ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the sling wasn't on while she was sleeping, but is missing now that she is too. That could be part of what is leading LE to consider abduction. Just a thought.

BBM: IF the sling was not on when Ayla was sleeping, and the sling is now missing -

IF it were a "stranger" -- HOW would the "stranger" KNOW that the Ayla was in a sling for her arm ? Then that would have to be "someone" who knows she needed the sling.

Has there been any "verification" that the sling is missing ?

TIA !

MOO ...

Any news at all??? Are volunteers searching, LE searching, anyone searching??? This baby has been missing WAY too long.

Any news at all??? Are volunteers searching, LE searching, anyone searching??? This baby has been missing WAY too long.

Good evening, I agree! Not that there's a good amount of time for a child to be mysteriously missing, but yeah, especially in this weather! Poor girl.

To be honest, I would not even leave an adult sleeping in my home for as long as 13 hours without checking on them more than once...or any age person, not to mention my much-loved cat. It just seems too long, to me. That is half a day, for heaven's sake. And this is a baby wih an injury. I jus don't know what to make of it, in this case, or in Baby Lisa's case, leaving a sick child in a closed room alone without checking on her. It makes me crazy.

When my 4 DS were 20 months old, they would sleep 12 hours straight (usually 8-8), and most mornings would wake up with a dry diaper. If I opened their door, they would immediately wake up (must have been that Mommy magnet:)), so I relied on the monitor to be sure they were safe and asleep. Do we know whether or not this family used a baby monitor?

Agreed with you both, Lato and Matou. Also, in one of the pix the Morning Sentinel put out, you can see a small brick patio/porch and some steps down from what I think is the back door, behind Ayla in the photo.

Storm doors are pretty much a given on houses in this region.

Here's the story/pic I am thinking of: http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

This article states Ayla was removed from her mother's care in mid-October. The mother is living in a hotel currently it's her 9 month old son.

So Mom has a 9-month old living with her at a hotel but lost Ayla due to something that is not being mentioned? Why would she be allowed to keep one baby but not the other?

So Mom has a 9-month old living with her at a hotel but lost Ayla due to something that is not being mentioned? Why would she be allowed to keep one baby but not the other?

I don't understand it either.

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.

They HAVE named the parents. I saw it on Yahoo News site. I can't remember the names just that the parents don't have the same last names. The mother's last name is Reynolds, but the dad has a different last name, a very uncommon (in the U.S.) last name. A different nationality, I don't know just what nationality.

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.

They HAVE named the parents. I saw it on Yahoo News site. I can't remember the names just that the parents don't have the same last names. The mother's last name is Reynolds, but the dad has a different last name, a very uncommon (in the U.S.) last name. A different nationality, I don't know just what nationality.

Yes, since I posted that, I know they have, thanks...

There are a lot of pools in the area, and this time of year they would all be closed up, covered with a tarp and probably a layer of leaves/snow/pools of rain. This may have been mentioned already, but I hope every person within walking distance has checked their pool very, very well. It would be easy for a child to fall in and be overlooked by just a cursory glance. Pools are such an attraction for kids of that age...

Just trying to think of places where my daughter, who is the same age, would go if she left the house.

They don't have volunteer groups out yet, do they? It's just LE?

Okay,so I find myself becoming a bit suspicious of mommy now. If the sling is gone, who would be likely to bring it along for their injured child? A mom would, but probably not your average kidnapper/

And mom has the little brother, but not Ayla. I wonder if she held a grudge about that?

eta: I don't think she wants to hurt her, just perhaps to keep her with her. I am sure she has been interviewed in the station. But is there someone who she might turn to ?

When my 4 DS were 20 months old, they would sleep 12 hours straight (usually 8-8), and most mornings would wake up with a dry diaper. If I opened their door, they would immediately wake up (must have been that Mommy magnet:)), so I relied on the monitor to be sure they were safe and asleep. Do we know whether or not this family used a baby monitor?
I haven't seen a baby monitor mentioned, Daisy.

If the complaint was specific to Ayla, or if the children have different fathers and Ayla's father filed a complaint to seek custody, the other child might not have been affected.

I kinda wonder why LE asked the grandfather to stay in Portland and not go to Waterville to help. Ayla's mother and grandmother have remained in Portland, also.

Ronald Reynolds, Ayla’s grandfather, said police asked him to stay in Portland rather than go to Waterville and try to help. He said he hasn’t been able to eat or sleep since police came to his home with the news Saturday.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

The article also says the maternal grandparents were critical of DHHS for their decision to remove Ayla from her mother's care.

This article states Ayla was removed from her mother's care in mid-October. The mother is living in a hotel currently it's her 9 month old son.

--i don't see anything about her being removed in mid october in that article?

--i don't see anything about her being removed in mid october in that article?
The toddler had lived in Portland with her mother and grandmother until mid-October, said Becca Hanson, Ayla’s grandmother.
The grandparents, who are not married and have separate addresses, said Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services had removed Ayla from her mother’s care in October. The maternal grandparents criticized the agency, although no details about the action were available Sunday.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member