GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

I don't want to offend anyone but here is my opinion......I don't think mentally challanged people should have children.This girl I read somewhere had the mind of a 13yo
13 year olds get bored with things very easily like a new video game or whatever but this is a baby , not a toy. And she certaintly should not have been living with a mentally challanged man without some daily supervision.IMO

Tina's Mom said on Ng she stands behind her daughter 100%. She thinks she was manipulated.

Sorry to hear that. My eyebrows are way too bushy and at my advanced age, I still have my hair.

I guess we're all different.

Oh gosh that came out all wrong. I was born a baldy kid, still have blonde eyebrows that can hardly be seen, every one tells me I need to have them dyed even though my hair is med brown. this is so off topic....

Shannon will develop her own beautiful hair at her own beautiful pace. A little angle who has endured so much too soon.

Oh gosh that came out all wrong. I was born a baldy kid, still have blonde eyebrows that can hardly be seen, every one tells me I need to have them dyed even though my hair is med brown. this is so off topic....

Shannon will develop her own beautiful hair at her own beautiful pace. A little angle who has endure so much too soon.

Not OT at all. I wish I had my picture scanned. I was bald at birth and have my 7-month picture. BIG head, chubby body (I was a 4lb 8 oz preemie and the doctor said to "fatten me up with extra sugar in my formula - 40's logic). I looked like a Bhudda.

Shannon looks a lot like I'm sure we did... with the exception that her eyes are close-set... as with her mom and her body is disproportionate to her head.

There might be some genetic situation there that she's inherited from her mother.

Let's hope and pray that little Shannon gets to live with the best relatives for her own good. I would like to know that her mother is a part of her life.

I'm thinking that the police are hearing two or more stories. One story is from SB... and I don't think her version will be too accurate. I know that she spread viscious lies or half-truths about the parents to CPS, the governor, and probably LE. Who knows what she did to mess with Shannon's mind if indeed she's mentally challenged.

Fact is, I'm hoping LE checks all the phone records to see if there was any communication between the two during this situation. SB could have been calling Tina and feeding her different scenarios.

Not OT at all. I wish I had my picture scanned. I was bald at birth and have my 7-month picture. BIG head, chubby body (I was a 4lb 8 oz preemie and the doctor said to "fatten me up with extra sugar in my formula - 40's logic). I looked like a Bhudda.

Shannon looks a lot like I'm sure we did... with the exception that her eyes are close-set... as with her mom and her body is disproportionate to her head.

There might be some genetic situation there that she's inherited from her mother.

Let's hope and pray that little Shannon gets to live with the best relatives for her own good. I would like to know that her mother is a part of her life.

I'm thinking that the police are hearing two or more stories. One story is from SB... and I don't think her version will be too accurate. I know that she spread viscious lies or half-truths about the parents to CPS, the governor, and probably LE. Who knows what she did to mess with Shannon's mind if indeed she's mentally challenged.

if therFact is, I'm hoping LE checks all the phone records to see e was any communication between the two during this situation. SB could have been calling Tina and feeding her different scenarios.

I think you are right. (BBM)

I was a bhudda baby too! LOL

I've been looking for this all day. Finally found it.
Florida DCF Grounds for Termination of Parental Rights:
http://library.adoption.com/articles/grounds-for-termination-of-parental-rights-florida.html
I think mother meets several of the criteria.
So, basically, she may have a mental illness or deficiency, which isn't reason to terminate.
But, due to the fact that DCF has issued them a case plan in the past, which they obviously did not choose to follow after the file was closed, she could lose her rights. If the department decides that she had the ability and opportunity to stop Shannon from being harmed, she could lose her rights.
Link also states that all the state is required to do in cases where they intend to immediately file to terminate is to provide the same services in the plan established until the termination. There is no plan in place, mother is entitled to nothing.

I have to know this to sleep. Shannon really did need to be rescued, and now I think she needs to be sent with other family, and she can see her mother at holidays in a supervised environment. Safe, but still in contact. Everybody wins.

I've been looking for this all day. Finally found it.
Florida DCF Grounds for Termination of Parental Rights:
http://library.adoption.com/articles/grounds-for-termination-of-parental-rights-florida.html
I think mother meets several of the criteria.
So, basically, she may have a mental illness or deficiency, which isn't reason to terminate.
But, due to the fact that DCF has issued them a case plan in the past, which they obviously did not choose to follow after the file was closed, she could lose her rights. If the department decides that she had the ability and opportunity to stop Shannon from being harmed, she could lose her rights.
Link also states that all the state is required to do in cases where they intend to immediately file to terminate is to provide the same services in the plan established until the termination. There is no plan in place, mother is entitled to nothing.

I have to know this to sleep. Shannon really did need to be rescued, and now I think she needs to be sent with other family, and she can see her mother at holidays in a supervised environment. Safe, but still in contact. Everybody wins.

I agree 100%

www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/nati...arance_of_Florida_Infant_Found_Alive_02610044

snipped

Baby Sitter, Mom Charged in Disappearance of Florida Infant Found Alive

The sheriff said Baker and Mercer both were charged with several felonies, including interfering with child custody, false report of a crime, false report of a missing child and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

Baker also was charged with neglect of a child with aggravating circumstances; Mercer faces additional child desertion charges.

www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/nati...arance_of_Florida_Infant_Found_Alive_02610044

snipped

Baby Sitter, Mom Charged in Disappearance of Florida Infant Found Alive

The sheriff said Baker and Mercer both were charged with several felonies, including interfering with child custody, false report of a crime, false report of a missing child and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

Baker also was charged with neglect of a child with aggravating circumstances; Mercer faces additional child desertion charges.

I hope they throw the book at Baker.... I hope she gets 200 yrs and no time served this time... Wonder what the maxes are on all her charges??

I hope she isn't out like in 10 yrs or less on being such a grand inmate... Doing para eagle work for other inmates and all ... or giving parent classes.. :loser:

I am just sick to think of what SB could of told momTm..... MomTM no doubt is confused.. SB could of told her so many bad stories to get momTM to go along with her.. I am not saying momTM is not wrong in what she did but really.. I hope she gets a little time maybe 80 days and then gets help from her family to put her in some kind of medical treatment to help her.. I don't feel this would of happened at all if not for SB.,.....

But , I don't think momTM has any business with a child ever again tho.. NEVER....

Not all that rare! I have pictures of me at 7 months old and bald as a billard ball. My mother feared I'd never grow any hair. I grew in some very great hair, nice and thick.

Same with my daughter. She didn't really have any hair until about a year...plus it was so blonde she looked like she had no eyebrows or lashes. Now she have very thick curly hair so I don't think it's unusual either.

Does anyone know where the husbands to these woman were during all of this? I am having a hard time understanding why they are not charged with anything?

Back to the bumpers in the box (I know, old news) I just thought of something. They tell you not to use bumpers in cribs because of the risk of SIDS and/or suffocation. It makes me wonder if putting Shannon into a tiny box like that with bumpers, if SB was hoping that the baby would smother herself on the bumpers, especially with having so little room to move.

Also both my kids were bald as can be at 7 months. I think that's the age when they actually had the least amount of hair. Shannon looks a lot like her mom IMO, just much cuter.

Hi all good morning. First of all reference DCF (I worked for them as a private subcontracted provider for ten years), the bar is higher as far as termination of parental rights or even sheltering a child is the parent is mentally challenged. The State has to prove that all attempts were made in order to keep the family together and go the extra mile as far as these families. I have had several cases where extended time and care was involved. Secondly, reference the charges, I know Glenn Hess (DA) and am very good friends with his primary investigator Dave. There will be NO stone unturned references prosecuting this case. These men are slow, methodical and brilliant. Particularly Dave he is one of the most awesome investigators I have ever met and he will snatch on this case like a pit bull w/a steak. They will spend a long time in jail.
IMO Dawn

Back to the bumpers in the box (I know, old news) I just thought of something. They tell you not to use bumpers in cribs because of the risk of SIDS and/or suffocation. It makes me wonder if putting Shannon into a tiny box like that with bumpers, if SB was hoping that the baby would smother herself on the bumpers, especially with having so little room to move.

Makes you wonder if SB put her own stepson inside a cedar chest so many years ago, you know... to quiet him up... and he soffocated...

:waitasec:

Hi all good morning. First of all reference DCF (I worked for them as a private subcontracted provider for ten years), the bar is higher as far as termination of parental rights or even sheltering a child is the parent is mentally challenged. The State has to prove that all attempts were made in order to keep the family together and go the extra mile as far as these families. I have had several cases where extended time and care was involved. Secondly, reference the charges, I know Glenn Hess (DA) and am very good friends with his primary investigator Dave. There will be NO stone unturned references prosecuting this case. These men are slow, methodical and brilliant. Particularly Dave he is one of the most awesome investigators I have ever met and he will snatch on this case like a pit bull w/a steak. They will spend a long time in jail.
IMO Dawn

Good to know that there is someone who is worth their salt working the case (at a higher up level).
I think reasonable effort has been proven in this case. I fully anticipate reading with great joy that her rights to Shannon have been terminated.

I hope they throw the book at Baker.... I hope she gets 200 yrs and no time served this time... Wonder what the maxes are on all her charges??

I hope she isn't out like in 10 yrs or less on being such a grand inmate... Doing para eagle work for other inmates and all ... or giving parent classes.. :loser:

I hope they throw the book at Baker.... I hope she gets 200 yrs and no time served this time... Wonder what the maxes are on all her charges?? I hope she isn't out like in 10 yrs or less on being such a grand inmate... Doing para eagle work for other inmates and all ... or giving parent classes.. :loser:

We can hope, but the fact is that there isn't so much as a scratch on Shannon, and she had to have been fed at least fairly regularly while she was being hidden by SB, or she'd have been in no condition to be at the press conference, even after a couple of hours of medical attention.

Contrast this to SB's past criminal child abuse history, in which she was convicted of "assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature" on a little girl in her care, leaving the girl with broken bones among other injuries, and SB served a whopping 80 days in the slammer, even though she was also a prime suspect in the disappearance of the victim's 3 year old brother.

Our "justice" system is SO messed up. :mad:

This is my first post here so I hope I am doing it right lol! I just wanted yall to know WS have been just amazing finding out things n such. I don't know if it will do any good, but I just emailed Greta Vansustren about how EastCoast and Cleo contacted LE putting the two cases together n such, and I told Greta I believe they are the ones deserving of the REWARD. I asked Greta to look into the matter as ofcourse it is possible we do not know all the lil details of how the whole thing went down.
I've been lurking the threads since this all began and again just want to say AMAZING SLEUTHING!!!!
BIG (((((HUGS)))))

IMO Dawn

This is music to my ears to read this... Thank you.. But, I do have questions about momTM .. But SB no the book can come flying to her..

Noted: Funny about the pit bull comment as My pit bull w/ a steak, cookie, treat, chili, etcc.. is snatchy.. lol oh but so cute at 165 pounds of pure baby love ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back