Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

from the article:

"He also took note of the request of an unnamed witness, also identified by Nolan as a victim, to defer the trial until after she had finished her senior year of high school."

REALLY?!! i feel very sorry for what this girl has been through, but seriously, her input should not be a consideration for when his trial is going to be. BROOKE'S PARENTS want the trial as soon as possible!! omg, i can't take it, so furious!!

joga I am beyond furious and this should not even be allowed to happen.

lonetraveler I am with you,,,try the slimeball in Texas where they do know how to serve up real justice. He would beg to stay in his little state of Vermont.

Perhaps the unnamed witness knows they will be victimized in school if they talk. Seems to me there is a contingent in the community that either is in complete denial or does not want the whole truth to come out. I feel for this victim, but why not prosecute him now for Brooke's death and prosecute later for this victim....it doesn't make sense to me, but perhaps there is more to this that will come out at trial?

Anyone know where Jacques is being held and why he hasn't had the #$%^ beaten out of him in jail?

He is being held in a prison in New York and is not out with general population because he would be dead and would save us ohhhh so much money as taxpapers.
He was also in a prison in MA for some time too.
This mudering sadistic slimeball is highly protected unfortunately.

Can you believe that??? I saw it yesterday and am floored. He certainly does not want to die and I believe he should for his crime/crimes.Just do it and get it over with already!
Come on Vermont! The time has come! I do not want to support this sicko for another year and then more.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...acques-defense-Taint-team-use-violated-rights

Jacques defense: 'Taint team' use violated rights

The improbable July 30, 2008, jailhouse meeting in St. Albans between Michael Jacques, suspect in the killing of his 12-year-old niece Brooke Bennett, and Michael Garcia, a friend from Arizona pretending to be his lawyer, was almost over.

Jacques thought he had persuaded Garcia to carry out a complicated plan on Jacques' behalf designed to shift blame for Bennett's death to a sinister -- and fictitious -- Internet ring of child sex predators.

Now, according to federal court documents, he was trying to make Garcia understand the urgency of executing the plan.

"I said it before, and I have to keep sayin' it, but time is of the essence," Jacques told Garcia. "If I get indicted, it's going to be almost impossible to get, um, another hearing."

"OK," Garcia responded.

"It's time to do this now," Jacques continued. "So it's going to take a focused effort on your part and mine for the next week or so. And then we'll be OK. Well, we just really need to make sure we're on it every day."

"Yeah," said Garcia, who was wearing a hidden microphone that day and was cooperating with government investivators gathering evidence against Jacques.

Today, lawyers for Jacques will ask federal Judge William Sessions to suppress, or throw out, all of what the government got via Garcia, including the taped conversations, Jacques' 27-page plan and the accompanying set of e-mails he gave Garcia to send to lawyers, family members and the media.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

A nationally-recognized sports journalist is now writing about a Vermont murder suspect.

Buster Olney covered the New York Yankees and Giants for the New York Times and often appears as a baseball analyst on ESPN. He grew up in Randolph near Michael Jacques. Jacques is charged with raping and killing his own niece, 12-year-old Brooke Bennett.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13907396

Thanks mermaid,I did catch this somewhere on the computer. If this book goes ahead I hope all the money does not go into his pocket but to help the cause of keeping this from happening.Oh and to make sure that Michael Jacques rots in hell.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110209/NEWS02/102090314/Jacques-attorneys-cite-poll-in-effort-to-change-venue[/URL]

"So many Vermonters are aware of the case of Michael Jacques, the man accused of kidnapping and killing his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett, in 2008, that he can't receive a fair trial in Vermont, his lawyers claim in new court papers filed this week in Burlington.

"It has been more than two and a half years since Mr. Jacques was charged, yet there remains a high level of public interest in the case," reads a section of the defense team's court filing.

The lawyers cited an in-state poll conducted by ICF Macro Inc. of Burlington in October that found that 81 percent of Vermonters said "yes" when asked, "Have you heard about the case in Vermont where a man named Michael Jacques is accused of murdering his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett?"..."

Of course there is a high level of interest in the case because it is almost unbelieveable. He is one sick creep and many, many people knew it including his wife Denise who proceeded to have a child with him to boot. He knocked up his own sister and the list goes on and on. It should never have come to this, he should have been put away a long time ago and now the state of Vermont knows it.
I say let him go to trial in Vermont.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110209/NEWS02/102090314/Jacques-attorneys-cite-poll-in-effort-to-change-venue[/url]

"So many Vermonters are aware of the case of Michael Jacques, the man accused of kidnapping and killing his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett, in 2008, that he can't receive a fair trial in Vermont, his lawyers claim in new court papers filed this week in Burlington.

"It has been more than two and a half years since Mr. Jacques was charged, yet there remains a high level of public interest in the case," reads a section of the defense team's court filing.

The lawyers cited an in-state poll conducted by ICF Macro Inc. of Burlington in October that found that 81 percent of Vermonters said "yes" when asked, "Have you heard about the case in Vermont where a man named Michael Jacques is accused of murdering his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett?"..."

Just because 81 percent of the responders have heard of the case, does not mean that those 81 percent cannot sit and listen to a trial and its inherent testimony and offer a fair and just verdict against this MONSTER.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of high profile cases that received massive and widespread publicity. Those cases were brought to trial and each had a fair verdict rendered against the perpetrator(s).

These defense lawyers are trying to say that the general public is not capable of hearing testimony and coming to a verdict based on that verdict and not on public opnion.

You will note that the question asked was whether or not these 81 percent of Vermonters had heard of the case, not whether or not these 81 percent of Vermonters had reached a decision of guilt or innocence based on the publicity the case received. There is a HUGE difference in semantics at play here.

Bumping for poor sweet Brooke. Justice is coming, it has to.

Let's see. Committing one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, dragging the entire nation and WORLD into the "search", and being a dirtbag in general...and then complaining that it's not faaaaiiiiirrrrr because everyone and their illiterate brother has heard of you. Waaaaaaaahhhhh!

Kind of like a man who kills his wife and wants bail so the children won't be alone. GMAFB! The nerve on this guy is amazing.

:snooty::snooty::snooty:

Unbelieveable huh??? And his big high powered defense team is doing their hardest to defend this dirtbag.

Now seeing as he "worked" in New Hampshire and they still have hanging on the books I say he gets shipped next door to serve THAT sentence.

They can try this wherever they want, the evidence will convict this depraved monster...and the sooner the better.

from the article:

"He also took note of the request of an unnamed witness, also identified by Nolan as a victim, to defer the trial until after she had finished her senior year of high school."

Graduation is next week for the person in question. Perhaps this will bring some movement in the case.

Almost 3 years...let's hope this finishes soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back