CA CA - Rancho Palos Verdes, WhtMale 828UMCA, 46-5, 'Ma Jose', Jan'01

Strange that this man was not identified yet. He had so many tattoos.

Here's what I have to say about this case:
-The catholic tradition in Spain includes engraving your wedding ring with the name of your future husband/wife and the date of the wedding. This man married a woman named "Maria José" in 2007. The wedding most likely took place in Madrid.
-Maria José is a typical spanish name but may also appear in other spanish speaking countries.
-A divorced spanish male would not wear the ring anymore. A widower may continue or not to use it.
- The official spanish list of missing persons has no possible match for him
(http://www.guardiacivil.es/es/colaboracion/desaparecidos/index.html?buscar=true&query=&location=)

In my opinion:
- Michael/mike is likely to be the man's name.
- Looking at the sketches, he does not seem at all of spanish ancestry. More likely from US.
- The man seemed to be well well dressed and had a very expensive watch engraved with the wife's name. He was in an area of well off people. Was he a tourist or a business man visiting?
- That kind of tattoos on a well dressed and groomed 45 year old seem odd. The description of the tattoos made me think about ex convict or gang member.

On the thread for the unidentified man believed to a biker found in Pasco County, FL, AstroKitty provided several links about tattoos in different segments of the population. I really wish we had photos of his tattoos. One of the websites from the other post (http://www.heavy.com/social/2013/07/prison-tattoos-explained/3/) --
There are literally dozens of Russian criminal tattoos, each with it's own distinct meaning. For example, a man with stars on his knees does not bow down to any authority.

Yet, if he had a criminal past, he would have been identifies when they ran his fingerprints, right?

Thinking that the UID might be from East Europe originally and not Hispanic, I came across missing person Siarhei Rudziankou on the Doe Network. He went missing from Los Angeles in 1993 and would have been about 41 in 2001. He's the same height as the UID (Siarhei's weight isn't mentioned). His appendix has been removed. He has a scar on his right leg and there is no mention of tattoos.
SRudziankou.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/4155dmca.html
I haven't really been able to find out more about him (the Doe Network references Interpol, yet I am unable to find him in either the missing or wanted persons (maybe I am not searching right)).

This couldn't possibly be Carl Alfred Eder, could it? It seems like too late and too peaceful a death for such a man.

Carl_alfred_eder_zps60b7edee.jpg
bf646d6c-509c-4406-b74c-e155f64ae367_zpse6016058.jpg
ranchopalosverdesunidentified_zpsa2c7af8c.jpg

Eder '74, left; Eder aged; artist's rendering of Palos Verdes UID, right

Eder would have been 58 or 59 at this time, so older than the UID is, probably, but height and hair color are all right, and the general facial shape. He was thought to have gone to Tijuana after escaping to get false ID, then to have returned for a time to California near Mt. St. Helens, where he was involved with motorcycle gangs and anti-government leftists, such as the Symbionese Liberation Army. Just throwing it out there.

Never mind. I'm sure the would have gotten a fingerprint hit.

This couldn't possibly be Carl Alfred Eder, could it? It seems like too late and too peaceful a death for such a man.

Eder would have been 58 or 59 at this time, so older than the UID is, probably, but height and hair color are all right, and the general facial shape. He was thought to have gone to Tijuana after escaping to get false ID, then to have returned for a time to California near Mt. St. Helens, where he was involved with motorcycle gangs and anti-government leftists, such as the Symbionese Liberation Army. Just throwing it out there.

Yeah, that should have been a fingerprint hit, but boy, very similar look to him, especially that thin twisty mouth.

Yeah, I think the artist would have shown the face longer, like Eder's, if it were him, but I thought the spacing of the eyes and nose and the chin, as well as the mouth, looked similar. The UID's eyebrows also seem less unusual. I was thinking maybe he'd gotten the Michael tattoo to bolster the new ID. The age range, the likelihood that Eder met a stickier end, and the lack of a fingerprint hit make me think it isn't him.

Very clearly not Eder. His facial shape is much different.

Yes, I can see that in your recon, and I'm always willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, because, frankly, I think you're much better at this than most people who are paid to do it, Carl; but the original sketch, which I'm assuming was also done from a morgue photo, gives a much more squared off chin, and also a more similar eye spacing and placement of the ears, as well as hairline.

Yes, I can see that in your recon, and I'm always willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, because, frankly, I think you're much better at this than most people who are paid to do it, Carl; but the original sketch, which I'm assuming was also done from a morgue photo, gives a much more squared off chin, and also a more similar eye spacing and placement of the ears.

Yes, even considering that in the PM photo, his jaw was a bit slacked, and his mouth sagged, IMO his face is much longer than is depicted in the pencil sketch.

He might look a have looked little older in life than I depicted, but I think I have his look close enough that we would probably recognize him from my depiction if he showed up on a MP site.

I'm not so sure that we would recognize him if all we had was that pencil sketch to go by.

Well, all I can say is it's a damned good thing you're here, and it's too bad certain forensic artists keep on turning out deceiving crap at the public expense.

Yes, even considering that in the PM photo, his jaw was a bit slacked, and his mouth sagged, IMO his face is much longer than is depicted in the pencil sketch.

He might look a have looked little older in life than I depicted, but I think I have his look close enough that we would probably recognize him from my depiction if he showed up on a MP site.

I'm not so sure that we would recognize him if all we had was that pencil sketch to go by.

I certainly wouldn't. I have trouble visualizing how the sketch could depict the same person as yours.

A few weeks ago, I was watching an episode of American Greed about John Donald Cody aka Robert “Bobby” Thompson. Even though John Cody was wanted by the FBI, for some reason, his fingerprints were never entered into the database; this is why he was not IDed when his fingerprints were originally run. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-john-donald-cody-mastermind-behind-100m-charity-scam/

This made me think of Michael Maria Jose Madrid-Doe from Rancho Palos Verdes. From the description of Mike Doe’s tattoos, it sounds like he possibly resided within the correctional system at some point in his life, even though his fingerprints did not produce a match when they ran them [I’m assuming that they ran them].

It’s unfortunate that they didn’t add photos [or at least sketches] of his tattoos to accompany his case because it would be good to know if they are professional, prison style, a combination, or something else?

This is the updated link for the Los Angeles Coroner (the link in the first post just goes to the main coroner site) – http://mec.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/mec/main/home/caseinformation/unidentifiedpersondetail?unidentified=1&getPic=1&CaseNum=2001-00616

Ma. in Spain is a girls name given to a boy. Most likely to be Maria (as the 'nickname' is usually Mikey), however it could be Mariano or Marian.

not spanish but peruvian, when using "maria" as part of a boy's name it would usually be: jose maria, jesus maria or xe: ignacio de maria
i have never met a latino man named "maria" on its own as that is considered a female name, usually is meant to point to a special devotion to the virgin mary (maria)
mikey is mostly used as a pet name for someone who is called miguel (michael) or the basque and catalunyan versions of that name, not very common in spanish countries but used more by migrants to english speaking countries as it is easier to say mike/mikey/micky than spell and pronunciation rigmarole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea if I'll be even a little helpful, but I'll try. I just wanted to add some different meanings for things others have stated. If the UID's name is Michael, the inscription Ma Jose' Madrid 97 could mean it was a gift from someone with the last name Madrid or from Madrid, Spain (or Madrid, IA) in 1997.

I've been pretty well convinced that his name is Michael, and he goes by the name Mike.

It's hard to know what tattoos might mean if you don't really know what they look like, but...

A lion with a crown could mean he had a Leo birthday (both the lion and the crown represent Leo). On the other hand, it could also be a sign of strength and courage. I'm sure there are other meanings, but those are the two I know most about.

A cross with a sword can be a Celtic symbol, which means he could be Irish or Scottish. I know Michael is a common Irish name.

The stars tattooed on the knees means you bow down to nobody if there's one on each knee, but I only read that there was one on the right knee. I'm not sure what it means when it's only on one of them.

I'd have to go over things again, probably several times, to come up with any more gibberish.

MOO

https://identifyus.org/cases/3357

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Michael Allan 1954 Florida
James Bradford 1942 Arizona

Dentals and DNA available; fingerprints elsewhere. I wish they'd releae photos of the tattoos.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back