FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello...I am new here, so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I do have a question in regards to the video to which Kyle claimed he was the last to see Somer. My question is: How does he know he's the last person to see her? Is this something LE told him, or that he "assumes"? Just kind of raised a red flag to me.
:clap: BRAVO! Very nice catch...just exactly how does he know he was the last one to see her? Can someone post that video now? Please...I just wanna hear him say it.:furious:

I have not been able to read much in the last three days, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the possibility of an accidental death has been raised.

Though I am suspicious of the Indigo hands-on healer character, the possibility has occured to me of Somer darting across a parking lot, alley or driveway and being run over, then the driver grabbing her up in an effort to get rid of her, maybe dumping her; mortally injured, in the dumpster. It could have been someone with a reason to fear being caught in the area, someone who had been drinking/drugging, or someone on probation, parole, or with previous DUI's. Could have even been a foolish teenager driving dad's car without permission. People do stupid things!

With Mom having a live-in and all of the perverts in the area, it probably is a sex crime, but without more info as to the condition of the body or manner of death, we can't rule out the possibility of an accident and cover-up.

Susan

Can you please do us all a favor and put this baby to rest and please give us a link to where this was proven to be an error? I've been trying to keep up and I don't recall this ever being discussed at all.

Maybe my memory is fading (likely!) but I don't feel like we had the police report until several days - and several threads - after Somer went missing.

What's to say that someone didn't offer Somer a ride since she was running. She could have gotten into a truck/van/car and then taken to a parking lot or the vacant house or driven around. Then killed. Then dumped.
Also, around here the clothes closets are often run by S Army or a rescue mission. They hire people who are really downontheirluck as a way to help them. Skid row type people.
The person listed on the police report was in error. Someone thought that someone looked like that person and so listed their name But it turned out to be a mistake. That was like thread #1.

Bold is mine.

Are you thinking about the 4 arrested individuals whose address was incorrectly given as that of the Thompson family?

I did not realize that the man listed on the police report, CWG, who was also an SO, was also listed in error.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33427528/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I realize that LE is quoted as saying that "no local SO" was involved (paraphrased) but wondered if this man would be considered local since he came from Texas.

Hello...I am new here, so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I do have a question in regards to the video to which Kyle claimed he was the last to see Somer. My question is: How does he know he's the last person to see her? Is this something LE told him, or that he "assumes"? Just kind of raised a red flag to me.

VERY GOOD question, just how does he KNOW he was the Last to see Somer alive????

:Welcome-12-june:

The owner interviewed live the other night seemed to be shaken up with everything, and appeared to be completely cooperative with LE, basically doing anything he could to clear himself, his brother, and his crew. His brother or Kyle may have him 'fooled' and if it is one of them, he may flip a nutty...!
I saw that interview and the one that stated his brother and another employee had been questioned, swabbed etc...

LE is being very prudent with regards to information...as they should be. I just hope they are keeping the information that will identify the person responsible without a doubt to themselves until the time presents itself and they can move in and make the arrest.

MOO

Maz

WELCOME.png

Missouri Mom, excellent first post!

WELCOME Missouri Mom - Great question! I don't think Kyle said he was the last one to see Somer...I'm pretty sure that was the interpretation by some on here. Not sure exactly.

Welcome, I don't have an answer for you, however, your "hinky meter" went off, we pay close attention to those until we have answers. I would think if he said that, then the LE( law enforcement) told him that, however, you never know. This is just my opinion.

I have not been able to read much in the last three days, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the possibility of an accidental death has been raised.

Though I am suspicious of the Indigo hands-on healer character, the possibility has occured to me of Somer darting across a parking lot, alley or driveway and being run over, then the driver grabbing her up in an effort to get rid of her, maybe dumping her; mortally injured, in the dumpster. It could have been someone with a reason to fear being caught in the area, someone who had been drinking/drugging, or someone on probation, parole, or with previous DUI's. Could have even been a foolish teenager driving dad's car without permission. People do stupid things!

With Mom having a live-in and all of the perverts in the area, it probably is a sex crime, but without more info as to the condition of the body or manner of death, we can't rule out the possibility of an accident and cover-up.

Susan

Hello and welcome!

The sheriff said they "had a child killer on the loose" so I think it ruled out accident.

I think if she'd been hit by a car the person would have taken off in a typical hit and run, not tried to lift her (65 pounds is not easy if person is unconscious), risk being seen ... JMO

ETA: One other thing. One of the reporters asked if she'd been sexually assaulted (or words to that effect) and LE would now answer. If she had not been (as would have been the case in a driver hitting her with car) then why not just say no ... because IMO the answer was yes.

won't work for me, says error link broken

I know, I am guessing that link wasn't allowed to be posted since it was showing broken so I deleted it :(

Can I post a picture of Somer? It is one I haven't seen circulated much.

I understand where you're coming from, but you're taking the unconfirmed, uncorroborated word of a random reporter who said that an unidentified "Kyle" said that Somer said something to "the workers" as fact. It's not, and its only been reported by one station. I think the whole thing is fishy, and I especially wouldn't give any weight to the pluralization of the sentence. Remember the game telephone?
Actually I never took any of it as fact. I said supposedly and ended with was it a total fabrication.
Maz

:cow:

Susan

IIRC it has been stated homicide/murder.
LE did state they were going after 'him' when they first found Somer.
Since they know COD I am trusting they know this was no accident.
kwim

won't work for me, says error link broken

Try this BUT when the page loads click on ORANGE PARK FL on the left hand side.....watch closely cuz the image of the girls will likely only flash for a second then it flips you to 1980 Plainfield Ave...http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=Orange+Park,+FL&ie=UTF8&gl=us&ei=nXfgSuvjI5OzlAeU3sGEDw&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA&t=h&layer=c&cbll=30.166093,-81.706574&panoid=76nt-ngIVgpCMiJe4egAFw&cbp=12,103.72,,0,5&hq=&hnear=Orange+Park,+Clay,+Florida&ll=30.178559,-81.72178&spn=0,359.977319&z=16&iwloc=A

Hope it works....

Respectfully, we don't know if Vinson the owner was present at the time Somer supposedly communicated to the workers.

The use of the word workers indicates more than one. So the question is: Was it just Kyle and GV present when Somer made her comment (even though it has been stated that GV was not working on this property at the time)...or was it Kyle and one other worker present...or was it Kyle and more than one other worker there...or was it Kyle and Vinson the owner there or was it a total fabrication.

MOO

Maz

I see what you are saying. For some reason, I was under the impression that GV was there also. I'll have to go listen to that video again.

Salem

I think if it was an accident, LE would state that and not have all of this secrecy. If the burned house is the crime scene, then wouldn't it make sense that she was killed there? And if that is true, did the construction crew work there until Somer's body was found? If it is where she was killed, that house is really , really important . Isn't it a rental? Then who rented there and maybe they had an SO friend that came to visit? I just don't think that house was chosen randomly. Someone has to know the house, know the layout, know that it was available, etc.

That could very well be true but I have to disagree with you based on a few facts.

1. They knew cause of death the following day which leads me to believe she was killed with some sort of blunt force trauma & probably raped. I don't know anything about autopsy's but if they can't physically see how the person died don't they do some sort of testing? Blunt force trauma you can look at the person's bones etc and see it.

2. LE not releasing cause of death specifically stating that its due to how badly the crime was.

3. They couldn't ID her by just looking at her.

4. The story is being featured on America's Most Wanted.

I just think something VERY BAD happened to this little girl. Who is to say the perp didn't take her out of town to kill her then disposed her body later on.

Just wanted to add on top of this - If they couldn't ID her by looking at her - how would it still be possible to ID her by a birthmark??? I understand the confirmation through dental records but IRC there was lots of chatter about the birth mark?:waitasec:

Yes, we don't have an interview with Kyle, its just a reporter - Ryan something - saying Kyle called the station and said he was the last person to see Somer and she said they did a good job on the house.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it reminds me of John Mark Karr. OR, someone calling the news station saying they are the RSO Kyle? I just don't see a RSO voluntarily calling a news station and admitting he was the last person with a murdered child. That's like wearing an "I molest children" t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken