IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not found any weapons at this time

They are requesting 100% cooperation from everyone

I didn't hear about the evidence - they have some evidence that is being sent off for ??? I wonder what it could be? DNA???

during the searching a few days back officers picked up at least one item from the bike trail in the vicinity where bikes where found and bagged it.

Perhaps cigarette butts, gum wrappers, something of that nature. may be related - may not. I sure hope it is tho.

ETA I just read that evidence was found today. Holy moly, hope it is good lead

no suspects and will not comment on where evidence came from

(Wonder what evidence was found!)
Will not tell us where it came from.
No suspects at this time.
Every aspect of family's background is being looked at.

Purpose of checkpoints today - see if they have same people who drive thru last Fri - try to obtain more info.

Not sure if they will continue checkpoints at this time.

He said that the girls were actually seen on a survelience camera at 12:15 on their bikes LEAVING the parking lot area. (Same parking lot grandma said she saw them across from her house.) Camera was not clear enough to show what they were wearing.

The ?????? from the post above is DCI-Iowa dept of criminal investigation

Not focusing on one set of parents.
Everyone is suspect!
Everything has to be considered.

I've been trying to find a study done by one of those investigative reporting news channels (to no avail) that they did on children from various age groups and how easily it would be for someone to lure them away. The first step of the study was to give the children a "stranger danger" class. Typical information parents/teachers give to children on an every day basis. The second step was they sent all the children to the park and then video taped different "strangers" using different methods to lure the children away. Parents watched in horror as a high percentage of the children were easily led away. What was relevant to this case (why I brought it up) was the interesting thing that some of the older children (all groups were under the age of 12) wouldn't "leave" alone but would grab a playmate/friend and say...hey come with me.

What specifically did he say about the evidence? Did he call it "potential evidence;" or did he actually say "evidence was found" and sent to be tested?

They are NOT watching the Morrissey's.

Closer supervision of people - (hmmm he is stumbling a little re: the dept of corrections supervision thing that was published about Dan)

evidence has been sent DCI lab

I am sorry, I am very irritated here. We have lost a week in now.

:moo:

Did anyone here the reporter ask the question about a missing RV?

He said he wouldnt comment on that??

I did hear that didnt I ?

Can't tell us if they found anything on the cell phone taken
cant tell us about Dan's poly

They don't think the girls are lost
they are not in the lake
now classified abduction

evidence has been obtained all along and sent to DCI (VCI?)

"There has been evidence that has been obtained all along and it has been sent to be tested...."

They have not shared with Abben any theories they have (the family)

The police tape will come down and the lake will re-open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member