WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand "search for the right 100 series." The write-up said you could select -100 and had all the stuff about only including a little that was not on the early ones. Do you mean you wanted to match the earliest 100 series, or do you mean you were trying for a -51?

I don't understand "search for the right 100 series." The write-up said you could select -100 and had all the stuff about only including a little that was not on the early ones. Do you mean you wanted to match the earliest 100 series, or do you mean you were trying for a -51?

No, the ones I was finding that were a 100 have new technology on them, new dash, gauges, electronics etc, the website I showed is the add on for my 2004 century of flight sim, I was trying to find the right type of 100 as in a older model with the old gauges etc, the UPS, FedEx planes all have the new upgrades on those planes so that would not be the correct 100 to get, I guess I worded it wrong by saying 100 series in that way.....sorry

I'll taake a screen shot of the inside of the 200 I have, I like this dash, I think it's the same as the 100? back in a minute

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/dave767/?action=view&current=727dash200series.jpg

I'm gonna take a look at my '68 TWA flight manual and see if I can find a few illustrations. It shows some newer things in their -231s and not in the -31s. Back in a while.

I too wanted to say

:welcome4:

:greetings:

and good to "see" you back too GeorgeR!

Glad to see this thread re-activated! I think Cooper survived his jump;
you know McCoy sure looks a lot like the sketch drawing of Cooper - no??

Hey Niner! Thank you very much. Nice to see you still here. I will be brief
and make a few other comments then pop out - Im working on something
I hope will help. I will look forward to your input.
G/Jerry

I wouldn't go so far as to say I think he did. As far as I'm concerned, there was a good probability of it. Can't comment about resemblance. All the time I've been studying Cooper stuff I've hardly paid a bit of attention to suspects. So many, and I'm in no position to investigate them. If one lived in my back yard I'd probably pursue it. If the FBI proves someone specific was the perp, I'll still remain just as interested in figuring out what happened.

Gray may have sown a poison pill with his new description ? Any thoughts - opinions ? He evidently pulled the description from one interview he found at Seattle? Gray was allowed access to the suspect files which Tom and his team were not, as I understand this.

There have always been rumors of 2 or 3 items in the physical description
the FBI was holding back. Gray's new profile eliminates one of those, so I
have wonder what exactly Gray was using as his resource(s).

In reality, I think the Cooper sketch looks like half of America for that time period, another reason we have so many new Cooper wannabee's.

Marla followed Carr's advice a lot! "maybe someone has that long lost Uncle" the comics, his appearance, leaving out the fact of the birth issue I uncovered!

I'm pretty sure she read what McCoy did by landing 5 miles from his house, Marla stated LD landed 6 miles from his home :waitasec:

Marla's story seemed to address too many specific points of recent
decent, almost intentionally, while ignoring other older issues still on the
table (but not in the news as much in the last decade)? Her story seemed tailored ? And there were aspects about LD's history which were touched but not fully researched, I thought could be important - examples, LD's wife and breakup at Vancouver in 1969-70, LD's love of games and game playing (with people and officials), and any official independent interview or examination of what the mother had to have known ....

There are some who claim Marla and the LD story are not finished. Very likely she will never appear on DZ again, or in any venue where Blevins could interrogate/humiliate her. Is her story over?

Im going to get back to work on the doc. Sorry this is taking so long.

I had not heard of Gray having a new description. Where could I see what you're referring to?

off topic:

I was unsuccessful in trying to see venus transit. Got out my dark prescription sunglasses. Put behind them the little flexishade thing I got when I had my eyes dilated recently. Over-the-glasses shades in front of the prescription shades. Acetylene welding goggle lens in front of that. With all that I was able to look, but the sun was still quite bright and had no magnification.

I had not heard of Gray having a new description. Where could I see what you're referring to?

This in a nutshell is it. Marcelled hair, rusy red suit coat vs black,
different chin line, fuller face and cranial proportions ...

It still leaves 2 features unportrayed, according to sources.

I believe this is the description provided by the gentleman who sat directly across from Cooper. A description which has always conflicted with the consensus description of the crew and ticket agent Hal Williams which the FBI finally settled on early in '72.

Attachments

• composite-daker-marcelled-hair-russet-jacket-poster-best-symposium-2011 C.jpg
    composite-daker-marcelled-hair-russet-jacket-poster-best-symposium-2011 C.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DBCooperSymposium-231x300.jpg
    DBCooperSymposium-231x300.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
off topic:

I was unsuccessful in trying to see venus transit. Got out my dark prescription sunglasses. Put behind them the little flexishade thing I got when I had my eyes dilated recently. Over-the-glasses shades in front of the prescription shades. Acetylene welding goggle lens in front of that. With all that I was able to look, but the sun was still quite bright and had no magnification.

Your best bet might have been an old fashioned pinhole camera made from a box, like for viewing a solar eclipse. However, Venus would have been a very small dot not readily seen. Try this NASA data link site, images still there - one of the sites we used here. Some good images still on the server. The different colors are due to the narrow wavelength filters being used such as UV 3500, Hbeta 4861,Halpha 6563, near IR at 7223 (a CO2 line), calcium, etc.

http://venustransit.gsfc.nasa.gov/

This in a nutshell is it. Marcelled hair, rusy red suit coat vs black, different chin line, fuller face and cranial proportions ...

Well, descriptions all over the map are about as good as a description of "everyman." At some time in my long past a popular kind of material looked black but, if you looked at it from certain directions or in bright light, it had another color like under the black. I remember red, blue, green.

Well, descriptions all over the map are about as good as a description of "everyman." At some time in my long past a popular kind of material looked black but, if you looked at it from certain directions or in bright light, it had another color like under the black. I remember red, blue, green.

on the other hand, what color was the uniforms the ladies were wearing for NWA, after a period of time that color could blend into the memory?

on the other hand, what color was the uniforms the ladies were wearing for NWA, after a period of time that color could blend into the memory?

Yeah, especially if that was mostly what he was lookin at as he pretended to be reading.

I checked my old TWA manual. Its illustrations of instruments are only of individual instruments or groups of related instruments. I can get you screen shots of any you'd like.

Also, if you'd like to buy a copy of the manual, it was cheap. I think it was only a bit over $20. No more than $30. It's about 105 megabytes pdf. Have to be careful not to copy it, but moving the file is OK. Yahoo! (or "google-it" if you must) Mach One Manuals. When there, select aircraft or commercial aircraft, then Boeing 727. Last I was there they had 3 or 4. The ones other than the TWA manual were all later vintage. This manual and the information in an old '63 article that was in "Flight Global" magazine is the most reliable info about what early -100 series 727s were like.

This in a nutshell is it. Marcelled hair, rusy red suit coat vs black,
different chin line, fuller face and cranial proportions ...

It still leaves 2 features unportrayed, according to sources.

I believe this is the description provided by the gentleman who sat directly across from Cooper. A description which has always conflicted with the consensus description of the crew and ticket agent Hal Williams which the FBI finally settled on early in '72.

This guy seems very different to me. Maybe FBI should have put out a poster for two or more people, as if he was a gang. Carr mentioned the idea that the people were debriefed separately, but the stews were being good witnesses during the flight and making notes about his discription, and Flo and the chief stew had time alone to discuss things while sitting in the car.

Yeah, especially if that was mostly what he was lookin at as he pretended to be reading.

I checked my old TWA manual. Its illustrations of instruments are only of individual instruments or groups of related instruments. I can get you screen shots of any you'd like.

Also, if you'd like to buy a copy of the manual, it was cheap. I think it was only a bit over $20. No more than $30. It's about 105 megabytes pdf. Have to be careful not to copy it, but moving the file is OK. Yahoo! (or "google-it" if you must) Mach One Manuals. When there, select aircraft or commercial aircraft, then Boeing 727. Last I was there they had 3 or 4. The ones other than the TWA manual were all later vintage. This manual and the information in an old '63 article that was in "Flight Global" magazine is the most reliable info about what early -100 series 727s were like.

Thanks for checking! put some of the 100 up that you have, I'm interested to see how close this sim will be, as they state it's matched!

This guy seems very different to me. Maybe FBI should have put out a poster for two or more people, as if he was a gang. Carr mentioned the idea that the people were debriefed separately, but the stews were being good witnesses during the flight and making notes about his discription, and Flo and the chief stew had time alone to discuss things while sitting in the car.

then Shaffner had the sketch redone...stating the ones before never really looked like him, all over the board as mentioned :waitasec:

The famous NWA-Delta red. attached

Attachments

• NWA Delta red_coat_1970s_color.jpg
    NWA Delta red_coat_1970s_color.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 7
  • richardtylerred NWA red to Delta red.jpg
    richardtylerred NWA red to Delta red.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
Hey Niner! Thank you very much. Nice to see you still here. I will be brief
and make a few other comments then pop out - Im working on something
I hope will help. I will look forward to your input.
G/Jerry

Regarding my input... :waitasec: I always love a mystery - and this sure is! You guys are talking about stuff I don't know about, sounds interesting - but a little over my head! :whoosh:

off topic:

Sounds exactly what my Huz was doing - he "thinks" he saw Venus, but like Georger said - it was like a very small dot!

then Shaffner had the sketch redone...stating the ones before never really looked like him, all over the board as mentioned :waitasec:

Yeah, eye witness descriptions aren't too reliable! Everyone sees something the other person doesn't!

So just waiting for "someone" - FBI? a relative finally talking? anyone!! :doh: to solve this mystery!!

No, the ones I was finding that were a 100 have new technology on them, new dash, gauges, electronics etc, the website I showed is the add on for my 2004 century of flight sim, I was trying to find the right type of 100 as in a older model with the old gauges etc, the UPS, FedEx planes all have the new upgrades on those planes so that would not be the correct 100 to get, I guess I worded it wrong by saying 100 series in that way.....sorry

I'll taake a screen shot of the inside of the 200 I have, I like this dash, I think it's the same as the 100? back in a minute

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/dave767/?action=view&current=727dash200series.jpg

as per Farflung (attached), does your sim have this (data output for it) ?

Attachments

• cabin rate of climb - alt.JPG
    cabin rate of climb - alt.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics