Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 8/24/2011, Detective Angela Tsuida was the detective who requested the cell phone search warrants 11/164 and 11/165. It is under her 'probable cause' section where we learned quite a bit of details. Det. Tsuida also re-interviewed Jonah.

SW 11/164 - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_11-164.pdf

In Ann Rule's book Det. Tsuida is stated as being the lead detective.

“It promised to be a high-profile case, and the sheriff’s office quickly agreed to aid the much smaller Coronado Police Department. The investigation into Becky’s death would be handled by the San Diego Sheriff’s Homicide Team #2, with detective Angela Tsuida as the lead investigator. Coronado police sergeant Mitch McKay was at the death scene and he briefed the crew of San Diego County sheriff’s detectives who gathered there.”

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.”

I believe that lead Detective Angela Tsuida was called off the case once AS retained counsel. Det. Tsuida was doing everything right and following proper procedures. Was someone threatened by that?

On 8/24/2011, Detective Angela Tsuida was the detective who requested the cell phone search warrants 11/164 and 11/165. It is under her 'probable cause' section where we learned quite a bit of details. Det. Tsuida also re-interviewed Jonah.

SW 11/164 - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_11-164.pdf

In Ann Rule's book Det. Tsuida is stated as being the lead detective.

I probably asked this question long ago when the search warrants were released, but I don't recall the answer. In the search warrant for video surveillance tapes (see link), would the Ronald McDonald House be covered under the umbrella of Rady's? http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41432.pdf

Also, the search warrant posted earlier by *Lash* indicates that in the 7/13 interview, JS said he was at Rady during and leading up to the time of Rebecca's death. In the 7/15 interview, he mentioned going back to Ronald McDonald House for a portion of the time (6 hours). Or perhaps the detectives reported what he said differently, with the later interview report being more detailed. I don't know. My question: Is Ronald McDonald House attached to Rady's in such a way that someone might reasonably state they were at Rady's when they were actually at Ronald McDonald House? Just curious as I'm unfamiliar with the layout.

TIA.

--------------------------------------------
As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

The wheels of justice turn so painfully slow. August 8th, 2014 is the next court date for this case.

"Civil Case Management Conference scheduled for 08/01/2014 at 10:30:00 AM at Central in C-67 William S. Dato."

The wheels of justice turn so painfully slow. August 8th, 2014 is the next court date for this case.

"Civil Case Management Conference scheduled for 08/01/2014 at 10:30:00 AM at Central in C-67 William S. Dato."

Oh, my word, that is painfully slow :(

Well that sure gives the perpetrators plenty of time to come clean :floorlaugh:

This is a disappointment. Very very sorry to see the Hon William Dato replaced. IMO He is perhaps the fairest judge in San Diego. Still scheduled for 1st of August..

10 - 01/12/2014
Case reassigned from Dato,William to Bacal,Katherine effective 01/12/2014
Notice of Case Reassignment SD

9 - 01/12/2014
Civil Case Management Conference reassigned to Bacal, Katherine for 08/01/2014 at 10:30:00 AM in C-69 at Central.

Katherine A. Bacal is a judge for the Superior Court of San Diego County in California. She was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in January 2008 to succeed Thomas C. Hendrix. Bacal was re-elected in 2010 and her current term will expire in 2017.[1]
http://judgepedia.org/Katherine_A._Bacal

A couple of very bad reviews:
http://www.gavelbangers.com/judges/california/trial-level/bacal/katherine

Sorry to hear that; really appreciate your update, Carioca.

This is a disappointment. Very very sorry to see the Hon William Dato replaced. IMO He is perhaps the fairest judge in San Diego. Still scheduled for 1st of August..

10 - 01/12/2014

A couple of very bad reviews:
http://www.gavelbangers.com/judges/california/trial-level/bacal/katherine

9 - 01/12/2014
Civil Case Management Conference reassigned to Bacal, Katherine for 08/01/2014 at 10:30:00 AM in C-69 at Central.

This certainly demonstrates the difficulty in trying this case at the state level instead of the federal level. Its so much easier to manipulate the handling of cases in state courts. I can't fault the family's attorneys for taking a chance on the federal courts, it was certainly a better alternative for getting justice.

Today would have been Rebecca's 35th birthday. I'm sure her family is missing her very much today.

Today would have been Rebecca's 35th birthday. I'm sure her family is missing her very much today.

I feel like I know Becky just from news articles and the way her family and friends speak of her. She sounded like a genuinely beautiful young woman who did not deserve the cruel fate bestowed upon her <modsnip>

Happy 35th Birthday :bdscroll: to Becky -- a wonderful woman who had made the world a better place by being in it.

Even if justice on earth will not be done, I believe in my heart and soul that there will be justice in the heavens and afterlife.

God bless the Zahau family and Becky. And God bless Max. You will never be forgotten Becky.

For the record, here are the most recent filings on the case:

Shacknai, Adam (Defendant) - Attorney Robb C. Adkins
http://www.winston.com/en/who-we-are/attorneys/adkins-robb-c.html

Shacknai, Dina ( Defendant) - Attorney Kim Schumann
http://www.schumannrosenberg.com/attorney/kim-schumann

Romano, Nina (Defendant) has not assigned an attorney as of yet

[jPlaintiffs: Mary, Mrs. Zahau, estate of Mr. Zahau]

05/13/2014
Stipulation - Other (Extending Time to Answer or Otherwise Respond to Complaint) filed by Shacknai, Adam.
Shacknai, Adam (Defendant);

04/30/2014
Proof of Service of 10-day Summons & Complaint -
Personal filed by {Plaintiffs].
Refers to: Shacknai, Adam; Shacknai, Dina; Romano, Nina (Defendants)

04/18/2014
Answer filed by Shacknai, Dina.
Shacknai, Dina (Defendant)

03/20/2014
Notice and Acknowledgment of Receipt filed by (Plaintiffs];

03/20/2014
Proof of Service by Mail filed by (Plaintiffs)

03/12/2014
Demurrer / Motion to Strike scheduled for 11/21/2014 at 01:30:00 PM at Central in C-69 Katherine Bacal.

03/12/2014
Demurrer / Motion to Strike scheduled for 11/21/2014 at 01:30:00 PM at Central in C-69 Katherine Bacal.

03/12/2014

03/03/2014
Notice and Acknowledgment of Receipt filed by [Plaintiffs]
Refers to: Romano, Nina

01/12/2014

01/12/2014

24 06/12/2014 Proof of Service by Mail filed by Shacknai, Adam.Shacknai, Adam (Defendant) Proof of Service by Mail
23 06/12/2014 Request for Judicial Notice filed by Shacknai, Adam.Shacknai, Adam (Defendant) Request for Judicial Notice
22 06/12/2014 Demurrer filed by Shacknai, Adam.Shacknai, Adam (Defendant) Demurrer
21 06/09/2014 Demurrer / Motion to Strike scheduled for 02/20/2015 at 01:30:00 PM at Central in C-69 Katherine Bacal.

Case Number: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL
https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/CaseSearch.xhtml

Jeez, how long will this time game continue. gah.

Interesting Nina still has no lawyer.

06/25/2014 Docket Text: Order on Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Cla
ORDER Granting (Doc. [28], [29], [30]) Motions to Dismiss with Leave to Amend. If Plaintiffs wish to file a second amended complaint, they must do so on or before 7/8/14. Signed by Judge Thomas J. Whelan on 6/24/14. (cap)

07/08/2014 Docket Text: AMENDED COMPLAINT with Jury Demand (Second Amended Complaint) against Nina Romano, Adam Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, filed by Mary Zahau-Leohner, Estate of Robert Zahau, Pari Z. Zahau. (Attachments: # (1) Proof of Service) (Greer, Curtis) (av1).

BBM - document is attached

Attachments

• Zahau8272888-0--31622.pdf
    92.3 KB · Views: 103
Thanks so much Time. I check here every so often and new we should hear something soon.

06/25/2014 Docket Text: Order on Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Cla
ORDER Granting (Doc. [28], [29], [30]) Motions to Dismiss with Leave to Amend. If Plaintiffs wish to file a second amended complaint, they must do so on or before 7/8/14. Signed by Judge Thomas J. Whelan on 6/24/14. (cap)

07/08/2014 Docket Text: AMENDED COMPLAINT with Jury Demand (Second Amended Complaint) against Nina Romano, Adam Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, filed by Mary Zahau-Leohner, Estate of Robert Zahau, Pari Z. Zahau. (Attachments: # (1) Proof of Service) (Greer, Curtis) (av1).

BBM - document is attached

WOW. Thank you time, so much, for posting this.

At least now we know that the clothing that she was wearing was never recovered from the scene at 1023 Ocean. That alone should have made this a criminal case. Rebecca and Max have been on my mind all week. I'm glad to see some movement on the civil case if not a criminal one.

Stay strong Zahau family.

Wow. Now those allegations are pretty precise.

They allege Dina struck RZ on the head to unconsciousness, and Adam strangled her, bound her, and tossed her off the balcony. All while Dina and/or Nina sat on the bed to weight it down so it wouldn't move too much. And it alleges Adam is the one to write the message on the door. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member