GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was confused but understand now. Edited my post because I was wrong.

Boyfriend did not report her missing. Coworker did. Blood in house sign someone was injured. Some time between Wednesday and Thursday, truck is moved.

snipped more

Herrmann's co-worker at Dairy Queen reported her missing on Wednesday after she didn't show up to work, Barber said. A sheriff's deputy went to her home in Howard, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus, twice Wednesday night and found lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway.

"No one answered the door," Barber said. "There was no sign of anything out of place."

Authorities returned to the home Thursday after the concerned co-worker went to the house and found blood inside. Investigators confirmed the blood but said they didn't see signs of a struggle, like overturned chairs.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7292141.html

No one has reported when the truck was moved to the college property have they? It doesn't make sense to me either. Moving the truck to a place where it can be found doesn't really serve any purpose. If they were kidnapped, why would the kidnapper go back to move a truck risking leaving evidence behind in the truck?

Maybe they hadn't left yet. Coworker sure called LE mighty early so a perp may not have had time to actually leave. Not sure if I really believe this happened, but thought I'd throw it out there. FYI, the coworker called a little too early for my comfort, unless he was closer to Tina than we know and knew something had to be wrong. This may be true (that they were close), given that he went to the house later on.

(OT: This is my 1000th post... I love being a part of WS, with all the effort, knowledge, and concern that are put into these cases. Honored to be a part of it. Now, back to sleuthing...)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/13/ohio.missing.family/

"There's a lot of anxiety," about the four people's fate," said Pastor Todd Miller of Amity-Apple Valley Baptist Church in Mount Vernon, about five miles from Howard. "I don't think anyone is trying to speculate."
Kody Maynard has attended the church with a friend, Miller told CNN. "He is very nice, very polite and quiet."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...x-county-home-was-unusual-amount.html?sid=101

The homes of 41-year-old Stephanie Sprang and her friend, 32-year-old Tina Herrmann are just around the corner from each other. Both have been missing since Wednesday. Also missing are Herrmann's two children, 13-year-old Sarah Maynard and 10-year-old Kody Maynard.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources is searching Apple Valley Lake, a few miles up the road from the women's homes.

The Ohio State Highway patrol's aviation unit is searching from the sky, and the FBI is helping on the ground.

The Central Ohio Child Abduction Response Team and volunteers with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have also arrived to assist.

All the while, the families wait and try to come up with their own answers.

"They are brainstorming, backtracking, trying to figure out where Stephanie went, where Tina went, where they could be," Barber said.

Maybe they hadn't left yet. Coworker sure called LE mighty early so a perp may not have had time to actually leave. Not sure if I really believe this happened, but thought I'd throw it out there. FYI, the coworker called a little too early for my comfort, unless he was closer to Tina than we know and knew something had to be wrong. This may be true (that they were close), given that he went to the house later on.

(OT: This is my 1000th post... I love being a part of WS, with all the effort, knowledge, and concern that are put into these cases. Honored to be a part of it. Now, back to sleuthing...)

Maybe I am confused. Do you mean the supposed perp was still there? But didn't the article mention that the deputy found the pickup truck there, so wouldn't the deputy have noticed another vehicle there if someone else were still there. I was interpreting it to mean that somebody had to have come back to move the truck later.

A sheriff's deputy went to her home in Howard, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus, twice Wednesday night and found lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway.

but if both of their vehicles have been abandoned then where the heck could they be? 1. borrowed/stole a car 2. rented a car 3. took a cab to a train/bus station or airport 4.hitchhike???? any ideas??

Amtrak is the only passenger train service in Ohio. From Mount Vernon, you have to go to Cleveland or Cincinnati to board a Amtrak passenger train.

If you want to ride on the Greyhound passenger bus, you have to go to Mansfield or Columbus. A check of the Greyhound website reveals that they don't have a terminal in Mount Vernon.

http://www.greyhound.com/en/locations/locations.aspx?state=oh

If you want to fly on a major passenger airliner or commuter airliner, you have to go to the airport either in Columbus or Cleveland.

But if you have or can catch a ride on a small private jet, there is a county airport outside of Mount Vernon.

http://www.knoxairport.com/index.html

I followed a video link off of the news 10 page to Sheriff David Barber's News Conference. He explains how the campus lockdown came about, which puzzled me, and comments that the case is very unusual.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html?videoUrl=/sites/10tv/videos/2010/11/12/sheriff-speaks.xml

In case the xml link isn't working, look for VIDEO EXTRA to the left of the photo caption at this link:
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/12/story-gambier-4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-The-Maynard-Kids/174173612594279

FB page posts that the vigil was a success and family seemed to appreciate the support.
Another search begins at 7am by volunteers.
Press briefing tomorrow at 2pm.

note: there is one poster who continues to say she knows what happened to them, she says Kody was texting with her when it happened and told her.
Most other posters believe she is not credible and it appears that
this person has been reported to the local police, in case she does
have significant info.

Maybe I am confused. Do you mean the supposed perp was still there? But didn't the article mention that the deputy found the pickup truck there, so wouldn't the deputy have noticed another vehicle there if someone else were still there. I was interpreting it to mean that somebody had to have come back to move the truck later.

A sheriff's deputy went to her home in Howard, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus, twice Wednesday night and found lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway.

They could have gotten there on foot, in a vehicle with Tina, etc. Again, I'm just throwing this out there, although it was the first thing I thought of when i read the question about 'why would a perp return to move a truck.'

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-The-Maynard-Kids/174173612594279

FB page posts that the vigil was a success and family seemed to appreciate the support.
Another search begins at 7am by volunteers.
Press briefing tomorrow at 2pm.

note: there is one poster who continues to say she knows what happened to them, she says Kody was texting with her when it happened and told her.
Most other posters believe she is not credible and it appears that
this person has been reported to the local police, in case she does
have significant info.

I was just reading those posts as well as the poster's profile/wall. It appears that she really is 11 (based on her posts/pics) and lied about her BD so she could get a FB account w/o parental consent, or it's not a child. I tend to think it is a child (who may/may not be telling the truth) b/c an adult impersonator would know that LE would come track them down.

ETA: She "liked" her own status... I think this is a child needing attention... :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-family-prompts-college-lockdown-search/story?id=12139637
He said a search of the home revealed it to be in "unusual condition" for a place where woman and children lived, but did not specify what that meant.

Just bringing this back out.... unusual condition for a place... where woman and children live...

thanx for bringing this back dreamweaver :) this "UNUSUAL conditions" has me stumped. one of the articles that someone posted earlier, the sheriff said "UNUSUAL amount of blood" so is blood making it UNUSUAL, or something else like the furniture was gone or all the windows were broken or ????? EVERYTHING up to this point is UNUSUAL imo...

Since FBI is involved, it will be super, duper easy to find out what texts went in/out that night (previous nights, and nights after - in the case of.)

I am sure that they already have those pulled since ex-bf talked about text msgs about feeding the dog.

i would like to believe that maybe th & kids were just attempting to split outta town while gb was out of town golfing. but with le saying that they are suspecting foul play - that cant be good... does anyone believe that they are still in the area on foot? or staying in another home?

Another vehicle besides Stephanie's could have been in the garage. So many different scenarios fit in with what we know, especially since we have so many and varied "facts" and times to work with. :curses:

or staying in another home?

I can't think of a time in my entire life (and I have children, too) where I didn't turn on the tv, or didn't leave my house/friends house, go to the mailbox, go to the post office, gas station, bank, in the span of 72-hours (and, I am a student as well, cramming for finals is the closest I get to reclusion)...
I mean, at this point, the entire town is looking for them. It's on the news. It's now front page CNN. 1,000+ members on a facebook page started on Thursday...

If they are somewhere else it's secluded, and they are not turning on the tv and doing normal, everyday activities. (They are using cash, they got new phones because the ones they have now aren't being used per LE.)

I was telling my spouse this morning that there are cases of people just up and leaving their life. But, as a parent myself, it's hard to bring myself to think that's what this mother did with her children - and a friend? Seems too hard to do without affecting the children. (Was thinking of the story of the "Run Away Bride" when explaining to my spouse.)

i would like to believe that maybe th & kids were just attempting to split outta town while gb was out of town golfing. but with le saying that they are suspecting foul play - that cant be good... does anyone believe that they are still in the area on foot? or staying in another home?

I keep reading that LE doesn't think it's an abduction...yet they've also said foul play.

I keep pondering if Tina wanted to take the kids & leave, why would her truck be left over by the college? Was she meeting someone there to take them away?

And if she was wanting to just leave, why the blood from 'an injury' found in the house?

And why is Stephanie missing?

I'm just hoping they are somewhere safe - but you'd think by now someone would let their worried families know...well, unless for some reason Tina is terrified that 'someone' finds out where she is.

I think if Tina and Stephanie were planning on moving out while GB was out of town and golfing, Tina would have talked to her manager ahead of time and gotten a couple of days off to do the move.

I suspect that the reason the manager of the Dairy Queen acted so quickly in sending LE out to do a wellness check and then going out to the house in person, is because in other circumstances, Tina has probably called if she was going to be late to work, or was sick. It was the absence of any contact from Tina that concerned the manager.

I think it's very possible that Tina and the manager are close and the manager may have been privy to any problems Tina was having with her boyfriend. In one of the articles the manager is referred to as "she", so I think the manager is a female, and perhaps someone Tina has known for a long time outside of the workplace.

With LE saying they suspect foul play, and withholding a lot of details, I think that's the direction this case is going to go. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member