Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like some sort of artifact similar to what we see in the upper right corner. Its tough when we don't have the original digital images to work from :(

Anybody notice that the shower door in the black and white photo appears to be opening in the opposite direction (swinging out to the right) vs. the police photos?

Dave

Exactly. The black and white picture is reversed/flipped. I noticed that too.

Has anyone come across a police diagram showing the whole bathroom?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, she took the picture of him in the mirror so everything is reversed.

Yes, but the picture is also flipped. If you look at the floor plan and imagine yourself looking into the mirror...

flores-report-detailed-breakdown

4:00 am June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi arrives at Travis’ house in a white rental car.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Zach Billings (Travis roommate) his day off work. Zach said he got up and returned (his) car rental he had been using. His car was being repaired after being in an accident. (Flores Page 17) NOTE: BOTH Jodi and Zach are driving car rentals during the same time to Travis’ house.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Enrique said the last time he saw Travis was on Wednesday 2008
6-4-08. He said that he remembered talking to Travis that morning and Travis told him that he had a conference call scheduled that day. Travis also told Enrique that he hadn’t slept very much, only getting about 45 minutes of sleep that night. (Flores Page 15).

Noon June 4, 2008 Weds Travis last outgoing text was to Chris Hughes about a very
important conference call for that evening.(Flores Pg 13)
1:40 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi and Travis make sexually suggestive photos
3:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach returned to Travis house 1500 hrs./3pm (Flores Page 17)
4:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach went to his girlfriend, Mandy’s house 1600 hrs/4pm (Flores Page 17)
4:19 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Last activity on Travis’ LAPTOP was at 1619 hrs./4:19 pm
This consisted of email activity. (Flores Page 11)
5:29 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the last photo of Travis alive
5:30 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the photo of Travis bleeding on floor

I'm a bit behind the curve on the roommate. Did the roommate know that Jodi was present in the house?

Dave

Haha! DUH!! :facepalm:

Dave

Why do you think the shower overhead light isn't on in the shower pictures, Dave? He even has it turned on when he's shaving before his shower, so he obviously uses it (it would be a cave even with the light on outside the shower, and if she's taking pictures of him, even with flash, you have to have other light on the subject, so why no overhead light? It means something.

I couldn't find a diagram of the whole bathroom either.

Pink Panther, all the pics of her were taken before the pics of him, and I think 2 pics (one of each of them) was so blurry you couldn't see what they were. One of the videos of that day's testimoney has all of the pics at the end (after court ended), don't recall who uploaded it, might have been tawnidilly, but you can screen shot them for there.

I'm thinking that the nudies were on the memory stick before she got to his place, one of the things she was going to give him, not sure about the shower photos but I can't figure the camera being in the bathroom if those weren't taken then.

I'm a bit behind the curve on the roommate. Did the roommate know that Jodi was present in the house?

Dave

No, he had two roomates and neither saw or heard her, nor saw her car parked anywhere, and unless there's another set of stairs going upstairs, both had to have walked past the doorway to his room every day before he was discovered on the 5th day, and neither smelled anything until the door was opened that night.

No, he had two roomates and neither saw or heard her, nor saw her car parked anywhere, and unless there's another set of stairs going upstairs, both had to have walked past the doorway to his room every day before he was discovered on the 5th day, and neither smelled anything until the door was opened that night.

I'm guessing this has been covered in detail elsewhere, but doesn't it seem strange that neither roommate knew she was at the house? She arrives at 4am (there would have been some noise), there's some interaction between the roommates and Travis, she has a car, but neither knew she was present in their house?

The reason I find this interesting is that Jodi's plan included pretending to the world that she was not in Arizona on June 4th. The roommates were a wild card she couldn't have fully comprehended in her planning. Sounds quite risky. One slip-up or one moment of bad timing and her alibi is blown.

Perhaps that's why she arrived at such an odd hour.. to be stealthy and keep her presence hidden from the roomies...

Dave

Looks like some sort of artifact similar to what we see in the upper right corner. Its tough when we don't have the original digital images to work from :(

Dave

<snipped>

The upper right is glare from the projector but also it looks like flash glare bouncing off the shower door, doesn't it? On the left at the very top is something metallic, I made sure the picture wasn't moving when I screen shot it and did it a couple times to be sure it was on the photo itself and not glare or any other thing. Look at the blow up of the dragging pic's corner and the metallic object in it, it's the same shape, and look to the left of that, something else is there that was either too close for the camera to focus or was intentionally obfuscated later.

Ok. I flipped the shaving pic and magically, the shower door is where it should be...Also, she did not take the picture in the mirror. She took it facing directly at him.

I am going to try to post the "flipped" picture.

shaving_flipped.jpg

I'm guessing this has been covered in detail elsewhere, but doesn't it seem strange that neither roommate knew she was at the house? She arrives at 4am (there would have been some noise), there's some interaction between the roommates and Travis, she has a car, but neither knew she was present in their house?

The reason I find this interesting is that Jodi's plan included pretending to the world that she was not in Arizona on June 4th. The roommates were a wild card she couldn't have fully comprehended in her planning. Sounds quite risky. One slip-up or one moment of bad timing and her alibi is blown.

Perhaps that's why she arrived at such an odd hour.. to be stealthy and keep her presence hidden from the roomies...

Dave

Enrique had a pretty set schedule, left the house around 6:00 a.m. and returned around between 6:00 - 6:30 (I believe he uses public transport for work), Zack was off that day (the 4th), he'd been in an accident and had a rental car and was returning it that morning, here's the link to Flores report, you can get a good amount of info from that:

http://wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Detective-Flores-Investigation-Report.pdf

Regarding the flipped picture. I had assumed that TA was left-handed. In fact, he was not. He was right-handed.

moo

Why do you think the shower overhead light isn't on in the shower pictures, Dave? He even has it turned on when he's shaving before his shower, so he obviously uses it (it would be a cave even with the light on outside the shower, and if she's taking pictures of him, even with flash, you have to have other light on the subject, so why no overhead light? It means something.

You raise an interesting point geevee. The shower light must be on a different circuit than the vanity lights, unless the bulb was simply burned out. Going out on a limb here, but Jodi might have thought concealing the gun and bringing it out to shoot Travis would be a bit easier if the shower stall wasn't fully lit. From Travis' perspective in the shower, Jodi would have been back-lit and more shadowy with the shower light turned off.

If I'm Jodi, I would want every possible advantage, including lighting.

Dave

You raise an interesting point geevee. The shower light must be on a different circuit than the vanity lights, unless the bulb was simply burned out. Going out on a limb here, but Jodi might have thought concealing the gun and bringing it out to shoot Travis would be a bit easier if the shower stall wasn't fully lit. From Travis' perspective in the shower, Jodi would have been back-lit and more shadowy with the shower light turned off.

Dave
I don't understand why you think the light is off. All of the pics are taken from an angle that don't include the ceiling or the light. The photos are dim because the lighting level is low and they were taken without flash.

moo

Dave

Maybe so, she might have been afraid of light glinting off a gun or knife (ala Psycho) but unless having the light off worked with his modesty over having pics taken at all, it just seems like that would have made him suspicious. But heck, she has something in her hand during this so at some point I think he knew something was going on and maybe trying to figure a way out of it.

Look in other shower pics, that overhead light is not on - why not? And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures (you can see it in the pic I posted above, looks like it has two screws on the bottom of it).

What do you mean "And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures"???

I don't understand what you are referring to?

I can't see any overhead light here, or shadows to indicate any light from above (except the outer bath ceiling light):

52500_zps59d8dc73.jpg

This thread will close in ten minutes. It has gotten lengthy and I am going to create a new one. I will be back with the link in a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie