NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping this one at the top ...... I still cannot believe this one.
If you mean this case. ITA this case has changed my views of our legal system completely.

RIP little Angel you are now in Gods lap in the garden of Angels. sorry the human race has not been kind to you.

I agree. I think MAM most likely abused little girls of drug addicted mothers before. JMO
I think he knew AD would do whatever it took to get her next fix. She didn't care about Shaniya and used her as a form of payment.
They are both sick!!!

Yeah, I agree. Seems to be all too commonplace among dealers- just usually they are looking for kids in their early teens.
Something has to stop this- and I feel like it's on the buyer end of the supply-demand chain.

Makes me sick.

It has not been over a year. It's been a little over 9 months. Most murder cases take a LOT longer than that.

I do not apologize at all in fact I go somewhere that I can say exactly what I think about this case. We should get far more coverage and far less postponements.
If you look at stats the longer it takes to bring a case to a verdict the further it is from peoples memory and the verdicts reflect that.
If we are so clear that all there is is MAM and ,Monster Mom WHAT exactly are they waiting for? It has been over one year They are diluting this case IMHO I am not interested in blending in with the crowd, I am not here to make friends I am not here to pacify the corrupt legal system.
I do respect most people, but when it comes to a case like this one, I am not stoking anyone, regardless of anything.
This case should take place already.

songline I don't think there is any need to apologize for your anger. Our legal system does not work like so many of us would like it to work....but it is a system that protects the rights of as many as possible- as much as it can under its' moral constraints- until proven guilty.

MAM and AD have unfortunately not been proven guilty yet, though so many of us wish they had been.

I don't believe anyone is stoking anything here... I think we are all just biding time, trying to respect that particular foundation of American justice.

Peace, my friend. We all love, and want justice, for Shaniya.

Oriah

I was confused too. I thought we were talking about Fayetteville. And I was one of those posters who voiced thoughts on how the Fayetteville area is sensitive to crime stats, and also that they have a lot of growth and 'cleanup' (due to aforementioned growth at Bragg and Pope.) But building condos etc to accommodate an influx of 1000's of troops from other bases being closed I don't think really has anything whatsoever to do with Shaniya's case.

NC has a lot of growth over all because it is a beautiful, temperate place to live with excellent golf courses, national parks/natural beauty, world class health care, and world class universities, etc.
It seems a little like saying that Florida is hushing up Haleigh Cummings' case in order to promote tourism.
I mean- people move to Florida because the want to enjoy the sun, the water, and the lifestyle. It's that simple.

Shaniya's case is brought up all the time around here. All the time.

I don't get this approach, I guess.

Just jumping off your post:

As a native NCer, close but not in Fayetteville, I have not heard one peep about this case's effects on tourism or on any aspect of NC. Not one thing. The whole premise seems very odd to me.

As a native NCer, close but not in Fayetteville, I have not heard one peep about this case's effects on tourism or on any aspect of NC. Not one thing. The whole premise seems very odd to me.

Me too.

bumping for our angel baby

I think I should take the blame here...

I posted this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayetteville,_North_Carolina

Fayetteville has attempted to reverse the image of its downtown area through various downtown revitalization projects, with mixed results. New additions, such as the Airborne & Special Operations Museum, The Fayetteville Area Transportation Museum, Fayetteville Linear Park, and Fayetteville Festival Park, which opened in late 2006, have all contributed somewhat to the changing downtown area. The city still has a very high crime rate.

The towns and rural areas surrounding Fayetteville have experienced rapid growth over the past decade. This growth has spilled over into suburbs such as Hope Mills, Raeford and Spring Lake.

The western part of Cumberland County was annexed into Fayetteville in recent years.

In 2008, BestLife Magazine, using data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the National Center for Education Statistics, the FBI, the American Association of Museums, the National Center for Health Statistics and the American Bar Association, ranked Fayetteville as the 3rd worst city in America to raise a family.[4]

Recently, Where To Retire magazine named Fayetteville one of the best places to retire[5].

In 2005 Congress mandated that due to the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) effort Fort Bragg would gain several new commands. The Army will be closing down United States Forces Command and the United States Reserve Command in Atlanta and moving them to Fort Bragg. This move is expected to relocate over 30,000 people to the area as a result of the command changes and businesses that will move to support the command. FORSCOM awards over $300 billion in contracts annually

Now, being the cynical and ultra-realist that I am, I expressed a worry that Shaniya might be lost in the effort to revitalize and regentrify Fayetteville. I know firsthand that politics (money) win out. I hope to God that I am wrong.

Fayetteville has attempted to reverse the image of its downtown area through various downtown revitalization projects, with mixed results. New additions, such as the Airborne & Special Operations Museum, The Fayetteville Area Transportation Museum, Fayetteville Linear Park, and Fayetteville Festival Park, which opened in late 2006, have all contributed somewhat to the changing downtown area. The city still has a very high crime rate.

The towns and rural areas surrounding Fayetteville have experienced rapid growth over the past decade. This growth has spilled over into suburbs such as Hope Mills, Raeford and Spring Lake.

The western part of Cumberland County was annexed into Fayetteville in recent years.

In 2008, BestLife Magazine, using data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the National Center for Education Statistics, the FBI, the American Association of Museums, the National Center for Health Statistics and the American Bar Association, ranked Fayetteville as the 3rd worst city in America to raise a family.[4]

Recently, Where To Retire magazine named Fayetteville one of the best places to retire[5].

In 2005 Congress mandated that due to the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) effort Fort Bragg would gain several new commands. The Army will be closing down United States Forces Command and the United States Reserve Command in Atlanta and moving them to Fort Bragg. This move is expected to relocate over 30,000 people to the area as a result of the command changes and businesses that will move to support the command. FORSCOM awards over $300 billion in contracts annually

Now, being the cynical and ultra-realist that I am, I expressed a worry that Shaniya might be lost in the effort to revitalize and regentrify Fayetteville. I know firsthand that politics (money) win out. I hope to God that I am wrong.

I don't think there is any blame to place here. You posted info you found and gave an opinion. You have every right to do that! ((((hugs)))).

These installments have been moving into Fayetteville piece by piece since 2006; the city of Fayetteville (backed by our federal government, via grants) has signed financial contracts in order to gain funds for growth and expansion for this purpose.
But none of these contracts have included media releases or crime statistics.
They are primarily supportive of relocation benefits to veterans and active duty intelligence personnel. Most are base-related.

I don't see where Shaniya's case comes into play politically, really, at all? Most of those 30,000+ military being relocated into the area have little or no choice of their placement, so even negative crime stats would not matter.
The grants going toward this are intended to improve quality of life for these transplants- nothing more really, imo.

I just can't see a big conspiracy to brush Shaniya specifically under the rug at this point. Unfortunately, the sex trade/trafficking is huge in Fayetteville, whether it be prostitutes or children sold :( - like it is in many cities- especially where there is a heavy military presense- which also means heavily transient.

Ugh. I don't know at this point. What should we do about this?

I'm so glad y'all keep bumping this one along. I'd lost track of Shaniya's case because I stay so focused on Haleigh and now Kyron. Suddenly today, out of the blue while at work, I saw the image of the monster carrying little Shaniya out of the motel. Guess my subconscious was reminding me that it was time to check in. Thanks for all of the updates and articles. I'm as anxious as anyone to see the gavel come down on this case. The process is complicated, though, and if it takes another nine months, so be it. As long as we reach the right outcome.

Rest in peace, little one.

I'm so glad y'all keep bumping this one along. I'd lost track of Shaniya's case because I stay so focused on Haleigh and now Kyron. Suddenly today, out of the blue while at work, I saw the image of the monster carrying little Shaniya out of the motel. Guess my subconscious was reminding me that it was time to check in. Thanks for all of the updates and articles. I'm as anxious as anyone to see the gavel come down on this case. The process is complicated, though, and if it takes another nine months, so be it. As long as we reach the right outcome.

Rest in peace, little one.

As always, great post Bessie. I totally agree.

Anyone feel like digging for a top 10 list of cities or communities (over 50,000) with a major crack/cocaine/heroin problem- and how that relates to the sex trade, and child sex trafficking in particular?

I am so burnt by the last couple of months, that I can't bring myself to do it. TIA.

Anyone feel like digging for a top 10 list of cities or communities (over 50,000) with a major crack/cocaine/heroin problem- and how that relates to the sex trade, and child sex trafficking in particular?

I am so burnt by the last couple of months, that I can't bring myself to do it. TIA.

I know Baton Rouge, LA is in the top 10 trafickking cities. I did not know that until I started digging for info after Shaniya's case. I'm within 20 minutes of Baton Rouge and had no clue! Since Shaniya's case I've noticed billboards in BR talking about it. I don't know if they were there before. But I sure pay attention now.

My job takes me to the poorest of areas of the city of Baton Rouge and of New Orleans. My eyes are sure more alert now that I know of Shaniya's case. I'm more aware now.

God bless you Shaniya! You have changed my outlook on life forever.

I am having a hard time finding a direct correlation, but this was very interesting. Looks like Portland Oregon has some problems...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d+child+prostitution&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

ORIAH.
Long ago and cant remember where I read it.
I have no time to search. (As most of you know I have a bipolar daughter and my time is limited these days).
But the article referred to NC and Florida as being the worst.
NC due to all the highways
Fla due to the water traffic that they can whisk someone out of the Country fast.
ANOTHER ARTICLE:
Talked about the anonymity of huge cities like NY, LA, Dallas where people do not know their neighbor, or people camping out in the streets that go unnoticed, but may be controlled by someone holding the strings to their street life.

I read on this early on in the Shanaiya case. sorry I did not save it.

Just a reminder there will be a WALK coming up very soon, near you please register, it is going to be throughout the country. I will be walking in NYC. I registered and donated.
http://www.sctnow.org/contentpages....pageguid=0d6f3564-95b6-44c2-8055-ae864fc08730

songline I don't think there is any need to apologize for your anger. Our legal system does not work like so many of us would like it to work....but it is a system that protects the rights of as many as possible- as much as it can under its' moral constraints- until proven guilty.

MAM and AD have unfortunately not been proven guilty yet, though so many of us wish they had been.
I don't believe anyone is stoking anything here... I think we are all just biding time, trying to respect that particular foundation of American justice.

Peace, my friend. We all love, and want justice, for Shaniya.

Oriah
BBM
That is too bad that they have not been proven to do the deed...:banghead:
It should have been proven by now.
BUT NOOOOO,
we get more postponements and more derailments on a regular basis.
IMHO it is not helping anything at all. WE KNOW they did the deed.

Thinking of you this morning Shaniya.

Bump Bump. You are never far from my mind Shaniya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708