17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
GROAN!...on Piers Morgan: Robert Zimmerman, Jr. claimed that GZ's nose was broken and that there is a possibility that blood was going down GZ's throat vs blood over his face/clothes etc.

UMMMMMMMM.....anybody on the forum ever had dental surgery where you've swallowed saliva mixed with copious amounts of blood?.....NOT pleasant, frequently makes one barf! (technical term!) and..........if this were the case, then internal nasal cavity bleeds are wicked serious and can lead to really rotten side effects like...death~yeah, superficial nosebleeds not a biggie but deep bleeds....can be/often are serious!

I REALLY want to see the EMT/SFD run sheets AND the signed AMA waiver regarding hospital transport! (OH, I realllllllly hope they did the paperwork!):banghead::banghead:

I think it's very possible that GZ is telling the truth about what happened that night.

BUT, I think everything he says Trayvon did--he did. (possibly vice versa in some situations)

1. He didn't lose sight of Trayvon, Trayvon lost sight of him.
2. Trayvon didn't circle around and attack him from behind, GZ did.
3. Trayvon didn't say "do you have a problem", GZ did.
4. Trayvon didn't punch GZ in the face immediately, GZ punched Trayvon.
5. GZ's head wasn't slammed repeatedly, Trayvon's was...
6. Trayvon didn't reach for GZ's gun, GZ reached for it.
7. GZ wasn't screaming for help, Trayvon was.

JMO of course...

O/T Alert

Hey Pssssst!!!

There might be a doc dump in the Susan Powell case tomorrow. Previously unreleased search warrants...:please:

OT, let's just hope the media decides to share all of the documents. They failed miserably on it the last dump and I have been boycotting them. LOL LOL

It's too bad GZ wasn't tested for alcohol that night. His words and actions seem to me to fit with being disinhibited. I'm guessing he held his biases in check in certain circumstances in normal everyday life but that night lost his inhibitions and filters and reacted emotionally. I think his actions showed bias and a reactive temper. When TM turned to face his stalker, I think it enraged GZ and he considered it 'disrespecting him'. Then he continued to try to regain his position of superiority. Such a sad sad case. RIP Trayvon. We will never forget you.

I think it's very possible that GZ is telling the truth about what happened that night.

BUT, I think everything he says Trayvon did--he did. (possibly vice versa in some situations)

1. He didn't lose sight of Trayvon, Trayvon lost sight of him.
2. Trayvon didn't circle around and attack him from behind, GZ did.
3. Trayvon didn't say "do you have a problem", GZ did.
4. Trayvon didn't punch GZ in the face immediately, GZ punched Trayvon.
5. GZ's head wasn't slammed repeatedly, Trayvon's was...
6. Trayvon didn't reach for GZ's gun, GZ reached for it.
7. GZ wasn't screaming for help, Trayvon was.

JMO of course...

8. Trayvon didn't have a weapon in his waistband, Zimmerman did.

Think about it. It is a civil case. Zimmerman is the head of the NWP. It could easily go to court and in no time end up with lawyer fees in the 100 of thousands of dollars to be shared by the homeowners.

Zimmerman does not have a home at risk like the rest of these people if they have to pay just the legal fees. It could end up a multi million dollar settlement where homes are lost. Zimmerman has no home to lose.
You are correct. And that's what is worrying me about all these witnesses. IF GZ is arrested and charged and is found by a court of law to be guilty of whatever - manslaughter, negligent homicide, whatever - then TM's family has a very good chance at winning a civil suit against the HOA.

BUT (and this is a big one)

If GZ is found to be not guilty by reason of self defense - does that negate any civil suit against the HOA?

I know that under Stand Your Ground - if that law applies then the victim's family have no grounds for a civil suit but I'm not sure about the self-defense.

I guess, what I'm saying is that if the witnesses realize the huge liability that's hanging over their heads - then that might be motivation to possibly re-think what you actually saw or heard. KWIM?

I believe you're mischaracterizing what he said. He said that he didn't understand why the skittles and tea was coming into play so much; someone could only have chapstick and a toothpick and still put someone in reasonable fear of their life. Which is true.

BBM

:gasp:

SANFORD, Fla. – Further doubt emerged Thursday over the circumstances of Florida teen Trayvon Martin's murder, as the mother of a young witness said her son was "pressured" by police and another onlooker cast doubt on killer George Zimmerman's claims.

An unnamed witness speaking on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" said the entirety of the scuffle he saw between the two took place on grass, challenging Zimmerman's claim that Martin had smashed his head against a sidewalk after punching him in the face -- causing him to shoot the 17-year-old dead in self-defense.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...n-shooters-self-defense-claims/#ixzz1qZS1G2dp

Something I notice about the brother talking about head/nose injuries, he talks about them in general, as when people get head injuries this happens etc. etc.. he never describes Georges injuries or says George's face was all bruised and the back of his head was smashed in. I don't believe bro ever saw GZ after this happened. Oh but he does say Georges nose is still broken though :boohoo:

You are correct. And that's what is worrying me about all these witnesses. IF GZ is arrested and charged and is found by a court of law to be guilty of whatever - manslaughter, negligent homicide, whatever - then TM's family has a very good chance at winning a civil suit against the HOA.

BUT (and this is a big one)

If GZ is found to be not guilty by reason of self defense - does that negate any civil suit against the HOA?

I know that under Stand Your Ground - if that law applies then the victim's family have no grounds for a civil suit but I'm not sure about the self-defense.

I guess, what I'm saying is that if the witnesses realize the huge liability that's hanging over their heads - then that might be motivation to possibly re-think what you actually saw or heard. KWIM?
Furthermore, even if he does get immunity from civil liability via the stand your ground law, does that mean they couldn't still sue the HOA?

GROAN!...on Piers Morgan: Robert Zimmerman, Jr. claimed that GZ's nose was broken and that there is a possibility that blood was going down GZ's throat vs blood over his face/clothes etc.

UMMMMMMMM.....anybody on the forum ever had dental surgery where you've swallowed saliva mixed with copious amounts of blood?.....NOT pleasant, frequently makes one barf! (technical term!) and..........if this were the case, then internal nasal cavity bleeds are wicked serious and can lead to really rotten side effects like...death~yeah, superficial nosebleeds not a biggie but deep bleeds....can be/often are serious!

I REALLY want to see the EMT/SFD run sheets AND the signed AMA waiver regarding hospital transport! (OH, I realllllllly hope they did the paperwork!):banghead::banghead:

I am so happy you have joined this case.

BBM

Wait - hold up! Am I correct in thinking that GZ's bro admitted to the racial slur on the tape? I mean, if bro says the slur was because GZ speaks two languages - then isn't he also admitting that there is a racial slur and he (bro) heard it?
Yes WOO that was how i took it too...IMHO

Think about it. It is a civil case. Zimmerman is the head of the NWP. It could easily go to court and in no time end up with lawyer fees in the 100 of thousands of dollars to be shared by the homeowners.

Zimmerman does not have a home at risk like the rest of these people if they have to pay just the legal fees. It could end up a multi million dollar settlement where homes are lost. Zimmerman has no home to lose.
I think the house is in his father's name. Poor daddy is going to lose his life savings and all his retirement monies, and pensions and whatever else.
Its quite a pickle that George has created for the whole family.

Furthermore, even if he does get immunity from civil liability via the stand your ground law, does that mean they couldn't still sue the HOA?

IMO the HOA is getting sued either way it goes. No matter how you slice it, their liability in the incident will be litigated.

So GZ was going to the store. Not acting in NW Captain capacity. No reason not to have his permitted concealed-carry gun of choice with him.

He did not self-identify as part of or Captain of the NW in his call to the non-emergency number (and now I have to go back and see if we can discover whether he usually did or did not self-identify in his previous calls). But so be it. He's a citizen who cares about his neighborhood, who's going to the store and notices a potential suspicious person and calls it in to the non-emergency line.

For me, this is where the line blurs. Clearly he chose to do much more than watch and report; he left his vehicle and tracked and followed.

Now--for a non-NW-member citizen, IMO this decision could be written off as foolhardy bravado on the part of someone who just didn't understand that it's better to wait for LE.

But for someone who apparently started the NW program in that small community and was an alert and attentive Captain of that program (as evidenced by prior suspicious activity calls and his interactions with his neighbors)... IMO, for that person to leave their vehicle with their weapon, despite the dispatcher saying "OK we don't need you to do that" (and remember that GZ did not self-identify as a NW Captain on the call nor did he or was he required to reveal that he was armed, so the dispatcher had limited info upon which to base how strong his "we don't need you to do that" message was)...

It seems to me that

- GZ was not "on NW patrol" when he called the non-emerg # that night & was acting in his capacity as a private citizen (failure to self-identify as NW)
- Although acting in his capacity as a private citizen, GZ had knowledge of NW procedures that a non-NW resident might not have had (report, don't intervene)
- Despite acting as a private citizen, GZ chose to violate rules about NW that he surely knew; he followed someone he thought was suspicious, and had his weapon on him. He started the NW program. He knew the recommended courses of action.

I guess I really want to know what was going on in GZ's mind that night, and prior... Did he ever not see himself as Neighborhood Watch Captain when he drove around the complex? Was he ever "off-duty"? Did he expect to make a quick trip to the store and then got himself involved in a situation where he switched from regular resident reporting suspicious activity into NWC tracking down a "suspicious" figure?

Too many questions without answers yet, I know. :sigh:

The reason he did not mention it to LE is because there really is no Captain (only a contact person for meetings at the clubhouse, which was GZ). No one is suppose to patrol, there is no duty required other than placing a call as an average, everyday citizen would when you see a crime. No obligation to do anything other than to call it in, not pursue, not to engage, not to track. The gun would not enter into it because he's not required to do anything other than make that call and follow instructions from LE, which he ignored. The sign is there to let criminals know that if they try to break into one of the homes it will probably be reported and LE will show up. That is it. jmo

Gee, Robert Zimmerman is right up there on the lies per minute scale as Cindy Anthony.IMO And that takes some doing. Just saying....:banghead:

IMO the HOA is getting sued either way it goes. No matter how you slice it, their liability in the incident will be litigated.
That's what I'm thinking too. Wanna bet there will be a special HOA meeting scheduled rather soon to discuss the legal ramifications that are going to arise from all this?

About this bro. Anyone know - is he younger or older than GZ? Does bro live in the area?

TIA

I can't help but wonder if GZ is "on file" as a volunteer for the SPD. It would explain some of his actions and some of the departments inactions, IMO.

That's a great question!

I think the house is in his father's name. Poor daddy is going to lose his life savings and all his retirement monies, and pensions and whatever else.
Its quite a pickle that George has created for the whole family.

He's leasing and called LE to complain about his landlord. Where did you read it's his father's home????? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater