'Fast & Furious' actor Paul Walker dies in Calif. car crash

I think I must be one of the only people on the planet to not know who he was, as I have never seen any of the fast and furious films........not my cup of tea..............but thank you very much to social media I have now seen many photos of the car crash that he died in!!! Just wanted to say: RIP mate, waaaayyyy too young to die....

Fast & Furious Star Paul Walker Dies in Car Crash

Brandi Fowler, eonline
Seconds ago

Paul Walker has died at the age of 40.

The Fast & Furious star passed away in a car crash Saturday afternoon in Santa Clarita, Calif., E! News has confirmed.

"Sadly I must confirm that Paul did pass away this afternoon in a car crash," his rep told E! News.

A rep for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said that when deputies arrived at the scene they found a vehicle engulfed in flames...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20131201/b486200/?cid=hero_media

'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker dies

Actor was 40

Author: By Alan Duke and Joe Sutton CNN

Published On: Nov 30 2013 10:37:42 PM EST Updated On: Dec 01 2013 02:45:30 AM EST

SANTA CLARITA, California (CNN) -
Actor Paul Walker, who shot to fame as star of the high-octane street racing franchise "Fast & Furious," died Saturday in a car crash in Southern California. He was 40.

Walker's publicist Ame van Iden confirmed his death, but said she could not elaborate beyond statements posted on Walker's official Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Walker was a passenger in a friend's 2005 Porsche Carrera GT and both were attending a charity event for his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, in the community of Valencia in Santa Clarita, about 30 miles north of Hollywood...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...ies/-/1718940/23228520/-/g61rriz/-/index.html

I think I must be one of the only people on the planet to not know who he was, as I have never seen any of the fast and furious films........not my cup of tea..............but thank you very much to social media I have now seen many photos of the car crash that he died in!!! Just wanted to say: RIP mate, waaaayyyy too young to die....

I'd never heard of him either. Pretty horrific looking crash.. RIP, just hope it was over quickly.

Very sad news. He was only 40 and has a young daughter. But how the heck fast were they going?! From the pictures popping up online that car is absolutely demolished. Looks like it was split in half and burst into flames.

If I remember rightly the Carrera has a carbon fibre construction, with engine and fuel tank located together. My guess is it spun and hit the tree/post mid car - it's amazing how often performance cars split apart in accidents.

I've seen a video that seems to have been taken not long after the accident; no emergency services yet. The car was already well ablaze. There is a lot of debris on the road - don't know if it's from the Porsche - but LE should be able to reconstruct what happened.

Found it

‘Fast & Furious’ Star Paul Walker Killed In Car Crash

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/actor-paul-walker-dead-fast-furious/

According to sources, the man behind the wheel was Roger Rodas, a friend of Walker’s and owner of Always Evolving, a Valencia-based performance shop for high-end vehicles, who listed Porsche Carrera GT as one of his top 3 favorite cars of all time on the company’s web site.

By the look of what is left of the car they would not have known what hit them. Were probably dead instantly. If the car was so destroyed I cannot see the human body surviving such trauma.

Hopefully they died instantly before the car caught on fire.

R.I.P. to both of them. Condolences to both their families.

I'd like to know how fast they were traveling on a public road myself ..

If I remember rightly the Carrera has a carbon fibre construction, with engine and fuel tank located together. My guess is it spun and hit the tree/post mid car - it's amazing how often performance cars split apart in accidents.

I've seen a video that seems to have been taken not long after the accident; no emergency services yet. The car was already well ablaze. There is a lot of debris on the road - don't know if it's from the Porsche - but LE should be able to reconstruct what happened.

I was looking at the road too, what looked like skid marks and debris. From my semi-trained eye it looks like the driver lost control and the car flipped and rolled into it's final resting place. I also think speed was a factor resulting in lost traction.

Very sad. I really like all the Fast and Furious. RIP Paul, and the Driver too.

Sheesh, they had to be going awfully fast. The car isn't even recognizable.

RIP to Paul and his friend. :cry:

Horrid. The driver's son tried to save his dad. Many friends and family were at the scene immediately after the crash it was that close to the Charity event.

One witness, Jim Tort, who was at the event told the NY Daily News, Rodas' eight-year-old son tried to save his dad.

'I ran over afterwards, I was trying to find Roger's son.
'I found out his son had jumped the fence and gone over. He was trying to get his dad out.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...driven-friend-crashed-pole.html#ixzz2mEcSeikh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RIP Paul and Roger

Paul Walker was also in a movie with Reese Witherspoon, called Pleasantville.
That's where I remember him from. He is in the car talking to Reese Witherspoon around the minute
5 second mark in the Youtube video below.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkczVFY4VG8"]Paul Walker's 'Pleasantville' Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back