GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - newbie here.

:seeya:

I think that has been written in a way which makes it easy to interpret like that, but all reports and all info on the police's own website state clearly she visited those three shops before going home

Hi saggymoon, and welcome to WebSleuths.

An article yesterday listed CJ as 5' 4". Very short. And 145 pounds.

So short I have to wonder if it is correct.

blinkin' cheek.....some of us are shorties...but we make up for it in other ways (or so I'm told)..still waiting to find out!!!

Seriously though, CJ did look small in the TV news footage.

wasn't that period in 1974 the platform shoe/boots era? I am thinking Bee Gees here. He could have built up 4" to be 5'8" and maybe the witness was off a couple?

wasn't that period in 1974 the platform shoe/boots era? I am thinking Bee Gees here. He could have built up 4" to be 5'8" and maybe the witness was off a couple?
Good point...where can I get these?

no...don't go along with this one and if, as this post suggests, CJ is the culprit...on his own doorstep? I can't see it...but then I am having difficulty on focussing totally in this case...it really is baffling.

Let's not forget that CJ was arrested for this crime and that he is still officially the only known suspect.
One thing I'd like to know is on what grounds he was originally arrested. His modifying in the direction of vagueness a statement he made about having seen Joanna with two other persons cannot, in my view, have been the grounds for arresting him. The police know that loudmouths often exaggerate their own importance and enjoy witness status but then back off. Grounds for further interrogation but not for arrest with twice extended detention.
I am taking it that the police had at least one major black mark against him that we don't yet know about. And it wasn't Christina Georgina Rossetti.
I also attach scant importance to the estimated height of the Glenis Carruthers murderer - witness may have been mistaken.

Re: Perp's Profile:

OK, let's just suppose we were to ignore everyone who is a potential suspect/witness etc... what would be the profile of the Perp, based on what we know about how Joanna was killed. Is this someone who finds it hard to make relationships with women (and possibly men - the friendship kind), Domineering, cold mother? A mother who is overly involved in the son's life? Someone on this site, not sure who now referenced Harold Shipman and I did a little research into his history, his mother thought that he was better than everyone else and he ended up with a Grandiose attitude to life and to others. Did committing this crime and the ultimate act of strangulation give the perp a sense of power? Is he a woman hater based on his past and does this allow him to even the score somewhere?

Originally Posted by mikeymot
no...don't go along with this one and if, as this post suggests, CJ is the culprit...on his own doorstep? I can't see it...but then I am having difficulty on focussing totally in this case...it really is baffling.

I agree with you MikeyMot.. On his own doorstep... never... but the temptation was too great for him knowing that GR was out of town.. and he could not resist. He stumbled in the heat of the moment.

LOL, I'm female too (well I was the last time I looked). :crazy:

When I ended it with my husband, I got myself into the mindset by being cold towards him, creating a distance so it make the final act "easier."

Sharing a meal from the same plate does not send out "cold" signals or create a distance - it suggests "completeness"- two halves of the same entity.

But there are different ways of sharing a plate of cheesey chips. Did they fight over them? Did Greg steal all the cheese? Is that what brought things to a head? Only the CCTV coverage of the cheesey chip lunch will answer these vital questions.:giggle:

Just read this in the mail...part of Jos' parents statement:

Joanna’s father, David, a 60-year-old IT consultant, agreed. ‘They were so much in love. Last June they went to the Isle of Wight Festival. It was their first holiday together so it was a bit of a test.

‘She met Greg at the architect practice, and after a couple of months they became girlfriend and boyfriend. He was the first boyfriend she had lived with. We went up there to take flowers and champagne.

‘She was close to Greg’s family and stayed with them a number of times. They gave her a moonstone pendant. Jo never wanted to get married for the sake of it, but I feel that Jo and Greg were partners for life. Although they never discussed marriage, we felt it was on the cards.’

I now think it only fair that the police categorically state that G/R is and never has been a suspect in this case...I am feeling more and more uneasy including him as a possible suspect in Jos' death. WHY WON'T THEY MAKE THIS STATEMENT?...they should, out of decency, at least let her family know why not.

these were just my thoughts....
if the murders are linked cj was teaching at cliftoncollege then....
but is he as tall as 5ft10ins or thereabouts....

I thought as well there could be a connection.

People do shrink as they get older and he could have been wearing platform shoes in the 1970s.

I was wondering if she was smiling at someone she knew / recognised in the Bargin Booze store.

Someone who then caught up with her later - perhaps just before she reached Tescos and walked home with her or drove her home.

Maybe Jo didn't enter her flat alone.

Timeline shows I think that she'd just come off the phone to her best friend before entering Bargain Booze.

I reckon she was still smiling over something her friend had said. We all do it after putting the phone down, don't we?

So I don't think it was significant.

I thought as well there could be a connection.

People do shrink as they get older and he could have been wearing platform shoes in the 1970s.
I am def. going to use that....'you shrink as you get older'....give me another 10 years and I'll only be 2ft tall!!!

blinkin' cheek.....some of us are shorties...but we make up for it in other ways (or so I'm told)..still waiting to find out!!!

Seriously though, CJ did look small in the TV news footage.

I have seen many references to his being 11 stone which I guess is 154 pounds. This is one among many:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...police-warn-Don-t-open-your-door-to-strangers

One said: “He must weigh no more than 11 stone and is not a physical person. I don’t know how he could be accused of overpowering anybody.”

I am def. going to use that....'you shrink as you get older'....give me another 10 years and I'll only be 2ft tall!!!

LOL - you shrink as you get older as you wear your legs down over a number of years!

We all will get a little shorter as we age. This takes place over many years, and ultimately we all lose an inch or so. Gravity is responsible for some of this height loss. You lose muscle and fat as you age and gravity weighs down especially on the bones in your spine and may cause compression.

I just accidently deleted a really long response to some of the excellent posts on here :(

shortened version.....

Think the statement from Joanna's family were almost part of a damage limitation as they knew the story about the text was coming out, especially wondering why the mum pointed out that she stayed friends with her exboyfriends?..... is the guy that she texted going to turn out to be an ex??

In The Mail article, a friend of Gregs confirmed that Joanna was his first "serious girlfriend", he could have been jealous of her 'past', as soon as he is out of town she is texting a mail friend? mmm dont think he'd like that one bit.

I think as he was late going to Sheffield due to problems with the car, he filled up to a full tank (so he didn't have to stop on way) I think he may even have decided not to go because of bad weather and driving conditions, he rang her to let her know, that’s why she picked up large pizza, and why she had smile on her face in Bargain Booze, and this could be a reason why she didn’t get what she planned to get in Waitrose. He had to park car down the road from the flat as there were too many cars on road due to party (so neighbours didn’t notice he’d come back) Once home, he soon discovered that she had contacted this ‘male friend’ and he went mad...... removed body as he didn’t want to be the one to ‘discover’ her on his return on Sunday. Where she was found was on his route to the motorway that leads to Sheffield.

Along with others, it doesn't sit comfortably with me that the police have not officially said that he has been eliminated from their enquiries.

Me too. I'm not convinced it is correct though as she bought the cider before the pizza.

I don't understand this? The cider shop was further from her flat than Tesco, so it made sense to go to the cider place first. That's exactly what I would have done, saves you carrying the pizza from Tesco to booze shop then carry it back past Tesco.

From Sky News:

Bristol Murder: Cops Investigate New Leads

Report goes on to say that at today's FA Cup game in Bristol, Bristol City v. Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City players will wear on their shirts publicity for the investigation, and the reward to find Jo's killer.

w/video, here
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ds_After_Retracing_Her_Final_Steps_In_Bristol

Ironically where Greg was off too.

Today's statements from the police and from the family go out of their way to put an end to speculation on three issues by emphasising that it is known that Joanna reached home safely, that Greg cannot be suspected by those fully informed of the facts, and that Joanna and Greg's relationship was in healthy shape. I take it that the family are being closely guided by the police in what they say. Now we have to decide whether we trust the police on these issues. On the "Joanna reached home" statement, I do trust them. On the Greg can't be suspected, I incline to trust them or at least to agree with them. On the relationship issue, I'm less sure. Joanna was young, pretty, successful, exemplary and happy. Take away one or two of those and you diminish public interest and sympathy...

I wouldn't rule out the police encouraging Joanna's families' trust of Greg, might be an attempt to play on his guilt.

Just read this in the mail...part of Jos' parents statement:

Joanna’s father, David, a 60-year-old IT consultant, agreed. ‘They were so much in love. Last June they went to the Isle of Wight Festival. It was their first holiday together so it was a bit of a test.

‘She met Greg at the architect practice, and after a couple of months they became girlfriend and boyfriend. He was the first boyfriend she had lived with. We went up there to take flowers and champagne.

‘She was close to Greg’s family and stayed with them a number of times. They gave her a moonstone pendant. Jo never wanted to get married for the sake of it, but I feel that Jo and Greg were partners for life. Although they never discussed marriage, we felt it was on the cards.’

I now think it only fair that the police categorically state that G/R is and never has been a suspect in this case...I am feeling more and more uneasy including him as a possible suspect in Jos' death. WHY WON'T THEY MAKE THIS STATEMENT?...they should, out of decency, at least let her family know why not.

I really cannot understand why they have not been more emphatic about it, unless they have ruled him out of being the actual perp, but not ruling out that he put someone up to it (which I really dont think is the case)

Interesting post. The building they lived in looks so substantial.Solid construction with thick walls. Would a scream or two really be audible to someone outside,on the other side of the street ? Or,is it more likely that Jo was at her doorstep, or had her front door open when she screamed ? Was she taken right away into a vehicle, maybe not actually killed in her flat ? Because the most baffling thing in this case,IMO, is the fact that Jo would be killed in her home, and then removed from her home after she was dead. That doesn't add up. Someone could have grabbed her after she answered their knock on her front door, and a struggle ensued at the flat's entry way. Which at least explains why LE took the front door for forensics... Strange case.MOO

I don't find it baffling at all that she was killed in her flat and then removed. We have the luxury of hindsight and plenty of time to calmly think everything through. Whereas the killler would have been in a state of shock and panic, and had to think on his feet. Putting oneself in his shoes is difficult. But he had to act quickly. If as seems increasingly likely he was known to her, his thought process with her dead body lying before him on the kitchen floor would have been along these lines: “*advertiser censored*, there are people who know I fancy Jo, and that I know where she lives, and who don’t know where I am tonight, so when she’s found dead in her flat, they’ll immediately think I went to the flat, and did it – except if I can make it look as though it was done elsewhere, where it could have been almost anybody. I SIMPLY MUST MAKE IT LOOK AS THOUGH IT WAS DONE ELSEWHERE. Now how can I do that? Not sure, right now….feel confused…and now it's bloody snowing....BUT AT THE VERY LEAST I can’t leave the body here…..If nothing else, I must get it out of here. THAT IS THE PRIORITY”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member