Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Maverik, but if those jungle drums has enabled you to put together a new theory you could post that with the obligatory IMO/MOO etc then it is a theory not a rumour

hahaha..OH YES PLEASE

Here is my bit of sleuthing for the day as I was getting restless. Soonerfan#1 are you a moderator in training or otherwise connected to web sleuths because you tick every post but I cannot see you on the active user list?

To those who think he had friends in high places -
It may be the case but I also have politicians etc as friends of mine on Facebook. I have never met them but it keeps me updated on their work.
It is easy to become friends with public figures online.

Just saw Channel 7 news item. Nothing. A few mothers commenting at the Brookfield Show and a quick shot of GBC's car going into the basement garage of Century 21.

It may be the case but I also have politicians etc as friends of mine on Facebook. I have never met them but it keeps me updated on their work.

I though the pollies were everybody's friends ... especially around election time.:innocent:

Here is my bit of sleuthing for the day as I was getting restless. Soonerfan#1 are you a moderator in training or otherwise connected to web sleuths because you tick every post but I cannot see you on the active user list?

Wondered as well Rational, I've suspected WS/Mod from Oklahoma

I think they might be in the US and checking in on this thread, like some other websleuths from the states do.

Hi Acer, Sorry I don't mean to sound patronising to your post but I just want to clarify a few things. Unfortunately, GBC has a few friends in high places. He is a well known figure in the Brookfield Kenmore area with his hand in many pies. He runs within local political circles and sits on various committees. I don't think Facebook optimises his social and professional network. I wish it were not so but his family is well known and are regarded within in the community as being community figures of some regard.

OK - this, like the phone stuff is peripheral info that's a fun distraction but not that helpful.

How about we look at the latest police release, that a white 4wd, with dimmed lights, was seen driving slowly and unusually close to a blue 4wd around the Kholo area on the night in question.

ok why?

Following close
(a) being towed
(b) trying not to be noticed

(b) fails for me (attracts more attention imo), so (a)

why towed?
not lost keys (can't tow cos steering would lock)
not flat battery (lights wouldn't be on)

Thoughts?

I'm not a moderator, just enjoy your forum here. I have followed many US cases, and this case fascinates me. I have been a member of WS for several years, I am truly glad you all have joined this great forum. The people are just the best.

Maybe I should chime in sometime, but you all usually say everything I am thinking.

One question I do have, I thought I read in the media today that they found a sim card in the area was she was found near the roundabout. I can't find that report in the media again. I also wonder if there would be pics or more information on that sim card.

Carry on! Great discussion!

I'm not a moderator, just enjoy your forum here. I have followed many US cases, and this case fascinates me. I have been a member of WS for several years, I am truly glad you all have joined this great forum. The people are just the best.

Maybe I should chime in sometime, but you all usually say everything I am thinking.

One question I do have, I thought I read in the media today that they found a sim card in the area was she was found near the roundabout. I can't find that report in the media again. I also wonder if there would be pics or more information on that sim card.

Hi Sooner Fan, I saw that acronym this morning in the lingo room - can you tell me what the basement party means?

Hi Acer, Sorry I don't mean to sound patronising to your post but I just want to clarify a few things. Unfortunately, GBC has a few friends in high places. He is a well known figure in the Brookfield Kenmore area with his hand in many pies. He runs within local political circles and sits on various committees. I don't think Facebook optimises his social and professional network. I wish it were not so but his family is well known and are regarded within in the community as being community figures of some regard.

No worries Blacklodge :)
Just didn't want people to think that he was necessarily friends with them all. As you said he may have been acquainted with them through other means.

My bad because I didn't express whatI meant clearly enough :blushing:

Sorry for the delayed reply guys, i have 3 littlies, so i am only on here intermittently.
A criminologist!! That sounds like someone we need on here. haha Sounds very interesting... what sort of things do you do?

Hi The Dark Shadow, and welcome.

I know we all have a crush on Hawkins, but I would love to hear your comments too. Hawkins sounds like he knows what he is talking about, but it would be great to hear from someone else who can back him up, even if you're not first to the punch.
Just out of personal curiosity, what exactly does a criminologist do? I took several criminology units as part of my BA degree, and i have often thought about doing a masters in criminology because I found it so fascinating. However, no one has been able to tell me exactly where criminolgists are employed. It seems most people doing the masters are either cops or people who end up lecturing/researching criminology for universities.

Also agree with you on the reliability of the media, that was the first thing I was told in journalism 101 as well.

And dear Kimster, please forgive me, I'm not sleuthing this person, I don't want to know their exact place of employment, just a general idea of how a criminologist makes a living. :angel:
Hi Linette and Paradox. Thanks for making me feel welcome :)
As a degree, criminology is basically a multidisciplinary field;there are about 150 various occupational opportunities, so i won't list them all, but basically, a criminologist can work in corrections (correction officer), law enforcement (a lot go into policing), justice system (court roles-advocacy, youth justice e.t.c), federal police, customs, council (environmental crime prevention e.t.c), politics e.t.c....we learn it all, lol.

heres a good link if you're interested (this is the uni i attended): http://www.griffith.edu.au/criminology-law/school-criminology-criminal-justice

As for what i do personally... at the moment, i work from home doing freelance crime writing for various publications (e.g, most recently wrote a piece on prisoner health for a medical journal) and i will be doing this until my youngest child is at least 2. After that, i plan to work in child protection :)

I agree. I am happy to have a bro-mance with The Dark Shadow if Hawkins is going to keep resisting our advances. Welcome TDS :)
...and...
You're obviously desperate for a bro-mance, but how do you know TDS is male? and, I'm not sleuthing, I'm feminist...icating.
LOL, thanks guys...i am female :floorlaugh:

In order to post as a professional on Websleuths, we have a verification procedure. I've sent Dark Shadows information on becoming verified.
What a great idea! I will do that now :)
Cheers!

There was a sim card found on the bridge which Allison was found under. It was later announced that the sim had nothing to do with the case.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575 This is the article where they say it was not related to the case.

:floorlaugh:
Hey buddies you have me ROFL! :floorlaugh:!!!

Go do some sleuthing and see if any of the current employees (or maybe just past) owned a blue 4WD. IMO the blue 4WD did not belong to TM or anyone else we have been talking about on this forum.

Also has anyone else heard any rumblings about a suicide note? albeit, not written by Allison.

That's all I can say....someone else can fill in the gaps!

OK sleuthers...get to work!! :seeya:
I have had some suspicions about another person who may have a blue 4wd.....just not sure how to check. Have not heard about suicide note.......though

The sim card was found on Mt Crosby Road, near to where the body was found apparently but I think it was discounted.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-at-kholo-creek/story-e6freoof-1226343136675

Hi Sooner Fan, I saw that acronym this morning in the lingo room - can you tell me what the basement party means?

It is a room set up for just chit chat and off topic matters.

A lot of us have been friends for a long time and we share our everyday lives and personal stories.

It is called "Basement Party" because we get pretty silly in there and also have parties on selected dates.

Everyone is welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member