Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it is unbelievable, simply because he had alternative child care available when he was supposed to be making this trip to the community college. It would have made more sense for him to leave Bianca at home with his girlfriend and her half sister while driving the 15 yr old to school and making the stop at the community college and THEN stopping back to pick up Bianca and go to her moms.

Respectfully, as a never married single parent, I'll refrain from replying about childrens behavior made by those who have not parented and are not walking in the shoes of a parent.

jmo

I agree, it would've made more sense. However, IMOO, the father's actions seem to indicate that he is more concerned with himself and his agenda than what might've been better for his kid(s).

I am aware of that as there are several colleges here with alternate campus locations. Being DL lives in the city, and being he was near the River Front, I am assuming he was planning on attending the Down Town campus.

Sorry, I'm catching up...how do they know he was at the River Front?? Thanks.

I know that we're less than a week into this case, but local media websites are not highlighting this story on their front pages. Channel 4 hasn't updated their website since yesterday, and I had to go to "local" news on the Detroit News site. I hope there's something about Bianca on the news at noon and that this isn't going to turn into yet another cold case and a missing (or deceased) child who is never found :(

Sorry, I'm catching up...how do they know he was at the River Front?? Thanks.

DL is seen on surveillance video at the downtown campus of Wayne County Community College.

http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/aideligibility.jsp?tab=funding

"The Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended (HEA) suspends aid eligibility for students who have been convicted under federal or state law of the sale or possession of drugs, if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, and/or work-study). If you have a conviction(s) for these offenses, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or click here to complete the "Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet" to find out how this law applies to you."

"If you have lost federal student aid eligibility due to a drug conviction, you can regain eligibility if you pass two unannounced drug tests conducted by a drug rehabilitation program that complies with criteria established by the U.S. Department of Education."

It also goes on to point out that even if you're no longer eligible for federal financial aid, you may still be eligible for state aid (depending on the state).

Does anyone know if there are state provisions for financial aid for fathers who have been trying to get their life back on track for eight years?

Honestly,
I stood and applauded after NG tonight..she was on that dude and his atty..like a cheap suit and shoes 2 sizes too small. I have never seen an interview like that....where someone who deserved a reeming actually got one. The last time I heard someone speak like DL was Scott Peterson..with his voice all "constricted"..and down in his throat.
DL was worse..with all the guilt..he sounded like a goat sitting on a washing machine....I thought he was going to pass out.
Interview for DL=epic fail..for the public it was very informative..
Anyone else see a pattern here..I'm starting to believe, anyone squawking about LE treating them unfairly..usually has some sort of criminal record..(IMO)

Does anyone know if there are state provisions for financial aid for fathers who have been trying to get their life back on track for eight years?

He should have started by buying and using some condoms. Or having a vasectomy.

I know that we're less than a week into this case, but local media websites are not highlighting this story on their front pages. Channel 4 hasn't updated their website since yesterday, and I had to go to "local" news on the Detroit News site. I hope there's something about Bianca on the news at noon and that this isn't going to turn into yet another cold case and a missing (or deceased) child who is never found :(

Are the searches continuing? Surely they'll be covered...

The one thing I like about the dad going on NG is that maybe that will make it harder for the news to "forget" her. I think that Mom's family has a good start, with the t-shirts.

It may depend upon what classes are offered at which locations (based on my experience in a CC and other higher-Ed places). Does that help?

Earlier you mentioned Criminal Rehabilitation programs...Do you know if they are purely financial, or what kind of requirements there might be to receive the aid? I checked the Financial options link on the page Cubby linked above.

Thats true. I believe that he would have attended the classes there though being he stated "Education" as his career path. Waynes Downtown Campus is the place for that.

Sorry, As far as the Criminal Rehab program I have no knowledge of what may be available in Detroit area. The story I was watching on the news was referring to an organization formed for such a program but the story was also related to some questionable/corrupt findings regarding a local politican. One Organization he was reported to be a part of was related to Criminal Rehabiliation.

The for eight years thing is odd. He spent two years incarcerated AFTER he had several children and did not take the opportunity to educate himself during that time?

Something tells me everything this man does is reactive rather than proactive.

I pray Bianca is found soon.

I wonder if D'Andre gave LE the correct route he drove that morning. If he is 'innocent' as he proclaims, he should have NO problem going over that route.

Interesting he wasn't anxious to provide that info on NG or in any of the interviews that I am aware of. Without working computer speakers, I may have missed it.

LE needs the route he traveled that morning. I think she'll be found along that route. And..
I would not be surprised to find she is found with evidence of being badly beaten. :(

I wonder if the college uses the FAFSA...a lot of schools do now, it's the only program that many will use to determine financial aid. You cannot apply for loans through FAFSA with any drug possession or felony charge.

He could get private loans, but that would require him to have a decent credit score, and that doesn't happen when you're poor, usually.

One of the only ways to beat this is to provide a certain number or a certain time period worth of clean drug screens and no further problems with the law.

I went and checked my paperwork.

ETA: He might not have had to print any financial aid paperwork from home. The paperwork that he needed might have related to his convictions, sentencings, and criminal record since. Those are the things that a financial aid officer would have had to see in order to determine if he was eligible for any type of financial aid at all.

I am in college too, and am wondering what papers he would have to present. I my case, everything has been online. I only had to bring in a tax form to be copied.

We really don't know that he went there to check on anything....says he forgot his briefcase....so didn't go in. Maybe he was just scoping out the place to see if it was a good place to put a body....

I think if nothing else DL has shown that his logic is flawed. first, by admitting that he used a paddle on a two year old. That likely will bring CPS involvement, since the MI statute for spanking is to srtike the child lightly, with only an open hand, on the buttocks only, and the contact can not leave a mark of any type. He admitted to paddling her with an object, which is illegal.

Also, let's look at the thought process here: You want your very young child, who is still of a perfectly acceptable age to still be in diapers, to start potty training, so when she has an accident, you hit her on the butt with a paddle, which will only serve to hurt her butt and make her less likely to want to sit on it to use the potty. Brilliant. Really showing that community college education there, and setting yourself up for a wonderful future in teaching or social work, or whatever other profession you come up with off the top of your head that makes you sound like a genuinely good person.

bolded by me.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with everything you say!
I'd be afraid to have this guy teach my kids (if I had any). What wisdom on earth does he have to pass along to the next generation?

Honestly,
I stood and applauded after NG tonight..she was on that dude and his atty..like a cheap suit and shoes 2 sizes too small. I have never seen an interview like that....where someone who deserved a reeming actually got one. The last time I heard someone speak like DL was Scott Peterson..with his voice all "constricted"..and down in his throat.
DL was worse..with all the guilt..he sounded like a goat sitting on a washing machine....I thought he was going to pass out.
Interview for DL=epic fail..for the public it was very informative..
Anyone else see a pattern here..I'm starting to believe, anyone squawking about LE treating them unfairly..usually has some sort of criminal record..(IMO)

I'm usually pizzed at Nancy Grace for interrupting her guests or panel, but last night I was yelling at Terry Johnson to STFU!!! :D

With all due respect, that is not the unbelievable part of this story. :crazy: But I wish it was. Maybe I'm super-sensitive to this because I don't have or want children, but parents drag their kids to all kinds of places that are ridiculously inappropriate and act surprised that they, omg, act like children!

Don't mean to be rude or offensive to anyone. I believe that if you are a parent and you're here advocating for children, you're not the kind of "parent" that I'm complaining about.

Maybe since you don't have children, it's harder for you to realize that small children need to be taken places like that to be socialized properly, and learn how to behave. :)

It's not that clear what he was doing there - was he just asking very brief questions, picking up forms, etc? In that case, it's great to have a toddler with him - kids absolutely need the stimulation of meeting strangers and being in different environments. I would think a financial aid office would be used to parents with young children coming in -

Plus, outings are fun for parents and little kids. Gives him a chance for some one on one time with her, without his girlfriend and the child's sister.

I'm usually pizzed at Nancy Grace for interrupting her guests or panel, but last night I was yelling at Terry Johnson to STFU!!! :D

Me too. I took a loooong break, from her because of it. But I got a tweet from HLN about the show last night and I'm glad I caught it.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned--I just started following this case and haven't read all of the first thread--but does anyone else think that the sketch of the alleged perp looks like DL, if he was wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes? Maybe I'm offbase, but it seems as if sometimes guilty parties describe themselves to the sketch artist without realizing it.

I'm sure that Wayne would use FAFSA,every other local college here does. I 'm familiar with the process as I was a FAFSA college student for a time years back.

I'm a FAFSA student, as well, and I know at the beginning there is a place to find the number of your school and it indicates all schools using FAFSA. If I recall, FAFSA is not ONE particular source of aid, but is information used to find which financial aid program the applicant qualifies for.

I fill out my FAFSA each year and they come back and tell me which programs (loans, grants, etc.) will cover.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned--I just started following this case and haven't read all of the first thread--but does anyone else think that the sketch of the alleged perp looks like DL, if he was wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes? Maybe I'm offbase, but it seems as if sometimes guilty parties describe themselves to the sketch artist without realizing it.

Several of us have commented on this, so you're not alone in your thinking. Nancy Grace referred to the sketch as "a generic black man".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans