GZ's 2005 MySpace Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.
He broke up with his girlfriend and his business crashed and burned in 2005. That's when all his trouble was. Nothing since, not even a traffic ticket. He turned his life around. All the sarcasm about unemployment, etc. are pointless - look at the unemployment rates.

BEM: Not to mention unproven.

I wouldn't call 2nd degree murder charges as nothing since. If he truly turned his life around he would have listened to what he was told and what he knew was true at the time. Not to follow. But he ignored the direction and did it anyway. Total disregard for the safety of others. jmo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/old-g...nic-comments/2012/05/02/gIQA9pMqwT_story.html

The second post mentions a legal battle with an “ex-hoe,” likely a reference to a 2005 incident in which a girlfriend accused Zimmerman of attacking her. He was not charged in that case, and on the blog post Zimmerman writes that the woman “tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it!”

Zimmerman’s wife testified during his bail hearing last month that her husband told her he was actually defending himself in that incident, not the other way around.

Crump, however, said Zimmerman’s comments about the legal issues are telling.

“You think you can always get away with stuff,” Crump said. “Every time I go to court, I win. I beat it.”

Onlytobekingagain is taken from a hip hop lyric and famous band. Do we really judge every young man by which hiphop lyrics he loves ?

Has he really accomplished so little? Didn't he start his own insurance biz at a very young age? It crashed and burned, but that is still quite an ambitious accomplishment for someone so young, imo.

I think he is guilty of manslaughter at the very least. And I think he is an impetuous, narcissistic bully. But I am not going to jump on the bandwagon that he hunted down and murdered a child in cold blood and set out to do so from the start of the 911 call. That is unfair, and dishonest. imo

There is no band wagon. We don't know what motivated GZ to become a community vigilante...but time will tell...

Some of us do believe that it is possible that GZ didn't concern himself with how he stopped the @$$holes and that it is highly possible that he wasn't concerned with what might happen if "his suspect" died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/old-g...nic-comments/2012/05/02/gIQA9pMqwT_story.html

The second post mentions a legal battle with an “ex-hoe,” likely a reference to a 2005 incident in which a girlfriend accused Zimmerman of attacking her. He was not charged in that case, and on the blog post Zimmerman writes that the woman “tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it!”

Zimmerman’s wife testified during his bail hearing last month that her husband told her he was actually defending himself in that incident, not the other way around.

“You think you can always get away with stuff,” Crump said. “Every time I go to court, I win. I beat it.”

Crump...pfftt. Save it for the Judge, imo

bbm~ sounds to me like she lied and George was glad the judge didn't buy it. It's not like that is completely unheard of in a dispute between ex's...particularly young ones.

There is no band wagon. We don't know what motivated GZ to become a community vigilante...but time will tell...

Some of us do believe that it is possible that GZ didn't concern himself with how he stopped the @$$holes and that it is highly possible that he wasn't concerned with what might happen if "his suspect" died.

I think some of us do know what motivated him but I don't think his myspace had anything to do with it. JMO

Well that's awfully telling - just how much is Crump influencing the prosecution? He's no part of this case - maybe he means the civil case?

Well that's awfully telling - just how much is Crump influencing the prosecution? He's no part of this case - maybe he means the civil case?

Just how much is O'Mara tainting the jury pool with his many appearances in the media and his sweeping social media?

I certainly hope there is a civil suit after Zimmerman's conviction.

JMO

I believe he was saying, what is quoted is what GZ thinks. GZ always gets away with it. Whenever GZ goes to court, GZ wins. :waitasec:

Crump is not part of the prosecution and not influencing anyone. Do you really think he could influence Corey? <modsnip>

Crump...pfftt. Save it for the Judge, imo

bbm~ sounds to me like she lied and George was glad the judge didn't buy it. It's not like that is completely unheard of in a dispute between ex's...particularly young ones.

....or as in G's words particularly ex-hoes,that need to be broken down.....

The MS "About Me" section is a place where one presents a cameo of who they are. His long commentary is chock full of his ideology and for whatever reason is what GZ wanted the public to see. His MS page is wide open. MS offers privacy, friends only viewing, limited viewing, etc but his is wide open.

It may be true that he got his Moniker from lyrics to a rap song yet it is the meaning behind his choice that indicates what he wants to use to represent his persona. For that MS page, it is about being or sounding "Hard" (a modern day version of "tough.")

In the context of the above, if he had truly "turned his life around," then why was he still modifying the page up until December 2010 (the music section was modified then) and why leave it "public?"

IMPO, the MS page and the dates he visited that page are relevant to the manner in which GZ chose to represent himself...even at age 26 or 27... when he had a chance to modify his "About Me" status and he didn't.

It is just another piece to the large puzzle that makes the whole of who GZ was and may still be.

All theories about who GZ is and what his motivation, that night, was have yet to be proven. I am open to the possibilities only one of which might be that he had something to prove to his friends, his neighbors, the police, his father, etc and that he knew full well that the person he was after might end up dead.

If he really never thought TM might end up dead then he was simply naive. I have a hard time believing that.

I believe he was saying, what is quoted is what GZ thinks. GZ always gets away with it. Whenever GZ goes to court, GZ wins. :waitasec:

Crump is not part of the prosecution and not influencing anyone. Do you really think he could influence Corey? :floorlaugh:

BBM

No, I think there are other factors that are influencing Corey IMO.

The MS "About Me" section is a place where one presents a cameo of who they are. His long commentary is chock full of his ideology and for whatever reason is what GZ wanted the public to see. His MS page is wide open. MS offers privacy, friends only viewing, limited viewing, etc but his is wide open.

It may be true that he got his Moniker from lyrics to a rap song yet it is the meaning behind his choice that indicates what he wants to use to represent his persona. For that MS page, it is about being or sounding "Hard" (a modern day version of "tough.")

In the context of the above, if he had truly "turned his life around," then why was he still modifying the page up until December 2010 (the music section was modified then) and why leave it "public?"

IMPO, the MS page and the dates he visited that page are relevant to the manner in which GZ chose to represent himself...even at age 26 or 27... when he had a chance to modify his "About Me" status and he didn't.

It is just another piece to the large puzzle that makes the whole of who GZ was and may still be.

All theories about who GZ is and what his motivation, that night, was have yet to be proven. I am open to the possibilities only one of which might be that he had something to prove to his friends, his neighbors, the police, his father, etc and that he knew full well that the person he was after might end up dead.

If he really never thought TM might end up dead then he was simply naive. I have a hard time believing that.

And yet nothing that has been found out about him, even this MS page, speaks to him being a murderer or having the tendency of being a murderer. IMO.

And yet nothing that has been found out about him, even this MS page, speaks to him being a murderer or having the tendency of being a murderer. IMO.

Well, he wasn't a murderer when he did that MS. He still isn't a convicted one.

What kind of Myspace should a murderer have?

JMO but I don't know many murderers from whose Myspace I could have told that they were murderers, at least not without the benefit of hindsight so it doesn't really mean that much to me. Some of them have been troublingly normal... I've seen some disturbing ones but they were not all associated with known murderers.

JMO but I don't know many murderers from whose Myspace I could have told that they were murderers, at least not without the benefit of hindsight so it doesn't really mean that much to me. Some of them have been troublingly normal... I've seen some disturbing ones but they were not all associated with known murderers.

Ben Fawley's is the closest one I've seen and he did murder Taylor Behl.

I would think if there was violent writings, things of that nature, it would lead to someone who had tendencies to commit violence such as murder.

I would think if there was violent writings, things of that nature, it would lead to someone who had tendencies to commit violence such as murder.

Yeah, possibly. Some of that could be just immature posing or song lyrics or an outlet for psychiatric problems which don't necessarily manifest themselves as overt physical aggression. Videos of animal torture and setting things on fire, threatening poses with guns and combat gear with the caption "Hamilton high school, people are gonna DIE two hours from now", I'd definitely be worried.

But then there are all the murderers who killed someone and everybody says, I would never have thought, he wouldn't have hurt a fly, I never had any problems with him, he was just a polite neighbor, always helped the chicken cross the street, he was an A student and a good worker, etc. .

I don't think their myspaces would be like that at all. Maybe they just snapped and they're not that disturbed ALL the time, or they're just too clever to give themselves away on Myspace.

Agreed. He comes across to me as inadequate, a wannabe. He's obsessed with power and authority. He tried to join the military, the police; why did they not admit him?

I never considered that he reveals his ideology on that page, but he does. It's akin to the photo he had on the realGZ site of graffiti, "Long Live Zimmerman", wherein he praised those supporters who had vandalized a black cultural centre in Ohio. The military and cops rejected him so he wants to be a , to be part of a gang or perhaps, just to have their power. He does possess a powercentric ideology. But nobody wanted him except loser/wannabes until he murdered Trayvon Martin. Oh and the neighbourhood watch, an easy mark, but even then you weren't supposed to carry a gun while on patrol.

His realGZ site was very telling in that he immersed himself in interacting with his supporters despite his attorneys; he was finally visible and his supporters legitimised him. He was finally "king". IMO.

I think GZ was naive enough to think he could handle the situation when he was asked not to do so by LE. It's just ironic that he was arrested for pushing an officer back in 2005 and now he claims that this is what happened with TM while he, GZ, was acting on behalf of the NWP. I guess GZ felt he was in a position of authority when clearly he was not. Who knows what TM thought???? I sure would like to know where they found TM's phone. jmo

Yeah, possibly. Some of that could be just immature posing or song lyrics or an outlet for psychiatric problems which don't necessarily manifest themselves as overt physical aggression. Videos of animal torture and setting things on fire, threatening poses with guns and combat gear with the caption "Hamilton high school, people are gonna DIE two hours from now", I'd definitely be worried.

But then there are all the murderers who killed someone and everybody says, I would never have thought, he wouldn't have hurt a fly, I never had any problems with him, he was just a polite neighbor, always helped the chicken cross the street, he was an A student and a good worker, etc. .

I don't think their myspaces would be like that at all. Maybe they just snapped and they're not that disturbed ALL the time, or they're just too clever to give themselves away on Myspace.

All true, which in term leads me to think that this MS page doesn't tell anything to me as far as having an understanding to what led to the actions of Feb 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998