Long reddish haired girl with blue beaded red necklace

Why? I think it looks like her a lot.

ETA: I read the post that was linked to by CarlK. While he is great at what he does here at WS, I have to say that I have seen him do an overlay (I can dig up the post) where it was nearly identical yet the girl turned out not to be the doe. So, I don't know if that's enough to eliminate her, she looks a lot like Lynn.

Why? I think it looks like her a lot.

ETA: I read the post that was linked to by CarlK. While he is great at what he does here at WS, I have to say that I have seen him do an overlay (I can dig up the post) where it was nearly identical yet the girl turned out not to be the doe. So, I don't know if that's enough to eliminate her, she looks a lot like Lynn.

The example you've cited (finding a match where there isn't one, really) is a false positive. I can see where the test he does, good as it is, could easily generate some percentage of those. False negatives (finding no match where there is one) figure to be rare. The underlying bone structures don't change much.

I thought at first he HAD messed up the test, because the two heads are different sizes. But, on a more careful reading, the distance he's standardizing is nose-to-chin. I took a piece of paper and compared. They are exactly the same size, tip-of-nose to tip-of-chin. The Alacala subject's whole head comes out smaller. She has a bigger chin.

WildHuncher is right. The trace-line test that I was using is much more effective to prove a non-match than it is to prove a match. I came up with several instances where there appeared to be perfect alignment of the facial features only to find out that it wasn't a match.

But I still believe it is a good tool to demonstrate a non-match, but if you are going to use the chin and nose as alignment points, you have to be sure that both persons have their teeth clinched in the photos.

BTW, Lynne does have very similar individual features to the girl in the Alcala photo, especially the nose and eyes, but IMO, Lynn has a much smaller chin and rounder face.

Here is another way of looking at it. I've aligned their eyes and noses in this overlay.

If you focus just on their eyes and nose, the transition looks fairly seamless. But their facial shapes are much different. The Alcala girl's chin is much larger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-EHEPmnkQ

Thanks for the info, guys. I wasn't sure.

Looking at it now, I do see that Lynn's chin is a lot shorter. It's definately something that needs a 'trained eye' because on my first inspection, they looked the same.

Is the girl posing for Alcala thought to be dead or just is unknown? By the third photo the poor lass looks very unhappy.

I realize this is an older topic, however I had come across it yesterday and the photo absolutely haunted me even more than the others for some reason. Earlier today another case that has haunted me for years popped up and I could not shake the similarities in the two photos of the young women. The other missing girl is Sara Ann Woods. I tried and compared the pictures the best to my ability ( which is not so great) and to me the smile, teeth, eyes, thickness and wave to hair all make sence. The UID girl looks older of course, maybe 16-18. She appears frightened , but familiar to a point with her capture. I never believed Sara was deceased, but still out there somewhere. What do you think? I wish we could freeze time and reach out and save all of these children from these sick predators. Until then , Thanks for all you do.

I realize this is an older topic, however I had come across it yesterday and the photo absolutely haunted me even more than the others for some reason. Earlier today another case that has haunted me for years popped up and I could not shake the similarities in the two photos of the young women. The other missing girl is Sara Ann Woods. I tried and compared the pictures the best to my ability ( which is not so great) and to me the smile, teeth, eyes, thickness and wave to hair all make sence. The UID girl looks older of course, maybe 16-18. She appears frightened , but familiar to a point with her capture. I never believed Sara was deceased, but still out there somewhere. What do you think? I wish we could freeze time and reach out and save all of these children from these sick predators. Until then , Thanks for all you do.

Hi jaded!

Sara Ann Wood went missing in 1993. Alcala has been incarcerated since 1979.

I was thinking this girl too looks somewhat similar?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

trlica_mary.jpg
trlica_mary2.jpg
this girl though looks older than the red necklace girl.
This poor child who has the red necklace on looks no older than 13 to me so I am guessing she was around
11-14 at most....

I think this girl looks like a younger version of the Alcala pic girl. Thoughts?

2lk5itx.jpg

Here is the overlay mirrored, and aligned on the chin and nose. It doesn't line up that well.

2244165100045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

A 15 year old is still in that awkward growth stage as far as the cheeks/chin/jaw line are concerned. Her eyes (width apart and shape) haven't changed, and the shape of her nose hasn't, either. The length between the nose and bottom lip would be different since the Alcala girl has her face relaxed instead of a smile.

Has anyone called this in? If only to rule the missing girl out as possibility being the girl in the Alcala pic.

Just posting all the pics of this girl in one post, if possible, since I'm such a latecomer to this case and most pic links have broken by now (I was pretty sure there were more than 3 of this girl, I will have to check other websites later to see):

Picture%20108222525--415x415.jpg

Picture%20120223038--415x415.jpg

Picture%20114223021--415x415.jpg

Okay. I am completely new to this. but the similarities to Lisa joy White are haunting. Has this ever truly been ruled Out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back