Phillip Garrido- prior offenses and background information

I wonder if there are younger pics of him somewhere. One of the prostitute murder POI's was a man they though might be Samoan or something and rather large.

He's the type of person JM would have hired! It's all too suspicious being so close to JM's business. The whole area that these crimes happened in is not an area most people frequent...unless they are like PG & JM. I think there was reason for LE to search his business and houses. I sure would like to know if they came up with any evidence. Of course we may never find out.

He's the type of person JM would have hired! It's all too suspicious being so close to JM's business. The whole area that these crimes happened in is not an area most people frequent...unless they are like PG & JM. I think there was reason for LE to search his business and houses. I sure would like to know if they came up with any evidence. Of course we may never find out.

Check the Timeline thread (I think) where I just posted some old articles about 1998-1999 murders. I can't find any info that tells me any of them were found at JM or were impaled on a fence.

I think it was December 5, 1998, Jessica Fredericks, 24, found dead near an auto wrecking yard in Pittsburg at 11:30 am.

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/timeline.html

Oh, ok ... thanks. That might need to be corrected on the Timeline. I wonder how strong the case was against her ex - wasn't he convicted?

I also keep forgetting about these deaths:

July 18 – Prostitute Sharon Mattos's body found in field in Pittsburg.

November 12 – Prostitute Andrea Ingersoll's body found in field in Bay Point, a town near Pittsburg.

Oh, ok ... thanks. That might need to be corrected on the Timeline. I wonder how strong the case was against her ex - wasn't he convicted?
Gee, I don't know if the ex was convicted or not. I didn't do a whole lot of research on all those murders that took place during that time. Just enough to sort of get a feel for the patterns. And, I read the study that was put together by the Cal journalism students, which I thought was really well done.
The articles you have been finding in the SF Chronicle, I don't think those were even available 2 months ago. They must have dug them out of their archives.
I think the police have pretty much determined that Garrido did not have anything to do with any of those murders.

I also keep forgetting about these deaths:

July 18 – Prostitute Sharon Mattos's body found in field in Pittsburg.

November 12 – Prostitute Andrea Ingersoll's body found in field in Bay Point, a town near Pittsburg.

FYI, in 1992 there was no Bay Point, it was called W. Pittsburg but still had the same zip code as Pittsburg. In fact Bay Point still does.

Pittsburg (and Bay Point), Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood are all basically adjoining. Before the freeway, there was old Hwy 4, the Pittsburg/Antioch Hwy (in W. Pittsburg it was known as Willow Pass Rd.), 10th St. that ran from Pittsburg to Antioch, 18th St. that ran from Antioch to Oakley then Hwy 4 that connected Oakley to Brentwood. Lone Tree Way was a back, rural road from Antioch to Brentwood where, as teenagers, we would go park in the orchards.

Gee, I don't know if the ex was convicted or not. I didn't do a whole lot of research on all those murders that took place during that time. Just enough to sort of get a feel for the patterns. And, I read the study that was put together by the Cal journalism students, which I thought was really well done.
The articles you have been finding in the SF Chronicle, I don't think those were even available 2 months ago. They must have dug them out of their archives.
I think the police have pretty much determined that Garrido did not have anything to do with any of those murders.

I specifically went into the archives to look. I'm not sure they show up otherwise.

Yeah, I'm not sure they are connected to Garrido.

FYI, in 1992 there was no Bay Point, it was called W. Pittsburg but still had the same zip code as Pittsburg. In fact Bay Point still does.

Pittsburg (and Bay Point), Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood are all basically adjoining. Before the freeway, there was old Hwy 4, the Pittsburg/Antioch Hwy (in W. Pittsburg it was known as Willow Pass Rd.), 10th St. that ran from Pittsburg to Antioch, 18th St. that ran from Antioch to Oakley then Hwy 4 that connected Oakley to Brentwood. Lone Tree Way was a back, rural road from Antioch to Brentwood where, as teenagers, we would go park in the orchards.

Oh, thank you... that answers my Old Hwy 4 question!

Mostly walnut and peach. It was a rich agricultural area. Brentwood still is. Why?
LOL. No particular reason, just curious. Most of California was once a rich agricultural area. I wish it still was.

Funny! I thought we just cracked some big cold case! LOL

Ditto! Funny . lol I was just thinking OMG was there some reference to a certain orchard!? I grew up in Hayward, but my Grandfather had property in Walnut Creek, there were no freeways to there back then. Just Crow Canyon Rd. from Hayward to WC. And believe me, up until about the mid 70's there weren't nothn' there, but walnut trees!!

Did anyone find that Lister guy a bit strang?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eak_wrote_sick_love_songs_to_little_kids.html

I mean, who says they want to try and sell songs by a sicko to raise money for abused women? Who would buy them?

Lister said he wanted to share the lyrics with law enforcement and raise money from the songs to benefit abused women.

He also visited the Garridos' home on Walnut Ave., where Jaycee was held captive for 18 years, several times and had met her and her two daughters.

"There was absolutely nothing that I saw that would have raised suspicion," Lister said.

Did anyone find that Lister guy a bit strang?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eak_wrote_sick_love_songs_to_little_kids.html

I mean, who says they want to try and sell songs by a sicko to raise money for abused women? Who would buy them?

Yeah, awhile back I wanted to try and get some background info on him...but I got sidetracked. I think he's someone that needs to be looked at closer.

I think the writer of that article didn't state what lister said correctly, but I don't remember exactly how the story went.

I wasn't so sure about the writing on that one either!

Here is part of a profile they worked up about the possible killer in the 1998-1999 killings

Serial Killers Find Prostitutes Easy Prey
Pittsburg slaying cases match profile of men who tend to dehumanize women

Wednesday, January 13, 1999

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/1999/01/13/MN27278.DTL

This is very interesting, thanks again TIME. I don't know, but when I read that none of the prostitutes were sexually assaulted, it doesn't sound like PG's mo to me.

I do think that there was a reason PG set up his "reformation" tent at JM Auto Wreckers! I think HE absolutely KNEW someone there needed reforming. Whether or not he was part of whatever it was he knew, or whether they just exchanged notes and bragged to one another of their dirty deeds, I don't know. But MAN, there was a reason he set it up there. And I have a strong suspicion that it has something to do with whomever murdered those prostitutes. Too bad we don't have a list of their employees! JMO

Billy ... I know, I'm not sure if Garrido has any connection even if it is just to those who killed the prostitutes. I do think he could have had prostitutes in his backyard, been making money that way, etc. Or .... who knows. I DO suspect that Garrido was still taking drugs. I'm not convinced he moved to prescription drugs. That could be the connection to the prostitutes. I think it was that article, or maybe another that says many have moved to selling prostitutes instead of drugs also - or both. I've said this before, but I'm also not so sure Garrido's weird sexual desires didn't start veering in another direction. Until details of those murders are released, I wouldn't rule them out as a sex crime, but they could have just been killed because they knew too much or didn't deliver the drugs or something. Otherwise, we'd have to think it is just someone who likes killing and chose prostitutes as easy targets.

I am wondering too if it is a good idea to make note of others who operated in the area in the past couple of decades (but maybe in it's own thread) - example...

I just came came across the cases of LARRY CHRISTOPHER GRAHAM and LARRY CHRISTOPHER GRAHAM JR. It seems at one point they also suspected Larry's older brother GARY, for the Bugay murder! JR. has now been accused or convicted of the murder of another man.

Graham was not on the radar for the Bugay murder till 1996.

Antioch girl's killer a possible suicide in San Quentin
Jun 16, 2009
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20090616/ai_n31993439/?tag=untagged

Five Charged in Gruesome Murder of LDS Man
http://www.mormonstoday.com/010112/D2ABuccellato01.shtml

Graham Jr. used a 16 year old girl to help set-up Buccellato, 57.

Billy - thanks for this reference

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13231478

A while back, Molino said he sold Garrido a reddish Volkswagen. Garrido would drive the wagon to People's Park in Berkeley, said homeless men who camp there.

"He seemed kind of hyper. He would rush around, passing out bottles of water and sometimes homemade sandwiches. He was always in a hurry," said one of the older, bearded campers, who identified himself only as "The Hate Man."

"He'd have the kids every now and then tagging along behind."

So, you have to wonder, was Garrido trying to recruit these homeless men? If so, is that just to get followers?

I wonder what model of Volkswagon it was and where is it now?

Too bad we don't have a list of their employees! JMO
<snipped

Meeting was Aug. 24, 2009. Here are some names:
http://www.ci.pittsburg.ca.us/sirepu...9063110390.PDF

Excerpts of interest from meeting minutes:

1. Rashelle Vasconcellos (J&M employee)
2. Officer Hosier concluded by stating that he had received anonymous complaints from the public about JM Enterprises making noise after hours, crushing cars after midnight, and not cleaning up their site.
3. public record that a criminal case was currently pending against JM Enterprises.
4. the staff report included more information than what had just been presented.
5. she [Cheyvonne] only wanted to make sure her 102 employees and their family members have adequate financial support before she retires.
6. that a lot of the problems have occurred because of poor management and an absence of the proper people to help to help out the business owners.
7. Daniel Aderholt was called to speak. He stated that he had attempted to circulate a petition of support for JM Enterprises
8. Mary Thomas (employee)
9. Jim Collins, Bay Point
10. Dr. George L. Johnson, Jr., Concord, said that Mr. Molino has helped his nonprofit organization since 1998
11. Robert Williams
12. Irene Smith, Pittsburg
13. Jack Davis, Vallejo, came to work for JM Enterprises five years ago as an electrician. "I don&#8217;t recover a vehicle until it is 2 - 6 months past due, he said. Jim gives people chances that don&#8217;t have jobs."
14. Ms. Molino stated that all of the improvements needed to be shown on one site plan, and that the city would not issue individual permits until the site plan had been approved as a whole.
Ms. Vahl said they were not required to get all the permits at the same time.
15. Commissioner Fardella moved to adopt Resolution No. 9803 as submitted, revoking Land Use Permit LUP-2069-88. Commissioner Fogelman seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote of all Commissioners present.

Sooo... Cheyvonne tried but she gets caught up in her lies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back