Justin Beiber victim of statutory rape?

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
So, this is quite the story. Justin is apparently being sued for child support by a 20 year-old woman who says she had sex with Justin when she was 19 and he 16. Apparently that's a no-no in California. But, her attorney says even if the alleged statutory rape occurred, Justin is still responsible for child support.

"California law states anyone who has unlawful sex with a minor and not more than three years older is guilty of a misdemeanor, which carries up to a one-year jail sentence.

"The issue of statutory rape even if she's guilty, hypothetically, that has no bearing on the duties to provide child support," said one of Yeater's lawyers Matthew Pare. "It's a totally separate issue."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111103/D9QPHDD01.html

I saw an article of him and his 18 + yr. old gf...thought THAT was stat. rape. Why isn't anyone going after these women for rape? We scream when it's a girl...

I saw an article of him and his 18 + yr. old gf...thought THAT was stat. rape. Why isn't anyone going after these women for rape? We scream when it's a girl...

Justin is 17; Selena (Gomez) is 19. You're right though -- sexual contact with a minor under the age of 18 is illegal in the state of California even if the minor says it is consensual.

Of course they have to be having relations :crazy:

He'll be 18 in March, 2012.

Mel

ps: not buying the baby daddy story though. I saw her piccie - he'd never tap that. In a restroom no less...for his first time. I gotta think with all those millions he'd spring for a hotel room. LOL

There is no law that says he can't date an older g/f. As for the woman who is claiming he is the baby daddy, I am not buying that either.

"Bugawisan’s husband, Ken, said Mariah Yeater told him before the eviction that she wasn’t sure who the baby’s dad was. He said she did not mention Bieber and told him the father was “one of two people in Ocean Beach.”"
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/03/woman-in-bieber-lawsuit-could-face-charges/

This is very sad. Obviously this is a very disturbed girl. Growing up in Los Angeles I met a lot of girls who were so infatuated with a star that they imagined themselves to be their girlfriend or wife. It seemed like they couldn't distinguish between their desires and fantasies and reality.

apparently there is evidence they have yet to reveal to the public,,i am not putting this past him
maybe they are using this pr to promote his hetrosexuality???
JMO

"The issue of statutory rape even if she's guilty, hypothetically, that has no bearing on the duties to provide child support," said one of Yeater's lawyers Matthew Pare. "It's a totally separate issue."

I'm glad he thinks so. How can the victim be held responsible for the consequences of a criminal act? Personally I think setting the age of consent at 18 is stupid since most people have had sex by that age, but that is the law in California.

What they could do however is sue for child support in his place of residence (which is apparently Georgia). The age of consent there is 16, so presumably he would be liable in that state, but maybe not in California.

Assuming that he is the father of course, it may be that this girl is just getting some free publicity or trying to get hush money to go away.

Dating someone isnt rape. As long as they don't have sex (and how would you prove it if they were?) it is perfectly legal.

This story, sadly, has reminded me of just how old I am.

I'm glad he thinks so. How can the victim be held responsible for the consequences of a criminal act? Personally I think setting the age of consent at 18 is stupid since most people have had sex by that age, but that is the law in California.

What they could do however is sue for child support in his place of residence (which is apparently Georgia). The age of consent there is 16, so presumably he would be liable in that state, but maybe not in California.

Assuming that he is the father of course, it may be that this girl is just getting some free publicity or trying to get hush money to go away.

This does bring up some interesting issues though. As more and more women are being caught up in sexual charges, it will happen more and more often.

So if you have an older woman, who is responsible for statuatory rape of an underage male. If she gets pregnant, could he be held financially responsible for the child?

Very interesting moral issues. The child deserves the physical, emotional and financial support of both parents. But the father was too young to make the decision to commit the act that caused the pregnancy. The woman got pregnant while committing a criminal act. A woman who gets pregnant through an act of rape has the choice of having the child or aborting it.

Where do you place the emphasis of the law? On the child who is the result of the criminal act? Or the child that the criminal act was committed against?

Personally I believe the woman has a felony sex crime on her history. IMO the baby should be taken from her. The boy and his family should be offered the opportunity to raise the child, but if they choose not to the child should be put up for adoption.

Dating someone isnt rape. As long as they don't have sex (and how would you prove it if they were?) it is perfectly legal.

And frankly police have better things to do than go after a 17 year old and a 19 year old dating. In those type of cases somebody really has to complain for police to do anything. As for regarding the alleged baby mama, this could be easy to prove one way or the other (DNA testing).

I'm willing to bet that this 20 year old chic is just trying to make a quick buck and get her 15 minutes of fame. I doubt her claim is true but a simple paternity test should clear him from her claims of him being the father of her little boy.

why limit it to statuatory rape? What if a of age woman rapes an of age man? Would he still be responsible for child support if she got pregnant?

This does bring up some interesting issues though. As more and more women are being caught up in sexual charges, it will happen more and more often.

So if you have an older woman, who is responsible for statuatory rape of an underage male. If she gets pregnant, could he be held financially responsible for the child?

Very interesting moral issues. The child deserves the physical, emotional and financial support of both parents. But the father was too young to make the decision to commit the act that caused the pregnancy. The woman got pregnant while committing a criminal act. A woman who gets pregnant through an act of rape has the choice of having the child or aborting it.

Where do you place the emphasis of the law? On the child who is the result of the criminal act? Or the child that the criminal act was committed against?

Personally I believe the woman has a felony sex crime on her history. IMO the baby should be taken from her. The boy and his family should be offered the opportunity to raise the child, but if they choose not to the child should be put up for adoption.

I wasn't even aware that Justin Bieber had entered puberty. :waitasec:

I don't know if we are allowed to link to tmz, but they posted some interesting claims about this woman. Are we allowed to discuss what is posted on tmz here?

IIRC rapists are stripped of their parental rights by law in California, so this woman may well find herself in a lose/lose situation. If it does turn out to be his kid she could lose everything and get a criminal record as a RSO to boot, and if it isnt his kid she will get sued. And even if it isnt his kid, he may turn around anyway and say "oh yeah, we did that", and then she either admits to making false statements or becomes a sex offender. Either way she gets a criminal record.

I don't know what sort of legal advice she has been getting, but IMO it would have been in her best interests to keep quite.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20111105/b273541/

So True? So False? Did Selena Gomez Split With Justin Bieber Over His Alleged Baby-Mama Drama?!

Bruna Nessif
11 hours ago

Nooooooooooo!

It seems like all this talk of Justin Bieber allegedly being a fan's baby daddy has hit an all time low, as RadarOnline reports that Bieb's girlfriend Selena Gomez has ended their relationship due to the fiasco surrounding Mariah Yeater and the paternity suit...

I'd say it should be under "so false" because radaronline first posted it, and then removed it. It's not even on there anymore. Her ex-boyfriend claims she told him he was the father.

"She tried to tell me it was my kid after one week. For a second I believed her then I went and talked to my grandma who said no sweetie that's not possible so when I went back to her she tried to say she got pregnant before she left," Terranova said."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...d_bieber_U4SI9XtemCEh30hNfx9M5I#ixzz1cqEDcfly

I, too, found the question of child support in the case of rape interesting. How can a crime victim be "penalized" to pay child support, yet isn't the second victim, the child, them punished by having to grow up in substandard conditions if the mother can't provide an adequate financial upbringing? That truly is a moral dilemma.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back