Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Her clothing as stated.

Light blue bikini underwear or bathing suit bottom found in front jeans pocket.

A blue Buntees Sportswear" t-shirt, size M, with bottom that had been cut away, blue Levi jeans, blue one-piece bathing suit.

Was the shirt cut away at the bottom, or were her pants?

And are they Lee or Levis?

The more I look at that, I wonder if it isnt just dirt in her mouth. Theres a lot of it all over her tongue and what not. Her teeth looked chipped and cracked. Maybe from falling face down.

I wondered if it wasn't bruising and distortion from the wound in the back of her head? If she was face down, also, the blood would have pooled there.

She also has very unique dentals. She is missing her right lateral incisor (#7), but not the left (#10). Her right canine has come forward to close the gap, so it appears to be either a genetic condition, or a condition that she has had since she was young. She also has a veneer or bonding over her upper-left front tooth (#9).

The way her teeth meet in the middle with that little bit of a vee along the line the biting surfaces make at the bottom (as seen in the pictures with her lips retracted) reminds me a little of Julia Helen Klachan. I suspect she isn't Klachan, but I'm not so good at comparing teeth from grainy doenetwork shots to be able to rule her out.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2508dfbc.html

The way her teeth meet in the middle with that little bit of a vee along the line the biting surfaces make at the bottom (as seen in the pictures with her lips retracted) reminds me a little of Julia Helen Klachan. I suspect she isn't Klachan, but I'm not so good at comparing teeth from grainy doenetwork shots to be able to rule her out.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2508dfbc.html

Julia's teeth are pretty straight. And her nose is wide and bulbous. SFJD's nose is much narrower.

Also, Julia is smiling wide enough in the photo that you would see the gold crowns on her upper molars if she was SFJD.

I'm thinking she was maybe in her early 30s. She Dosent appear at all to be in her mid 20s.

I emailed the coroner. I shot him a few questions. Hopefully he'll have some more information.

We're getting closer folks.

I was also looking at her teeth. They were in very poor shape. I really do wonder if she wasnt a prostitute. Almost all of her teeth have those crowns. They must have been in bad shape. I emailed a dentist I know and asked him for his opinion on the dental work that was performed.

I was also looking at her teeth. They were in very poor shape. I really do wonder if she wasnt a prostitute. Almost all of her teeth have those crowns. They must have been in bad shape. I emailed a dentist I know and asked him for his opinion on the dental work that was performed.

She only has crowns on two upper teeth (3 and 15), but she has fillings in fifteen other teeth. At first, I thought the dental charts were filled out incorrectly, but I realized that the photos that appear to show crowns on her lower teeth are actually a mirror placed in her mouth to reflect up on her upper teeth.

And you can also see the borderline of the bonding on her upper left-front tooth (#9).

But they definitely were poorly cared for. There is a lot of plaque between her teeth and around her gumlines.

Is that new information that men's underwear were covering the wounds in her head? If so, so much for the witnesses assuming she was sleeping. :/ I think they simply didn't want to get involved.

Is that new information that men's underwear were covering the wounds in her head? If so, so much for the witnesses assuming she was sleeping. :/ I think they simply didn't want to get involved.

The detective had told this, it was something he didn't want made public. But I have a feeling the coroner released this info without his knowledge.

The detective had told this, it was something he didn't want made public. But I have a feeling the coroner released this info without his knowledge.

The underwear is an interesting bit of information. It makes me think that she was with a guy, they were both dressed for wherever she thought they were going, and both had bathers on under their clothes and their underpants in their pockets. So... someone she had a rapport with, someone she trusted, someone she might have had a discussion with about how they were to take their bathers with them.

No towels found at the scene though. Did he take their towels away with him, or was she assuming there would be towels there?

The only way a scar can be aged is while it is healing after a surgery or injury.* Once a scar is healed, there is no way to date the surgical procedure or the injury that caused it.

Just got that reply from the coroner about possibly telling when she had given birth based off her body.

Those photos really bummed me out. :( She looks so pitiful.

The new facts only confuse me more...

-Why was she barefoot? Its freezing cold with snow on the ground and shes already underdressed, why was she not wearing shoes?

-Why was her underwear in her pocket? This info makes me feel fairly certain that they were going somewhere they would be getting wet/swimming so she changed into her swim suit and put her clothing back on and her panties in her pocket.

Given the nature of the highway (it being used as a scenic route to take instead of just the highway) I have to wonder if they werent going on some sort of trip that would involve going somewhere to swim - since we now know that more than likely she was killed closer to morning than night I wonder if the male she was with pulled over there so they could change into their swim suits?

They could have pulled into that area, gotten out of the car and walked far enough down the path that she would have felt ok changing into her swimsuit without fearing anyone could see them - her removing her clothing/shoes, putting on the swimsuit and jeans/tee only for him to kill her before she could put her shoes back on throwing HIS swim shorts on her face to cover the wounds? If the intent was to change into things suitable for swim it would only make sense he would have to bring his shorts as well so she would think they both would be changing?

- Id really love to know more about the people that found her - I find it rather confusing how anyone would assume she was sleeping if she was "prone on the ground" with shorts over her head.. Was it the people that found her the ones that said that she looked as though she was sleeping or were they able to question others in the area that didnt report her but admitted seeing her?

- How long does it take for a c-section scar to be "well healed"? Does the size of the scar (11cm) give any indication of where it was performed? Would there be any difference in size if you got a c-section in the US vs other places? Oddly, its hard to understand how she could be a mother and was never reported missing - she obviously has a child somewhere, why wasnt she noticed missing at some point unless shes from a different area or even outside of the US? If we knew how healed the scar is we would know more about the age of her child?

That mole on her neck should be quite helpful in being able to identify her - the mole is located in a spot that arent typically covered by a shirt so it could be used to rule out people.

np26ba.jpg

I have a couple questions for anyone that knows..

Whats going on with the back of her neck? It looks.. thicker (cant think of the right word) than normal or something (on our right below her ear)? Was this caused by the injury or from being the position she was in?

Her collar bone and shoulders make her look like shes really underweight for her frame...

When they say defects what do they mean? Was there other wounds caused by something more than the gunshot? She seems to have several wounds though they could have been caused by the gunshot or the falling into the ground.

Are there any vaccinations that are given in the knee?

1- there's a plank of wood propping her head up for the picture.

2- I think it is because a lot of blood drained from her by this point.

3- gunshot wound.

4- I don't believe so, maybe an old scar?

I googled the shirt she had on "A blue Buntees Sportswear" t-shirt" and came up with this..

http://bunty-sportswear.co.uk/ (The name is different but it seems odd that they werent related due to the odd name and the sportswear bit)

The bunty website says that its the leading supplier for male and female ice skating outfit/gear in the UK - the hair in a bun, weight & badly bruised toe all pointed me towards being in ballet but all of those things could also point to her being an ice skater.

Event with ice skaters in/around nevada when she was found - some made up of international skaters.

Jan 2, 1982 Link

Julia's teeth are pretty straight. And her nose is wide and bulbous. SFJD's nose is much narrower.

Also, Julia is smiling wide enough in the photo that you would see the gold crowns on her upper molars if she was SFJD.

Unless she got the crowns after those pictures were taken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back