2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for your last sentence I can understand your position, but I would NOT ever have done what CA did, not just unwisely but deliberately lie over and over, doing her best to obstruct the investigation into Caylee's death simply to protect (1) ICA's guilt and (2) her own vain image .
It is not a coincidence that the first time she has told the truth about several critical matters was last week on the stand, but that was only because she was forced into a corner by her own well documented lies. They were coming for GA and LA and I feel sure she would have been prosecuted by the SA when this case finished. That made her change of heart, nothing else. She will still cover up for ICA any chance she can get away with it. She is a bigger liar than her daughter IMO.

I understand where you're coming from. By my "there but for the grace of God" comment, I just meant that I'm grateful I've never been a mother put in that position. No mother should ever have to hear herself say words that she knows might well result in her daughter being put to death. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Dr. G's testimony and reasoning ~

Child not reported missing right away
Child thrown out in a field, consistent with homocide
Child containerized, consistent with homocide
duct tape on face

Homocide of undermined means. Dr. G does not know the means.
When asked if any items found with the body could have been used to kill Caylee; duct tape could have caused death but she's not sure.
Plastic bag over head could cause death by suffocation.

Not found with the body but asked of Dr. G. - Chloroform? Could that kill a child? "Absolutely".

Dr. G can't tell what exactly caused Caylee's death. She can't 100 percent rule out trauma because the body is so decomposed.
No antimortum (pre-death)injury to the bones. Aware of illness? She asked for that info and was told there were no illnesses.

Postmortum (after death) trauma from animals - yes. Means of homocide could not be determined but the bulk of the evidence:
tossed, not reported missing, hidden and in bag, duct tape near face = homocide.
Dr. G is going by circumstantial evidence that seems logical.

100 percent of the time accidents are reported to authorities unless there's a good reason not to.
All parents call 911 when they find a drowned child. Looking at systematic observational data on behavior of peeps.

Cause of death by undetermined means based on her knowledge of data.

The story may have been told, but LP was not in the house to have heard it said to him. That is the part he made up.

LP was in the A's home for several days I thought, as once he bailed KC out of jail, it was on the condition that she lead them to Caylee. I also thought LP had someone named Tracy with him.

How many grandparents of missing kids have been treated as horribly as what George and Cindy have been treated?

I can't think of any offhand. But they have themselves squarely to blame for that.. not many grandparents of 'missing' children demand immunity before speaking to FBI etc- get bat phones in case their phone lines were being listenedto, go on the rounds of talk shows, to LIE, not just support their daughter, but to LIE about her involvement each time, while their grandchild lies in a swamp. How many grandparents sell photos to Media, go to stay at the Ritz and eat at Media's expense on the day the grandchild's remains are found? I have such a long list of their scandalous behavior, but all the criticism they have received has been of their own making.
It was obvious from the beginning, and reinforced during the testimony this week that they KNEW she had done something to Caylee from the earliest date. In fact we know that as soon as they started deliberately lying they were aware.

LP was in the A's home for several days I thought, as once he bailed KC out of jail, it was on the condition that she lead them to Caylee. I also thought LP had someone named Tracy with him.

Tracy stayed with her as security for Lenny's bail money, but Lenny was only in there briefly on one evening according to R Dick and TPadilla...

Obstruction of justice?

Sorry, yes, obstruction of justice.

Tracy was the one in the home, but I don't believe LP was. It's been a while ago now, so my memory may be failing. Maybe I should go to try and find the original LP thread.

Annie was right, Casey was not smart enough, that's why she's on trial for murder. What smarts does it take to kill your 3 year old, dump her body in the woods, and tell lies?
So glad to see you CW!!

There is an entire thread here somewhere that lists all LP's lies, including links.

For just one example, LP talked about the many times he was in the Anthony house, although he was, by his own words, only in the house for a few minutes on the evening that he bailed Casey out of jail.

He also stated that Casey told him this, that, and the other thing while also stating that Casey never said a word to him.

There's a lot more, it's been a while. You'll have to find the thread or I'll look later if you prefer, I have limited time because company is on the way.

I think the entire Blanchard Park fiasco was set up by Padilla. I think he put the beads similar to Casey's in the tree and pretended it was a sign of where Casey dumped the body. The FBI wanted to do a lie detector test after that one, but Padilla never did it after saying publicly that he would.

I totally believe Tim Miller when he says that Padilla wanted the money and fame he'd get from finding the body and being pictured holding the skull in the air. There is nothing I'd put past Padilla, nothing.
I also think LP got most of his info and talking points from websites like WS.

I felt the SAME way yesterday. It makes my blood boil, too, that the Inmate can flip a FAKE emotional switch when the jury leaves. I SO wish the jury could see that! Luckily, I don't even think that they care.

I hope Linda Drane Burdick tells Jose to stop peeking at her notes.

I find it highly unusual that he always stands right beside her at any given chance.
His eyes dart to her notes.
Is he that desperate to figure out what the prosecution has up their sleeves?

--------------
That is why he accuses everyone else of looking at his computers.!!

I didn't hear Lee's testimony so I have to ask, did Lee testify that Casey told that story to Padilla, after Padilla prodded it out of her? That's what Padilla claims. As I said, she never spoke to Padilla.

No, as far as I know, she told Lee the story, when she was out on bail. So he perhaps told LP the story.

I never said the shovel was to carry Caylee. I think it was used as a lever. She never smelled of decomposition per TL.
How else did. she move Caylee? The bags were leaking all over the trunk at the end

Something made that depression in the matting of the carpet/trunk liner. Caylee wasn't that heavy, but a frozen item placed in a hot trunk would...
Guess we shall see soon.

Didn't the A's buy a NEW freezer in July Aug 08? - wonder why
.MOO

I can't think of any offhand. But they have themselves squarely to blame for that.. not many grandparents of 'missing' children demand immunity before speaking to FBI etc- get bat phones in case their phone lines were being listenedto, go on the rounds of talk shows, to LIE, not just support their daughter, but to LIE about her involvement each time, while their grandchild lies in a swamp. How many grandparents sell photos to Media, go to stay at the Ritz and eat at Media's expense on the day the grandchild's remains are found? I have such a long list of their scandalous behavior, but all the criticism they have received has been of their own making.
It was obvious from the beginning, and reinforced during the testimony this week that they KNEW she had done something to Caylee from the earliest date. In fact we know that as soon as they started deliberately lying they were aware.

I know I have said this before, but I am really bothered by the fact that we don't know when/if George or Cindy are telling the truth in court, only if they are sticking to their deposition. The defense has a big motive to make George, at least, look like a liar, an unreliable person, and sooner or later some of their earlier lies and actions may come out in court, one way or another. I doubt very much if JB cares if he causes a mistrial.

BBM:

Are we even sure that she told the truth this time, ZsaZsa? I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing any of the Anthonys. After three years of constantly changing stories, bizarre outbursts, etc. from the whole lot of them, I am still not sure we're hearing the truth.

Well I agree. She told the truth about key facts when she knew there was absolutely NO alternative, she would end up being impeached and eventually charged with obstruction in this case if she did not. There is just too much evidence of her deliberate lying.
I thought her appearance was very suspicious that day. Every day we have seen her show up for hearings, court case, depositions, you name it- she is well groomed with makeup and jewelry . Except for one hearing when she did this big turnaround, looking like a bag lady on anti-depressants, and it was obviously contrived to gain sympathy. That was the day her memory miraculously returned, about placing Febreze all over the trunk of the car......
Last week she did the same thing. She wore no makeup, her hair was visibly greasy and dirty and she looked dowdy. Some of the time she was crying I felt it was genuine,but I am sorry I did not believe a lot of it. I don't trust her any more than I would trust ICA to babysit for me... she is still sending secret messages to ICA, I am SURE of that.

I know I have said this before, but I am really bothered by the fact that we don't know when/if George or Cindy are telling the truth in court, only if they are sticking to their deposition. The defense has a big motive to make George, at least, look like a liar, an unreliable person, and sooner or later some of their earlier lies and actions may come out in court, one way or another. I doubt very much if JB cares if he causes a mistrial.

I think they are still in up to their necks with Baez, that's for sure.
If you are not used to thinking in devious, underhanded ways (I'm not and I'm sure you are not) then it's hard to figure out what they are up to,but it's only a few weeks since CA was all over JB every hearing, hugging and rubbing his back. ugh

How many grandparents of missing kids have been treated as horribly as what George and Cindy have been treated?

Caylee wasn't "missing"; they just refused to acknowledge that, so they could protect their murdering daughter. Everyone else could see it.

But they were never sued for obstruction of justice? I guess this was just a precaution for them?

They would not have been 'sued,' that's a civil matter. They were walking a VERY thin line and, imo were about to be charged .........as in a 'criminal charge,' which Obstruction of Justice falls under. HTH

I can't fathom her leaving the baby's body in the backyard while she was at TL's watching the two videos. GA/CA could have gone into the yard with their dogs during this time.

MK said there was no odour in the car when the four of them drove to restaurant/club? I don't remember what date that was, so the baby's body must have been hidden somewhere.

imo

The date that Casey drove her friends to the restaurant was June 4th, long before Caylee's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth