Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading through the updates [ and THANK YOU ALL for posting them for us ]

I am feeling a little better about the trial. Getting in the stuff about telling her sis that she was afraid that Drew was going to kill her and make it look like an accident---well done.

I think the jury would ask themselves- why would someone make that up? Why would you want to make it look like your brother-in-law was a killer if he wasn't?

So getting that statement by Kitty in was vital. And then having the defense try and make her look bad [You weren't close to your sister were you? You never sent your nephews birthday cards,, did you?] and the judge being rude to her, just helps the state, imo.

I think in this case you might have the prosecution team looking like the 'underdog.' It certainly helped Baez when that happened to him.

For some reason they never have court on Mondays.

Courts are often dark for trials on Mondays and Fridays, depending on the Judge. Some Judges do Motions on Mondays and others on Fridays.

i was kinda on jury duty this week.. which meant i had to check online every nite to see if I had to report the next day.. I didnt....
Im telling ya.. no defense team would want me on a jury lol.. just saying

B/U by me: If the jurors aren't allowed to speculate about what happened to Stacy, why is the defense lawyer saying this?????

Not sure if this was answered or not.....I'm still catching up from where we left off but the jurors were not in the court room. This was a proffer. HTH

What an *advertiser censored* this judge is. He's in bed with the defense, imo. Coddling the defense and insulting the victims family. He should just run up, hop into Drew's lap, kiss and hug him and say I'm gonna do my best to make this better. :furious:

That said, I am off to do stuff for school registration and enjoy the beautiful day. Something Drew can't do, at least today. :sigh:

I agree Cubby. That comment was uncalled for by this Judge. I hope the jury is as furious as we are about this Judge and the defence team.

Everyone is changing the wording on this to "this is for the boys". imo 'belongs to' and 'is for' have different meanings.

I don't think it makes a difference. The money was in her purse. How in the world would he know who it belonged to? He just grabbed it and said it was for the kids whichever way anyone wants to word it. The end result was the same. He took money that did not belong to HIM.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe that she thought GVS was just a friend....weren't there other people in the crew? Cameras? Etc.?

I would imagine that all the cameras were, at that time, outside and trained on DP's house...and if one doesn't have cable, direct TV or Dish, you would never have seen Greta's show. I tried to tell friends about Cindy A. being on Greta, and they would say, "who is Greta Van Susternan?"

Thank you Magpie for all the information.

So Drew essentially ROBBED Kathleen by taking the $ in her wallet, in front of witnesses, and nobody does anything. I would never let an azz like DP intimidate me especially if it was MY sister's murder. I understand that she felt no cops were listening to them, but I would have been screaming it from the rooftops- My sister is dead and she said her cop husband said he could kill her and make it look like an accident...!!! Call the papers, alert the media, do it all.
I was once married to someone with Drews qualities,. and worse, and after I
got away from him I never let anyone walk all over me again- ever!
I pray he is convicted, and that someone in LE gets the ball rolling on finding and prosecuting DP for STACEY'S disapperance & death.

I lost respect and was very disillusioned w/ Casey Anthony's trial, Please God don't let it happen again.

Lastly, I am so glad I don't live in IL, and feel bad for anyone seeking justice that does live in this good-ole-boy network they have going on in Bolingbrook and possibly even the surrounding counties and the whole state.
And shame on this crappy Judge!

BBM. Catching up again. "it was open" I wish they would specify what was open. Was it the Car open or the brief case open? My first impression was the breif case was open, but then maybe she meant the car was unlocked or open.
I first thought that she meant that the brief case was open, like someone had just been in it. But after reading her statement a few more times, I realized she was probably trying to say the SUV was unlocked. I wish people would be more specific. I guess being on the stand would be nerve racking and hard to do that, though.

I agree Cubby. That comment was uncalled for by this Judge. I hope the jury is as furious as we are about this Judge and the defence team.

I hope they are, ~n/t~. When this judge made the comment, it was the first time it occured to me I could be sitting on a jury and be infuriated with the judge rather than the pros or defense.

After being told what she could not say, being told what not to say, being coached what not to say, which could be a huge error leading to a mistrial with prejudice, HOW DARE this judge jump to the conclusion she might not want to answer purposely. She was following instructions and being cautious. Shame on this judge for jumping down her throat for doing so. :maddening:

I first thought that she meant that the brief case was open, like someone had just been in it. But after reading her statement a few more times, I realized she was probably trying to say the SUV was unlocked. I wish people would be more specific. I guess being on the stand would be nerve racking and hard to do that, though.

I hope the pros notices this and ask questions so witnesses could be more specific. It was really the pros job to continue asking until the witness was specific.... as I'm sure it is incredibly nerve racking.

And even more so when first the local LE do not listen and now with a judge who appears to be in bed with the defense so to speak. :banghead:

I feel for Kathleen's sister, but if I had been in her shoes it would have been really hard for me to not try to make Kathleens last wish come true about making sure the boys were taken care of. It does strike me as odd that she never saw the boys or even sent them a card. Maybe she was intimidated by Drew or maybe he wouldnt allow it. If that is the case the prosecution needs to work that in somehow. Personally if I were on the jury that would give me pause. After her sister told her, I am afraid for my life please take care of my boys then why did she not try to do that after she was gone? Also today they made it seem like she put that briefcase on a shelf and did not even look to see what was in it for several years, if that is not true the pros also needs to make a point of that somewhere down the line. .. Just some thoughts I am having, trying to put myself in the mind of a juror.. I sure don't want the prosecution to lose this and DP to be back on the streets.

MOO

I feel for Kathleen's sister, but if I had been in her shoes it would have been really hard for me to not try to make Kathleens last wish come true about making sure the boys were taken care of. It does strike me as odd that she never saw the boys or even sent them a card. Maybe she was intimidated by Drew or maybe he wouldnt allow it. If that is the case the prosecution needs to work that in somehow. Personally if I were on the jury that would give me pause. After her sister told her, I am afraid for my life please take care of my boys then why did she not try to do that after she was gone? Also today they made it seem like she put that briefcase on a shelf and did not even look to see what was in it for several years, if that is not true the pros also needs to make a point of that somewhere down the line. .. Just some thoughts I am having, trying to put myself in the mind of a juror.. I sure don't want the prosecution to lose this and DP to be back on the streets.

MOO

There is NO WAY that DP was going to ever let any of Kathleen's family have anything to do with those boys.

What the sister was probably afraid to say, for fear of getting into trouble, was that she was secure in knowing that Stacey was watching and caring for the boys. And it was not until she went missing, that the family became more worried about their welfare.

After reading through the updates [ and THANK YOU ALL for posting them for us ]

I am feeling a little better about the trial. Getting in the stuff about telling her sis that she was afraid that Drew was going to kill her and make it look like an accident---well done.

I think the jury would ask themselves- why would someone make that up? Why would you want to make it look like your brother-in-law was a killer if he wasn't?

So getting that statement by Kitty in was vital. And then having the defense try and make her look bad [You weren't close to your sister were you? You never sent your nephews birthday cards,, did you?] and the judge being rude to her, just helps the state, imo.

I think in this case you might have the prosecution team looking like the 'underdog.' It certainly helped Baez when that happened to him.

There is NO WAY that DP was going to ever let any of Kathleen's family have anything to do with those boys.

What the sister was probably afraid to say, for fear of getting into trouble, was that she was secure in knowing that Stacey was watching and caring for the boys. And it was not until she went missing, that the family became more worried about their welfare.

Still I have to wonder, why she never send the boys any cards? Drew couldn't intimidate her from sending mail could he? Of course, if Drew was the one getting the mail from the box he probably wouldn't give those boys the cards anyway. JMO

The statement that KS made to her sister over and over about promising to keep the boys- there were no witnesses to her saying that, Drew would have wiped the Family Court floor with her if she had decided to try to fight for those boys. JMO.

Yeah with the way this jerk judge has been reprimanding her (publicly) she is probably being overly cautious. I'm sure she doesn't want to be the cause of a mistrial.

I know the narcissist DP, did keep the boys from them, but my point is to the jury they may wonder why didn't she at least try to fullfil the promise she made to Kathleen. I feel it would cause me personally as a juror to doubt her story.

All just MOO.

Still I have to wonder, why she never send the boys any cards? Drew couldn't intimidate her from sending mail could he? Of course, if Drew was the one getting the mail from the box he probably wouldn't give those boys the cards anyway. JMO

The statement that KS made to her sister over and over about promising to keep the boys- there were no witnesses to her saying that, Drew would have wiped the Family Court floor with her if she had decided to try to fight for those boys. JMO.

I think the family was kind of scared of Drew. They probably felt like leaving well enough alone. Having Stacey onboard probably lulled them into thinking the boys would be fine.

I bet if she had sent cards he would have thrown them away. But if they really believed that he killed their sister and got away with it, because the cops in town backed him up without even an investigation, then they would have been frightened. I would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23