South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, this made my blood boil...I want to know if he's still in school!

Kati Hench (not verified)
at 08:38 on March 30th, 2010

i go to South Hadley HS. The biggest jerk Sean Mulveyhill, is now like uber-cool in our school. He still has his facebook page and brags about all his 600+ friends on it. He struts around being cool and brags about all the "chicks" who can't get enough of him. We all know he's on steroids it's common fact but whatever. His friends started a group on facebook "Sean Mulveyhill is Not How He's Portrayed!". Great. It's all BS and i am so sick of how him and his followers keep getting off scott free well not anymore at least some of them are in trouble.oh and if you want something else to look at they also started the "I support Mr. Dan Smith of SHHS" group. lots of drama on there. it never ends i swear.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/phoe...h-school-students-bullying-crime-2598302.html

Oh boy...Dr. Phil is hopping aboard...

Brooke Turner
Hi, I work at the Dr. Phil Show and we are working on putting together a show on Bullying, more particularly Phoebe's story - if you or someone you know might be interested in speaking out about her story, or your own story as a bully or dealing w/bullying, send me a message and I'd be happy to give you more information about what we're doing. Thanks

from a page supporting Dan Smith...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Hadley-MA/I-SUPPORT-MR-DAN-SMITH-OF-SHHS/339398485208

No one dies from one small cut...but Phoebe endured a death by a thousand "cuts." The difference between one bee sting and a swarm of a thousand stinging bees...it's fatal.

But a "Death by a thousand Cuts" means there were many , many opportunities to STOP what happened. There were many , many opportunities to save Phoebe. School officials are more than negligent here...they are essentially conspirators...because THEY CHOSE not to stop the torture.

Why?

Who are these "children?" Special athletes? Children of friends or prominent local families?

Here's how this could have been ended IMMEDIATELY. Call in Kayla and Sean....Flanney and her Boyfriend....remind them that as athletes they are leaders. As leaders , they are RESPONSIBLE. Tell them, starting TODAY, any action against this girl BY ANYONE...will have you sit out a game. Three actions...you two are off your teams. For those not on a team. Any action means YOU have detention...three actions YOU are suspended. All the wannabees tormented Phoebe to impress these "leaders" and show loyalty.

IMMEDIATELY after the suicide, the correct names were on the Internet. Phoebe's mother no doubt gave them names too. This is FULL OUT dereliction of duty! nothing hard here...except earning YOUR PAY!

This was no "suicide"...it was "Death by a Thousand cuts"over three long months... as these school officials drew a paycheck and did nothing.

I hope there will be civil suits in this case. It is intolerable that anyone should be required BY LAW or financial circumstances to return day after day to a place of torment enabled by neglect.

Paladine, I want to thank you for your dedication to this thread. I struggled to find info on this case a few weeks ago but now I have much right at my fingertips. Thank you.

After following the the myspace mother case....link here : http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1248055/myspace_mom_lori_drew_found_not_guilty.html?cat=17

where the mom posed as an ex boyfriend to Meier and told her that the world would be a better place without her, after which the young girl committed suicide within an hour of the break-up....the mom was found guilty of 3 misdemeanor charges and no felonies, I personally did not feel like that was justice for the young girl or her family. After following that case, then hearing about the charges in this case, I knew there must be some pretty far reaching, deep things involved with this case and the things that were said and done to Phoebe. I was preparing myself for the shock of what these kids said and did to her. I didn't prepare myself enough!

Paladine, I want to thank you for your dedication to this thread. I struggled to find info on this case a few weeks ago but now I have much right at my fingertips. Thank you.

After following the the myspace mother case....link here : http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1248055/myspace_mom_lori_drew_found_not_guilty.html?cat=17

where the mom posed as an ex boyfriend to Meier and told her that the world would be a better place without her, after which the young girl committed suicide within an hour of the break-up....the mom was found guilty of 3 misdemeanor charges and no felonies, I personally did not feel like that was justice for the young girl or her family. After following that case, then hearing about the charges in this case, I knew there must be some pretty far reaching, deep things involved with this case and the things that were said and done to Phoebe. I was preparing myself for the shock of what these kids said and did to her. I didn't prepare myself enough!

The woman in the Meier case did not herself send the messages. And she was also acquitted of the misdemeanor charges by the judge.

Perfect! Unrelated but precedent setting, we can hope...

"Federal Jury Orders School District to Pay Student for Ignoring Pattern of Bullying"
School districts across America may now have to be more vigilant about student bullying and harassment in the wake of a landmark court case in Michigan. Hudson Area Schools has been ordered to pay a former student $800,000 for ignoring Dane Patterson’s repeated complaints about students who taunted and subjected him to humiliating behavior.

http://www.allgov.com/Controversies...udent_for_Ignoring_Pattern_of_Bullying_100401

HOW can he defend it when a Girl's dead?

"Mass. school head defends response to bullying"

A Massachusetts school superintendent is defending his administration's handling of bullying that prosecutors say contributed to a 15-year-old girl's suicide.

South Hadley Superintendent Gus Sayer said Wednesday that high school officials disciplined students heard to insult and harass Phoebe Prince. But he says the faculty didn't know the extent of the bullying until a week before Prince hanged herself on Jan. 14.

Sayer's comments contradict the allegations of District Attorney Elizabeth Scheibel, who said school officials knew about the harassment but did little to intervene.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jtSfPUlJn7oUv4nT-KF2Kqs7J6mQD9EQ7VG02

ETA: for reference, here's a bloggers take on Gus...warning though: language is a little spicy...amazing blog, lots of local info...

http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/gus-sayer-those-involved-have-been-disciplined/

Wasn't there a time when schools had respect for the law and D.A.'s? What's up with this? Afraid of being sued, perhaps?

"Schools head defends response to bullying, Rebuts prosecutor on teen’s suicide"

"That’s the first we learned of it, and we took very strong action,’’ he said. “We don’t have knowledge of any bullying or other incidents before that. No one turned their back on this. I think we did everything we could. If I thought I had done something wrong, I would resign. But I think we did our best.’’

Well then, Mr. Sayer...you did your BEST? THIS was your BEST? Then you need to be fired!
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...01/schools_head_defends_response_to_bullying/

HOW can he defend it when a Girl's dead?

"Mass. school head defends response to bullying"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jtSfPUlJn7oUv4nT-KF2Kqs7J6mQD9EQ7VG02

ETA: for reference, here's a bloggers take on Gus...warning though: language is a little spicy...amazing blog, lots of local info...

http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/gus-sayer-those-involved-have-been-disciplined/

How can you blame Superintendent Gus Sayer for failing to address this problem? I mean, they did the whole discipline thing to the students causing the insults/harassment to Phoebe Prince. *And*, they obviously only knew a week before the extent of this "issue" before Phoebe hanged herself. Which means, technically, they only had 5 days to deal with it. You know, the school week. Can you imagine the pressure? I can understand why they never contacted anyone, including Phoebe and her family, to make more of plan of support for her and provide the intolerance responsibility stated in the schools handbook.

:sick: Made me ill just typing this sarcastic crap I do not believe, but may have been actually rationalized by "them".

Fire the s.o.b. Then, hold accountable the staff that were very much aware/witnesses to this. I'd sue the ***tards.

Wasn't there a time when schools had respect for the law and D.A.'s? What's up with this? Afraid of being sued, perhaps?

"Schools head defends response to bullying, Rebuts prosecutor on teen’s suicide"

Well then, Mr. Sayer...you did your BEST? THIS was your BEST? Then you need to be fired!
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...01/schools_head_defends_response_to_bullying/

All this rhetoric is nothing short of "protecting ones a$$". He and this schools administration will be made an example of. Let's help with that kind of pressure. Phoebe went through much worse than they are...

How can you blame Superintendent Gus Sayer for failing to address this problem? I mean, they did the whole discipline thing to the students causing the insults/harassment to Phoebe Prince. *And*, they obviously only knew a week before the extent of this "issue" before Phoebe hanged herself. Which means, technically, they only had 5 days to deal with it. You know, the school week. Can you imagine the pressure? I can understand why they never contacted anyone, including Phoebe and her family, to make more of plan of support for her and provide the intolerance responsibility stated in the schools handbook.

:sick: Made me ill just typing this sarcastic crap I do not believe, but may have been actually rationalized by "them".

Fire the s.o.b. Then, hold accountable the staff that were very much aware/witnesses to this. I'd sue the ***tards.

I've read unsubstantiated reports bullying was reported in Nov/09, please...don't ask me where, right now. ;) They may be rationalizing, separating the 2 bullying episodes. I've read, unconfirmed, that Phoebe dated 2 boys, at different times, which invoked the ire of other girls who had claimed ownership of them. Sayer may say, we dealt with the one last year, this was a new one, kinda deal. Thank goodness there will be a trial and the complaints made and who saw what WILL be exposed. I hope there's a civil suit, as well. Some light needs to shine into that town...for the kids sake.

All this rhetoric is nothing short of "protecting ones a$$". He and this schools administration will be made an example of. Let's help with that kind of pressure. Phoebe went through much worse than they are...

I'd be glad to help :)...we need to keep interest in this case alive, in any little way we can. I posted the link to this thread to that local bloggers page, run4chocolate...might get us some new info to work with. If someone from there, comes here, too...and, btw...

:Welcome-12-june: to any locals. :) (AND non-locals :) )Please feel free to join and post, you are most welcome...help us out here ;) Especially regarding the tie to the bullies and the admin. Why did they protect them so much? Why were they not punished? Was it the families? Was it sports, to preserve the teams? That's what I want to know, right now...

My daughter is living in Ireland and says this is a HUGE story over there- I've been sending her all your links - thanks so much for keeping this case front and center in Websleuths Paladine!

Along with being a sports star, it seems Miss Narey was quite the academic, as well. She can't claim stupidity. School newsletter from November announcing Narey had advanced scores in English and Math.

And Sean Mulveyhill won the Adams Scholarship, FREE tuition for 4 years at any MASS. college or university! Wonder how an expulsion or reprimand would have affected THAT! The announcement was signed "Mr. Dan Smith"...

It's a PDF...

http://www.shschools.com/shhs/documents/newsletters/November.pdf

My daughter is living in Ireland and says this is a HUGE story over there- I've been sending her all your links - thanks so much for keeping this case front and center in Websleuths Paladine!

You are welcome. My late Husband was Irish. An O'Kane. :) This touches my heart for him, too. He used to call me cushla ma cree (darling of my heart kinda thing)...pardon my gaelic. ;) Now...my heart aches for Phoebe...

Speculation> From what I've read, Sean Mulveyhill also bullied Phoebe. I find this particularily disturbing because she was intimate with him, young girls trust. I wonder how much he, and the other boy, used Phoebe as the excuse for why they messed with her. For example, something like, "It's HER fault, SHE'S a *advertiser censored*...WE couldn't help ourselves, she's just too easy." Once the star football captain turned on her, I'm sure even more would feel free to jump on board.

An observation. While searching for info, I'm finding ALOT of malicious sites. MANY more than any other case I've searched for. A simple seach of names doesn't seem to work. Unique words need to be used to avoid the bad sites. IMO, likely set up to try and detour us/the public from searching...HA! ;) They don't know us. ;)

An observation. While searching for info, I'm finding ALOT of malicious sites. MANY more than any other case I've searched for. A simple seach of names doesn't seem to work. Unique words need to be used to avoid the bad sites. IMO, likely set up to try and detour us/the public from searching...HA! ;) They don't know us. ;)

Thanks Paladine, for all your research.

I am so outraged by this case and the thoughts of the cruelty Phoebe faced for months while the school officials enabled it!

Thank you for all you are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member