Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

UPDATED: Baez Denies Defense Withheld Anthony Evidence
Lee Anthony Faces Deposition On Thursday
POSTED: 6:24 am EDT July 30, 2009
UPDATED: 5:32 pm EDT July 30, 2009
<snipped>
Outside the Orange County Courthouse Baez was on the defensive a single document among more than 1,000 released on Thursday. It is a laundry list of items his spokeswoman said they took from the Anthony home in September, such as books, baby toys, puzzle pieces and Spiderman toothbrush.

Baez was asked if he was he withholding potentially important evidence.

"Absolutely not and indication of that would be false and ridiculous," he said. "We did the ethical thing and there should be proof of that."

Also, an FBI document released on Thursday from June 2009 indicates that Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy, and her brother, Lee, declined to take polygraphs.

Baez would not talk about why.

There also was a police report from August 2008 that indicated Cindy Anthony may have been trying to establish that "Zanny the nanny" really existed.

<snip>

You guys are on the right track here.

Why oh why would either page of exhibit 22 be sealed???

Is it the tooth? I mean getting a swab for DNA testing doesn't need to be sealed, right? Gathering items that might have Caylee's DNA doesn't need to be sealed, right?

What the heck is on this page that needs to be sealed?

Heck - just go read this entire media thread page:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67819&page=89

* July 27th was the day the Anthony's were compelled to turn over additional documents. Recall that they almost got nailed with contempt?
* Oh and do watch JB's interview after Cindy's depo. Audio isn't great, but his first few sentences tie directly back to this thread, IMO

http://www.wftv.com/video/20224530/index.html

Thanks for finding that interview, ThoughtElf! I was out of town for almost 2 weeks then and missed pretty much all of the local media coverage.

Hadn't seen that Jose interview. One of his better ones, IMO. He wasn't his usual smirky self. :)

Maybe just to clarify (because I think I understand the confusion)...

There are two places that Baez objects. The first is clearly about the right hand page in the photograph that is Exhibit 22.

The second one is when Miss Linda asks CA to tell what she saw KC taking from the house. This second one is CLEARLY about photographs and I'm sure it is sealed because Baez is paying himself by pimping out Caylee's pictures.

BUT - the ZIP IT! is because of the first objection (Exhibit 22).

After pouring through the old media surrounding the timeframe of the depos, I am convinced you are not only right, but that JB panicked as he might indeed be withholding critical evidence provided by Casey to him and it all hinges on Exhibit 22 - or discrepancies between what is on #22 - and what JB actually has/had in his possession.

Is it the tooth?

While CA might be adamant Caylee had 20 teeth, Dr. G. stated she only had 18 teeth - but that one tooth was never found. They recovered only 17 teeth.

Is it the tooth?

While CA might be adamant Caylee had 20 teeth, Dr. G. stated she only had 18 teeth - but that one tooth was never found. They recovered only 17 teeth.

BBM

Very possible!

Why would they have one of Caylee's teeth. It's not like she was of an age to have begun loosing her baby teeth.

Hmmm ......... interesting, to say the least.

Why or why would either page of exhibit 22 be sealed???

Is it the tooth? I mean getting a swab for DNA testing doesn't need to be sealed, right? Gathering items that might have Caylee's DNA doesn't need to be sealed, right?

What the heck is on this page that needs to be sealed?

Why or how could they have a tooth from Caylee; she's too young and yet it's listed along with all the other things that would come from a baby.

If it's Casey's tooth why would they want that? They were getting fresh dna from her.

Is this the mystery ~ whose tooth is it? :waitasec:

BBM

Very possible!

Why would they have one of Caylee's teeth. It's not like she was of an age to have begun loosing her baby teeth.

Hmmm ......... interesting, to say the least.

OMG! You're right. Caylee shouldn't have lost any teeth yet. O_O

You guys are on the right track here.

Yep. And I might point out that the defense, after the travesty of a motion they filed and the outcome yesterday, has a huges issues in the evidentary arena:

Baez was not laughing when he was ordered to turn over evidence his team claims to have proving someone else dumped Caylee's body in the woods last year. The deadline is February 1.

Screwed is the word that comes to mind, initially anyway.

the nanny hit her in the mouth

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<insert> puke icon

I'm off my rocker. To me, both the items listed on exhibit #22 and the photos/funding are related. Excellent sleuthing, but, I am of the opinion that whatever is sealed is NOT displayed on the list on exhibit #22. They would have already issued a retraction since the doc dump yesterday if it was. They can't show sealed items, IMO.

I *think*, but I am not sure that it either relates to the photo that was sealed, or again, that the one document shows Casey gave items (like photos/videos) to JB for him to sell - items which did not later show up on Exhibit #22 list. i.e. JB kept them to sell and finance the defense.

I think it isn't what is on that list - it is a document proving JB has more than what he turned over to the FBI. What ISN'T on that list is crucial?

I'm off my rocker. To me, both the items listed on exhibit #22 and the photos/funding are related. Excellent sleuthing, but, I am of the opinion that whatever is sealed is NOT displayed on exhibit #22. They would have already issued a retraction since the doc dump yesterday if it was. They can't show sealed items, IMO.

I *think*, but I am not sure that it either relates to the photo that was sealed, or again, that the one document shows Casey gave items (like photos/videos) to JB for him to sell - items which did not later show up on Exhibit #22. i.e. JB kept them to sell and finance the defense.

I think it isn't what is on that list - it is a document proving JB has more than what he turned over to the FBI. What ISN'T on that list is crucial?

I agree with you. One thing that I think people don't know is that while the defense has to share the evidence they have with the State it has to be revealed before the trial and that's a long way away. If the State wants it right away, they can compell the defense by filing in court for specific pieces of evidence to mandate a specific time for the defense to deliver to the State. The defense, BTW, has already done this several times with evidence they wanted from the State right away, such as the tip information the State had.

As far as what others are saying about the tooth: IIFC, bone fragments from the body were spread out all over the place. They didn't have a complete skeleton when they were done to begin with, so I think it's possible the tooth was lost over time in that area as many of the other bone fragments were.

I'm off my rocker. To me, both the items listed on exhibit #22 and the photos/funding are related. Excellent sleuthing, but, I am of the opinion that whatever is sealed is NOT displayed on the list on exhibit #22. They would have already issued a retraction since the doc dump yesterday if it was. They can't show sealed items, IMO.

I *think*, but I am not sure that it either relates to the photo that was sealed, or again, that the one document shows Casey gave items (like photos/videos) to JB for him to sell - items which did not later show up on Exhibit #22 list. i.e. JB kept them to sell and finance the defense.

Yes, I hope so. And the more I look at exhibit #22 the more it looks like the list on the left is what was actually taken to JB. The list on the right may just be a suggestion of the type of things that Casey should gather from within the house. The writer, whose handwriting is not familiar to us, may not have realized that Caylee was too young to have lost any of her teeth.

Just popping in folks, but my first thought of this was the diary.

I totally forgot about the diary!! Guess that puts me NOT in the "good sleuth" category.

Just popping in folks, but my first thought of this was the diary.

Seems like I remember BC telling Cindy (during an interview) that he was in possession of the diary. But my brain cells are degenerating faster than they're being replaced anymore so I may very well be wrong. Anyone else remember this?

Yep. And I might point out that the defense, after the travesty of a motion they filed and the outcome yesterday, has a huges issues in the evidentary arena:

Baez was not laughing when he was ordered to turn over evidence his team claims to have proving someone else dumped Caylee's body in the woods last year. The deadline is February 1.

Screwed is the word that comes to mind, initially anyway.

I put this up in the current news thread earlier, could this be what Kathi B is asking about, re: Bombshell?
Kathi Belich Asks JB About Bombshell in February
http://www.wftv.com/video/21311710/index.html
Kathi asks JB repeatedly about his Bombshell for February, gets no answer. Andrea L gives Kathi snotty response about who files the motions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back