Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I sit this afternoon trying to get some work done and out of no where a visual popped into my head!

I think Jose efforts to be "somebody" and promote himself will crash and burn. He may even start being called "Boomerang Josez'....

Can't you just see him sitting there singing.." My boomerang won't come back - my boomerang won't come back, I waved the thing all over the place, cracked it until I was blue in the face...Lalala I'm a big disgrace cause my boomerang won't come back :floorlaugh:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/14/ddhln.01.html

When Baez says Casey is not the selfish type of narcissistic person that a lot of people think she is and was grateful to those that helped her and helped save her life

Well Duuuuuuuh....she was in jail, first charged with child neglect then with murder...she needed them and all the lawyers Baez was able to get on his team...She should be grateful.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/14/ddhln.01.html

When Baez says Casey is not the selfish type of narcissistic person that a lot of people think she is and was grateful to those that helped her and helped save her life

Well Duuuuuuuh....she was in jail, first charged with child neglect then with murder...she needed them and all the lawyers Baez was able to get on his team...She should be grateful.

BBM - totally laugh at that considering the wife of the Pastor who was hiding her after her relief basically confirmed what "a lot of people" thought she was

Here I sit this afternoon trying to get some work done and out of no where a visual popped into my head!

I think Jose efforts to be "somebody" and promote himself will crash and burn. He may even start being called "Boomerang Josez'....

Can't you just see him sitting there singing.." My boomerang won't come back - my boomerang won't come back, I waved the thing all over the place, cracked it until I was blue in the face...Lalala I'm a big disgrace cause my boomerang won't come back :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

Your "special" boomerang is in the sidebar!

2H with him. Someone needs to tell him that his 15 minutes ran out. I am somewhat in awe that he is still booked on shows - He got a Murderer off. What's up with that? How could that ever be a good thing?

Okie what gets me is people that defend people who murder. For the life of me I can't wrap my mind around it, UNLESS!! They have a morbid fascination with people who kill. It's like they want to be known as the one and only one who believed their story. All I can say is walk a mile in my shoes, then see if you feel the same.

Okie what gets me is people that defend people who murder. For the life of me I can't wrap my mind around it, UNLESS!! They have a morbid fascination with people who kill. It's like they want to be known as the one and only one who believed their story. All I can say is walk a mile in my shoes, then see if you feel the same.

He sure stepped around the question of what about he personally would feel. Since he and his wife had a new baby during the trial - he forgot to mention how he would feel if something like that happened to his child. He brushed it off by saying wel we aren't like those people - meaning the Anthony's. Uh huh...Murder only happens to people "like the Anthony's".

When he spouts such rubbish does he really think anyone will buy his book. He forgets there are thousands and thousands of people out there who read more and absorbed far more of the depos and evidence than he ever did!

Hey - I forgot to ask! When Baez was first introduced - I was mesmerized by .....his hairline at the front and centre. :waitasec:

Did it look...quite a bit ...ermm....fuller than before back "when"? :what:

I understand how you feel.

I really think that reputable lawyers are not about trying to get a murderer off - I think they generally love the law - and are there to make sure that the defendant is presumed innocent - and that they get a fair trial - and that the proecution proves its case.

Of course then we have the less than reputable ones :banghead:

JMO.

Right off the bat this line had me rolling in tears.....

But what is more exciting tonight is he is taking your calls. Link above thread in Intermezzo's post.

What that line reminded me of...

That xfinity commercial where the man is blathering on about talking to his wife's sister and we find out the person on the other line is a pizza delivery service. Trying to find it for you.

Point is.....JB would tak to anyone that would give him the time.

I understand how you feel.

I really think that reputable lawyers are not about trying to get a murderer off - I think they generally love the law - and are there to make sure that the defendant is presumed innocent - and that they get a fair trial - and that the proecution proves its case.

Of course then we have the less than reputable ones :banghead:

JMO.

I would love to read some reviews of this case by reputable defense attorneys and hear what they think about JB and teams' tactics. Will this be used as a case to dissect amongst law students?

I would love to read some reviews of this case by reputable defense attorneys and hear what they think about JB and teams' tactics. Will this be used as a case to dissect amongst law students?

BBM. That makes two of us!

Hey - I forgot to ask! When Baez was first introduced - I was mesmerized by .....his hairline at the front and centre. :waitasec:

What are you talking about? Are you just saying he lost some hair?

I did not watch it but I reviewed the transcript...

Quotes in black....Me in red...

Dr. Drew: I`ve been watching you guys sound off online for so long, with lots of opinions
Really…you watch sounds? You are more talented than you led on.

Dr. Drew: Tell me something in the book that`s going to be surprising to people.
The truth???

Jose Baez: What`s going to shock you is how much you don`t know about the Casey Anthony case.
Like…..where you bought your pocket squares?

There`s certain pieces of evidence that never made it to trial, never made it into discovery, that I think were significantDiscovery? Really??? What key pieces would have been missing? An Admission perhaps?

And for various reasons, a lot was not made public
Hmmmmm……..despite the sunshine state laws…you kept things from the public?

Jose Baez: unless there is evidence of someone fleeing or consciousness of guilt, all of that stuff is irrelevant.
So…..hiding from her family for 31 days was not considered fleeing?

And, you know, we put on evidence that is circumstantial evidence that I felt a jury could believe or not believe of sexual abuse. Now, let me give you a couple examples of that.
No need to add.

what really stunned me was when she went down to Universal Studios –
But JB she hadn’t retained you yet right??

EIGLARSH: OK. First of all, Jose, if he starts to get nauseous, he likes Pepto.

Jose Baez: And when you`ve got 280 people who are wrongfully convicted just by the Innocence Project, alone, no one`s out there being outraged by those injustices
So…according to JB…the Innocence Project convicted 280 people??

BAEZ: So you`ll go against what you think just so you don`t look bad?
PINSKY: Just to satisfy a few of our viewers.

Well, the night that we got Casey out of jail, we had six helicopters following us, and to lose them was -- it was like an episode of "Mission Impossible." And I go into that in great detail and show how we lost the six helicopters and the media trucks that were following us and just the hundreds of people that were after us.
Between JB’s talk of copters during jury selection and this quote…I am convinced Helicopter” is a paid keyword for JB….

BAEZ: Conversations we had. You have to remember something. No one was in the position that I was in. This is really the only inside story because I was -- I got hired before this case ever became what it became in the media.
And so he officially claims responsibility for the media coverage. Just like a true narcissist.

it was somewhat therapeutic where I got to express myself and throw it all out there and not be --
Kind of like throwing out defense theories……spaghetti and all.

Not sure if it was that or if the temple spike peeks are extending - you know like Pinocchio's nose!

:liar::angel:

Er....no....he seems to have gained quite a bit...:what: Do you suppose Johnny Appleseed wandered by?

Okay, so I got an advance copy of the book and here is the big secret Logical - him and the probationer have been using this new device to avoid public detection.

Don't tell I leaked photo from the secret identity detection device! shhhhhh- our little secret, kk?

http://www.funnychill.com/files/funny-pictures/face-pump.jpg

(Obviously all parody!)

i've not been here for awhile... OMG he wrote a book? wth i couldn't understand half of what he said thru trial and enjoyed when he didn't say anything at all...

LG said- "I thought one of his most ridiculous statements was the one he made when LE was first interviewing her before she was charged. He and Dr. Drew were talking about mental conditions so Baez said it should have been obvious FCA was not the common type of person who committed crimes - not a hardened criminal or a drug addict - so they should have found a counsellor to talk to this young complulsive liar, cheque fraud and child murdering person. "

Actually, I found that statement more revealing than ridiculous. What I hear in it is JB saying that had LE turned FCA over to mental health professionals that day, FCA might have confessed. (I don't believe she would have, BTW).

Also of interest in the transcript... JB saying that most murderers don't really WANT to murder, they just.....do. IMO, another backdoor way of admitting FCA's guilt.

Last...JB says much, and self-righteously, about how the case shouldn't have been about FCA's behavior, that her behavior was irrelevant.

If that is so, why exactly is so much of his book apparently going to be about trying to rationalize her behavior by detailing what allegedly went on in the Anthony household?

Beautiful post! In honesty, I do not think JA was ever duped by any of them, but how could he possibly go after grandparents in a court of law in this situation? He isn't a stupid man, but he also cannot come out and degrade them. The P 12 supposedly didn't know much of what happened, how would it look to them if the SA came on full boar against the Grandparents when their goal was FCA? This wasn't his baby to rock in it's entirety-This was LDB case and he was asked to come on board. I have nothing against LDB at all, but I think we would have seen a much different outcome if JA held the reins on this one. JB had a lot of dealings with this family and I'm sure he has some pretty strange and probably true stories to tell about them, but...he also was right in there with them until his wall of protection went up on his client and the parents were prevented from visiting, but here again, after that fact, he was still around them, right in the thick of it.

His book will serve no purpose. He has nerve to call out the media, but wasn't he the one who participated fully in some media based shows instead of keeping his mouth shut? Got nobody to blame, but himself. Imo, he collected all kinds of information because he saw a book deal in his future. And yes, he also could be bearding for FCA on this as well. He also could be doing this to somehow save his backside from some things that may have gone on. Epic Fail.

Thanks for the new slant. I was so outraged and revolted by the verdict that I couldn't bear to read much about it here afterward. After watching JB on Dr. Drew's show, it looks as if I was also wrong in my prediction that JB won't criticize the A's in his book.

I don't care if he does attack them, but I do strongly object to the fact that -- in the name of defending a client -- defense attorneys are allowed to publicly defame, slander, and/or incriminate anyone they want to on the flimsiest of excuses without being subject to a lawsuit from the victims. It seems to me it would be much fairer if attorneys were only allowed to do that with impunity in a court of law and in court documents. Ditto for prosecuting attorneys, for that matter.

The OCA trial has ended, and it seems only fair that Baez's defense-attorney-privilege of slandering others without danger of being sued should have ended when the trial ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998