Reaction score
State vs. Jason Lynn Young

Thread for Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012

Live links:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index

breakfast2.jpg

http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/breakfast2.jpg

Enjoy the noms, and please continue treating one another respectfully.

I have been curious about the weapon used, thanks for posting the link to the 'Life Hammer', ironic! But it seems to me that due to the extent of the wounds it seems to me he would have needed more leverage, maybe not I have never held one of those life hammers in my hand so maybe that could cause those types of injuries?

While we are waiting for action to start today it is my opinion it would benefit everyone following along here to go back and read / re-read the following search warrant. For me it sheds some light on why the PT has asked some questions for the Y family that they have that we have found out of place. Also, note that the HP shoe print was so rare that that even the FBI in Quantico, VA did not have it in their database initially. Good to know. I hope the jury reads this document carefully.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/11/06/3914018/20081106190923866.pdf

Yesterday we learned:

1. When JY wasn't busy cheating, lying, misrepresenting, berating, beating, or the like, he wasn't a bad guy.
2. MY bought lifeforce (or whatever the name) hammers for herself and JY. They found hers in her car, but did not find JY's in his. Don't see that helping defense, or going far for PT team either.
3. KY lives in or around Raleigh, yet isn't testifying. Will the jury wonder why? Probably shouldn't.
4. There's a fingerprint in a shoebox. More to learn today.
5. People fall a lot in the mountains.

Yesterday was not, I'm sure, the DT's A game for evidence. Still, their direct exams flowed along, IMO, in terms of the attorney part. The questions are clear and smoothly stated.

For those of you with dogs - what would Mr. G be doing if he heard the struggle and murder going on

1 ...if the murderer is JY and

2...an unknown person

Can anyone explain what/where they believe was happening with Mr. G?

For those of you with dogs - what would Mr. G be doing if he heard the struggle and murder going on

1 ...if the murderer is JY and

2...an unknown person

Can anyone explain what/where they believe was happening with Mr. G?

I have a black lab mix dog and I am certain he would not lay around sleeping while my husband beat me to death.

A couple of years ago, we were in the process of moving and left our dog at my brother-in-law's house while we were out house hunting out of town. One of his young adult daughters was having a violently sounding argument with her boyfriend in her bedroom and it got loud and our dog actually chewed through the door frame to try to get into the room. And she was not his owner.

While we are waiting for action to start today it is my opinion it would benefit everyone following along here to go back and read / re-read the following search warrant. For me it sheds some light on why the PT has asked some questions for the Y family that they have that we have found out of place. Also, note that the HP shoe print was so rare that that even the FBI in Quantico, VA did not have it in their database initially. Good to know. I hope the jury reads this document carefully.

I could be wrong but I don't think the search warrants are introduced as evidence and the jury will not have access to them to read anything on them.

IMO

Thanks for the link AbyAM,

Many of JY's actions suggest to me a person who is guilty. One item I am curious about is the pillow case with the two footprints. If JY did this, and I believe there is no doubt, why would he leave the pillowcase if he packaged up other articles? Did he overlook this, did he leave because it would cause confusion? Any insight?

In last night's thread, Stella5 wrote: "MY had a lot of crescent shaped wounds on her... I've been trying to figure out what would have made that shape. When they addressed the lifehammer today I about fell out of my chair! My dad gave those to me & my sister when we had to drive from St. Louis to Louisville during some major flooding (yes I'm over 40 and my dad still buys me every life saving safety device on the planet!). I dropped the dang thing on my foot, broke my toe and had a crescent shaped cut on my toe. The PT asked HY if she knew Michelle had given one to JY as well, and she replied yes... but then they dropped it! It would make perfect sense to me that she had one for both her car and his. Hers was found... where is his? IMO it could very well have been used to cause all the injuries detailed in the autopsy report. "

Anyone think the PT will bring back someone from LE in rebuttle to specifically ask if Jay's lifehammer was found in his vehicle?

In last night's thread, Stella5 wrote: "MY had a lot of crescent shaped wounds on her... I've been trying to figure out what would have made that shape. When they addressed the lifehammer today I about fell out of my chair! My dad gave those to me & my sister when we had to drive from St. Louis to Louisville during some major flooding (yes I'm over 40 and my dad still buys me every life saving safety device on the planet!). I dropped the dang thing on my foot, broke my toe and had a crescent shaped cut on my toe. The PT asked HY if she knew Michelle had given one to JY as well, and she replied yes... but then they dropped it! It would make perfect sense to me that she had one for both her car and his. Hers was found... where is his? IMO it could very well have been used to cause all the injuries detailed in the autopsy report. "

Anyone think the PT will bring back someone from LE in rebuttle to specifically ask if Jay's lifehammer was found in his vehicle?

This can't be new information. Why didn't they bring it up in their case in chief? If the lifehammer was the weapon used, why didn't the medical examiner rule that in or out as the weapon used? I think this is more tactics to muddy up the water.

I have a black lab mix dog and I am certain he would not lay around sleeping while my husband beat me to death.

A couple of years ago, we were in the process of moving and left our dog at my brother-in-law's house while we were out house hunting out of town. One of his young adult daughters was having a violently sounding argument with her boyfriend in her bedroom and it got loud and our dog actually chewed through the door frame to try to get into the room. And she was not his owner.

I wonder if he locked the dog up and then let him out before he left! My retriever protected my daughter. she was jogging with the dog on a leash and a pit bull came out of know where and my dog jumped in front of my daughter and was bitten by the pit bull several times she had to go to vet. luckily a man saw it and grabbed a stick to fend off the dog. Dogs have a good instinct and i bet that dog would of protected MF being pregnant and all. moo

This can't be new information. Why didn't they bring it up in their case in chief? If the lifehammer was the weapon used, why didn't the medical examiner rule that in or out as the weapon used? I think this is more tactics to muddy up the water.

Agree.

There's a burning legal question awaiting your jurisprudence in the legal issues forum.

GM everyone, this may have already been said, but there is too much to read on here and so little time. Anyhoot, I was thinking yesterday about the Young family and their testimonies, and came to the conclusion that they are all a scheming bunch.

-JY veered off the road in the SUV accident to hurt MY and collect money in some fashion, he ended up collecting 17K
-JY made a commission on his sister's settlement.
-HY quit claim deed
-HY had some accident (??) and received a settlement, gave her poor brother 40k
-JY pays his sister 6k in rent a year later
-JY home warranty scheme
-PY and company scheming on the way to Merediths about lawyering up
-JY is worried about losing his home on the way to Merediths

I hope the prosecution grills PY, especially about the gifts and cards sent to CY that were returned, there is no excuse for that. KY is probably not a defense witness, hope the jury can pick up on this and wonder why she does not take the stand.

I could be wrong but I don't think the search warrants are introduced as evidence and the jury will not have access to them to read anything on them.

IMO

It's chilling that in the email exchange between JY and KY, she asks him how Cassidy will feel when she finds out he was fooling around on her mother. And Jason replies (paraphrase): "that will be a hard time for me....I don't know how she will 'feel'"

As usual, her feelings are secondary to the impact on himself.

I have a 70 lb Springer Spaniel. If a stranger comes to the door she goes crazy barking, snarling and snapping. However if anyone in the family yells or drops something she runs and hides. Go figure. :waitasec:

GM everyone, this may have already been said, but there is too much to read on here and so little time. Anyhoot, I was thinking yesterday about the Young family and their testimonies, and came to the conclusion that they are all a scheming bunch.

-JY veered off the road in the SUV accident to hurt MY and collect money in some fashion, he ended up collecting 17K
-JY made a commission on his sister's settlement.
-HY quit claim deed
-HY had some accident (??) and received a settlement, gave her poor brother 40k
-JY pays his sister 6k in rent a year later
-JY home warranty scheme
-PY and company scheming on the way to Merediths
-JY is worried about losing his home on the way to Merediths

I hope the prosecution grills PY, especially about the gifts and cards sent to CY that were returned, there is no excuse for that. KY is probably not a defense witness, hope the jury can pick up on this and wonder why she does not take the stand.

Yeah, and Heather (Kim?) drives the Lexus...

It's chilling that in the email exchange between JY and KY, she asks him how Cassidy will feel when she finds out he was fooling around on her mother. And Jason replies (paraphrase): "that will be a hard time for me....I don't know how she will 'feel'"

As usual, her feelings are secondary to the impact on himself.

IMO, people like JY (or what he appears to be to me) don't have the capacity to care for or about others. It's all about them and no one else matters. I think that is in large part why so many of us can not understand his actions or lack thereof. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he doesn't understand why people think any of his actions raise any suspicions.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members