Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the Today show keep giving these nitwits airtime? They said nothing of any news value. Oh, they want a "secret" venue and the "science" is suspect. But everything about their defense is off limits to protect their innocent client. I wonder if their defense is going to be Casey naming someone else who actually killed Caylee and her lies were to protect this person.

I'm not getting the Hitler thing at all. I see no correlations at all. I can't think of anyone to compare Baez to. Never heard of an attorney hawking pictures of a murdered baby on behalf of the sociopath who killed the baby so he and his buddies can paid big time $$$$$$$$$. Who do you draw that correlation to?

Well, now that you mention it, I suppose I could see how one might see profiteering from the victim of a horrible crime to correlate to the Nazi practice of taking everything from their victims to fuel their deplorable deeds. Down to pillaging the body after death to remove the gold fillings and crowns. You don't suppose this is what LKB was refering to do you?

That was one of the first times I actually heard Baez say my client is "innocent".Hmmmn, and we wondered whether or not the defense ever came on here.:)

I'm not getting the Hitler thing at all. I see no correlations at all. I can't think of anyone to compare Baez to. Never heard of an attorney hawking pictures of a murdered baby on behalf of the sociopath who killed the baby so he and his buddies can paid big time $$$$$$$$$. Who do you draw that correlation to?

P.T.Barnum and his circus-clowns and all!!:furious:

L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

Casey is innocent and they won't disclose their defense strategy.

They say the forensics that LE is putting forward "may not be science."

Today is NBC.

Abra-cadabra! Hocus-Pocus! Ala-Kazaammmm!

*poof*

Deathband & decomp.

It's Magic!

The hilter / Bin Laden thing is not supposed to mean anything, just make headlines. The statement in and of itself is just very elementary "everyone hates us" to make people ask themselves why they hate them and I guess try to see their perspective.

I don't hate them, and I know others on this board don't hate them either. At worst I'm annoyed, and sometimes frustrated. Nobody wants Baez dead. They just want him to shut up every once in a while.

He is probably making money off this interview.

Remember how Ann Coulter got started? She was a lawyer in a very public court case. She took that fame and started writting outrageous books & now she's richer than every lawyer in America. Wouldn't be surprised to see Baez pull a Coulter.

Instead of appearing on TV shows, shouldn't they be preparing for trial. I guess they will also be on Geraldo this weekend. I'm getting itchy for the trial and conviction. Enough of the theatrics.

There is no trial to prepare for. IK for a fact all the defense will be is "she's innocent- science isnt always 100%- are we done yet?"

I am just not getting the defense strategy. Why would you compare yourselves and the accused to two of the most vile, evil and hated people known to humanity? Not a smart move if you ask me, but I guess it is par. moo

The hilter / Bin Laden thing is not supposed to mean anything, just make headlines. The statement in and of itself is just very elementary "everyone hates us" to make people ask themselves why they hate them and I guess try to see their perspective.

I don't hate them, and I know others on this board don't hate them either. At worst I'm annoyed, and sometimes frustrated. Nobody wants Baez dead. They just want him to shut up every once in a while.

He is probably making money off this interview.

Remember how Ann Coulter got started? She was a lawyer in a very public court case. She took that fame and started writting outrageous books & now she's richer than every lawyer in America. Wouldn't be surprised to see Baez pull a Coulter.

You beat me to it (Coulter)...I was thinking the exact same thing! Also, with reference to Hitler & BinLaden, I think they're using high impact known terrorist names for the public to remember that they're public enemy #1 (even though Hitler isn't with us anymore). If a lawyer simply states the comparison of KC & JB to being public enemy #1, then whose going to remember that? The public will just laugh. If they remember those names being mentioned as compared to these high profile known criminals, then the public will remember it.

IMO defense is looking for a forum to taint a jury pool and the Today show keeps giving Baez his airtime and the venue he needs to make an impression on any potential jurors out there. He also needs to be on tv to hawk the rights to a dead baby's pictures so he can get paid and keep whatever $$$$$ promises have been made to the dream team. Infuriating to listen to....

"Both Baden & JB believe that Casey is 100% innocent, and that it will be proven in court"... Of course they have to say this, but I honestly think they believe this too.

Way to bad JB didn't seek a speedy trial so we could get on with it already!

What in the world could they possibly have, as far as evidence is concerned, that will prove this.....with the "dream team" that they have put together, there's no way they could have anything but smoke & mirrors to put up against the real evidence, or is there :waitasec:

L. Baden and Baez are going to be on. They are comparing Casey's case/defense to "The Fugitive".

So Casey spent 31 days looking for the one-armed man? I thought she was looking for Zanny in TL's bed, at Fusian, and at Target? Silly me.

Instead of appearing on TV shows, shouldn't they be preparing for trial. I guess they will also be on Geraldo this weekend. I'm getting itchy for the trial and conviction. Enough of the theatrics.

Bolded: My thoughts exactly.

And I hope none of these offers for buying Caylee's pictures are taken up. I have a feeling some of these naive tv programs will give in to it for their own ratings but I feel Caylee has been exploited much more than necessary. I hope her memorial goes well next week. I hope it's peaceful but with the circus side shows going on, I don't know if that's possible. :(

And as for the comparison of JB & KC to Bin Laden & Hitler is so true, IMO. Both Bin Laden & Hitler are/were guilty of the most heinous crimes in the world. I think JB is just guilty of being naive enough to think he could handle such a spectacle! LOL!

Well, now that you mention it, I suppose I could see how one might see profiteering from the victim of a horrible crime to correlate to the Nazi practice of taking everything from their victims to fuel their deplorable deeds. Down to pillaging the body after death to remove the gold fillings and crowns. You don't suppose this is what LKB was refering to do you?

Oh I should have thought of that. Yes, ripping the teeth from the people they murdered in the gas chambers to get the gold fillings for $$$$. That's the correlation.

Thanks, Maedchen!

That was one of the first times I actually heard Baez say my client is "innocent".Hmmmn, and we wondered whether or not the defense ever came on here.:)

I do remember he said it one other time, after the last court hearing on the motions he had just filed. He said, I know you aren't going to like hearing this, but she (KC) wants her day in court. She is innocent.

I haven't watched the Today show yet. I've tivo'd it and am going to watch right now. Hopefully, it was just a clip of him saying that before and not him saying it again today.
I don't think I could handle it, if this becomes his new slogan and we had to hear it all the time.

For a team that wants a change of venue due to the increased publicity in the Orlando area, going on national TV and trying to sell photos would seem to me to be the polar opposite.

Innocent? They really believe that she's innocent? Bologne!
I can't wait to hear their defense of this innocent mother, that didn't mention to anyone on this earth that her 2 year old had been kidnapped!
This is so so crazy! Too crazy!

I guess we now know that Casey's reported prayers heard in jail are prayers that the 12 jurors will believe a big bunch of garbage!

IMO defense is looking for a forum to taint a jury pool and the Today show keeps giving Baez his airtime and the venue he needs to make an impression on any potential jurors out there. He also needs to be on tv to hawk the rights to a dead baby's pictures so he can get paid and keep whatever $$$$$ promises have been made to the dream team. Infuriating to listen to....

Welcome, tzee !!!
I agree wholeheartedly. Infuriating is right!:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members