TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Convict him posthumously and bury him in a cardboard box in the prison cemetery. (or plain pine box)
Convicts to dig grave.
No cost.

I wish, eh?

The news clip I listened to said the decision to donate a body has to be made before death occurs.
Yes, the deceased has to put that in writing before they die. As an extra note, the Body farm in TN has a waiting list last I checked in January of last year. They are picky and choosy now who they accept too. No communicable diseases like hepatitis, AIDS etc...
understandably and with good reason.

Why they have priced cremation at 1,700 is curious to me.
My father was cremated just over a year ago at 700.
Either 1000. inflation in just over a year or that much difference from state to state??? Wow.

As to the girls being interviewed by LE...It is my understanding that LE only gets a certain number of interviews (here in FL it is 3, I think) before the Defense can assert that the children were "led" or questioned so many times as to lead them to answer in a way that the person doing the interviewing wanted them to. IOW, giving answers they think LE wants to hear or stories changing because they have been questioned so many times. It would be of great benefit to LE to bring in the properly trained FBI or equivalent personnel to interview the girls the first time.

Just my own opinion.

Still find it sad that his body was lying in limbo, that no one would claim him. Guess I think back to times that I have dealt with some very nasty and bad people, but realize they had someone that loves them. Glad his body is going to the body farm. Come to think of it, attended a funeral several months ago and as I pulled up the sign on the wall of this "place of bereavement" said home of the $995 complete funeral including casket.

his body is actually being donated to science:

(CNN) -- The family of accused killer and kidnapper Adam Mayes, who was placed on the FBI's "10 Most Wanted" list, has sent his body to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, where students will use it for research and educational purposes, officials said.

Mayes' body had been with the Mississippi State Medical Examiner's Office since early May, when he killed himself. The body was picked up from there and delivered to the university's forensic department on Thursday, said Mark Golding, medical examiner in Union County, Mississippi.

Mayes' body will not be identifiable to students because each body is assigned a number, according to William Bass, a retired professor at the school.

Authorities allege that Mayes, 35, killed Jo Ann Bain, 31, and her eldest daughter, 14-year-old Adrienne, on April 27 at their home in Whiteville, Tennessee. He then abducted Bain's younger daughters, 12-year-old Alexandria and 8-year-old Kyliyah, who were missing for two weeks. After being cornered in Mississippi by authorities, Mayes shot himself in the head and died. The girls survived.

Both his mother, Mary Frances Mayes, and ex-wife, Teresa Ann Mayes, are accused of helping Mayes. His ex-wife is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of especially aggravating kidnapping. His mother faces charges of especially aggravating kidnapping and conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/08/justice/tennessee-mayes-body/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sounds like 'CYA' letters to me...don't think it will quite that easy for them to escape justice...

I think his wife is going to find out that low IQ, learning disabilities, etc, don't make someone legally insane.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...court-charges-linked-Bain-abductions-slayings
~snipped~
Mary Mayes and Teresa Mayes are scheduled to be in Hardeman County General Sessions Court in Bolivar at 9 a.m. Monday on charges ranging from first-degree murder to aggravated kidnapping. The charges are levied against the two women in connection with the murder of Jo Ann Bain and Adrienne Bain and the subsequent kidnapping of Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain by Adam Mayes.
~snipped~
Now, Teresa Mayes is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated kidnapping. Mary Mayes is charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and two counts of aggravated kidnapping. Both women are still in custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back