17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I wasn't assuming TM didn't have a license or ID, my question was if TM did not have a license or ID, how would LE have had his home address in Miami the night of the incident? TM certainly couldn't tell LE where he lived.

IIRC...Trayvon's father called LE the next morning to report him missing. That is how they discovered who he was.

They might have gotten his Miami info from his cell provider.

How do we know they were NOT going to go and speak with his mother in Miami? They would not call her to notify her of her sons death, they would send an officer. But I bet they wanted to make sure it was him before they did that.

If would be very disappointed in LE if they used the info from his cell phone, student ID or DL to positively ID Trayvon enough to list his name on the police report. It is incorrect that LE waits to contact families of deceased persons unless that person is identified, as usually it is info from the family that helps to make sure they are positively identified.

I still have a problem with the injury to the head of GZ...it's too far toward the crown to have been bashed repeatedly into the concrete as he alleges..I believe it's being embellished to justify the meet force with force area of that law.I still don't see how fists to a loaded weapon meets force with force...Which is why GZ's camp is stateing his head was bashed on the concrete which made GZ in fear of his life...all fodder for me...it's doesn't appear to be truthful or credible..it's too high up on the head..it should be a few inches above the nape of the head...

What also speaks loudly for me is that detective who wanted manslaughter charges and the SA who nixed it..:moo:

I think the difference here is that Trayvon was in trouble for three things in the past:

1) writing obscene graffiti on the wall (my DD's 5th grade class is having the same problem in the boys' room right now)
2) an empty packet with marijuana residue (not a good sign but not illegal either)
3) jewelry that could not be matched to any reported theft and a screwdriver "that they felt could be used as a burglary tool."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-investigated-trayvon-martin-jewelry-16015168#.T38B8I6Q2KM

None of those things has any bearing on the night of 2/26 because even GZ has not said that Trayvon was:

1) writing on anything or vandalizing anything
2) smoking pot or anything else
3) breaking into a house, trying doorknobs, checking windows, or anything else to indicate that he was planning to rob someone. He was "looking around." That's all. I assume GZ was also "looking around" since he saw TM.

Also, TM was not found with a weapon, jewelry or anything else that had been stolen, graffiti tools, or so much as a bobby pin to break in somewhere.

OTOH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman_n_1392591.html

GZ has a history of violent acts, especially over people he seems to feel some authority over, like the woman at the party where he was the bouncer, or his ex. For example:

In addition, he seems to have some trouble accepting someone else's authority over him, like a police dispatcher (no, I understand it's not illegal to ignore their advice, but it's also not smart.)

And then there is the history of making a BFD out of nothing and calling police. Not to mention following the person and creating a more dangerous situation than the one he initially called about.

So when people bring up Trayvon's "history" it does reek of blaming the victim. When people bring up GZ's history it is absolutely relevant to what might have happened here. I believe that GZ called police and made a BFD out of nothing, as he had in the past; followed Trayvon, as he had others in the past; ignored the dispatcher's advice; and assaulted Trayvon as he had others in the past.

When you add in that the lead detective on the scene didn't believe GZ's story, when you add in that the funeral director said Trayvon's body showed no sign of a fight or scuffle, when you add in the lack of emergency medical treatment for GZ and the video where he appears to be just fine...it seems obvious to me that this is at least enough reason to investigate and possibly go to trial.

I am not being the judge, jury and executioner for GZ. I am not saying he is guilty (although I think that is most likely). I am saying there needs to be an investigation. I think someone needs to take this seriously. And I don't think anyone did until people started protesting and sharing on social media and making a fuss. While I agree that GZ shouldn't be arrested b/c of the outcry, I also don't think it should have taken this kind of outcry to prompt an investigation. It warranted one all by itself.

I also have to say that it makes me crazy that a 19 yo I know was taken into police custody and held in the jail over a fake ID at a bar longer than GZ was the night he admittedly shot an unarmed teenager. The city of Sanford has no one to blame for this except themselves. If they had arrested GZ that night, investigated, and then released him saying it appeared he acted in self-defense, I don't think anyone would have ever heard of either GZ or TM.

Just my :twocents:

great post

They have, very recently, come around to trying to be objective.

The piece with CNN's tech editor guy showing the process of enhancing the quality of the videotape, and the obvious and serious injuries to the back of GZ's head was pretty much a "mea culpa" for the way the story had been reported by them initially. A whuups, without tacitly admitting they were now changing their coverage to perhaps include the facts.

The Sims quality cartoon reenactment (by the Sun Sentinel I believe) showing that enormous blonde fellow on steroids shooting the little Black child was truly an outrage of yellow journalism. Whoever created that garbage hopefully has lost their job. But yes, recently, mainstream media seems to be making room in their coverage for the actual facts of the case.

To be fair...the injuries were not obvious (it took technical enhancement to see them) and we have yet to see proof that they were "serious" injuries.

JMHO~

They have, very recently, come around to trying to be objective.

The piece with CNN's tech editor guy showing the process of enhancing the quality of the videotape, and the obvious and serious injuries to the back of GZ's head was pretty much a "mea culpa" for the way the story had been reported by them initially. A whuups, without tacitly admitting they were now changing their coverage to perhaps include the facts.

The Sims quality cartoon reenactment (by the Sun Sentinel I believe) showing that enormous blonde fellow on steroids shooting the little Black child was truly an outrage of yellow journalism. Whoever created that garbage hopefully has lost their job. But yes, recently, mainstream media seems to be making room in their coverage for the actual facts of the case.

BBM

Not serious to all of us, I'm afraid. :rolleyes: GZ does appear to have some sort of abrasion or laceration to the top of his head, but the extent and seriousness of his injuries is yet to be determined. Neither the EMT's report nor the records from his personal physician have been released.

His having id on him would make the most sense. Don't think the cell company would give out that info without a court order. So if he actually had id on him -- that would mean that the whole story about him being tagged as john doe was wrong.

It might just have been standard practice at the morgue. Trayvon's identity had not yet been confirmed, so they tag him as John Doe until they are certain.

The wording in that article leads me to believe that there will be no arrest and they are preparing to riots and such when that decision is announced.

JMO

On the other hand....it leads one to believe that they are talking about the extra security that will be needed when GZ comes to "turn himself in peacefully" and when he is arraigned on charges, and when there is a bond hearing, and when the trial is in session......

Zimmerman family asks for donations...

The man who shot Trayvon Martin has been in hiding since the story made national news. Now, George Zimmerman’s family is setting up a website, www.zimmermandefense.com , to raise money for “their living expenses and for his defense,” the family’s attorneys said in a statement Friday. Zimmerman has said that his shooting of the unarmed 17-year-old Martin was in self-defense, and the neighborhood watch captain has yet to be charged with a crime. The website was not live as of Friday morning.

<modsnip>

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/George...nse-in-Trayvon-Martin-Shooting-146418425.html

It might just have been standard practice at the morgue. Trayvon's identity had not yet been confirmed, so they tag him as John Doe until they are certain.

Good point. But I think this whole John Doe his body was left in the morgue for three days and his family wasn't allowed to view the body is more an Internet meme than anything else. Family attorneys, I would think, would be all over it, if that were the case. Anybody know when the wake was held, the funeral?

or a riot if GZ is arrested....:what:

Has there been any mention of possible riots if he is arrested?

Who will riot?

I've seen no marches or organized demonstrations in support of GZ.

I still have a problem with the injury to the head of GZ...it's too far toward the crown to have been bashed repeatedly into the concrete as he alleges..I believe it's being embellished to justify the meet force with force area of that law.I still don't see how fists to a loaded weapon meets force with force...Which is why GZ's camp is stateing his head was bashed on the concrete which made GZ in fear of his life...all fodder for me...it's doesn't appear to be truthful or credible..it's too high up on the head..it should be a few inches above the nape of the head...

What also speaks loudly for me is that detective who wanted manslaughter charges and the SA who nixed it..:moo:

I agree...this has bugged me too. My first thought when I saw the enhanced images was...Did GZ wack himself with the butt of his gun? :waitasec:

JMHO~

Oh well, I still think the wording gives a hint GZ will not be arrested.

It's just my opinion.

Has there been any mention of possible riots if he is arrested?

Who will riot?

I've seen no marches or organized demonstrations in support of GZ.

I posted upthread where Mayor Triplett is preparing for the worst but hope for the best...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/06/us-usa-crime-martin-nbc-idUSBRE83502B20120406

NBC News declined to comment on Thursday. The network said on Tuesday it would not release names of the employees involved. It has apologized for the incident.

Why not release names and show pictures of people that try to cause trouble.

Maybe there was no intent to cause trouble. Maybe the employees were told to get a clip of xx number of seconds to be used for broadcast and cut one to that length with the essential information, not realizing how that could distort the overall impression of what GZ said?

I can think of any number of times I have seen and heard edited video or audio clips on the news that did not have the explosive effect this one did, but that did subtly alter the meaning from the original uncut clips.

It's all in the soundbite, these days and too often the eventual impact is lost.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Was George's injury a result of trying to tackle Trayvon? Putting his bouncer skills to use making sure that Trayvon didn't get away like all the other "suspicious" young, black, male pedestrians that George had reported to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth