MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, folks? There is no end to what can be learned on Websleuths.

The lesson to be learned is to temper your exuberance with self-control....
otherwise, your wax will melt.

Yeah! I mean, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times! :D

But if the phones were taken on the spur of the moment, then somehow, I guess the person would have managed to get away without the phones pinging, because LE has told us (IIRC) that the phones have not been helpful in the investigation.

If the person took the phones on a whim, then they must have just happened to have knowledge of what needed to be done to stop them from pinging (is it remove the battery?), and then they must have taken the time to stop and do it in the midst of snatching baby L and making a get away.

It's just hard to envision.

(Note that I'm a member of WS and I'm not 100% sure how to stop a phone from pinging. Does the average person know this?)

I don't think the person kept the phones on his or her person for long so the pinging wouldn't really matter. I think the intent was to slow down calls for help.

I just remembered reading about a kid who was robbed at gunpoint here a few weeks ago. The robber demanded his cell phone first, and then his money and car keys. The keys and cell phone were tossed into a trash can a few blocks away.

I have had the coffee pot in hand looking around on the counter and table to figure out where I set the coffee cup which happens to be in my other hand.

Well, many a time I've been looking for my glasses while I'm wearing them:waitasec:

And on that note I say good night and will hope for some good news tomorrow.

It's not unlike walking around searching everywhere for one's glasses when, in fact, one is wearing them. Not that I'd know of course.

:floorlaugh: My dad would put them on top of his head then ask us later if we had seen them. We had a lot of fun with that. LOL LOL

The backyard thing is a puzzle isn't it.
It seems like if the cell phones were buried the dirt would be disturbed. :waitasec:

They didn't have to be looking for cell phones. In a case like this they could be looking for anything metal that might have fallen off the kidnapper or from his/her pocket.

New thread coming shortly. Stay tuned.

Good time for me to say good night, five o'clock comes awful early, especially on Monday...

Here's hoping and praying that there's good news overnight, eh?

Night all.

I haven't read much in MSM about any social life for the parents. Have any friends stepped up to support them?

Anyone watching the 10 pm news for the update promised earlier? I think about LE activity in KCK?

Good grief, I forgot th time difference. Never mind me. I'll just ask again in about 45 mins. :blush:

I am watching the Jeanine interview from last night and I just don't understand them. They are totally making themselves look guilty.
For example...the window. They say that they don't see how someone could get through the window since the screen wasn't all the way popped out. Just bent. They don't know why someone would put the screen back in.

another example...the dog. She says if the dog heard something it would bark. The dad's lightbulb went on to the questioning and tried to say well the dog is in the back and wouldn't see someone in the front. and then the mom contradicted and interrupted him saying that the dog would bark if there was a noise........

I just don't understand them...

on another note, I could watch that Captain Young talk all day! lol

But if the phones were taken on the spur of the moment, then somehow, I guess the person would have managed to get away without the phones pinging, because LE has told us (IIRC) that the phones have not been helpful in the investigation.

If the person took the phones on a whim, then they must have just happened to have knowledge of what needed to be done to stop them from pinging (is it remove the battery?), and then they must have taken the time to stop and do it in the midst of snatching baby L and making a get away.

It's just hard to envision.

(Note that I'm a member of WS and I'm not 100% sure how to stop a phone from pinging. Does the average person know this?)

I thought perhaps the reason LE said the phones weren't helpful, was to tell the person who took them they could keep on using them. Don't want to show your hand too soon.

I probably watch too many crime shows as I think LE can be quite clever. :innocent:

I dont have a link but I do recall reading here via link that when the man walking around mid night w a baby in only a diaper, he pretended he was walking into a home when he saw the witness drive by in a car.. Might be wrong, going off memory.

jmo

Just a diaper with temps in the 50's???

I would never imagine parents not having a phone in their room either. No children here, however the phone is on the nightstand by the bed, in the event of any emergency!

:)

I posted this the other night but I sometimes forget my cell phone in the truck parked in the garage. My .357 S&W is were it should be in the event of an emergency. Nothing wrong with calling 911, but will LE arrive in time?

They didn't have to be looking for cell phones. In a case like this they could be looking for anything metal that might have fallen off the kidnapper or from his/her pocket.

Is that normal in possible abduction cases? I just have never seen them go back so many times like that or at all in similar cases. Makes me wonder if they saw or found something or had a tip, maybe?

I understand the perp was probably not random, but I still don't get the lights. If he or she knew the house like a glove why turn on most of the lights? And Mom must sleep like she is in a coma.

Yes, an overdose can kill quickly. Does anyone have an estimate for the number of infants that are accidentally ODed each year?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/29/health/main590535.shtml- this is an article that states numberous overdoses and atleast 5 deaths in children. No age given but the articles talks about teens abusing the drug dextromorphan. The article was written in 2009. This was about the same time the law went into affect that dextromorphan was required to state over the age of 4 yrs old ONLY. BUT after seeing this comment and being a pediatric nurse and a mother.... It made me think they have older children in the home and most of us keep a stash of cold medicine. With a respiratory illness in a 10 mth old it can be a serious situation because their airway is smaller, inflamed etc... and dextromorphan slows the respiratory rate so low to the point it can stop their heart or stop their breathing all together. There are other articles I found that speaks of even adults ODing on dextromorphan. Some simple cough syrups used all the time such as Robitussin and Dimetapp used to contain Dextromorphan for children as young as 2 yrs of age and it was the immediate acting version. Now the FDA recommends the form that is in the name brand Delsym which is a slow releasing form and it less likely for children to OD on. Lets just pray this information does not factor in this story!!

She would not lose custody of her 6 year old due to an accident unless it was proven to be child abuse. That kind of accident is just that...and she would not be in trouble.

The whole reason for the existence of a Poison Control center is because children get into things. My son got into the refrigerator, took the CHILD PROOF cap off of his "pink medicine" (Amoxicillin) and took a couple of big old swigs when he was 2 years old. It happened while I was helping his older sister brush her teeth. I called poison control and my pediatrician in a panic. No one reported me for anything.

Sorry for the OT, but I loved the taste of amoxicillin as a kid. I don't know how my parents kept me away from it.

We use a cell phone charging station (here is a picture!) for all our phones in the house. It is on the kitchen island and everyone has to put their phones there at night. We started doing this because my teenage daughters would be texting at 2 & 3 in the morning....also because I could never remember to charge mine. This way everyone knows where there phones are....just wondering if maybe Lisa's parents didn't use something similar....it also comes in handy to keep little hands off our phones...lol! :)

Never thought about it before but I guess this would make it easier for a burglar to get a bunch of phones at once. We also do not have a land line anymore. I think maybe we should be rethinking this whole situation...lol!

Attachments

• cell phone charging station.jpg
    cell phone charging station.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 24
She would not lose custody of her 6 year old due to an accident unless it was proven to be child abuse. That kind of accident is just that...and she would not be in trouble.

The whole reason for the existence of a Poison Control center is because children get into things. My son got into the refrigerator, took the CHILD PROOF cap off of his "pink medicine" (Amoxicillin) and took a couple of big old swigs when he was 2 years old. It happened while I was helping his older sister brush her teeth. I called poison control and my pediatrician in a panic. No one reported me for anything.

Did you have to take him to the hospital ? I think they could definitely take her other child if they thought Lisa died because of negligence. The pink medicine is good ! My daughter hid her bottle in a drawer when she was 3 or 4. Luckily she didn't get the lid off because she probably would have drank the whole thing. I was pretty mad at my sister-in-law who was supposed to be watching her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member