NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only family members I've been able to identify so far have been dad, brother Byron, and grandmother (I think she was the one who had someone wiping her tears for her?). Not sure if that was Cheyenne with BL - it was from the back and her hair seemed too long to me. Not sure who it was.

ETA: grandmother = AD's mom

I'm sorry, no disrespect at all to any of the posters here. I don't understand how comparing the parents different homes, show anything about who they are. Maybe if it was photos of their lifestyles it would make sense to me.

Old rich men/women, young rich men/women, young poor men/women, old poor men/women - there are people from each category convicted of raping and murdering children. Do I need to locate them and post links?

How much money a person has is not going to effect if they are murderers or rapists. People kill and rape because they want to.

Good mothers don't care about how much money they have to be good mothers. They are good mothers because they care about their children's well-being.

The homes of these two could have been switched and the crime still would have happened.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but I don't get the value everyone is putting on the homes of AD and Brad live in. If I could just go around accusing people of being bad parents because they live in trashy trailers...

I am just more curious about the goings on that led up to the crime. IE Shaniya being pulled from school. That would be a huge red flag to me that something was wrong. Seeing the trailer would not be a red flag to me.

The only family members I've been able to identify so far have been dad, brother Byron, and grandmother (I think she was the one who had someone wiping her tears for her?). Not sure if that was Cheyenne with BL - it was from the back and her hair seemed too long to me. Not sure who it was.

ETA: grandmother = AD's mom

I too, thought it was the girlfriend at first. But for some reason I changed my opinion..

The church is packed.
They are running a slideshow of photos of her on the big screen, and the music is very very pretty.
It is pretty much standing room only and the ushers are circulating with boxes of Kleenex.
The atmosphere so far is subdued and respectful.
Her father just came in, in his dark shades, with his girlfriend (I assume.)
The children in attendance are really ripping my heart out. They know what happened, but they don't understand.
I am restraining myself. Trying to understand the reasoning behind the huge picture of Shaniya in her "I LOVE DADDY" tee-shirt.
Seating now.
Micheal Fletcher, senior pastor.
Speaking of the shock bringing life to a halt.
Presiding is Rev, Johnny Davis.
2 others whose names I missed.
Scripture. Thanking the church for allowing them to hold th service.
Calling it a home-going celebration, per "Brother Lockhart."
VERY spiritual service.
Singing. Full male choir in attendance. I don't know their names, I apologize.

my bold.

I'm sure lil Shaniya LOVED her DADDY

Sorry, but...it's in very poor taste to have posted what I bolded in your post.
Can't we just focus on this lil angel today...especially just today.

God Bless you Shaniya...my thoughts and prayers are with YOU today

Does anyone have decent audio? It's always like this with WRAL videos online. They should be embarrassed as media professionals. Kids on youtube do better than this coverage.

Does anyone have decent audio? It's always like this with WRAL videos online. They should be embarrassed as media professionals. Kids on youtube do better than this coverage.

Surprisingly, mine is pretty good.

i wish they would pan the crowd more, so we can see who is there.
That little older gentleman has a heck of a voice on him.
People on their feet arms raised, truly a good atmosphere so far.
Beautiful memorial painting of SHaniya as an angel.
Speaking of the need for people o depend on God for help and comfort.
Reiterating the need for prayer.
Reading from 5th chapter of Corinthians. (I think.)
Change of speaker, moving into prayer.
These are men that have been tested in their faith by this, you can just tell.
Pastor asking for forgiveness for mistakes and things that they have done that have displeased God.
Huge showers of flowers on the closed casket.

Gonna watch it fullscreen. I'll be back later.

Zooming on the baby's casket... It's painful.

o lord that little coffin. im a mess right now. why is life like this? why do we live in a world where our little ones are being treated so heinously by the ones that are entrusted to love and protect them. this is too damn heartbreaking!

Okay. I'm signing out. I hope someone records this so I can see it later. But on such a beautiful afternoon I feel the best way I can honor a little child's senseless death is to spend some time with my own children instead of staring at this computer screen. Bless you, little Shaniya...

Surprisingly, mine is pretty good.

Is there any audio adjustment on the site itself? I can barely hear anything on the site. I can make it out but it's very faint. I don't see a place to change volume.

I can't get the video, it's saying can't detect media plug-in, which I run, and then nothing.....so frustrating

Can anyone help?

Childrens choir up now.

I only mentioned that particular photo as it was out of place with the other photos shown before it and after it. Not as a slam.
It just seemed out of place, since most of the photos they showed were recent, or candid shots with her family...
Sorry, if you interpreted disrespect, none was meant.
But when you bold a statement you find offensive, it makes it really hard to edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph