CONVICTION OVERTURNED AK - Kent Leppink, 36, murdered, Hope, 2 May 1996

Can anyone tell me if the hahahahah email is admissable in court? (sorry if this has already been discussed)

Can anyone tell me if the hahahahah email is admissable in court? (sorry if this has already been discussed)

I don't know. I think the letter has been removed, but I don't know how much else.

We need a lawyer on this thread...everyone put out a bat signal for Nancy Botwyn to come back and help us!

I would argue that the HAHA letter showed the deception Mechele was perpetrating upon Kent, along with her general character of back-stabbing, deceitful liar, as well as the disdain, self-centered attitude, and absolute disregard and lack of human decency she showed for Kent.

There's a pre-trial hearing coming up next week or so, but I doubt we'll hear much about it, as the reporting on this story, already small, has dwindled to practically nothing. I'll at least let ya'll know what the court docket says about it:)

Also to note there haven't been any further motions regarding Mechele working. She made this big deal about wanting to work and how she had a Master's degree so she should have a job (good lord, see my post upthread for more). But then SILENCE.

She's made her twitter account private, there's nothing remotely new on the blog, FB page, or "official" www.mechelelinehan.com page, either. Hushity hush hush.

And still another year to wait. Makes me nauseated. I suppose poor Colin is having to run the business, the household, the daughter, and still support Mechele up in Alaska while she does who knows what. Perhaps they've rented their house in Washington and relocated to Alaska for a year? I really don't know.

We need a lawyer on this thread...everyone put out a bat signal for Nancy Botwyn to come back and help us!

I would argue that the HAHA letter showed the deception Mechele was perpetrating upon Kent, along with her general character of back-stabbing, deceitful liar, as well as the disdain, self-centered attitude, and absolute disregard and lack of human decency she showed for Kent.

There's a pre-trial hearing coming up next week or so, but I doubt we'll hear much about it, as the reporting on this story, already small, has dwindled to practically nothing. I'll at least let ya'll know what the court docket says about it:)

Also to note there haven't been any further motions regarding Mechele working. She made this big deal about wanting to work and how she had a Master's degree so she should have a job (good lord, see my post upthread for more). But then SILENCE.

She's made her twitter account private, there's nothing remotely new on the blog, FB page, or "official" www.mechelelinehan.com page, either. Hushity hush hush.

And still another year to wait. Makes me nauseated. I suppose poor Colin is having to run the business, the household, the daughter, and still support Mechele up in Alaska while she does who knows what. Perhaps they've rented their house in Washington and relocated to Alaska for a year? I really don't know.

There is one Colin Linehan in Anchorage Alaska.

I've been wondering about the complete online silence about Mechele. I think the press could be doing this in part to respect the family, but I think that there's a bigger reason why the family wants to stay out of the news. There is an 11 or 12 year old daughter to think about ... that's important. The silence could also be a result of hoping that everything about the murder will fade away and that no one will pay attention as she uses every legal trick to get away with murder. What reasons could there be for wanting to keep a really low profile leading up to the next trial?

I've been wondering about the complete online silence about Mechele. I think the press could be doing this in part to respect the family, but I think that there's a bigger reason why the family wants to stay out of the news. There is an 11 or 12 year old daughter to think about ... that's important. The silence could also be a result of hoping that everything about the murder will fade away and that no one will pay attention as she uses every legal trick to get away with murder. What reasons could there be for wanting to keep a really low profile leading up to the next trial?

Considering they created the mechelelinehan.com site to "educate" the public, since they claim so much of the information out there already is incorrect, etc., it is curious why suddenly they are silent. I suspect you're right, otto, they are hoping people will forget about the whole thing, and she can wiggle and shimmy her way out without the public being any the wiser.

Additionally, there's probably not a whole lot TO say right now as the trial is a year away, but they (Linehans) haven't added ONE PIECE of new info to the site, not even the response to the one motion they have posted.

Reminds me of when toddlers cover their eyes and think you can't see them.

No worries, I'll be following this case to the very end.

Did the couple successfully direct people to one website to discuss the case, and then shut it down. I understand the same site also cencors remarks.

There are probably more people that are watching the case but who haven't found a common stomping ground ... they will, but it won't be a site managed by Mechele and her husband Collin.

... I like the ostrich reference!

Did the couple successfully direct people to one website to discuss the case, and then shut it down. I understand the same site also cencors remarks.

There are probably more people that are watching the case but who haven't found a common stomping ground ... they will, but it won't be a site managed by Mechele and her husband Collin.

... I like the ostrich reference!

Basically, it started as a "Free Mechele" blogspot blog, which stated up-front they were only supporting Mechele and would censor at will. The blog included links to Mechele's amazon wishlist, as well as a "shop" where one could buy "Free Me" merchandise (now discontinued, which was the topic of the last update, which was months ago). The blog is still up but contains absolutely no recent updates, not even a word regarding her trial being pushed back by a freaking YEAR.

Then there was, of course, a "Free Mechele" facebook page, which still exists and seems to pretty much be an offshoot of the blogspot blog. The censor discussions, posts, and questions with the same zeal as the blogspot page. Funny, though, is that you have to be their "friend" or join the group/page/whatever to comment on the facebook page, but the last few posts have been sleazy spam, like "Hey there, I'm Yasmine, come see my pics at ______.com," and it's taken the Free Mechele facebook page moderators a humorous amount of time to notice and delete those posts. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Other than that, it's been crickets over there, too.

Finally, there was www.mechelelinehan.com

This one, IIRC, was sort of touted as the new, improved website (to replace the old blogspot page) to go along with the new, improved trial. However, it's only been updated, like, twice since they started it, which was like...spring of 2010 or so.

8025.jpg

image link http://www.dgcommunity.net/dgcommunity//xMWimages/8025.jpg

Nanny nanny boo boo, I can't see you, you can't see me, I don't exist, you can't put me back in prison :razz:

:boohoo:

Here's the full episode link for anyone who hasn't seen it and would like to:
Lady In The Harbor - 48 Hours - CBS News

It was a good episode! If you've watched it, do you see similarities between the Mullenix case and Mechele Linehan's?

my snip for brevity!

hi guys, this case was mentioned in an ICA thread so I was reading up on it as I have forgotten most of what I knew -- I have not seen the 48 hours on linehan as they wont allow me to view it from the website while I am in the UK, I was thinking I would have to wait til I move back stateside next year to see it, but in this above quoted post, I can view the embedded 48 hours show ---!!

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to imbed the entire 48 hours episode on Linehan in a post for me (and anyone else not in the US who would like to view it?)? I would so, so appreciate it :blowkiss:

Hi 2goldfish!:) Welcome to this thread!

I'm going to post some videos, hopefully including the entire 48 hours and we'll see if it works better. What's interesting is that there are differences between the first 48 hours airing and the most recent one. I have them both on my DVR and wish there was a way to "zap" them to you!

News report including testimony from her husband:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwBQHfVkRbE

"Mechele Linehan allocution - AlaskaReport.com"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTRjLHJO338

Dateline episode:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30891933#30891975

I'll see what else I can find...the 48 hours is being elusive..

hi flourish!! :seeya: thank you so much for those links, I was on the 48 hours site here http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/07/48hours/main6753445.shtml?tag=mncol;lst;2 and the 2 part episode appears on the right but when I click it, it remians a black screen, and when I click embed, no links appear - they're clearly not kidding about it not showing in my country!! I wonder if YOU click imbed, will it work here?

that allocution video made me laugh and cry. ridiculous voice totally gone. ice face totally gone. now that it's about herself, she's all kinds of care, isnt she?

attempting part two

nope, won't work for me, either, otto, I get a story about Yale's Annie Le instead...very interesting...

I'm wondering if there's any connection between the post-prison-release edited verison of 48 hours and its subsequent "disappearance" from the web...I'm can watch it but that's it...weird...

I've tried embedding and copying, but it keeps showing a clip about Yale

... not sure what's going wrong

Does this link, by any chance work?

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...ite-cbs.com&tag=segementExtraScroller;housing

awww, I got so excited for a sec cause it looked like it was laoding then told me unavailable in my country :banghead: thank you so much for trying!

attempting part two

nope, won't work for me, either, otto, I get a story about Yale's Annie Le instead...very interesting...

I'm wondering if there's any connection between the post-prison-release edited verison of 48 hours and its subsequent "disappearance" from the web...I'm having trouble finding anywhere to watch all of it, so I don't think it's only b/c you're not in U.S., 2goldfish.

thanks anyways flourish! I appreciate you guys trying! I wonder if you're right, something that petty is right up her alley (cease and desist or something, when she should be worried about other things.)

attempting part two

I'm wondering if there's any connection between the post-prison-release edited verison of 48 hours and its subsequent "disappearance" from the web...I'm can watch it but that's it...weird...

Me too. I tried every combination of code I could think of to try to embed the video. What I got was the Annie Le story (2:07 min length) and below the correct video but it had 0 size - empty.

As goldfish2 mentions upthread, Mechele Linehan was discussed over on the Casey Anthony, so I thought I'd repost here some of my observations that I made over there, as I thought it interesting how the two women compare/contrast:

(from http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6528756&postcount=331)

Indeed. The Mechele Linehan case is one that seriously fascinates me, too. However, despite Ms. Linehan's cold, calculating narcissism and grating qualities (all IMO), I think she's physically gorgeous (although it makes me ill to admit it b/c she's really such an ugly human, IMO). Ms. Linehan has had years to cultivate her outward appearance while ICA hasn't and ICA also lacks the..."haughtiness" of Ms. Linehan (IMO and hope that makes sense--ICA is more..."snotty" to me, while Linehan's snottiness has matured into snooty haughtiness IMO. ICA shopped at Target and JcPenney (which are perfectly respectable stores, don't get me wrong), while Linehan shopped at Nordstrom, even when she was "working as a waitress" while her husband was doing his MD residency, IIRC.

OT Digression: (Mechele's husband was arrested for running out of Nordstrom with their fussy baby and ~$700 in women's clothing in the stroller--his story is that he was distracted by fussy baby who he was rushing outside to comfort and forgot that his wife had put clothes she apparently wanted to buy in the stroller...this is during a period of time where they claim they were so poor she was waitressing...how many waitresses can afford to shop at Nordstrom, I wonder).

Additionally, Mechele Linehan was not in prison while awaiting trial, nor was she made to stay in Alaska--she was home in Washington state. Her and her husband owned and ran a cosmetic laser center, so Mechele was able to be well coiffed, manicured, and IMO presumably botoxed, etc. IIRC, she was even able to ensure that her hair was a more natural shade before she went to trial, as opposed to other brunettes-gone-blonde that might get stuck in jail from arrest to trial and have to sit at trial with a stripe around their head.

During the trial, Mechele was still not coming in and out from jail every day, so she had the luxury of leaving the courtroom every day, choosing where to dine, sleeping in a hotel bed, showering every day, plus a myriad of stylish outfits complete with well-applied cosmetics and accessories. ICA doesn't have that, so there's no way she could pull off the Linehan trial look, even if she did have the same poise, beauty and fashion sense as Ms. Linehan.

FWIW and, of course, :cow:

Hey there, that was me that made the comparison between Mechele and ICA. I was glad to bring the case up again as there's not been much happening in Alaska lately.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the two women in question Flourish - but I still see similarities there. For me ICA is the uneducated, younger, cheaper version of Linehan.

hi flourish!! :seeya: thank you so much for those links, I was on the 48 hours site here http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/07/48hours/main6753445.shtml?tag=mncol;lst;2 and the 2 part episode appears on the right but when I click it, it remians a black screen, and when I click embed, no links appear - they're clearly not kidding about it not showing in my country!! I wonder if YOU click imbed, will it work here?

that allocution video made me laugh and cry. ridiculous voice totally gone. ice face totally gone. now that it's about herself, she's all kinds of care, isnt she?

That's weird goldfish as I'm in Australia and I've never had a problem viewing any of the 48 murder mystery shows. I'll try and find another link for you to the 2 hours show 'Love and Death in Alaska'.

Testing

Love and Death in Alaska- Part 1 (didn't work)

okay, I've seen cbs videos do this before - it's something on their end and the way they have it set up - it did this exact same thing when some of us were trying to link the Caylee 48 hours.

If you go direct to the site it is on about page 4 or 5 of the full episodes page and you should be able to watch it there. I just tried again and my country is not blocked.

Hey there, that was me that made the comparison between Mechele and ICA. I was glad to bring the case up again as there's not been much happening in Alaska lately.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the two women in question Flourish - but I still see similarities there. For me ICA is the uneducated, younger, cheaper version of Linehan.

Sorry, darnudes, I totally noticed it was you, but failed to give you credit over here...
Thank you, darnudes:) ;)

And ITA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288