17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it odd that he was looking for the behaviors listed in the handbook. And, GZ's story has been that he was looking for an address, not following TM with the intent of detaining him. IMO, he should have stayed in his car but I don't think the prosecution will be able to convincingly claim that GZ left his car with the intent to shoot TM. IMO, so far, the evidence is just not there.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Does the prosecution need to prove intent?

I agree. GZ called the police 46 times in 14 months. In a majority of the calls, he was in no direct danger, and neither was anyone else. Why is he not calling LE all of a sudden?

Nobody's really threatening him, except the Black Panther Party, and the few nutjobs on social media who have nothing better to do...

I wouldn't consider the threats online viable, but if someone contacted the family directly, that's different...

JMO MOO IMO

I believe that was 46 times over a period of 5 or 6 years. Possibily once he moved there but not in a year. jmo

Does the prosecution need to prove intent?

If Zimmerman plans to pursue SYG, won't it be up to him to prove that he was going to look for the address because the burden shifts to the defense if I'm understanding correctly?

~Jmo~

It's the prosecution's burden to prove their case.

It is my opinion, they are gonna have a really hard time proving 2nd degree murder to 12 jurors without a reasonable doubt.

The investigator already said, on the stand, they don't have evidence of certain things they are claiming.

JMO

Wow, when did I manage to reach 3000 posts? I let that little milestone slip right past me!! 3000 posts in 8 years...LOL! I wonder how many I had when I started posting on Trayvon's case? LOL.

It is my opinion, they are gonna have a really hard time proving 2nd degree murder to 12 juries without a reasonable doubt.

The investigator already said, on the stand, they don't have evidence of certain things they are claiming.

JMO

I don't think we know half of the evidence the Prosecutors have. They have to have something to be able to charge him with 2nd Degree Murder.

I have to have faith that Justice will be served for Trayvon!

The problem is that it states "after receiving multiple calls that there was a subject laying in the grass". When I reviewed the 911 calls just about every single one stated things like "in my backyard", "right behind me" etc. Thus the addresses being used are based on addresses given to the 911 dispatchers.

Thus it is not LE stating that this was where TM was. SFD was told to "stage" at one address.

As well if my calculations are correct we have not heard from 2 witnesses.

Thank you for your all your hard work on locating the altercation and TM's body.

Since there were four or more residences per building, do you think it's possible that residents were in the habit of referring to the green behind the entire building as "my backyard" or "behind my house"? Do we know whether the green areas were commonly held or whether each unit "owned" the grass directly behind it?

Each resident, of course, would give his or her own address to the dispatcher and the dispatcher would repeat the address given without being able to see the precise location of the body.

So, given what we know now, isn't it possible that TM's body was lying pretty much anywhere from the point where the sidewalks intersected down to the opposite end of the adjacent buildings?

I agree with you that the exact location is very important: the farther TM was from the cross of the "T", the less likely GZ's story becomes. And I assume that the first responders will be able to locate the body more precisely than the dispatchers who merely repeated what they were told.

I don't know anything more than what they tell us as to the location of TM's body. To me, I don't see how it can get more clear than what the SPD report says:

Untitled-1.png

And what the SFD dispatcher says that the body is "lying in the grass in the back yard of 2831 Retreat View Circle".

The SPD report narrative of Officer Smith also adds considerable reason to believe the location shown below is correct when he tells us two other things in the above narrative.

(1) He parked his squad car in front of 2821 Retreat View Circle

(2) He SAW the body, face down in the grass, as he walked in between the buildings.

TMBodyOfficerSmith.png

Officer Smith was the first responder. It was dark. He could not have seen a body "lying face down" in the grass if the body was not close to the location I have shown as opposed to the other end.

Now, the city will pay an outside agency to look into how Lee handled the teen's death.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/george-zimmermans-attorney-files-written-not-guilt/nMggT/

There is so much snark I could write about that but I'm curling my fingers and holding back.

Let me just say that it seems the City of Sanford perhaps gave Chief Lee free reign for so long that now they don't know how to display any oversight of the police department. Hence the "outside agency." :banghead:

JMOO :cow:

Answered my own question....

(from the law group that I asked Grandmaj about posting the other night in which she said I could).

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/stand_your_ground.html

Thus, under the procedures outlined in Petersen, prosecutorial immunity does not attach under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law by way of mere factual assertion. The issue is raised pre-trial through the filing of a Motion for Declaration of Immunity and/or Dismissal. To obtain such a declaration by the trial court, a hearing is held where the defendant must demonstrate by a preponderance of the evidence his or her qualifications for immunity. This essentially reverses the burden of proof traditionally at play in a criminal case. The defense presents the evidence, shows that the statutory prerequisites have been met, and requests that the court grant the motion and appropriate relief. If the Motion is granted, the defense then files a Motion to Dismiss, as there is no longer a legal basis to proceed with the prosecution. The Motions for immunity and dismissal are frequently consolidated into a single filing.

I don't think we know half of the evidence the Prosecutors have. They have to have something to be able to charge him with 2nd Degree Murder.

I have to have faith that Justice will be served for Trayvon!

I'm sure we don't.

But, I do believe that investigator's words will be big trouble for the state.

JMO

Wow, when did I manage to reach 3000 posts? I let that little milestone slip right past me!! 3000 posts in 8 years...LOL! I wonder how many I had when I started posting on Trayvon's case? LOL.

:floorlaugh: and :congrats:

I found an article that had a quote from Crump that stated the tea and skittles were in his jacket pocket but I wanted to make sure that there was other proof of it since Crump will not be considered a good source for that information based on some of the opinions I have seen. I have to go take care of some RL things but will continue to search when I get a chance. Thank you to those that have tried to help me find the information.

MOO

Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin deserve just as much sympathy and protection from the nut jobs out there as the Zimmerman family does. I don't believe either family gains anything by being threatened. JMO.

The letter sent to the NAACP by a "Concerned Zimmerman Family Member" certainly raises the thought that threats were on at least someones mind. I'll post it here if it's okay otherwise it is in PDF form in the media section above.

an indicator of your character? Really? You wouldn't get a job in my company with a bad credit history. Failing to keep promises, pay debts is actually a very good indicator of character in my experience. People who have legitimate reaosns for non-payment because of medical or other issues are able to explain or have their debts relieved. Racking up your credit card bill and then stiffing the company while claiming to make 10k a month is a pretty clear sign of bad character to me.

And, he's "college aged" because he's taking courses, regardless of his age? That's a rather unusual definition of college aged. Most college students don't take 10 years to get a 2 year degree and, of course, GZ still doesn't actually have any degree and he's unemployed as is his wife, I believe and yet he feels he has the right to make judgments about other people. Trayvons parents and his Dad's girlfirend all seem to be employed. Maybe GZ should have looked in the mirror to find someone suspicious-not paying your debts is STEALING you know, like the robbers he was so concerned about steal, he just didn't use a gun to do it, he saved that for killing a kid. What an upstanding citizen.

Ok, so he was like what??? 24?
I know lots of college kids that are 24. Just saying.
And wasn't he taking courses in like 2011? So, he is STILL college aged. IMO

And isn't that is when it was defaulted, not when he recieved it?
We don't know when he received it do we?

Altar boy and mentor IMO are representative of someone's character.
Financial records are not. IMO

I found an article that had a quote from Crump that stated the tea and skittles were in his jacket pocket but I wanted to make sure that there was other proof of it since Crump will not be considered a good source for that information based on some of the opinions I have seen. I have to go take care of some RL things but will continue to search when I get a chance. Thank you to those that have tried to help me find the information.

MOO

Looking forward to your post TorisMom!!

It is my opinion, they are gonna have a really hard time proving 2nd degree murder to 12 jurors without a reasonable doubt.

JMO

Actually, if George uses self-defense as an excuse for killing Trayvon he'll have to prove it since it's an affirmative defense, afaik.

And the investigator said "HE" didn't have knowledge of certain things, not "THEY". :biggrin:

:moo: :moo:

I'm sure we don't.

But, I do believe that investigator's words will be big trouble for the state.

JMO

If this case was being tried anywhere but Florida I would disagree with you but because it's being tried in Florida I unfortunately have to agree. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304