MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

I wonder if the calls came from disposable phones. The same thing happened in the Wix case...Jenn Wix made calls that LE have been unable to trace!!!

Was LE unable to trace the calls? Or was it the number went to a disposable phone and therefore not traceable?

Was LE unable to trace the calls? Or was it the number went to a disposable phone and therefore not traceable?

Good point, I don't think calls from a payphone would be traceable either, but at least they would have a location they were made from.

I certainly hope that they tried the luminol, but since it was partially wiped up, they probably found smears where the rest of the message used to be.

Good thinking, though.

Susan

Wasn't this a picture of the writting with luminol??

Attachments

• writting with luminol.bmp
    272 KB · Views: 124
No, the picture of the few remaining letters were from under the vehicle. The killer missed them when he cleaned the area of the words written in blood. The letters were not easily seen from a standing view. LE did not need luminal to see them, they just had to look under the car.

I have looked at these pictures for a long, long, time, and I still think they say "Seta" - which was the brother-in-law's name. What else do we know about him? He was married to Christine's sister, right? He may be the nicest guy in the world.....but his last name sure does look a lot like what was written in blood at the crime scene. :waitasec:

The link from MSNBC's current article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28774583/) claims that the letters are "S,S,E,U,I,C" . I don't know who confirmed that.

Just playing around with these letters;

essie, you, I see?

or someone with the initials S.S.E. you I see?

ETA;
What I see is J, S, e, v,
Then it's hard to make out, but my guess is C or an L, or a 1, then a G, or a 6.

So to me, I see; JSev16. The J and the S seem to me to be seperate and Capitalized.
I agree also that it could say J Seta, the a being backwards, and the v and 1 actually being a "t".

I also think they knew the killers. I think there are two since two knives appear missing, though I read from another poster that sometimes an extra hole for no knife is addedin a knife block. Nevertheless, LE states 2 knives are missing. Someone, LE thinks, Ron, made it out of the garage, but was dragged back inside. This makes little sense to me as the murders certainly weren't committed while the door was open? Chris, the woman, it appears dropped her cookie and turned to run into the house, so the assault on her husband was either in progress, or started as she got to the bottom step. Anyway, she recognizes something wrong only when she gets to the bottom step, and turns and runs back up the steps. Blood is found on the wall in smears, and the doorknob is bloody. That is in the pic where the door is closed. The pic with her slippers, the door appears open, but seems to be the same door. So, I don't know if there are two doors, or the same door in two positions.
The dot that makes the L, or 1 appear as an i seems to me a drop of blood from the back of the jeep, and isn't part of what she wrote, imo.

The crime appears to me to be very personal. They didn't take anything, though one poster says something was taken from a pocket of one, and they say it's a little money. I don't know where they got that info as no link is given, but I disagree. It could have been a business card, or something else that would identify the killer(s).
Though I don't know, I'm guessing the attack was personal against the man, and the woman was murdered simply because she was there and saw the crime against her husband.
The family member, lost, says that Ron got several calls that he avoided, or ignored within 48 hours of the murders.
I'm very sorry for your loss, lost. I pray your loved ones receive justice, and that it brings you some comfort.
Imo, this is not a random crime. Someone was angry with Ron. I want to say or wanted something from him, but no personal property was taken. Someone wanting to borrow money would have taken valuables, such as jewelry.
So imo, this was an act of rage against Ron.

Ron's son, in an interview gives me the impression that as parents, they expected a lot concerning the business
Working eighty hours in the beginning. Quitters never win, winners never quit. The mom and dad both seriously involved in the business, and all three children and Ryan's gf/wife was also an employee. As it is a meat business, I wonder if any of them are butchers by trade.
I can see these parents putting a whole lot of pressure on their children, and especially Ron Jr.
The parents were both 58, and the son, Ron, looks at least 40. His hair is graying. He showed little emotion in the interview and showed obvious signs, imo, of resentment, especially toward his father, but also toward his mother, but to a lessor degree.
I hope he isn't involved.
The father even called the son on Fridays on a regular basis concerning the business.
Imo, way too much involvement, and the children weren't allowed to go out on their own. They were perpetual children. Perhaps culture has something to do with it, but the parents and the son dressed like the average American family, the home, and hobbies, normal American hobbies, so I don't think culture was involved, but I could be mistaken. The son appeared to be dressed casual in the interiew, but seemed to me to have a serious personality, who carries a lot of weight on his shoulders. His business provides the livings of his whole family, his parents, brother, sister, children, etc. That's a lot of pressure.
I'm surprised the case hasn't been solved after all this time.
I wonder how the adult children are doing now, pertaining to the business.
moo

No, the picture of the few remaining letters were from under the vehicle. The killer missed them when he cleaned the area of the words written in blood. The letters were not easily seen from a standing view. LE did not need luminal to see them, they just had to look under the car.

You'd think that a person would write the name of their killer if possible. Maybe the part that was wiped away was the first name and all that was seen by the killer. What was left could have been the last name and the couple of letters right above it.

I have been reading this website for awhile looking for clues,a welcome is not neccessary but thank you

Here are few things that should have been reported-
Reports say nothing was missing,this is not true-

According to the Crime Scene Investigation Reports Mr. Jabalee's front pocket was inside out,money missing

Also,there were many more injuries than reported in papers and T.V.

Both of them were hit on the head 7-9 times
Both of them were stabbed 5 times
Both of their throats were cut
Both of them had 10-15 defensive wounds

I certainly don't know why LE doesn't have any dna from the perp(s). 10 to 15 defensive wounds, each.
Anything under the fingernails?

I hate to ask this but, do you know what the c.o.d.was?
and do you know the order of the assaults, ie hit, then stabbed, then slit?
Does LE know what was used to hit them, and were more than one knife used, as it was reported that two knives were missing. Thanks in advance, tia.

Also, what is known about a hose? Did the perp use it and then replace it? Do you have any info on the hose? The perp must have entered the home to get the knife, or knives, yet it has been reported that they didn't enter the house. This makes no sense.

On AMW it was said the killer used the hose and replaced it. A mop was also used.

I also read....
Mrs. Jabalee was a hard worker who used to say to other employees "if you can lean you can clean".

It is a bit interesting that Christine J's brother-in-law (whose last name looks a lot like the letters left in the message), resigned from a position he held as a Dexter Village President about one year after the murders (murder 10/7/2006 - resignation 10/22/2007). The summer before the murders (7/6/2006) - he was accused by one of the other Council memebers of participating in a "Land Grab" deal for the city.

http://www.dexterleader.com/stories/070606/loc_20060706002.shtml

Could be totally unrelated, but I always try to "follow the money trail". Do we know who profited most from this murder??? I can't imagine how a sister/brother-in-law would profit from any insurance policy, etc. Lost, do you have any ideas about this??? Welcome to WS's by the way, and I am deeply sorry for your family and what you have had to go thru. Sometimes, it is hard to read some of the questions we have, and please know in advance, we certainly mean no harm.... tough questions have to be asked. We hope you can clear up some of the questions and perhaps steer us in new directions.

You'd think that a person would write the name of their killer if possible. Maybe the part that was wiped away was the first name and all that was seen by the killer. What was left could have been the last name and the couple of letters right above it.

What crossed my mind ... If the killer went to the trouble of wiping away the writing with a mop, would he/she really have been so careless as to leave some of the writing? Stooping down to make sure he got everything is not alot of effort. Was the vehicle moved in the crime scene photo's to better expose them? Or could they simply have been written AFTER the killer left the scene?

Another thing, the blood outside of the garage that indicates someone escaped and was drug back in. They say "possibly Ron". Wouldn't they know this as an absolute, as they could test the blood and know if it belonged to Ron or Christine. Thought that was odd.

Just playing around with these letters;

essie, you, I see?

or someone with the initials S.S.E. you I see?

ETA;
What I see is J, S, e, v,
Then it's hard to make out, but my guess is C or an L, or a 1, then a G, or a 6.

So to me, I see; JSev16. The J and the S seem to me to be seperate and Capitalized.
I agree also that it could say J Seta, the a being backwards, and the v and 1 actually being a "t".

I also think they knew the killers. I think there are two since two knives appear missing, though I read from another poster that sometimes an extra hole for no knife is addedin a knife block. Nevertheless, LE states 2 knives are missing. Someone, LE thinks, Ron, made it out of the garage, but was dragged back inside. This makes little sense to me as the murders certainly weren't committed while the door was open? Chris, the woman, it appears dropped her cookie and turned to run into the house, so the assault on her husband was either in progress, or started as she got to the bottom step. Anyway, she recognizes something wrong only when she gets to the bottom step, and turns and runs back up the steps. Blood is found on the wall in smears, and the doorknob is bloody. That is in the pic where the door is closed. The pic with her slippers, the door appears open, but seems to be the same door. So, I don't know if there are two doors, or the same door in two positions.
The dot that makes the L, or 1 appear as an i seems to me a drop of blood from the back of the jeep, and isn't part of what she wrote, imo.

The crime appears to me to be very personal. They didn't take anything, though one poster says something was taken from a pocket of one, and they say it's a little money. I don't know where they got that info as no link is given, but I disagree. It could have been a business card, or something else that would identify the killer(s).
Though I don't know, I'm guessing the attack was personal against the man, and the woman was murdered simply because she was there and saw the crime against her husband.
The family member, lost, says that Ron got several calls that he avoided, or ignored within 48 hours of the murders.
I'm very sorry for your loss, lost. I pray your loved ones receive justice, and that it brings you some comfort.
Imo, this is not a random crime. Someone was angry with Ron. I want to say or wanted something from him, but no personal property was taken. Someone wanting to borrow money would have taken valuables, such as jewelry.
So imo, this was an act of rage against Ron.

Ron's son, in an interview gives me the impression that as parents, they expected a lot concerning the business
Working eighty hours in the beginning. Quitters never win, winners never quit. The mom and dad both seriously involved in the business, and all three children and Ryan's gf/wife was also an employee. As it is a meat business, I wonder if any of them are butchers by trade.
I can see these parents putting a whole lot of pressure on their children, and especially Ron Jr.
The parents were both 58, and the son, Ron, looks at least 40. His hair is graying. He showed little emotion in the interview and showed obvious signs, imo, of resentment, especially toward his father, but also toward his mother, but to a lessor degree.
I hope he isn't involved.
The father even called the son on Fridays on a regular basis concerning the business.
Imo, way too much involvement, and the children weren't allowed to go out on their own. They were perpetual children. Perhaps culture has something to do with it, but the parents and the son dressed like the average American family, the home, and hobbies, normal American hobbies, so I don't think culture was involved, but I could be mistaken. The son appeared to be dressed casual in the interiew, but seemed to me to have a serious personality, who carries a lot of weight on his shoulders. His business provides the livings of his whole family, his parents, brother, sister, children, etc. That's a lot of pressure.
I'm surprised the case hasn't been solved after all this time.
I wonder how the adult children are doing now, pertaining to the business.
moo

BBM
I think the door you are talking about is the walkthrough door beside the roll-up door.

Lost posted info that we had not heard before regarding tweleve calls to Ron which could not be traced. I find those calls to be very interesting and believe they may be related to the murders.

You bring up some interesting points regarding the family business/parents involvement. To add more detail to your comment ... Ron called every Friday to see how the "close" went. This indicates Sr. had a strong interest in the profitability of the company. I don't recall hearing, was Sr. the financial backer in upstart of this Co? Or could another reason be; he was RJ Meat's supplier, was the bill for the wholesale product not getting paid on time or was there some concern about payment?

What about the talk of opening a second store and Sr. retiring and coming into the business? It was mentioned in the AMW interview with Jr., Need to go back and listen to that part again. At the time of the interview he states he is still planning to open that second store and also says the business is doing great. Don't recall the date of the interview.

Lost??? Where are you??? This one HAS to be solvable!!! We just need to pool our resources, and get the "facts" straight. Ron and Christine may not have been 'perfect', but neither am I. I just can't help but think about that pair of slippers and the crumbled cookie on the bottom of those stairs. So sad.....so unnecessary.....and so in need of justice! :furious:

What crossed my mind ... If the killer went to the trouble of wiping away the writing with a mop, would he/she really have been so careless as to leave some of the writing? Stooping down to make sure he got everything is not alot of effort. Was the vehicle moved in the crime scene photo's to better expose them? Or could they simply have been written AFTER the killer left the scene?

I am thinking LE thought the killer missed those few letters because they were under the car. There might have been a shadow cast and the killer just didn't see the writing under there. I think the messages maybe have been written after the beatings and before the killer returned with the knives to finish them off. He made sure they were dead before he left. I don't think they wrote any more after he moped and hosed the area, most likely they were dead by then.

I wonder if the business or someone connected to it owed creditors. Creditors will call with unblockable numbers and might call twelve times in one day. I don't know about them having untraceable numbers though.

LE didn't just get a warrent for computers, they searched a son's home and vehicle.....

Investigators used the warrants to search the home of one of the slain couple's sons, as well as a meat market in Detroit, according to broadcast media reports. The reports also said police confiscated a couple of computers and a vehicle.

Police said they didn't have a motive for the slayings, and nothing from the home had been taken.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...-search-home--business-in-Jabalee-murder-case

......If a person tracked blood into their car, traces may still remain.

I wonder if the business or someone connected to it owed creditors. Creditors will call with unblockable numbers and might call twelve times in one day. I don't know about them having untraceable numbers though.

Sounds like the son's business is doing well ...

"Ryan Jabalee of RJ’s Meat offers that despite the economy's downturn, it has refocused the public’s attention to local mom and pop stores. “It’s really growing down here,” says Jabalee. “The market is jammed on Saturdays and people are coming here to buy their meat and cook at home.”

http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/content/article_5411.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back