UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 year olds can talk....wonder what the little one is saying???
Though he may of just slept through everything..........and only remembers
the smores!

yeppers, did the 4 yr old have some s'mores? sledding, and then more s'mores? 4 year olds are VERY cognizant!

yeppers, did the 4 yr old have some s'mores? sledding, and then more s'mores? 4 year olds are VERY cognizant!

Oh Lord a Mercy. My little 4 year old used to run to daddy every time I did anything! He would give dad a detailed itinerary of what we did that day, all the way down to the perfume I really shouldn't have bought.

Funny - he still does that to this day -- I can't get away with nuffin.

Mel

ETA: hubby is following this case with me. Tonight he said "hey, hon - wanna go camping this weekend. Say we leave around 12:30, muwuahhhaaahhhaaa". Gave me the ebbie jeebies (though I know he was kidding).

There is someone commenting on the KSL story stating that he works with Josh - an IT job... says he had not been a realtor for a while.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8997206&comments=true

so, no go as a realtor even with all the fanfare. aka LOSER. from the site that hellolisakitty provided--take it for what you will:

One testimonial is from Steve Cox, which is Susan's maiden name, and another testimonial is from Kiirsi, who is the friend listed as holding the vigil last night on behalf of Susan.

hellolisakitty :bang:

One of the articles I read said that his 4 yr old son was questioned also. I am sure that his Dad was present during this questioning, so........?

A little more info here.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13954018

Noting that this story states she was last seen on Sunday at 10 PM rather than Saturday.
Initially Susan, her husband Joshua and their children were reported missing.
Neither Susan nor Joshua was at work on Monday. But Joshua and the two children (4 yo, and 1 yo.) returned home on Tuesday.
Investigators are interviewing Joshua Powell and plan to talk to the 4 yo. child.

My hinky meter's on overdrive. I hope this woman is found safe and soon. But I think many will agree where this case is likely going. (Sigh, it NEVER ends, does it?)

Praying for Susan.

eta: picture at link.

I hate to point at the husband right off the bat BUT.....what husband/father takes 2 and 4 year old kids camping in below zero weather??? What father takes 2 and 4 year old kids camping by himself in any weather??? Not many.

The mother's phone and purse were still in the home. The husband rolls in sometime Mon. He didn't bother to let his work know he wouldn't be there on Monday. The wife didn't call in either but that was because she is missing.

This story isn't adding up to me. Not in the least. They couldn't check the camp site because snow would have covered the site so it can't be proven that he was there. Does he have a camper or something? What fun would it have been to take to babies camping just to sit inside a camper so you can stay warm? Why wouldn't the wife have gone? Something wrong here. Probably same old story with different names in it and like someone else said...two little ones without a mama and dad.

One of the articles I read said that his 4 yr old son was questioned also. I am sure that his Dad was present during this questioning, so........?

so, what does that mean? especially if Dad was present? which I doubt.
just my thoughts, but...thinking he, and baby bro slept through entire thing.
coming from a Mom 'o kids at 1am most particularly in the cold

I bet they stayed in a motel somewhere and the police will find this out.

Did they have a fight that got out of hand?

They have 2 children who were with them, it seems, but a 2 year old cannot communicate distress very good, can they? And a 4 year old can be manipulated easily by a parent.........

Looking at the photos of Susan, she is smiling and happy looking! I bet those two boys of hers were her life.......

so, what does that mean? especially if Dad was present? which I doubt.
just my thoughts, but...thinking he, and baby bro slept through entire thing.
coming from a Mom 'o kids at 1am most particularly in the cold

I am sure they questioned him in the very early stages of their investigation. There is no way they could/would talk to him without a parent present?

Not much info.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

Last seen at her home in West Valley City on Saturday and her family reported her missing on Monday morning.

Brown hair
Blue eyes
5'4" tall
weighs about 130 lbs.

Tips, call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.

Did you all watch the video? Catch at the end where 'friends said that the couple had had marital problems in the past but things had seemed to have gotten better.'

:(............................That is NOT what I wanted to hear. Unforutnately, it's a FAMILIAR development that has played over and over and over and over on the pages here at Websleuths.

My prayers to the family and the hope that Susan is found. Unfortunately, I don't have a feeling of a 'happy end' to this story.

JMHO
fran

PS........gosh, I didn't realize there was already so much discussion about this case. I just saw it today. I'll wait until I catch up before I post any more.....fran

This is pure speculation on my part, but that Susan wasn't feeling well and went to lie down aroud 5pm makes me suspicious that Susan was poisoned by her husband with something he put in her dinner. Then he went back later to take her and dispose of her. If that is the case I hope she was gone before he disposed of her, and I pray that she never knew what was happening. This sounds to me like a case of premeditated first degree murder. JMHO

:dance: Great Minds Think Alike.

I noticed that most of us are talking about Susan in the past tense..........
I think we are all thinking the same thing which is so sad!!!

Wondering about the new job he was to go to on Mon.
Did he not want to work?
Did he have a secret life like Hastings or that other husband that lived from credit card to credit card and some ebay business that flopped and so he killed his wife and baby and went to England???
OR did she have allot of credit card debt trying to keep a family together on 1 income?
He was gone from midnight til 5 pm the next day?
I'm sure LE will have people come forward as to who saw him in restaurants etc with 2 little boys.
2 year olds sometimes aren't potty trained!
Did he pack diapers? change of clothes? toys? blankies?
What kind of car? truck? van? did he have?

She's little......5'4" and 130 lbs...........how big is the husband?
Did anyone see the house? the layout?
Did I read correct, LE took 2 fans out? ceiling type? wierd.......
blood splatter? why 2 fans??? It's cold???

Oh, I totally agree.

But that wet spot on the floor and the 2 fans left to dry it. I'm sure we won't be surprised at what the forensic tests show about it.......

Thanks I missed this, so there was a WET SPOT on a rug? and 2 fans left on to dry it?
HINKY meter just went off the chart now!

Bet he thought he would come home and report her missing, but her family beat him to the punch!
and it's the holidays............why during the holidays???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88