LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to make a list of what is rumor and what is fact? We have to have some way to separate them, and so far it has been impossible to prevent the posting of rumors here.

Would seem helpful to me to sort them out. It's becoming incredibly hard for me to sleuth here without trying to sort out rumor from fact, and so a list seemed very helpful to me.

Have things to do and so not going to try anymore right now.

:banghead:

That would be useful. Plus I think I made a mistake a while ago over a post so I wish the report a post box was a little clearer. I saw no mention of reporting a link that shouldn't be posted, but had other reasons listed.

/And with my luck I probably shouldn't have posted this here, but I wanted anyone else that was confused to understand it also. But of course I could be the only one as I'm a dummy sometimes.

If he had hit her in such a way to cause her to die, i.e. an accident, I still think there would have been a crime scene, especially if he was drunk. And this is JMO, not a fact. Also, burning his truck is an extreme measure (if he did) to cover up an accident. And why wait until 5/31 to to do it? I don't think his truck was very damaged, since he did not do it at once. I think it was a matter of evidence inside the truck. JMO JMO

You read my thoughts exactly.

For some reason, I had kind of assumed the 5/28 check was a result of Mickey's case, but I guess it was just a routine check. Not that it really matters now, since they did not notice anything I guess, but it would be good to know if he was on the radar prior to phone tips coming in. I guess they probably had plenty of RSO's who lived much closer to Mickey who had to be cleared first.

I think it was someone who went to school with him that spoke of his past and possibly being questioned about incidences as a juvenile but we really don't know. It was just recent someone came on and said they were kin to BSL.

do you know the post number of said Kin that posted here? I've missed it.

Not that quick! It usually takes at least 24 hours! 72 to get REAL BAD!!!
"The rash usually appears 8 to 48 hours after your contact with the urushiol. But it can occur from 5 hours to 15 days after touching the plant "
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/tc/poison-ivy-oak-or-sumac-topic-overview

In my professional opinion... no way "poison ivy" prevented treatment.
UNLESS HE HAD BEEN EXPOSED DAYS EARLIER AND WAS ALREADY SUFFERING BEFORE HE GRABBED MICKEY...
maybe what he really had was a reaction to "mace"?

:rocker: Mace reaction!!! That's a wonderful thought!
JMO:

- I believe Mickey fought tremendously at the kidnapping.
- I believe due to BSLs injuries he couldn't physically throw Mickey or her bike far for disposal. I don't think he could use a shovel for digging for some time.
- I believe bsl was in uncomfortable pain shortly after the abduction.
- I believe the Daily Advertiser video has pics of bsl leaving Lafayette with injured Mickey and her bike.
- I believe he went home and bathed after the kidnapping to remove mace and/or blood....

Would the mace come off easily with bathing?
When bsl went to Oschners hospital in NOrleans, was his face etc red or irritated from mace yet?

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.
Prayers for the families. God bless them all.

If he had hit her in such a way to cause her to die, i.e. an accident, I still think there would have been a crime scene, especially if he was drunk. And this is JMO, not a fact. Also, burning his truck is an extreme measure (if he did) to cover up an accident. And why wait until 5/31 to to do it? I don't think his truck was very damaged, since he did not do it at once. I think it was a matter of evidence inside the truck. JMO JMO

I don't for a second buy any accident theory. The tape shows him stalking her. Why would he be going down that street?
Why would he be risking going out drinking 30 miles from home?
and how unlucky for him to accidently hit-- out of all other possible riders at 2 am on a Saturday night-- a beautiful young girl near a sorority on a desolate street.

Did the St. Landry's sherriff's office not notice that his hand was wounded and that he drove a Chevrolet Z71?
This should have been checked into further! after all he is a teir 3 sex offender!

I am a relative of BL. I know that his birth sister lives in Spring, TX, right next to Montgomery county. I also think that his birth mother lives in the area as well. Not sure if the police know about this or not. Not sure if they know he has had some contact with his birth family members, but I know that several months ago he was saying he was going to visit his real sister and mother.

I really want to know more about the evidence they have against him. So many people want answers including myself. I certainly believe he is capable of the crime, but I would like to know more evidence than what they have released, it all seems so circumstantial. I have considered calling the police and telling them about his relationship with his birth sister in the area if there is some sort of connection. I'm not sure why else he would have chose Montgomery county as the place to come and ditch the truck.

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

Don't lash out at me I'm not defending anybody just want to know more like everyone else. And i think the reason for the police withholding information is to try to keep the trial in Lafayette which in my opinion is ridicules because there is no chance in hell he would receive a fair trial there.

This is the first post by BSL supposed relative. It is post #94 on this thread.
Wonder if he truely submitted the form to become verified???

Our poster someguy did not post about BSL as a child.

One can find his posts by going to "Search this thread" at the top of this page, and entering the user's name in the user name field. If one checks the box "exact name" a list will come up as one types, if one is uncertain of the spelling, etc.

Our above named poster has 4 posts and they are all on this thread.

Here is a link to the posts
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5775431

My point is that it's pure conjecture that he was "trolling" for victims. LE has said something like he was "trolling," but they really haven't given good evidence. Sometimes drunk people drive all over the place, changing their mind about what to do next/where to go. He very well could have been upset with what was transpiring with his GF's family - and got drunk in Lafayette. To keep an open mind, I have to, as "backwoods" has also said, keep open the possibility that he was blitzed and hit her by mistake. After all, the bump happened at closing time for the bars.

Now what he did later is a different story. But I do see the possibility that this started as an accident - then he realized that it was unacceptable to him to go back through the justice system - and then his actions proceeded from there.

This is what I have been posting all along. I think this is what went down. It makes complete sense to me. The details of what happened after she was hit is a big mystery.

Did the St. Landry's sherriff's office not notice that his hand was wounded and that he drove a Chevrolet Z71?
This should have been checked into further! after all he is a teir 3 sex offender!

Maybe they were? The reality being he had a police report that stated he had injury to his hand. For all we know, since the truck theft/burning occured 3 days later, there was some conversation that revolved around the truck and MS. We really don't know exactly what 'verifying' consists of i.ei, did they look at the truck as opposed to just searching records and asking did he still own the Z71. It did not clarify in the article that the Det actually saw/inspected/verified that it was the same vehicle.

I think there are some missing pieces. I would think though, he would let the Det/office he must meet with every 3 months, know the Z71 was stolen. Or possibly, the report in TX fullfilled that obligation.

Kelly

If MS maced BL, she would have had time to run away but she didn't so either her leg was injured to where she could walk, or she was in a locked closed area....say like a truck with no door handles.

I'm thinking someone defending BL or someone at the county court house is leaking documents the DA is giving to the defence to a reporter. It was reported that the defence wants a change in venue so he has to be leaking info for it to be reported.

The medical stuff is only coming from the police report, and I suspect the rumor mill is adding on to it.

I wouldn't doubt it a bit if BL had a allergic reaction to mace. This of course is only my opinion and not based on fact.

I would bet that they did and LE just hasn't commented on it...LE had their eyes on him for some time, but for how long? We don't have that info yet.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8146584#post8146584"]LA **Mickey Shunick FACT CHECK NO DISCUSSION LIST ONLY** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This has probably been addressed on another thread, but the MSM reported that the PI Abdella identified two potential suspects. Has it been determined whether BSL was one of them?

9 days after Lafayette woman's disappearance, suspect met with sex detectives

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120714/NEWS01/120714001

LAFAYETTE -- Nine days after the disappearance of a Lafayette woman, the 33-year-old convicted sex abuser who has been charged with kidnapping and killing her went to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office to update his offender status.

"He was in good standing with us," Lt. Megan Vizena, a spokeswoman for the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office, said by phone Thursday. "Mr. Lavergne was required to come in every three months." (click link to continue)

Vizena said one of the detectives interviewed Lavergne on May 28, asking him questions about his vehicles, employment and residence. During the interviews, Vizena said, *detectives check a sex offender's driver's license to ensure it hasn't been modified in addition to checking for all vehicles registered with the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles and calling a sex offender's employer to verify employment.

*bolded by moi

...betcha he wore a shirt with a high collar that day...
Thanks for info.
Yes, I agree that bsl wore a high collar that day.

Did the St. Landry SO view BSLs new replacement drivers license since it was stolen in NOrleans on May 19 or was it the old one?

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon. God bless them all.

@ Twiggy -
*LOL* Me too! I'm only using my BB cell to access..and my "p" button is spotty (I never realized hoe often I used the letter "p" until now *lol*) *shrugs*...access issues last night were all cell access related (stupid phone! Can't wait to switch to iPhone)..and worse, I have a fully (hopefully, haven't tested since I got it back frm repair shop), but as those wires over there *points* need to be hooked up under there *points*..I've been waiting for a "good health day" to do it..me+crawling on floor under stuff to plug wires = doesn't happen (at least not yet *sighs*)

@Foxfire -
That was my point, sexual deviants turned to predators, do NOT go dormant, some just go uncaught (yet).

Other comments:
* The new truck purchase, I believe was June 4th? It's in one of the articles I mentioned.
* I initially found this case interesting, because of the similarity to one in Hawaii where a blonde college girl riding a bike had the same happen. That case the Guys in VW bug, swerved intentionally striking her back tired, put her in car, drove else where, secluded and raped and beat her almost to death, and she died after Finally reaching hospital help. So Sad. The freaky thing? This case aired on either the ID Channel or America's Most Wanted (old episode run) just a few short mths if that, before Mickey went missing. Unfortunately, the young woman in Hawaii was unarmed, and turn my stomach sickest part, she was seriously injured in the car to bike hit-grab accident, even before assaulted and then beaten w/the tire iron. Hence, I always figured the perp saw the episode, got the idea, owned a truck and *shrugs* recipe for sexual assault and murder.
* On my "timeline" I only referenced facts I had the source for, and the 'big stuff', like to me, driving Lafayette to Metairie to San Jacinto TX to Montgomery TX, I mean that's not just an an hour or 2 drives, those are big distances. (See my earlier statements about sexual predation, methodical, compartmentalizes)...add a brain, and that's scary, thank goodness that BSL is off the street (for now, hopefully for good and later placed under the jail --that special place for ppl that never should be in society/free gain, because they "can't" stop!!! They only wait until the spotlight is gone or the urges get too strong, and go right back and do it again, hence my serial rapist murder comment, I firmly believe he has been escalating for yrs and from 2008-2014 he was still committing sexual crimes).
* I also assume that due to Mickey's (or someone else's, because there are a few cases going in LA right now, that the spotlight fell on BSL originally, because of being a registered sex offender, and LE 1st look at them as suspects. I think that holes in his stories, timing, good LE detective work, and information hitting the electronic system rapidly enough that it came up during routine investigative searches, all contributed to that light getting brighter and brighter and someone in LE putting 2+2 together.

Seriously hate it takes me 4-ever to type/post anything..grr! Sorry if o/t by the time it this goes up!

Is it really a common sight -- college girls riding a bike alone at 2 am in Lafayette?

I ask because I live in a college town, and I don't think it is common here...

I'm not often out at 2AM so I am not sure.
However I do know that the other night I saw a female riding alone onto a major street from campus just after 11 PM.

The weather here is q little cooler in the evenings. On Fridays there is an event downtown called "Downtown Alive" with a live band. Sometimes people will go to that, an art walk, and then to a club. If a student doesn't have a car( or lives near/on campus and chooses not to keep a car on campus as parking is hard to find) they can walk to these events or ride a bike. The public transit
system leaves a lot to be desired. Students go out, they study late, and they bike between places. Lafayette is a sprawling city with strip malls and residences interspersed.

I do have an older friend who felt it safe to be out walking alone at 5 AM in the area who I told shortly before Mickeys abduction it probably was not a good idea.

There is a local Critical Mass group and Bike Lafayette.

Sadly, May 18th was Bike to Work day here and Bike to Work Week.

http://bicyclelafayette.blogspot.com/2012/04/bike-month-events-listing.html?m=1

May 1 City-Parish President Joey Durel has formally proclaimed May as “Bike Month”, May 14-18 as “Bike To Work Week,” and May 18 as “Bike To Work Day.” Please join us at 5:30 p.m. on May 1 in Lafayette Consolidated Government Council Auditorium for a public presentation of the proclamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305