IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Dr. Drew last night because he was talking about this case and abductions in general. He and his guests were discussing the two types of individual who tend to abduct children (non parental type abductions)

1 type is convinced (or has convinced himself) he is in a mutual relationship with his victim. This guy will not harm (aside from the obvious) the child usually and has "feelings" of care and concern (sorry, I am ready to vomit even tryping to articulate this sick mind)

the 2nd type knows what they are doing is sick and wrong but is driven to do it. That guy cannot seem to stop himself, despite the risks possibly involved. This guy will take what he wants and is more likely to kill his victim when done/satisfied in order to elude capture and prosecution.

Here is a link for anyone interested (btw Marc Klaas was one of the guests)

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/19/americas-missing-children-epidemic

ETA I do not think this is the entire episode but rather just an excerpt - shoot

First time - what if this is the first time - anyone in the area is a hunter and also has caused trouble killing or hurting animals or been charged with cruelty?

Someone who lives alone or maybe just visits in the area and then goes off to their family or home in a bigger city or town?

Yep, everything you say is a distinct possibility. But, I guess at this point anything is a possibility. Is there any foreign dna on the bikes or the bag? Or has this information been released?

It is important to remember that Misty & Dan's involvement in their daughter's life has been intermittent. Drug addiction, trafficking, and incarceration do not usually bode well for the parent-child bond. Lyric is only 10 yrs old. Her parents have been incarcerated for nearly half of her entire life. Their knowledge of their daughter and her day to day routines, friends, school life, etc is mostly second or third hand. This could be why Aunt Tammy has been speaking out more - she knows Lyric in a way that Misty and Dan do not.

Someone else made mention of the distancing language used by Misty in reference to Lyric and Elizabeth, in particular her preference for using "We" instead of "I". Imo, she does this as her way of acknowledging she has not held the role of primary caregiver in Lyric's life for quite some time. Lyric has, in a sense, been raised by a village of extended family, hence the term ''we".

There should be a better way than having to attach all those wires to him - poor guy. Geez.

$50K reward is being offered for arrest and conviction

$50,000 reward!

Confident not in lake
now being handled as an ABDUCTION

Case will now be handled as an abduction.

Called ABDUCTION because those girls are not in that lake
if they were lost they would have been found by now

Evidence was found today. The do have video of of the girls on their bike....in town.

He can't tell us where they found the evidence

on camera at 12:15 in the area where Grandmother last saw them
they were on bikes and riding away at that time

Oh, now LE is calling it an abduction.....only took a week to come to that possibility!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502