WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how Canadians are taught to write the numbers one and seven? Is it similar to Europe where the sevens are crossed and the ones have a little flag?

Also, regarding the run together writing, maybe Lyle was left-handed.
My eldest son and one of my brothers is left-handed and both tend toward that lazy style due to the way they hold their wrist.

Does anyone know how Canadians are taught to write the numbers one and seven? Is it similar to Europe where the sevens are crossed and the ones have a little flag?

That's how I write my ones and sevens

Were his fingerprints distributed in Canada as well as throughout the U.S.?
Yes, they were run through the FBI, RCMP, and AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System). I ran them through AFIS on the chance that, even if Lyle had never been arrested or had his fingerprints on file, he might have committed a crime where fingerprints were located, but it was an unsolved crime. His fingerprints weren't in any of the systems.

I wonder if he couldn't be Arab, maybe he was already depressed and after the attacks he got fed up of life even more because probably at that time Arabs were looked at as unwanted. Like Lyle Stevick who was accused of being communist maybe he felt he was looked at like a terrorist.

I had a dream about Lyle where he was identified and his first name started with an L

Does anyone have the feeling that Lyle might have been adopted?

What would make you think he was adopted? He is definitely NOT Arabic. I am pretty sure DNA testing would rule that out. I believe he is a Native American. IMO :D [

I totally agree Teresa, I think he's Native American or Native Canadian - or a mix of a native tribe with something else.

And if he were adopted, then we can carry that hypothesis further in that his parents must have REALLY wanted a child badly. Most people who adopt do. So one would THINK they'd be looking for him. I think the Native theory makes sense because many reservations are remote and it is not unusual for people to take off and not come back.
[/COLOR]

I only put the thought of Lyle being an adopted child because I think it could be a possibility

How does adoption have anything to do with this case? What or why would you think it's possible? There isn't one thing that indicates Lyle was adopted and if he was that still wouldn't give us our answers IMO

I only put the thought of Lyle being an adopted child because I think it could be a possibility
I would actually like to know why you think this and how it could tie into the case? You have been on this case for a long time and I don't think you would throw something like this out there..unless you had a reason. Let's hear it. :)

just curious Gina M.A LOT OF WHAT webslueuths is all about is ability to at least take a glimpse of a dead person.Check out crime library crime spider or find a death.that will no doubt give a big glass of toughen up!My point being.It is hard to talk crime when people are on this site that we all have to tread on egg shell's around.BRING BACK THE CRIME SCENE PHOTO'S!:rolleyes:

gee wizz! I'm adopted and quess what.I'm not Arabic either! that's gona devo my parent's!Who do you know that lives in the middle of no were and has near perfect teeth?.logic is a good thing!:slap:

Well I was just throwing an idea, and I think it is fairly possible. I'm not sure in what you can say looking at him that he is not Arabic as he looks Arabic as much as much as Hispanic or Native American. Cold case Lady who are you talking to about teeth and logic?

I would actually like to know why you think this and how it could tie into the case? You have been on this case for a long time and I don't think you would throw something like this out there..unless you had a reason. Let's hear it. :)

I'm not exactly sure why I put the "adopted" theory in here- I pretty much said it because it was on my mind at the time

The fact that Lyle had good dental care is not really that surprising to me. The reason is because for decades the federal government has been involved in dental health and education programs on indian reservations all over the U.S. A lot of these programs are integrated into the Head Start preschool program for 3-5 year olds. Children are given toothbrushes, toothpaste and taught to take care of their teeth. These programs were started due to the high numbers of children in N.A. communities suffering tooth decay from "baby bottle tooth syndrome" (sugary drinks in bottles with children laid down to sleep) along with statistically N.A. children having 2x the amount of decay vs. non-native children. The dental care these children receive is free and the programs that are set up are quite impressive. There was a huge push in the 1980s around this issue in conjunction with Head Start so I would not be surprised if Lyle was not in one of these programs. There are also a lot of programs on reservations that provide free or low cost orthodontic services as well. A friend of mine who is a blackfoot indian from Montana was the recipient of these services and has perfect teeth too. If anyone has been to St. Mary, Montana, that's about as far out in the middle of nowhere as you can get. If Lyle was Canadian I would assume there were similar programs available to Native Canadians as well. This early education about dental care could explain why Lyle had the toothbrush and toothpaste with him when he died. As coldcaseman said, "habits".

It is hard to talk crime when people are on this site that we all have to tread on egg shell's around.BRING BACK THE CRIME SCENE PHOTO'S!:rolleyes:

coldcaselady: about the "crime" scene photos (this was not a "crime" so why you insist on calling them that baffles me): you mention, ccm and docwho already explained WHY they are not being posted here. Go back and READ.

I will make this comment. I trust coldcaseman's conclusions about the case. The actual images of the scene and the dead person (not the retouched ones) all came from cold case man so they could be placed by me online where we might all see them to help in our WS investigation. Those not shown were deemed a bit too graphic and he did not wish to upset those viewing the images.

I think also most native american probably no longer live in tribes under huts but have houses and can buy their toothpaste and tooth brushes all by themselves. Some even go to school and have university diplomas, and can become doctors...

I think also most native american probably no longer live in tribes under huts but have houses and can buy their toothpaste and tooth brushes all by themselves. Some even go to school and have university diplomas, and can become doctors...

I think if you saw the way many Native Americans live on reservations STILL you'd be appalled. The poverty is shameful and your sarcastic comment shows you have no clue about the struggles these people face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74