GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

Did Robert Smith have a criminal history?

Kiesha Weippeart’s case is strikingly similar to Robert Manwill’s case; the 8-year-old boy who died from injuries inflicted upon him while he was visiting his mother and her live-in partner during the summer of 2009 in Boise, Idaho. The mother of the boy found later dead in an Idaho canal and her live-in boyfriend were both indicted on first-degree murder charges by an Ada County grand jury. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill’s death to law enforcement. Melissa Jenkins pled guilty and her charges were reduced to “aiding and abetting”. Jenkins will be sentenced in August 2011 and she is facing 25 years behind bars. Melissa Jenkins, who has immunity, is expected to testify at Daniel Ehrlick’s trial as early as next week.

Robert was missing for more than a week before his body was found floating in the canal August 3, 2010. No cause of death has been released, but police said evidence showed the death was not accidental so perhaps the State will present evidence to prove Kiesha’s death was not accidental in order to charge them with first degree murder. The fact medical help wasn’t sought for Kiesha after she lost consciousness and a witness saw Robert Smith attack Kiesha days before her death will support the State’s claim that Kiesha’s death was not accidental. In Robert Manwill's case, there was a hole in a wall that prosecutors believe was caused by Ehrlick when he bashed Robert's head against it. The force inflicted upon Kiesha might have left a dent or mark on the wall and forensic tests will reveal how much force was applied.

Both Melissa Jenkins and Kristi Abrahams have a history of ‘willfully inflicting" injury upon their children. Kristi Abrahams bit Kiesha’s shoulder when she was very young but she was never convicted; however Melissa Jenkins was for striking her child's head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child's skull" on Oct. 19, 2008.

According to the testimony given in Court in week 4 of Daniel’s Ehrlick’s murder trial, none of the relatives said they knew Robert was murdered by either Melissa or Daniel, but if Kristi Abraham’s and Robert Smith’s relatives knew Kiesha was dead and where her remains were buried, don’t they have a responsibility to report this information to the Police Department?

We'll know more after their next court appearance.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540443,00.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...her-robert-smith/story-e6frf7l6-1225903995704

Police allege Kiesha was thrown against wall or bed
SIX-YEAR-OLD Kiesha Weippeart was thrown against a wall or the corner of a bed before she died, police believe.
Today, in a brief of evidence to be handed to lawyers defending her mother and stepfather on murder charges, investigators will allege Kiesha was put in a bath after she sustained a head injury during the assault some time between July 12 and July 14 last year.
Kiesha was later put to bed in the family's Mount Druitt apartment, but died, police sources have told the Herald.
More...

I have a lot of time on my hands this summer so have been reading here (whoo hoo for productivity!) and here is something (snipped) posted in the Child Victim thread of the Long Island Serial Killer forum.

“It would just be odd for a mom to bury a child at some place that she had no connection to,” Professor Meyer said of the toddler on Long Island, adding: “Transporting the body somewhere else for a burial — that doesn’t sound to me like a mom. But wrapping the body in a blanket does. So maybe you have a couple.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/30/n...rded-on-a-beach-one-that-doesnt-fit.html?_r=2

Does this quote shed any light on who may have been the one to kill Keisha (imo both are culpable and deserve everything justice can mete out but...). I know that there has been some discussion of Kristi MAYBE being an abuse victim; I just don't see it, but it may make sense.

I have a lot of time on my hands this summer so have been reading here (whoo hoo for productivity!) and here is something (snipped) posted in the Child Victim thread of the Long Island Serial Killer forum.

“It would just be odd for a mom to bury a child at some place that she had no connection to,” Professor Meyer said of the toddler on Long Island, adding: “Transporting the body somewhere else for a burial — that doesn’t sound to me like a mom. But wrapping the body in a blanket does. So maybe you have a couple.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/30/n...rded-on-a-beach-one-that-doesnt-fit.html?_r=2

Does this quote shed any light on who may have been the one to kill Keisha (imo both are culpable and deserve everything justice can mete out but...). I know that there has been some discussion of Kristi MAYBE being an abuse victim; I just don't see it, but it may make sense.

Hello goatman and thank you for joining the discussion.

“Police allege it was Smith who indicated a shallow grave site to the people.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/kie...lice-will-allege/story-e6frfkvr-1226072762440

What is the distance between the bushland in Shalvey and the apartment complex Kiesha lived with her family?

There are witnesses who said both Robert and Kristi were mean to Kiesha. We don't know if Kiesha's stepsister, who is Robert's biological daughter and was approx. 3 years old when Kiesha was reported missing, was also being abused. Kiesha could have been what is termed "a targeted child". Kristi and Robert's son was one-week old if Kiesha was murdered on July 14, 2010 which was a Wednesday. Most women are released from the hospital 2-3 days after giving birth so Kiesha was murdered shortly after Kristi returned home.

Caylee Anthony’s remains which were buried near her home were wrapped in plastic bags and a heart was found on the duct tape that was found on her mouth IIRC. This article says Kiesha’s body was transported in a suitcase but nothing about whether any clothing or blanket were found in or near her grave. Her parents allege she was abducted during the night and Kiesha was wearing her night clothes. LE confiscated her bedsheets so she wasn't wrapped in them before she was placed in the shallow grave. Robert Manwill's body was found in a canal dressed in street clothes because his mother's partner alleged he was abducted while he was outside. Rocks were found in his pant's pocket to weigh his body down, his t-shirt was covering his head, and he was wearing women's socks.

In these three cases, there were no eye witnesses or confession.

Hello goatman and thank you for joining the discussion.

“Police allege it was Smith who indicated a shallow grave site to the people.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/kie...lice-will-allege/story-e6frfkvr-1226072762440

What is the distance between the bushland in Shalvey and the apartment complex Kiesha lived with her family?

There are witnesses who said both Robert and Kristi were mean to Kiesha. We don't know if Kiesha's stepsister, who is Robert's biological daughter and was approx. 3 years old when Kiesha was reported missing, was also being abused. Kiesha could have been what is termed "a targeted child". Kristi and Robert's son was one-week old if Kiesha was murdered on July 14, 2010 which was a Wednesday. Most women are released from the hospital 2-3 days after giving birth so Kiesha was murdered shortly after Kristi returned home.

Caylee Anthony’s remains which were buried near her home were wrapped in plastic bags and a heart was found on the duct tape that was found on her mouth IIRC. This article says Kiesha’s body was transported in a suitcase but nothing about whether any clothing or blanket were found in or near her grave. Her parents allege she was abducted during the night and Kiesha was wearing her night clothes. LE confiscated her bedsheets so she wasn't wrapped in them before she was placed in the shallow grave. Robert Manwill's body was found in a canal dressed in street clothes because his mother's partner alleged he was abducted while he was outside. Rocks were found in his pant's pocket to weigh his body down, his t-shirt was covering his head, and he was wearing women's socks.

In these three cases, there were no eye witnesses or confession.

I think, what interests me the most about your response is the similarities between leaving just the clothes the child is reported missing in AND faking an abduction. So maybe that is of bigger significance? That the abduction fake, which is a drain on the states resources, was premeditated (as in they knew they were going to do that probably before they buried her). It was a conscious decision, not premeditated? LOL I hope someone can follow this!

I think, what interests me the most about your response is the similarities between leaving just the clothes the child is reported missing in AND faking an abduction. So maybe that is of bigger significance? That the abduction fake, which is a drain on the states resources, was premeditated (as in they knew they were going to do that probably before they buried her). It was a conscious decision, not premeditated? LOL I hope someone can follow this!

The police didn't say whether the clothes Keisha's mother said Keisha wore to bed the night she was "abducted" were in her grave and it is difficult to speculate.

The police say a text message between Kristi and Robert on the 31st of August prove they were not together at the apartment watching a movie with their children the night Kiesha disappeared.

Robert Manwill’s and Kiesha Weippeart’s parents tried to keep the abuse they inflicted upon their child a secret. When Robert Smith was seen in public hitting Kiesha, he adamantly denied it. Pretending their child was abducted allowed them to hid their actions from others and proves their death was not an “accident”.
When a parent shoots his child, he is fully aware the child may die as a consequence of his actions. However, I don’t think the person(s) who beat Robert and Kiesha realized at the time they were beating them that the child’s physical body would shut down and they would die as a consequence of their actions. I’m not sure Casey Anthony realized Caylee would die as a result of her actions either. This is why I don’t think they intended to kill their children IMO but to use this as a defense and have the charges dropped from first degree murder would require a confession and so far no one has.

A child who rides their bike onto the street and gets hit by a car and dies, wasn’t aware at the time that death could result as a consequence of their actions and I believe this might have been the mindset of Robert Smith /Kristi Abrahams, Melissa Jenkins /Daniel Ehrlick and Casey Anthony but I could be wrong. Hindsight is 20/20.

The police didn't say whether the clothes Keisha's mother said Keisha wore to bed the night she was "abducted" were in her grave and it is difficult to speculate..
(RSBM)

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I was just assuming that she was found in them; b/c if she wasn't what happened to the outfit they reported her last being in?

The police didn't say whether the clothes Keisha's mother said Keisha wore to bed the night she was "abducted" were in her grave and it is difficult to speculate.

The police say a text message between Kristi and Robert on the 31st of August prove they were not together at the apartment watching a movie with their children the night Kiesha disappeared.

Robert Manwill’s and Kiesha Weippeart’s parents tried to keep the abuse they inflicted upon their child a secret. When Robert Smith was seen in public hitting Kiesha, he adamantly denied it. Pretending their child was abducted allowed them to hid their actions from others and proves their death was not an “accident”.
When a parent shoots his child, he is fully aware the child may die as a consequence of his actions. However, I don’t think the person(s) who beat Robert and Kiesha realized at the time they were beating them that the child’s physical body would shut down and they would die as a consequence of their actions. I’m not sure Casey Anthony realized Caylee would die as a result of her actions either. This is why I don’t think they intended to kill their children IMO but to use this as a defense and have the charges dropped from first degree murder would require a confession and so far no one has.

A child who rides their bike onto the street and gets hit by a car and dies, wasn’t aware at the time that death could result as a consequence of their actions and I believe this might have been the mindset of Robert Smith /Kristi Abrahams, Melissa Jenkins /Daniel Ehrlick and Casey Anthony but I could be wrong. Hindsight is 20/20.

IMO if they were 'smart' enough to cover up the abuse, they knew it was both wrong and illegal and had to have known there was a potential for death as a result of the abuse.
I think I understand what you mean though : there was no set plan to actually kill Kiesha, and in the heat of the moment they likely weren't thinking at all....
IMO, this is far worse. Poor Kiesha was systematically abused for much of her life. This wasn't a one-off. It was basically torture, day in, day out. they had plenty of time to think about what they were doing in between beatings, and they chose to continue.

In other news...

PLUMPTON filmmaker Saad Adam will abandon his documentary, The Disappearance of Kiesha Abrahams out of respect for Kiesha Weippeart’s family.
Adam told the Standard he would stop the production out of respect for Kiesha’s biological father, Chris Weippeart, and his mother, Liz.

More at link:
http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/final-cut-on-kiesha-documentary/

From this video....
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newsho...sive-kiesha-s-death-detailed-in-police-brief/

They managed to track down the cab driver who originally drove them to the site. :woohoo:

July 11th- Last verified siting of Kiesha at family birthday party
July 14th- Kiesha was murdered
July 18th- Kiesha was buried.

Police only had 20 mins notice that K&R would be at the Shalvey site the night they were arrested.

IMO if they were 'smart' enough to cover up the abuse, they knew it was both wrong and illegal and had to have known there was a potential for death as a result of the abuse.
I think I understand what you mean though : there was no set plan to actually kill Kiesha, and in the heat of the moment they likely weren't thinking at all....
IMO, this is far worse. Poor Kiesha was systematically abused for much of her life. This wasn't a one-off. It was basically torture, day in, day out. they had plenty of time to think about what they were doing in between beatings, and they chose to continue.

The police said they charged Robert Smith and Kristi Abrahams with murder but they didn’t specify whether it was first degree. The death penalty was abolished in Australia on May 14, 2009 so they don't have to fear being put to death.

There are parents who believe harsh forms of discipline are acceptable because God's word states “if you spare the rod, you spoil the child. Therefore they claim their intention was not to kill the child only to teach it right from wrong.

It is terribly sad that after a child is murdered by a stepparent, the step parent profess they loved the child like it was their own. Perhaps the reason Mr. Smith abused Kiesha was because she was not his biological child. When Mr. Smith was confronted about allegations he was abusing Kiesha, he said he loved her as if she was his own daughter which implies he would never abuse his own child.

<snipped>

&#8220;Mr Smith, of Mt Druitt in Sydney's west, denied killing Kiesha, saying he loved her as if she was his own daughter. Mr Smith said investigators "got tough" with him and demanded he reveal where Kiesha's body had been dumped. He said police assured him they would "help him" - with counselling and care - if he disclosed what he had done. "They said 'lead us to her body' and that sort of thing. It was pretty tough," he said. Asked if he killed Kiesha, or if he had hurt her in any way that may have accidentally caused her death, Mr Smith denied it.&#8221; http://aussiecriminals.posterous.com/2010/08/06/kiesha-abrahams-stepfather-robert-smith-a-suspect

Now we know why Kiesha Abrahams did not go to kindergarten in the week leading up to her disappearance on the weekend. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id334.html

(RSBM)

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I was just assuming that she was found in them; b/c if she wasn't what happened to the outfit they reported her last being in?

And the suitcase and shovel. Police reportedly found a shovel in a drain pipe but we don't know if it is connected to this case. My guess is they took one to dig the grave with, albeit it was shallow, so perhaps they packed one in the suitcase.

It is difficult to surmise whether Abrahams/Smith buried Kiesha in the clothing they allege she wore to bed the night she disappeared. We were always confused why Kiesha would wear her purple ‘Pumpkin Patch’ jacket to bed.

Here are some photos of the pink pajamas and jacket Kristi Abrahams said her daughter was wearing the night she went missing.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Kiesha.htm

(RSBM)

<RBBM>

And the suitcase and shovel. Police reportedly found a shovel in a drain pipe but we don't know if it is connected to this case. My guess is they took one to dig the grave with, albeit it was shallow; so perhaps they packed one in the suitcase.

It is difficult to surmise whether Abrahams/Smith buried Kiesha in the clothing they allege she wore to bed the night she disappeared. We were always confused why Kiesha would wear her purple ‘Pumpkin Patch’ jacket to bed.

Here are some photos of the pink pajamas and jacket Kristi Abrahams said her daughter was wearing the night she went missing.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Kiesha.htm

From this video....
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newsho...sive-kiesha-s-death-detailed-in-police-brief/

They managed to track down the cab driver who originally drove them to the site. :woohoo:

July 11th- Last verified siting of Kiesha at family birthday party
July 14th- Kiesha was murdered
July 18th- Kiesha was buried.

Police only had 20 mins notice that K&R would be at the Shalvey site the night they were arrested.

If this cab driver waited while they buried Kiesha's remains and drove them home, he'll know if the suitcase was returned to the apartment.

Where were Kristi and Robert's other children when they went to the gravesite? Did they leave them with a babysitter?

Any idea BWI why they chose to bury her in Shalvey? How many miles is it from their Mt. Druitt flat?

according to an article by the mt druitt standard paper (page 16 of this site provided by patience) the two other children were removed by docs earlier in the week before the mother and stepfathers arrest, i wonder what reason docs gave the parents for removing them. did police know they would be arrested that week? i also read earlier but cant find it, that robs mother had driven them to the railway station where they were supposedly catching a train to stay in the city. have copied the mt druitt clip here

Kiesha Abrahams' mother and stepfather charged with murder

Crime

22 Apr 11 @ 10:08am by Stacy Thomas and The Daily Telegraph
The alley on Freya Crescent Shalvey where the pair were arrested at 1am this morning. Picture: STACY THOMAS.

The alley on Freya Crescent Shalvey where the pair were arrested at 1am this morning. Picture: STACY THOMAS.

UPDATE: Police have found skeletal remains in a shallow grave site where they believe the body of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams is located.

The remains are to be taken to Glebe Morgue this afternoon for forensic identification. A post mortem is also expected to determine the cause of death.

PHOTOS: Crowd gathers for candlelight vigil to mark Kiesha Abrahams’ seventh birthday

PHOTOS: Angry mob gathers after Kiesha Abraham’s mother and stepfather arrested for her murder

Kiesha’s mother Kristi Abrahams, 28, and stepfather Robert Smith, 31, were arrested in an alley off Freya Cresc, at Shalvey, at 1am this morning and charged with her murder later this morning. The pair faced Parramatta Bail Court today.

Today would have been Kiesha’s seventh birthday.

RELATED: Vigil tonight to mark Kiesha Abraham’s seventh birthday

Residents in the street were woken to screaming and police cars in the narrow suburban street.

``I heard screaming and wondered what was going on, then a while later a whole heap of police vehicles were blocking the street,’’ one teen told the Mount Druitt and St Marys Standard.

Specialist police teams, including forensic service officers set up what appears to be a search crime scene in bushland backing onto the Freya Cresc homes near Peter Van Hasselt Park.

While this search was being carried out a group of passionate residents assembled outside the Mount Druitt police station where the two were being questioned and screamed out their horror at the turn of events.

As the couple were put into police wagons for a trip to the Penrith Police Remand Centre, the assembled mob screamed abuse at the two.

RELATED NEWS AND PHOTOS
PHOTOS: Search for Kiesha - Day One
PHOTOS: Search for Kiesha - Day Two
PHOTOS: Police press conference on August 3
PHOTOS: Mother pleads for daughter’s safe return

``Rot in hell kid killers,’’ Alison Anderson yelled. ``Kiesha, it will be ok.’‘

As the police wagon exited the station, taking the pair to court, the group was held back by police.

Many chased the van down the alley between the police station and Westfields Mount Druitt onto Luxford Rd.

Homicide Squad Det-Insp Russell Oxford, who heads up Strike Force Jarocin, spoke to the Mount Druitt and St Marys Standard editor Steve D’Arcy at 3.30am this morning.

He said Strike Force Jarocin officers were extremely happy with the arrests.

Detectives have carried out what they described as a “painstaking investigation” from the day Kiesha was reported missing on August 1, 2010.

``These arrests come after officers from Strike Force Jarocin worked tirelessly on the disappearance of Kiesha - its been a painstaking nine month investigation,’’ he said.

Det Insp Oxford confirmed the couple’s other children were removed by officers from the Department of Community Services earlier this week.

The community will continue a planned candlelight vigil tonight to celebrate Kiesha’s seventh birthday out the front of the Woodstock Ave units where she was reported to have gone missing from in 2010.

according to an article by the mt druitt standard paper (page 16 of this site provided by patience) the two other children were removed by docs earlier in the week before the mother and stepfathers arrest, i wonder what reason docs gave the parents for removing them. did police know they would be arrested that week? i also read earlier but cant find it, that robs mother had driven them to the railway station where they were supposedly catching a train to stay in the city.

Here is the information you requested bearbear;

Yes police planned to arrest Kristi and Robert on Good Friday when they visited Kiesha's gravesite but we don't know what reason they gave the parents for taking this action so close to Kiesha's birthday.

<snipped>

Even before Thursday night, detectives were finally ready to move in and make an arrest.

They had gathered intelligence that the couple would visit the child’s burial site some time around her birthday. They followed the couple’s every move until they travelled to the bushland site, and then made an arrest.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the couple booked themselves into
a motel in the City on Thursday night.

Smith’s mother Rebecca drove them to Parramatta train station, where they were to board a train to Central.

Instead they boarded a west-bound train, each carrying an overnight bag, and got off at Mt Druitt station.

Police allege they bought a bunch of flowers at a local florist kiosk, then
got into a taxi at the station and were driven to nearby Shalvey, where they
then set off on foot into the bushland.

It is understood Abrahams and Smith spent hours in the area of Kiesha’s
grave. They were arrested about 1am when they walked back to the first well-lit area, in Freya St.

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com...keshift-grave-on-the-eve-of-her-7th-birthday/

<snipped>

The couple was unaware they had been monitored for police for sometime before they were arrested, with intelligence gathered by indicating they would visit the child's burial site some time around her birthday.

They visited the site in Shalvey after checking themselves into a motel in the city on Thursday night. It is understood the couple spent hours in the area of Kiesha's alleged grave before they were arrested about 1am in well-lit Freya Street.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8240490/accused-killers-visited-bush-grave

<snipped>

They seized their cars and mobile phones, taking them away for "forensic testing".

When they were handed back, they had been bugged with listening devices so investigators could keep tabs on their conversations for "intelligence".

Last week, detectives got word that Abrahams and Smith would visit the little girl's gravesite in a macabre service to mark her seventh birthday.

The arrests were made at 1am as they allegedly left the Shalvey bush block.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/grim-details-of-kieshas-life-and-death/story-fn6e0s1g-1226043771504

<snipped>

After months of surveillance, homicide investigators tailed Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith to a bushland reserve at Shalvey, in Sydney's west.

The couple headed into the forest that night, clutching a bunch of flowers, and walked into a police trap, The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday.

When they re-emerged in the early hours of Friday morning - on what would have been Kiesha's seventh birthday - police swooped.

Several hours later, detectives found a shallow grave containing a child's bones.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/close-watch-on-kieshas-mother-20110423-1ds52.html#ixzz1PJ5fZAzS

<snipped>

MURDERED girl Kiesha Weippeart's stepfather and mother took other people into bushland where her shallow grave was located just before they were arrested, it will be alleged.

A statement of police evidence against Kiesha's mother Kristi Abrahams, 28, and stepfather Robert Smith, 31, reveals police will allege Smith indicated a shallow grave site to the people.

The police operation occurred on the night of April 21, when the pair were arrested after leaving bushland in Shalvey, in Sydney's west, where the six-year-old's remains were later found, police will allege.

Perhaps Kiesha's clothing was buried with her?

<snipped>

Other physical evidence was been found in the area that may go towards the case against Kiesha&#8217;s mother and stepfather.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/kieshas-suspected-remains-found/x90pgm5

Here are two maps which shows the distance between the gravesite and Kiesha&#8217;s former home - approx 6 kms

http://i53.tinypic.com/15ewuo9.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...769,150.797353&spn=0.015598,0.026114&t=h&z=16

Although no date has been set for Kiesha's funeral, it should be soon.
Ms. Anderson has been invited to speak at Kiesha's service.

<snipped>

Ms Anderson went to the Penrith Court House last week as Kristi Abrahams appeared via audio video link.

"The hardest part now is going to be the funeral,&#8217;&#8217; she said.

I&#8217;ve been asked to talk at the service, I just hope I can hold up on the day.&#8217;&#8217;

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/community-embraces-kiesha-as-their-princess/

<snipped>

It will be alleged that, three days after her death &#8211; on or about July 20
last year &#8211; Kiesha&#8217;s body was carried from the Hebersham home in a suitcase.

Abrahams and Smith allegedly caught a taxi to a bush reserve in Shalvey,
where the body was buried near the Air Services Australia land site.

Police will allege Smith later burned the suitcase.

In this link there is a photo of Kristi and she is wearing a t-shirt with the name 'Hitler' written on it.

Who babysat Kristi and Robert's two young children while they left their apartment to go bury Kiesha's remains remains a mystery.

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com...keshift-grave-on-the-eve-of-her-7th-birthday/

If this cab driver waited while they buried Kiesha's remains and drove them home, he'll know if the suitcase was returned to the apartment.

Where were Kristi and Robert's other children when they went to the gravesite? Did they leave them with a babysitter?

Any idea BWI why they chose to bury her in Shalvey? How many miles is it from their Mt. Druitt flat?

Wasn't it alleged that Rob burned the suitcase at the site?
Would love to it know if someone was babysitting the little ones that night, but it wouldn't surprise me if they left them at home unattended.
Not sure if they have any connection to Shalvey but IIRC it was aprox 5 km's ( 3 miles), so it was still pretty local.

Even before Thursday night, detectives were finally ready to move in and make an arrest.

They had gathered intelligence that the couple would visit the child’s burial site some time around her birthday. They followed the couple’s every move until they travelled to the bushland site, and then made an arrest.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the couple booked themselves into
a motel in the City on Thursday night.

Smith’s mother Rebecca drove them to Parramatta train station, where they were to board a train to Central.

Instead they boarded a west-bound train, each carrying an overnight bag, and got off at Mt Druitt station.

Police allege they bought a bunch of flowers at a local florist kiosk, then
got into a taxi at the station and were driven to nearby Shalvey, where they
then set off on foot into the bushland.

RSBM-

I was at Parramatta station yesterday and thinking about K&R being there the night they were arrested.
It makes no sense. If they were in the 'Mounty county' area (Mt Druitt and surrounding suburbs), there would be no need to drive all the way in to Parramatta to pretend to be getting a train into the city. It's on the same train line. (and basically half the way from mounty county to the city)
They could have just gotten a lift to St Mary's station which is much closer and pretended to be going to the city.
Parramatta station is a very busy interchange though, so maybe they were hoping to get lost in the crowd?? IDK

Attachments

• 450px-Western_Line_combined.jpg
    450px-Western_Line_combined.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9
Wasn't it alleged that Rob burned the suitcase at the site?
Would love to it know if someone was babysitting the little ones that night, but it wouldn't surprise me if they left them at home unattended.
Not sure if they have any connection to Shalvey but IIRC it was aprox 5 km's ( 3 miles), so it was still pretty local.

hello butwhatif,

Yes, 3 miles is very closeby. Kristi and Robert likely asked a neighbor to babysit. No one would have had a clue what they were up to 2 weeks before Kiesha was reported missing and they would have believed anything they told them. The baby was only 1 week old and Bxxxxxx was 3 when this tragedy occurred so Kristi and Robert were likely holding them close to comfort themselves.

A report only said "other physical evidence was found in the area that may go towards the case against Kiesha’s mother and stepfather, so I wonder if they buried Kiesha with her favorite doll or a keepsake of her mother's; something sentimental and whether police retrieved her clothing? The police said they dumped the body but it wasn't dumped if it was covered in a shallow grave.

The report doesn't say what time of day they traveled to the bushland by taxi with the suitcase. They visited the site on Kiesha's birthday under the cloak of darkness and Police began the grim search for the little girl’s remains as the sun came up so did Kristi and Robert need a flashlight to find their way in the bushland after dark?

Did you go to the gravesite? Is this the spot where the man said he saw a man and a young girl walking together into the woods when Kiesha was reported missing?

Police will allege Smith later burned the suitcase so it doesn't sound like the suitcase was left in the woods after they buried her body. They would have taken a shovel with them wouldn't they? They wouldn't want to leave anything suspicious behind for the bike riders to find.

I wonder if they talked to the taxidriver and he knew what they were up to? Now that he knows what happened, I'm sure it's a trip he will always remember.

Their court hearing is in June but don't know the exact day. I haven't seen any updates on Chris's health.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/kieshas-suspected-remains-found/x90pgm5

An angry crowd gathered outside a Sydney courthouse this morning where Kiesha Weippeart&#8217;s mother and stepfather were due to appear. The pair has been charged with her murder.

Robert Smith refused to even leave his cell for today&#8217;s brief appearance in Penrith Court House in Sydney but Kristi Abrahams did but she only appeared by a video link. In her court appearance after her arrest she was greeted by an angry mob so she didn&#8217;t leave the prison facilities and she appeared by video. Very little was said in Court. After Kristi Abrahams confirmed who she was to the Magistrate, she was ordered back to her cell and instructed to reappear again in June. So far no pleas have been entered and no applications for bail.

7 News understands that the focus of the police investigation in this murder case will be on the mother.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/25059045/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back