GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what's confusing. "She was last seen wearing", but by whom? Her husband says she wasn't home when he got back from his walk and the eye witness isn't completely sure he saw Sherry.

I agree....confusing. Even if the witness was sure he saw her, the outfit description is all dark clothing, and it was dark out. To be honest I went out to get the mail today, stood and had a conversation with my neighbor and can't remember for the life of me what she was wearing, and it was light out. The only thing is what some people have suggested - that maybe she had a habit of wearing a particular outfit when she went out jogging, and that those clothes are unaccounted for now, but it seems wrong to say "last seen wearing" if nobody actually saw her or can be 100% certain that they saw her.

That's what's confusing. "She was last seen wearing", but by whom? Her husband says she wasn't home when he got back from his walk and the eye witness isn't completely sure he saw Sherry.

Maybe a combination of:

*she usually wore those outer garments when running in the winter

*the witness described a runner wearing those garments

*those garments are missing from her home

Doesn't seem so unlikely to me that her outfit was known. (all of the above is speculation, just to be clear)

It could just be poor reporting and no one has actually said "I saw Sherry wearing...". Otherwise, I agree that it shouldn't be worded that way if it's just an assumption based on what's missing from the house and what she normally wears to jog.

I agree....confusing. Even if the witness was sure he saw her, the outfit description is all dark clothing, and it was dark out. To be honest I went out to get the mail today, stood and had a conversation with my neighbor and can't remember for the life of me what she was wearing, and it was light out. The only thing is what some people have suggested - that maybe she had a habit of wearing a particular outfit when she went out jogging, and that those clothes are unaccounted for now, but it seems wrong to say "last seen wearing" if nobody actually saw her or can be 100% certain that they saw her.

Exactly. My husband and daughter run in the mornings. I would be able to describe the running shoes to a "T," but I probably could not give an exact description of their clothing if I had not seen them directly in the morning. I could probably rule out a lot of clothes by process of elimination for my husband, but I would feel really uncomfortable giving a "guesstimation" description in that case. Unless the police just pressed for it, I suppose. :waitasec:

It could just be poor reporting and no one has actually said "I saw Sherry wearing...". Otherwise, I agree that it shouldn't be worded that way if it's just an assumption based on what's missing from the house and what she normally wears to jog.

Very possibly poor reporting. Every article I read still says she was last seen leaving her home to go for a jog @ 6:30 Saturday morning, but we know since her husband spoke that that it incorrect, since it seems noone actually saw her leave the house. Which, come to think of it, makes me now wonder how they know she left @ 6:30 at all. Her husband said she didn't have a standing route, and the witness that saw her around that time isn't certain it was her. Couldn't she have maybe left the house earlier, then?

Very possibly poor reporting. Every article I read still says she was last seen leaving her home to go for a jog @ 6:30 Saturday morning, but we know since her husband spoke, that it incorrect, since it seems noone actually saw her leave the house. Which, come to think of it, makes me now wonder how they know she left @ 6:30 at all. Her husband said she didn't have a standing route, and the witness that saw her around that time isn't certain it was her. Couldn't she have maybe left the house earlier, then?

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. She may have left the house earlier that morning or the night before. That's why I want to know the last time anyone saw her other than her husband.

My mother died in hospice several months ago while I was holding her hand. I had been instructed to ring for the nurse if she stopped breathing but I was so overwhelmed, that went completely out of my head and I just sat there for about ten minutes holding her hand.

Her doctor came in and asked "how is Mrs {lastname} this morning?" and I said "she's dead."

The doctor looked absolutely stunned and I gave a nervous giggle. I didn't feel like laughing and I certainly wasn't laughing at him. I was just so overwhelmed that my nervous laugh escaped. It was just a reflex.

I'm glad the doctor didn't seem to take offence or find it abnormal in any way.

Sorry about your mother. When my mom was ill it was a long way from where I lived. While out there, she passed away. When I returned, someone I hadn't seen in a while asked how she was. I laughed and said "she's dead".
The poor lady was mortified.
Of course it wasn't funny, but I do know what you mean.

I wonder if there are any businesses with outdoor surveillance cameras along the truck route Sherry is alleged to have been jogging.

Forgive if this was asked before, trying to catch up - my question is about the shoe found; was the lace still knotted?

Forgive if this was asked before, trying to catch up - my question is about the shoe found; was the lace still knotted?

Don't know, unfortunately. LE only released a picture of the sole, and no other info or pictures.......

I don't believe we know if the laces were tied or not on the shoe.

Totally O/T, but OldSteve, did you steal my cat? LOL My cat looks exactly like your profile pic!

This seems to be a cat lovers thread. I hope the dog lovers out there know they are welcome to chime in as well!

I saw this too, but it is only mentioned this one time in the student paper. I have found Lonnie Lyttle's account of his possible sighting in tons of articles, and this is the ONLY one that mentions anything about said car. I looked for another source to confirm it and came up empty.

Lonnie saw quite a bit...?

Leads me to believe LL is embellishing or ??? is somehow involved.

Or I guess it's possible that the article that mentions Lonnie supposedly seeing a car hovering could have added that based on a rumor of some sort? It is an article in the student paper, and he is not directly quoted. That coupled with the fact that I couldn't find mention of it anywhere else (and believe me I tried) makes me think it may have been a rumor that they printed as if it was a fact.

I saw this too, but it is only mentioned this one time in the student paper. I have found Lonnie Lyttle's account of his possible sighting in tons of articles, and this is the ONLY one that mentions anything about said car. I looked for another source to confirm it and came up empty.

Agreed. The SOP article is just regurgitating other stories (and isn't particularly well written to begin with), so I'm pretty sure the author somehow misunderstood LL's story that *he* was driving slowly in a car when SA (he thinks) ran past him.

This seems to be a cat lovers thread. I hope the dog lovers out there know they are welcome to chime in as well!
I love cats, and dogs, and most any furry creatures. I have two cats, one dog, and one lizard (not furry (-: )
So I soooo appreciate dog and cat pix, avatars, stories. Keep them coming!
JMO
:wolf2::cat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads