FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house. The video goes black and no audio when she starts talking about her and the officer going to the OPAA Parking lot. grrrrr... What is OPAA... anyone know? Also, at least for me the video blacks out and silent again toward the end.
Did LE and Media decide this was too much info or is this just my computer failing to play all of this?

This is the video I think the Media/LE did the edit because Dieana was giving out information, which they did not want disclosed. She starts with talking about going with LE to the OPAA parking lot.

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.

In listening to the video again, the reporter states that he just spoke with Kyle and "he states" he is the last know person......

That just kind of gives me the creeps!

The media reports I read indicated that the garbage trucks are compactor-type so facial recognition would have been extremely unreliable, not to mention traumatic for whoever did so.

Confirmation through dental records makes much more sense.

According to the reporter, Kyle did say he was the last person to see Somer alive. If he did say that, I'm sure LE has talked intensely with him.

Yes, we don't have an interview with Kyle, its just a reporter - Ryan something - saying Kyle called the station and said he was the last person to see Somer and she said they did a good job on the house.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it reminds me of John Mark Karr. OR, someone calling the news station saying they are the RSO Kyle? I just don't see a RSO voluntarily calling a news station and admitting he was the last person with a murdered child. That's like wearing an "I molest children" t-shirt.

Couldn't help but spill a small laugh over this one. BBM! I REALLY wish they did have to wear those shirts!! It would make it a hell of a lot easier on us parents!!!

Maybe Kyle is saying he is the last known person to have seen Somer because LE said that to him ...

So hard to gauge how much attention to pay to this guy without seeing him on video. At least for me it is.

Yes, we don't have an interview with Kyle, its just a reporter - Ryan something - saying Kyle called the station and said he was the last person to see Somer and she said they did a good job on the house.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it reminds me of John Mark Karr. OR, someone calling the news station saying they are the RSO Kyle? I just don't see a RSO voluntarily calling a news station and admitting he was the last person with a murdered child. That's like wearing an "I molest children" t-shirt.

Unless the perp gave a false name -- or it was actually someone that could be a potential witness and spewed it out in his own way to the reporter?

Another question I have in regards to the "worker(s)" at this house. Does anyone know if the water is turned on at this residence, or do the worker(s) use the facilities across the street at the public restroom? This also brings up a red flag to me, for some reason.

Just wanted to add on top of this - If they couldn't ID her by looking at her - how would it still be possible to ID her by a birthmark??? I understand the confirmation through dental records but IRC there was lots of chatter about the birth mark?:waitasec:

This will sound gross, but maybe that portion of her leg was intact so they recognized it's likely Somer because of the birthmark? I'm not sure how LE does visual IDs, but I'd assume if the face is not recognizable there has to be a certain number of matching things to affirmatively ID a body. (Like not just a birthmark or freckles, because many people might have identical marks). But it could be enough to say tentatively it's probably her.

Just wanted to add on top of this - If they couldn't ID her by looking at her - how would it still be possible to ID her by a birthmark??? I understand the confirmation through dental records but IRC there was lots of chatter about the birth mark?:waitasec:

I think you'd still be able to see a birthmark even if her legs were not in their normal state.

And for court purposes, I think using dental records just makes sense. Won't get the defendant saying the body wasn't Somer.

We don't know Kyle was an RSO. We don't even know if Kyle was real. We're just speculating on possible theories, wishing we had more to work with. :)

This will sound gross, but maybe that portion of her leg was intact so they recognized it's likely Somer because of the birthmark? I'm not sure how LE does visual IDs, but I'd assume if the face is not recognizable there has to be a certain number of matching things to affirmatively ID a body. (Like not just a birthmark or freckles, because many people might have identical marks). But it could be enough to say tentatively it's probably her.

Right, makes sense what you say. But wouldn't noticing her hair be more distinguishing than a birthmark. Plus the hair does not decompose does it? I was also thinking of decomposition. Just curious how that would work??

They sorted through more than 200,000 tons of garbage before their worst fears were realized: Sticking out of the rubbish were a child's lifeless legs.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=7081964

I have not been able to read much in the last three days, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the possibility of an accidental death has been raised.

Though I am suspicious of the Indigo hands-on healer character, the possibility has occured to me of Somer darting across a parking lot, alley or driveway and being run over, then the driver grabbing her up in an effort to get rid of her, maybe dumping her; mortally injured, in the dumpster. It could have been someone with a reason to fear being caught in the area, someone who had been drinking/drugging, or someone on probation, parole, or with previous DUI's. Could have even been a foolish teenager driving dad's car without permission. People do stupid things!

With Mom having a live-in and all of the perverts in the area, it probably is a sex crime, but without more info as to the condition of the body or manner of death, we can't rule out the possibility of an accident and cover-up.

Susan

No she was most def not ran over or hit by a car b.c it has been stated that when her body was found it was found partially clothed.

How could LE tell Kyle that he was the last person to see Somer? They have no idea of who the last person was! This whole Kyle thing is really, really weird especially because of the "good job" comment which puts the whole thing right at what is probably the crime scene.

Maybe Kyle is saying he is the last known person to have seen Somer because LE said that to him ...

So hard to gauge how much attention to pay to this guy without seeing him on video. At least for me it is.
(bolding mine)

I totally agree.

Another day gone and no arrest yet ~ so more prayers tonight that tomorrow will be the day.

:rose: for Somer

Good night, all! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members