CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

It will be very interesting to see what happens as a result of the reward offered in conjunction with the attorney / client privilege - this could change the face of missing people.

Prayers for Cedrika and her family.

No festive season for missing girl's father
Holidays accentuate frustration at lack of leads in daughter's disappearance more than two years ago

More than two years after his daughter Cédrika vanished without a trace, Martin Provencher faithfully keeps alive his fervent hope for her safe return despite the frustrating lack of new leads in the case.

Over the Christmas holidays, Mr. Provencher kept a votive candle burning in Cédrika's bedroom, which has been left the way it was on the day she disappeared in July of 2007, at the age of 9, from her family's quiet residential neighbourhood in Trois-Rivières, 140 kilometres northeast of Montreal.

Normally festive occasions such as Christmas are particularly difficult because they accentuate the sorrow and bewilderment at not knowing where your child is or how she is faring, Mr. Provencher said.

More: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ason-for-missing-girls-father/article1417089/

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Lawyer+reported+tips+about+Cedrika/2517565/story.html

Prominent Quebec lawyer Guy Bertrand said Wednesday he has passed several credible tips to police to help solve the disappearance of a little girl, including details about the identity of the alleged kidnapper.

Bertrand acted as a special investigator in the case of Cedrika Provencher, who vanished in July 2007. He is confident his work will eventually lead to the arrest of the people responsible for her disappearance.

Almost 3 years have past and still no sign of Cédrika Provencher, Trois-Rivières

Where are you Cédrika Provencher

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Family+Cedrika+Provencher+launch+foundation/3382315/story.html

Postmedia News August 10, 2010 6:02 PM

TROIS-RIVIERES — Three years after young Cedrika Provencher disappeared, the family of the Quebec girl launched a foundation Tuesday to help other families looking for missing children.

The nine-year-old vanished on July 31, 2007, outside her Trois-Rivieres home, midway between Montreal and Quebec City.

A $170,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts yielded no results.

This case just serves as a reminder: not all the "weird" perp type people come across that way. An unclaimed $170,000 reward? No one knows anything, it seems, and this is because whoever did it flies very, very low under the radar. I bet they are right under LE's nose and no one is the wiser. It makes me ill, as a mother, that someone could pass so easily for a good citizen of the community. Awful story. I will add this little girl to the endless list of prayers in my head.

I agree with you, Epochmiss. What I also find so deeply disturbing is the frequency and regularity with which these incidences occur -- in which one human being abducts/attacks/murders another more vulnerable soul. Humans truly are the most cunning predators, and it scares me how morally deprived many of them are.

Not a lead, not a word, not a thing found!! How can a little girl dissapear like than from thin air.. and HOW can someone lay so low under the radar that they never get caught.

Thinking of you always Cedrika. I keep a candle burning for you and your family.

Such a long time has passed, and nothing. Does anyone know if they have done an age-progression?

Such a very long time for this little girl to be missing with no resolution. I cannot believe they were not able to find the man described. :(

The other girl that was approached by the possible suspect with the same MO as Cedrika's kidnapper offered to give a description so police can make a sketch but they refused saying 3 were already done and none correspond.

The girl's description of the suspect:

Man in his 50's

5'9", 170 lbs

Greying hair

French speaking

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2012/03/20120330-113200.html

This was the original description of the suspect. It doesn't match up with the latest witness description.

The driver is described as a white, French-speaking man of medium build with chestnut-coloured hair, between 30 and 40 years old. He was wearing Bermuda shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and sandals at the time.

Doré said it was impossible for investigators to produce a police sketch because they are missing vital features. The suspect could have changed his appearance in the weeks that followed the kidnapping, he said.

The Red Acura

mtl-acura0906.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2007/09/06/cedrika-progress.html

Note: The latest witness said the man approached her on a bike. This was the day before Cedrika's disappearance.

(link up thread)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back