am wrong, but something just is not setting right with me.

Meridian, I wondered if the father had enough time to do anything with Zina if he was involved somehow. I'll admit to thinking something bugged me about his story in the initial reports. I haven't stayed on top of the case so I don't know what to believe now.

I'm still praying for her safe return. I hope she's a fighter.

News is saying perp was charged with incest in 1990 and should have been deported. People searching state park in area.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_071107WAB_tiger_mountain_amber_LJ.64abd940.html

Police impounded the van Monday for evidence and took the van's owner, a 42-year-old man, into custody on immigration charges. Police later confirmed the man is also a convicted Level 1 sex offender and is considered a person of interest in the case.

According to The News Tribune of Tacoma, court documents say detectives found a girl's undergarments during a search of the Parkland home of the 42-year-old man. The man also admitted to recently changing his license plate from 667-B, which closely matches the plate number police have searched for on the suspect van.

Detectives also talked to two people who say they were with the man until 9 p.m. on July 4. Zina disappeared at 9:45 p.m.

I'm kind of confused. There's an Asian man detained for immigration violations and a 42-year-old convicted sex offender and a prowl-report man whose van they've confiscated. Are these all the same guy?

I can only find one Asian sex offender listed in the registry for Tacoma but he's listed as being 37 not 42.

They are the same person. The reason 42 yo Terapon Adhahn is not on the Washington Sex Offender Registry is because he is a Level I offender. You have to be Level II or above to be listed. He pleaded to a charge of incest in 1990, down from much more serious charges I'm sure.

That's scary that in Washington you could live next to a Level I sex offender and never know about it? What's up with that :banghead:

I live on the same street as this creep! He's about 4 blocks down the road from me. I have 2 teenage age girls, and this is just too close to home.
Tacoma has a huge sex offender population and it's just sickening how they are dealt with.
There is a house on my block, a doctor built and lived there for many years. He decided to move and rent the 6 bedrooms out to anyone. I have had to call the police a few times on people in that house, and I have told the police I'm concerned about sex offenders ect living there. They have flat out told me that they can not tell me if anyone there is a sex offender unless they are a level 3 because it would be violating their rights.

Hi neighbor :) thou I live on the other side of the water I do work in downtown Tacoma.

They have flat out told me that they can not tell me if anyone there is a sex offender unless they are a level 3 because it would be violating their rights.

They are giving you false information.

http://pso.co.pierce.wa.us/

Check out this link and click on "my neighborhood search". It will give you all 3levels.

Tacoma is one of the most "wired" cities in the country. You can find almost
anything you want on line.

Hi neighbor :) thou I live on the other side of the water I do work in downtown Tacoma.

Check out this link and click on "my neighborhood search". It will give you all 3levels.

Tacoma is one of the most "wired" cities in the country. You can find almost
anything you want on line.

Thanks for the link. Here's some startling information:

Despite the revival the neighborhood has undergone in recent years, resident Heather Wagner, 24, said the kidnapping didn’t take her by surprise. She never lets her four children play outside their yard or even next to the fence, partially due to the number of registered sex offenders in the neighborhood. The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department reports 41 registered sex offenders living within a half-mile of Zina Linnik’s home.

“I’d do that with my kids even in a really rich neighborhood,” Wagner said. “Sex offenders don’t just stay in the ghetto.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/106464.html

Hi neighbor :) Yes, you can look up the sex offenders. But It only gives you the block they live on. Not their exact address and this is why if they told you there was a registered sex offender living in an exact house it would be in violation of the offenders rights. Its some legality concerning the sicko's safety.

I'm pretty sure it means they no longer think she's at that site, but not 100% sure. I don't think they found anything, because they had to discuss whether to keep searching there or not.

I'm getting totally confused. This was recently posted on Yahoo news. But if you watch the video, they say the search team has doubled and the guy is a POI.

Which is it? Stopped looking or search team doubled? Is this news report from yesterday and the written report from today?:doh:

fran

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/stories/ktvbn-jul1107-tiger_mountain_amber.6573633c.html

Amber Alert: Search discontinued

Here's the newest that I'm hearing....it's 12:20pm now

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_071107WAB_tiger_mountain_amber_LJ.64abd940.html

AMBER Alert: Search for Tacoma girl continues on Tiger Mountain

11:58 AM PDT on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

KING5.com Staff

Police and FBI agents were back on Tiger Mountain for the second straight day Wednesday morning after a tip Sunday led dozens of searchers east of Issaquah in King County. While police did not give details what they found, the investigation led to the seizure of a gray van similar to a suspect vehicle sought in Zina's dissappearance on July 4th.

Sounds like they found something:

FBI agents returned to Tiger Mountain on Wednesday in the search for evidence in the case of a missing Tacoma girl, a day after dozens of searchers spent hours looking for 12-year-old Zina Linnik.

KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Jeff Dubois said FBI agents were turning people away from one of the entrances to the mountain.

A Tacoma police spokesman told Dubois that at the end of Tuesday's 15-hour search of mountain trails, investigators made a discovery. Police wouldn't say what it was, but they wanted to take a closer look at it in the daylight to see if there's a connection to the girl, who disappeared on July 4.

Police said they suspended the full-scale search of the Tiger Mountain area that included a helicopter and tracking dogs.

Meanwhile, police said they are investigating a convicted sex offender in connection with Linnik's disappearance.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/13663801/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=news

its so frustrating to keep getting conflicting info...are they searching today
or not?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/front/topstories/story/107770.html

SEAN ROBINSON; The News Tribune Published: July 11th, 2007 01:00 PM

Updated 1:00 p.m. - A convicted sex offender detained and questioned by police about the July 4 disappearance of 12-year-old Zina Linnik remains the only person of interest connected to the case, Tacoma police said today.
“Not that they’re not looking in other areas,” said Mark Fulghum, Tacoma police spokesman.

Monday, investigators recovered “girl’s undergarments” from a home in Parkland where the 42-year-old man had been staying, according to search warrant documents filed in Pierce County Superior Court. Fulghum said the FBI has the evidence, along with other items found in the home and the man’s van.

Investigators looking for Linnik were still searching the Tiger Mountain area in Issaquah today, seeking “evidence that she was there and that could lead us to her, hopefully alive,” Gutt said. The Tiger Mountain search stemmed from “the same initial lead,” that led investigators to the sex offender, Fulghum said, adding that it wasn’t spurred by any statements from the man.

“It was different information that came up from looking at him,” Fulghum said. “But it wasn’t anything we found at the house or the van or that he told us to go do.”

No announcements or news conferences on the case have been scheduled today. Fulghum said the investigation is “back to legwork, running down new leads, still working on old ones.”

Tacoma Police will host a community meeting tomorrow to provide the latest information and answer questions about the case. It is set for 6 p.m. at the Peace Community Center, 2106 S. Cushman Ave.

Sean Robinson 253-597-8486

Sean.robinson@thenewstribune.com

I moved this thread to the discussion forum and deleted the really off topic posts. It's always ok to start a thread in the jury room to continue a discussion thats popped up during another discussion. Lets leave this thread for Zina and the search.

Meridian, I wondered if the father had enough time to do anything with Zina if he was involved somehow. I'll admit to thinking something bugged me about his story in the initial reports. I haven't stayed on top of the case so I don't know what to believe now.

I'm still praying for her safe return. I hope she's a fighter.
I'm likewise praying for her safe return. I just became aware of this young girl last night on the Nancy Grace show.

I also just heard that the father can't speak English and other family members have to interpret for him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back