Dr G. to do special about Caylee

Hmm - are you saying the duct was applied to Caylee's face but left the nose open and the mouth not covered so she could breathe? What was the point of that do you think?

I'm saying IMO they did not prove that duct tape was on mouth nose or where it originated from period.

I'm saying IMO they did not prove that duct tape was on mouth nose or where it originated from period.

There were two ME's testifying. Dr. G who said the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's face, nose and mouth area. She was the original ME who examined the remains.

Then there is Dr. Spitz who was not there to examine the remains when they were recovered, admits only viewing certain photographs which were preselected by defense to support their theory for Dr. Spitz to testify that someone, some unknown person found the skull, took it home and put duct tape on it without leaving a trace of DNA or fingerprints and then returned it to the site placing it in the exact position it was before, a genius of sorts I would imagine. And in a very short period of time the duct tape became so weathered and degraded that all the cotton fibers and glue on the tape were gone.

I think common sense really tells us what happened and those few who disagree will never convince the masses differently. As Dr. G. stated there is no logical reason for the duct tape being where it was other than to cause the death of Caylee. We did not see the pictures so the only witness who could tell us what she saw was Dr. G.

When you think about how her skull was found and what could have happened to the tape it is almost as if Caylee is reaching out to give us that information. She was able to speak the truth even in death. jmo

Wouldn't you know, I recently cut back to basic cable, so I no longer get TLC. Hope it will be available online at some point because I'd really like to see it.

Wouldn't you know, I recently cut back to basic cable, so I no longer get TLC. Hope it will be available online at some point because I'd really like to see it.

You and me both Jane the Dood - I signed up for extra channels just so I could get TLC which was immediately changed to Investigative Discovery or something and isn't even available in Canada at all anymore.:banghead:

May I ask? In your opinion where was the duct tape if not on the nose and mouth, where did it originate from? Thanks

Same here Jane! I'll be walking to a neighbors house to view it! She knows I follow it and will watch it with me! Hope I don't forget, but I'm sure the threads will remind us right before the show on the sidebar thread. Someone will have to be the bartender at the sidebar for that show as I'm sure we'll all wanna have a drink to go!

I've never seen the show, so I've ordered the DVD set one of the seasons from my library. As to your question of if this show if regularly on the TLC site or on free Hulu or another place, I don't know. But I bet someone will tell us!

I have always loved her show. She does such a good job of explaining things in a way that people understand.

------------------
hi jane, Dr.G. is on discovery/fit channel. i recently took a larger bundle just to get Dr. G.. Oprah took the channel she was on.:seeya:

Jeff Ashton stated on Dr. Phil that he saw it, and it was covering where her mouth and nose would be. The jurors also saw the picture that showed this.

There were two ME's testifying. Dr. G who said the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's face, nose and mouth area. She was the original ME who examined the remains.

Then there is Dr. Spitz who was not there to examine the remains when they were recovered, admits only viewing certain photographs which were preselected by defense to support their theory for Dr. Spitz to testify that someone, some unknown person found the skull, took it home and put duct tape on it without leaving a trace of DNA or fingerprints and then returned it to the site placing it in the exact position it was before, a genius of sorts I would imagine. And in a very short period of time the duct tape became so weathered and degraded that all the cotton fibers and glue on the tape were gone.

I think common sense really tells us what happened and those few who disagree will never convince the masses differently. As Dr. G. stated there is no logical reason for the duct tape being where it was other than to cause the death of Caylee. We did not see the pictures so the only witness who could tell us what she saw was Dr. G.

When you think about how her skull was found and what could have happened to the tape it is almost as if Caylee is reaching out to give us that information. She was able to speak the truth even in death. jmo

fwiw, no where in the autopsy report does it state that tape was "wrapped around" the face, mouth and nose. It actually states that tape was attached to the hair and overlying the mandible and maxilla, per Dr Utz (the first ME to examine the remains). Dr Shultz states that it can be INFERRED that the tape was what could have held the mandible in place. However, it is also noted that plant growth had permeated the remains. IMO, this too could have held the mandible. And that is exactly what CSI Hanson, Dr. Shultz and Dr. Utz testified to in court. No expert testified that the duct tape was responsible for holding the mandible in place during the decompositional process in court. Also, IMO, the muck could have been responsible for the position of the skull and mandible. I don't see how the duct tape could have held the mandible. The skin, hair and duct tape would have loosened before the jaw muscles decomposed. The PT theory the tape was applied to the skin, then skin loosened and fell off the face but somehow the tape held enough to keep the mandible in anatomical postion? IMO, I just can't buy it. Again, all JMOO.

ETA: As to Dr. Spitz, his theory was just a smokescreen put on by the defense.

Jeff Ashton stated on Dr. Phil that he saw it, and it was covering where her mouth and nose would be. The jurors also saw the picture that showed this.

He may have stated it on the Dr Phil show but CSI Hanson, Dr Shultz, Dr Utz, nor Dr G ever testified in court that the tape was covering her mouth and/or nose.

fwiw, no where in the autopsy report does it state that tape was "wrapped around" the face, mouth and nose. It actually states that tape was attached to the hair and overlying the mandible and maxilla, per Dr Utz (the first ME to examine the remains). Dr Shultz states that it can be INFERRED that the tape was what could have held the mandible in place. However, it is also noted that plant growth had permeated the remains. IMO, this too could have held the mandible. And that is exactly what CSI Hanson, Dr. Shultz and Dr. Utz testified to in court. No expert testified that the duct tape was responsible for holding the mandible in place during the decompositional process in court. Also, IMO, the muck could have been responsible for the position of the skull and mandible. I don't see how the duct tape could have held the mandible. The skin, hair and duct tape would have loosened before the jaw muscles decomposed. The PT theory the tape was applied to the skin, then skin loosened and fell off the face but somehow the tape held enough to keep the mandible in anatomical postion? IMO, I just can't buy it. Again, all JMOO.

<respectfully snipped>

:HHJP: :innocent:

This is not rocket science. The tape was on the mandible, maxilla, overlapping, and wide enough to cover the nose as well.

Autopsy report (item C).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/19/caylee.anthony.autopsy.pdf

Radiography of the skull.

http://www.e-radiography.net/nickspdf/Skull.pdf

Also let's not forget the tape was entangled in the hair and the hair had slothed off from the top of her skull to the side/back of her skull. Shortly after death the jaw drops so the tape had to have been on her face and holding the mandible in place. It is the mandible which allows them to determine where the tape was situated on her face making the determination that the tape was, in fact, covering her nose and mouth. And, yes, it's not rocket science and I think Dr. G's testimony in court was quite clear that the tape was placed there at the time of Caylee's death.

The duct tape is a big issue that cannot be just explained away by any other explanation such as someone took it home and lined up her jaw perfectly and placed duct tape there and brought the skull back and placed it back in the exact location. What is interesting about what Dr. Spitz testified to is that by claiming someone else (????) doing this they would have placed the duct tape over the nose, mouth and mandible area. So essentially Dr. Spitz is claiming that what was found was true, just differs on how the tape got there. jmo

------------------
hi jane, Dr.G. is on discovery/fit channel. i recently took a larger bundle just to get Dr. G.. Oprah took the channel she was on.:seeya:

Hi Nore :seeya: Alas, basic cable is very...basic. I don't get anything but ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS...the major cable channels. So I miss all of the scientific stuff. Good thing I enjoy reading more than I enjoy watching the tube! And...there's always the internet. :)

Well, we do have to admit that it is so much easier to disagree with findings when we are not experts. For the ME's they are required to report what they have found and they are required to report their findings. I think Dr. G. has done an excellent job of reporting what she believes happened to Caylee based on her vast knowledge and education.

I don't think the defense team, in the end, disagreed that there was tape originally on Caylee's face and where it was specifically located because of their claim that someone else placed the body at the remains site. They really can't have it two ways but we have to admit they sure tried. lol jmo

He may have stated it on the Dr Phil show but CSI Hanson, Dr Shultz, Dr Utz, nor Dr G ever testified in court that the tape was covering her mouth and/or nose.
Uh...maybe 'cause there wasn't a mouth or a nose left? Seeing that JA is a lay person he might have interpreted the doctor's findings as such.

ETA: As to Dr. Spitz, his theory was just a smokescreen put on by the defense.

You should read page 14 of Dr Garavaglia's report, paragraph 3 - the part where it says colored tape was found to be covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas by Dr Schult and Dr Utz.

You should read page 14 of Dr Garavaglia's report, paragraph 3 - the part where it says colored tape was found to be covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas by Dr Schult and Dr Utz.

Also on Pg. 3, Paragraph 2 where it states there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. "This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place". So much for the theory of the the duct tape breaking down losing its' ability to remain "attached". All three doctors signed off on this report. Also, if the mandible is the medical term for the lower jaw and the maxilla is the medical term for the upper jaw, what part of her airway would have been uncovered? None....is the answer I come up with.

Who....other than Casey had the hidden 31 days, the death car, the lies, the thieving and deception, a tattoo all happening while her 2 year old daughter was allegedly "missing" yet, admittedly was "never missing" according to her own attorney. No one.......is the answer I come up with.

According to the latest news, two thirds of the country think so too. I've been sick about the verdict since it was read and I hope that Dr. G's show on the 1st of January will clear up a lot of "armchair theories" and put them to rest for the sake of this poor child's unjustified fate.

Also on Pg. 3, Paragraph 2 where it states there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. "This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place". So much for the theory of the the duct tape breaking down losing its' ability to remain "attached". All three doctors signed off on this report. Also, if the mandible is the medical term for the lower jaw and the maxilla is the medical term for the upper jaw, what part of her airway would have been uncovered? None....is the answer I come up with.

Who....other than Casey had the hidden 31 days, the death car, the lies, the thieving and deception, a tattoo all happening while her 2 year old daughter was allegedly "missing" yet, admittedly was "never missing" according to her own attorney. No one.......is the answer I come up with.

According to the latest news, two thirds of the country think so too. I've been sick about the verdict since it was read and I hope that Dr. G's show on the 1st of January will clear up a lot of "armchair theories" and put them to rest for the sake of this poor child's unjustified fate.
I'm still amazed that a group of 12 people would think someone would lie about a "drowning" because that's what Casey did (if you believe the DT)...she lied and made it a "kidnapping"...by her own words. She would lie and sit in jail for 3 years with her life on the line. Because her mother would be angry at her and never forgive her? It just doesn't make sense!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back