GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #4

QUESTION
What does everyone think is the reason for the state to want JB not having contact with AL?

Im curious if hes getting buddy buddy with him. Thoughts?

I've briefly thought about this. My first reaction was maybe afraid of physical contact or confrontaton, (EB) but now I'm wondering how much JB and AL did buddy around and how well they knew each other. I hope JB kept his nose clean....he was apparently "in trouble" before and now has a caring wife and kids.

imo

ETA: Whoops! Time to get the granny glasses out. I thought you meant EB!!

I contacted this reporter over the apparent change in the motions, but haven't heard anything back. The original motion did state between AL and EB. If he tried to correct the article and added JB, then I think he's misinterpreting it. Its between EB and JB....imo--- and prolly stemmed from the confrontation at the courthouse.

JMO

Thanks hollyblue for clarifying this......I found earlier today a motion filed on Oct 4 2010 that makes sense why there is a no contact between EB and JB.

#'s 1,2,3

Link:

http://www.kscourts.org/State-v-longoria/Plaintiff/Response-Motion017.pdf

Thanks hollyblue for clarifying this......I found earlier today a motion filed on Oct 4 2010 that makes sense why there is a no contact between EB and JB.

#'s 1,2,3

Link:

http://www.kscourts.org/State-v-longoria/Plaintiff/Response-Motion017.pdf

I'm confused now. This order under #3 says it would be impossible to separate all the witnesses and keep them from conversing so the State objected to that part of the order, but the last motion (on the 30th) ordering them not to have ANY contact whatsoever tells me there is a reason more specific for it. ???

Okay is this Right or have I misunderstood the no contact order? I would like to clarify this motion filed on Nov 18 th to mean that there is to be NO contact between EB and JB. NOT between them and AL.

So you are right hollyblue something had to have happened to exclude EB and JB from the Oct 4 motion.!!!!!

Now I wish these Reporters would get it straight.

Okay is this Right or have I misunderstood the no contact order? I would like to clarify this motion filed on Nov 18 th to mean that there is to be NO contact between EB and JB. NOT between them and AL.

So you are right hollyblue something had to have happened to exclude EB and JB from the Oct 4 motion.!!!!!

Now I wish these Reporters would get it straight.

Right...and agree, but the court made a bad in originally typing the order and then they changed it. Remember...I thought I had a very senior moment and read/comprehended it wrong...but whoever typed the order goofed. LOL

Right...and agree, but the court made a bad in originally typing the order and then they changed it. Remember...I thought I had a very senior moment and read/comprehended it wrong...but whoever typed the order goofed. LOL

Ok you 2 have me confused as can be. The article I posted said EB and JB couldnt have contact with AL.Which to me makes perfect sense. EB and JB not having contact with each other makes no sense at all considering they are family. Please explain.

Ok you 2 have me confused as can be. The article I posted said EB and JB couldnt have contact with AL.Which to me makes perfect sense. EB and JB not having contact with each other makes no sense at all considering they are family. Please explain.

I think the motion means: contact between EB & JB as it is written. Not between EB, JB and AL. As EB and JB are both witness in the case, and (just my opinion) the confrontation in the court house that day of a male (JB??) yelling at her and saying she lied.....leads me to think it was specifically made a motion for the two not to have contact. Since there would seem to be a conflict of stories...with one calling the other a liar.....I'm sure the prosecution does not want them getting together to discuss it any further. I'm just guessing at this....but it seems logical to me....lol not saying much there.....but it could be to keep them physically away from each other also. That's my perception....anyway???

SB's FB went private....soon after, iirc. I keep thinking and wondering if she still has the children....or where are they and how are they doing. EB seems to be a mess. Just horrible how one man can cause so much harm to so many.........GRrrrr!

I am beyond frustrated with the conflicting information also, and I find it very strange that this case is not in our local news more! We subscribe to the Hutchinson Paper and the Wichita Eagle, the largest & most read papers serving the GB & central KS area.

I did make it to GB last weekend, but things were too crazy with preparing for my parents move that I didn't have spare (alone) time to drive the routes & obtain pics. I am going back Thursday to shampoo carpets for my parents, and I will complete this project before heading over there.

In looking at the addresses on the map in correlation with Love's, here is my opinion...

AL is only a few blocks (I believe I counted 6) from AD. These roads are all residential, so time would be a couple minutes, at most. From there, he forced her to do horrible things in the SUV, and then when he was done he realized he messed up big time and would likely get caught. I believe he was intoxicated with either alcohol or drugs. There is only 1 Love's in GB, and it's the total OPPOSITE direction of the Venture plant. But, it was close to where AL lived, so I assume that's why he went there. Who knows. I think she was duct taped in the back of the SUV, and he did that to keep her down and out of sight/ear shot of other people at the gas station. Perhaps he also covered her with something (blanket, clothes, who knows) to keep her hidden also. This gas station is fairly busy, but it's also not uncommon for it to be very slow at that time of night. I drive by it every single time I go to my parents, both on the way there and the way home.

I think it was after 12:10 at the gas station that he then drove to Venture plant, and burned her. I pray that she wasn't alive when she was burned but, I am starting to believe she was still alive. My theory, she knew she was going to die when he duct taped her and she somehow managed to grab ahold of a piece of her jewelry to comfort herself. I don't believe it's been said what she was holding, but perhaps it was a cross or something a family member (mom, sister, dad) gave her and it she was praying for her life. He set her on fire, watched her die, tossed the can out the window, rushed home & tried like heck to dispose of the evidence.

I think EB should be charged with tampering of evidence and concealing a crime. She had to have known what was going on, maybe not right away, but I cannot believe she would not connect the events of him coming home smelling of gas & a Venture plant employee finding her burned body.

^^^ITA ^^^
I also think she was likely alive when he burned her. In one of the articles I read where her arms and legs were drwn up in a fetal position. I think from pain. I think hes sadistic and thats why she was on her back. I think he wanted to watch her face.

The jewelry i havent came to a conclusion. It could be something for comfort. I d like to think maybe she had enough where with all to grab a neclace off him or out of the car as a clue for LE. That being said its pretty obvious I think she knew she was going to be killed or at least hurt very badly.

With the gallon jug being thrown across the cemetary fence and the fake text to ADs phone calling off the "party", getting the friend tt say he was at the bar, washing his clothes, bleaching shoes, getting rid of his pants he was trying to cover his behind from the get go.

EBs involvement is a mystery to me. Id like to think getting rid of the shirt was all she had to do with it but her timeline just doesnt fit. There is no way He was back changing out of gas coated clothes 15 minutes after picking up AD. I think he HAS a strong hold on her. It wouldnt suprise me if he didnt involve her in this more than we know. Time will tell. I d like to see the Loves video servalance tape to see what AL was wearing when he purchased the gas. I think that will be all telling on EBs part. I just think if he changed clothes that soon the shorts and tank top would be the get rid of clothes. If he was home at 11:15 it was for a whole different reason. Just not buying it. JMO

I am beyond frustrated with the conflicting information also, and I find it very strange that this case is not in our local news more! We subscribe to the Hutchinson Paper and the Wichita Eagle, the largest & most read papers serving the GB & central KS area.

I did make it to GB last weekend, but things were too crazy with preparing for my parents move that I didn't have spare (alone) time to drive the routes & obtain pics. I am going back Thursday to shampoo carpets for my parents, and I will complete this project before heading over there.

In looking at the addresses on the map in correlation with Love's, here is my opinion...

AL is only a few blocks (I believe I counted 6) from AD. These roads are all residential, so time would be a couple minutes, at most. From there, he forced her to do horrible things in the SUV, and then when he was done he realized he messed up big time and would likely get caught. I believe he was intoxicated with either alcohol or drugs. There is only 1 Love's in GB, and it's the total OPPOSITE direction of the Venture plant. But, it was close to where AL lived, so I assume that's why he went there. Who knows. I think she was duct taped in the back of the SUV, and he did that to keep her down and out of sight/ear shot of other people at the gas station. Perhaps he also covered her with something (blanket, clothes, who knows) to keep her hidden also. This gas station is fairly busy, but it's also not uncommon for it to be very slow at that time of night. I drive by it every single time I go to my parents, both on the way there and the way home.

I think it was after 12:10 at the gas station that he then drove to Venture plant, and burned her. I pray that she wasn't alive when she was burned but, I am starting to believe she was still alive. My theory, she knew she was going to die when he duct taped her and she somehow managed to grab ahold of a piece of her jewelry to comfort herself. I don't believe it's been said what she was holding, but perhaps it was a cross or something a family member (mom, sister, dad) gave her and it she was praying for her life. He set her on fire, watched her die, tossed the can out the window, rushed home & tried like heck to dispose of the evidence.

I think EB should be charged with tampering of evidence and concealing a crime. She had to have known what was going on, maybe not right away, but I cannot believe she would not connect the events of him coming home smelling of gas & a Venture plant employee finding her burned body.

Looks feasible to me. I dont' think the 12:35 time for him getting home is true....it had to be later.

What stumps me is the meeting of a friend at Love's that the family spoke of before she was found. Where did this come from? Did it come from AD telling them that or was it something they heard from someone else...rumors. Did AD text someone that she was doing that? Curious to know where this spawned?

The act of him pouring gas on her and then setting her on fire....I can't wrap my thoughts around. If true, they should make him drink some gas, douse his hands and WICK only and then light the WICK. "Can't touch that." Make the punishment match the crime.

Something smells so fishy to me.... I cannot help but wonder if the girlfriend is not in this up to her eyeballs.... The fact he texted AD and asked if she is still mad, I think he put the moves on her, but did not follow through at some point recently. I think she resisted and he may have apologized, and she accepted his apology sort of. I think he knew exactly what he was going to do that night, I really do. I think he had every intention of getting her alone, where her screams would go unheard and I think that was the asphalt plant. We are going to a party but I forgot something at work, just have to stop real fast, as an excuse to get her there. I really think the girlfriend is up in above her eyeballs though. Tell me your opinion on this?

Something smells so fishy to me.... I cannot help but wonder if the girlfriend is not in this up to her eyeballs.... The fact he texted AD and asked if she is still mad, I think he put the moves on her, but did not follow through at some point recently. I think she resisted and he may have apologized, and she accepted his apology sort of. I think he knew exactly what he was going to do that night, I really do. I think he had every intention of getting her alone, where her screams would go unheard and I think that was the asphalt plant. We are going to a party but I forgot something at work, just have to stop real fast, as an excuse to get her there. I really think the girlfriend is up in above her eyeballs though. Tell me your opinion on this?

I agree I think he knew what he was going to do too.

I wonder how long he had been associated with AD. What caused her to be mad at him in the first place. I think the killing was because she was mad at him. An ill show you sort of thing.

As for EB I have no idea how deeply shes into this. We know she got rid of the shirt, and her timeline doesnt fit. I hope shes no more into it than that. She has 2 kids that will need her for along time to come. I just hope she will get some counciling for her neediness, and even take some parenting classes. JMO

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some sympathy for EB; but to invite someone from prison into your home with kids...what was she thinking?

Knowing what we know so far, I don't think it looks to good in her corner.
I think he has something on her.....what..I don't know.

Your explanaton for getting her to the plant has crossed my mind too.
To take her to his place of employment and do the deeds...leaving her body there....?? Not the brightest bulb in the pack. I've wondered if he took her to somewhere else before the plant for the sodomy. Why drive all the way from the plant...thru the length of GB to Love's for gas. Surely there were closer gas stations open at midnight.?? Unless he bought gas before hand and she was in the SUV...making a stop to purchase gas in helping his friend who had car problems. "I just need to buy a little gas for X's car..to prime the carb...etc" ???

Knowing what we know so far, I don't think it looks to good in her corner.
I think he has something on her.....what..I don't know.

Your explanaton for getting her to the plant has crossed my mind too.
To take her to his place of employment and do the deeds...leaving her body there....?? Not the brightest bulb in the pack. I've wondered if he took her to somewhere else before the plant for the sodomy. Why drive all the way from the plant...thru the length of GB to Love's for gas. Surely there were closer gas stations open at midnight.?? Unless he bought gas before hand and she was in the SUV...making a stop to purchase gas in helping his friend who had car problems. "I just need to buy a little gas for X's car..to prime the carb...etc" ???

Wonder if there is any truth to a comment made by a Poster on NG's blog. I will find it and post it.

SHE SAID ITEMS OF ALICIA'S CLOTHING WERE FOUND AT THE "AUTOZONE" . I googled this place and it is not far from Love's.

NG link, Poster's name: Darlene, way down..........

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/24/where-is-alicia-debolt/

Google Map Autozone & Love's

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1221+10th+St,+Great+Bend,+KS+67530,+USA+(love%27s+travel+stop)&daddr=2219+10th+St,+Great+Bend,+KS+67530,+USA&hl=en&geocode=FWVZSQIdCSQd-inf7k20LoqjhzFmYtqxCdOfow%3BFeFYSQIdB-sc-ilVC851NoqjhzHfqlpdow_NBA&mra=ls&sll=38.361445,-98.753527&sspn=0.009691,0.016544&ie=UTF8&ll=38.361395,-98.760824&spn=0.009691,0.016544&t=h&z=16

It is a 3 min travel time from Alicia's to Autozone and another 3 min from Autozone to Love's.

I remember that after they first found her and how close it was to her house..and later their house too. AD had her shorts on IIRC when they found her along with a shoe, etc. So could it be AD's hoody or shirt or could the person have heard it thru the grapevine and it may have been his shirt they may have found that EB threw out on her way to work? Where she was headed when she threw it out I couldn't hear clearly. I *advertiser censored* u med it was work; which I still want to know where? I should have asked back on one of the articles when this story was "hot". That 10th St seems to be a main avenue for traffic. I "drove" down it on google maps and there are quite a few gas stations, fast foods, etc. One of the reasons I keep wondering why he traveled all the way to Love's for gas if he came from the plant.

Yep....why Love's........perhaps he had her at Autozone? hollyblue have you tried to see if there are any Gas Stations near the SW 56 Hwy (Venture and cemetery) I will have a look see.

I might be crazy but I do recall the Detective saying that they way the duct tape was placed on her leg it seemed like her leg was taped to a pole???? did this happen? or am I coo coo?

I still wonder what would make him murder Her in such a disqusting manner. It is like "Burn in Hell" What did Alicia have over him and what "bling" did she have and what did it mean to Her?????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back