CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point. Yes, in some cases, the cops follow the obvious, however, in this day and age, you have to be looking for all reasonable possibilities, which includes the obvious.

I see your point. Yes, in some cases, the cops follow the obvious, however, in this day and age, you have to be looking for all reasonable possibilities, which includes the obvious.

Thank you. This case is so frustrating. I'm sure the family has been wrecked all of these years. I wish there were more answers as does everyone else. I hope that the remodel will turn up some new evidence. This case needs a break for sure. I wish they had a solid suspect.

I want to bring up a UID that on an outside chance, might be Roger. He has been brought up here in the past as a possible match for Roger. There are some facial features that don't appear to match Roger's, and yet there are other parts that seem quite reminiscent of Roger's photos. This UID has a reconstruction. I've seen enough of them to know some are really good ones that closely match the missing person while others are only a very poor rendition. It depends on how good the artist is that's doing the reconstruction. So with that said, has Roger been compared to DoeNetwork.org case # 614UMCO found just west of Glenwood Springs in 2003?

What I'm seeing as a match, IMO, is length of face from the eye down, and the space between the UID's left eye and nose. Nose and lips are only the artist's best guess so these should not be part of a rule out. The age on the UID is listed as 35+, more than 20 years above Roger's age, but since so few bones were found with the skull, I'm thinking even the age could be off. Men have a strong ridge above the bridge of the nose which is usually hidden by flesh. Now this artist has given this UID something of a Neanderthal look so I'm not sure if in life this UID would've had such a visible ridge or if it would've been fleshed over so to speak.

Has this UID been ruled out as Roger?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/614umco.html

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on August 9, 2003 west of Glenwood Springs, Garfield County, Colorado
Estimated Date of Death: Undetermined
Skull Only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 35 - 55 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim was of Anglo-European decent. His complexion, hair color and style, and eye color are unknown.
Clothing: A partial pair of boxer shorts or shirt was found some distance below the bones.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located in a steep ravine on Red Mountain, just west of the city limits of Glenwood Springs, Colorado, on August 9, 2003. The remains were found in a steep, narrow gully that leads investigators to believe the skeleton was washed down over time by spring runoff.
A skull and between 15 to 20 bones were located. The jaw, with some teeth, was still attached to the skull when it was discovered, but there was no hair or tissue.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Garfield County Sheriffs Office
970-945-0453
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 03-4111

Source Information:
The Daily Sentinel

I want to bring up a UID that on an outside chance, might be Roger. He has been brought up here in the past as a possible match for Roger. There are some facial features that don't appear to match Roger's, and yet there are other parts that seem quite reminiscent of Roger's photos. This UID has a reconstruction. I've seen enough of them to know some are really good ones that closely match the missing person while others are only a very poor rendition. It depends on how good the artist is that's doing the reconstruction. So with that said, has Roger been compared to DoeNetwork.org case # 614UMCO found just west of Glenwood Springs in 2003?

What I'm seeing as a match, IMO, is length of face from the eye down, and the space between the UID's left eye and nose. Nose and lips are only the artist's best guess so these should not be part of a rule out. The age on the UID is listed as 35+, more than 20 years above Roger's age, but since so few bones were found with the skull, I'm thinking even the age could be off. Men have a strong ridge above the bridge of the nose which is usually hidden by flesh. Now this artist has given this UID something of a Neanderthal look so I'm not sure if in life this UID would've had such a visible ridge or if it would've been fleshed over so to speak.

Has this UID been ruled out as Roger?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/614umco.html

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on August 9, 2003 west of Glenwood Springs, Garfield County, Colorado
Estimated Date of Death: Undetermined
Skull Only

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 35 - 55 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim was of Anglo-European decent. His complexion, hair color and style, and eye color are unknown.
Clothing: A partial pair of boxer shorts or shirt was found some distance below the bones.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located in a steep ravine on Red Mountain, just west of the city limits of Glenwood Springs, Colorado, on August 9, 2003. The remains were found in a steep, narrow gully that leads investigators to believe the skeleton was washed down over time by spring runoff.
A skull and between 15 to 20 bones were located. The jaw, with some teeth, was still attached to the skull when it was discovered, but there was no hair or tissue.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
970-945-0453
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 03-4111

Source Information:
The Daily Sentinel

Good catch. Since DNA is available, perhaps someone could at least find out a blood cross type and match, or let me know how to find out, so that Silver1sb can determine if it is Roger or not. I am sure if a verified member of Roger's family was involved, LE would act quickly.

any updates on the Roger vs. Unidentified person?
They had to of had that done by now!!!

Amber, if you're referring to the earlier UID, there was no match. If you're referring to the one I just brought up, I'm not sure anyone's contacted an LE office regarding the possibility.

I only placed that UID here to get some feedback from others to see if they thought we should submit him for comparison.

It's quite possible he had already been submitted. I really don't know. I wasn't the first to suggest UID doenetwork.org 614UMCO as a match for Roger, but I also don't think anyone's gone so far as to call Cedaredge LE to inquire about a possible match.

Good catch. Since DNA is available, perhaps someone could at least find out a blood cross type and match, or let me know how to find out, so that Silver1sb can determine if it is Roger or not. I am sure if a verified member of Roger's family was involved, LE would act quickly.

Hey, how ya doing, Bennettras?
I was hoping some of the additional regulars who follow this case would chime in or silver1sb. The protocol here for WS submissions seems to be to wait for feedback from other posters before submission.

I was hoping some of the additional regulars who follow this case would chime in or silver1sb. The protocol here for WS submissions seems to be to wait for feedback from other posters before submission.

justthinkin, I saw that the UID was of Anglo-European decent.. I have no clue what Roger is hopefully silver can be able to say..

I also looked in Namus to see if this UID is listed, and it is not. Sometimes in Namus they have a list of people ruled out.

Hi chaddylex, Roger would definitely be considered Anglo-European. Anglo in the modern context refers to non-Hispanics. Together they would mean a non-Hispanic of European descent.

I do recall seeing this UID before, but I don't know if he's been submitted. I'd like to believe they've already checked him against Roger, but I take nothing for granted.

You could send the LE contact an e-mail or contact the Doe Network. Either should be able to say whether they've run it against Roger fairly quickly.

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I was also looking at some other UID's form the surrounding states and nothing seems to be panning out except for the UID you brought up justthinkin. Any word, or how do we go about this? I haven't heard from DrHog or Roger's sis of late.

I do recall seeing this UID before, but I don't know if he's been submitted. I'd like to believe they've already checked him against Roger, but I take nothing for granted.

You could send the LE contact an e-mail or contact the Doe Network. Either should be able to say whether they've run it against Roger fairly quickly.

I did submit Roger as a possible match for this UID, but got busy, and didn't follow up on it. Should be able to call them on Monday, and follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member